Develop procedures that govern the credit and collection activities of our company. Manage the investigation of credit risks involving customers and the collection of amounts due us for goods and services provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and comply with all safety and environmental requirements and company policies of Weatherford.
- Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies and maintain once in place.
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit hold.
- Interact with customers to obtain additional credit information to support credit lines.
- Lead and assist in the collection of past due accounts and minimize bad debt losses while maximizing sales by working with customers, internal personnel and management.
- Lead and support cash application and small balance write-offs.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly collection performance and forecast reports.
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records.
- Ensure that all required sales tax is invoiced and collected.
- Continually review processes for improvements, while maintaining integrity of policies.
- Must know the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by the supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 5+ years of credit experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in business and experience with credit scoring systems preferred
- Thorough knowledge of credit-related laws
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of software and ERP systems
- Analytical and organizational skills
Indeed - 10 months ago