Organization: Bilfinger Water Technologies, Inc
Date Needed: ASAP
City: New Brighton
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: 8 Full Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s/MBA Preferred
Experience Requirement: 20+ Years
Terms: Regular full-time, exempt position
Reports to: General Manager-U.S.
The Human Resources (HR) Director is a member of the Executive Team and HR accountability for four U.S. locations. Will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of personnel programs, strategies, policies, and procedures, including staff development and performance management programs, all of which reflect the values of our organization. Providing comprehensive services, the HR Director’s goal is to build positive relationships, increase job satisfaction, and to foster the alignment of employees with the organization’s mission and values. The person ensures that employees are valued, feel empowered to fully express themselves, and are treated in a fair and equitable manner. This individual also insures employees are compliant with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide counsel and direction regarding Human Resources to the business unit’s Executive Team.
- Provide hands-on support to supervisors to assist in handling employee relations issues, performance deficiencies, and interpersonal conflicts.
- Oversee all recruitment/staffing activities from job requisition stage through offers of employment.
- Serve as business unit’s EEO coordinator to insure that Affirmative Action goals are met, and review all personnel activities to confirm they are in compliance with state and federal law.
- With assistance from outside broker, design and administer employee benefits program, including open enrollment, wellness activities, and employee education.
- Oversee company’s compensation program to insure internal equity and competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Manage Human Resources budget and work to provide services/benefits in a cost-effective manner.
- Insure that all Human Resource activities comply with State and Federal Law.
- Interpret and clarify personnel policies and programs to supervisors and employees.
- Assist in acquisition planning and due diligence.
- Develop and administer a performance management process that links the organization’s objectives to individual performance and contribution as well as recognition for the same.
- Counsel managers on effective performance management and application of company policy.
- Oversee business unit’s charitable giving and community support activities.
- Degree in business administration or a related field with a human resources focus and 20 years plus progressively responsible experience in human resources management, preferably in a manufacturing environment. MBA preferred.
- SPHR certification
- Ability to build teams, mentor staff, and communicate effectively with others within the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, labor law, and a thorough working knowledge of workers compensation law.
- Effective interpersonal communication (written and presentation), facilitation, and organization skills with a mind for detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project timelines and manage projects and tasks.
- Diverse knowledge of employee benefits and pay for performance programs.
- Ability to develop new employee handbook, management policy guide and performance management system.
- Ability to travel 6-8 times per year, sometimes on short notice.
- Sound evaluative, decision-making, and negotiating skills.
- Strong experience with talent pool development, organizational design, project management, and group facilitation.
- Strong leadership, business acumen, change management, influencing, and consulting skills required.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply" to submit your resume.
No relocation fees