Johnson Screens, a leading designer/manufacturer of Vee Wire(tm) Screen products for filtration systems, is looking for a HSE Coordinator. This position will be based in New Brighton, MN.
Under minimum supervision, inspect working conditions in industrial and other settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spend time on the shop floor, interacting with employees engaged in the manufacturing process.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment / safety procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Maintain HSE program for facilities in multiple states.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules are observed.
- Ensure that OSHA as well as other environmental and safety recordkeeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Tour and inspect company facilities to ensure health, safety, and environmental compliance are maintained and recommend corrective or preventive measures where needed.
- Oversee the investigation and evaluation of accidents. Recommending preventative safety measures and developing safety program.
- Compile and submit required OSHA accident reports.
- Participate in the review of new operations, processes and procedures to assure HSE issues/hazards are addressed.
- Lead Safety Team.
- Coordinate or provide in-house safety training for new hires.
- Assist in the administration of the behavior-based safety program.
- Provide weekly safety meeting information to U.S. locations.
- Conduct HSSE inspections and audits in U.S facilities.
- Prepare report of findings with recommendations for corrective action.
- Required to work on a 24 hour call basis.
- 4 year degree preferred in Safety & Environment
- 2+ years of safety and environmental experience in manufacturing setting.
- Travel required.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of safety equipment and standards.
- Should exhibit good judgment skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must be a self starter and work under minimal supervision.
Johnson Screens offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard