JOHNSON Employee Reviews

Enjoyable
Office Administrator, Tech Support and Accounting (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2016
Working for Johnson Services was a pleasure and from time to time I still do accounting work for them. I worked from home, managed tech support and training's and did the billing for the company. The CEO is an awesome boss who cares about his employees. There were no downfalls to this position, the hardest part of the position was trying to motivate agents who didnt understand the meaning of you have to work hard to get a return on a commission based position, nothing comes easy and you get what you give when you are an indepent contractor. Loved working from my home office, no dress code was nice and relaxing.
Pros
working from home, no dress code
Cons
no health insurance
Great place to learn about tax preparation
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 22, 2016
Johnson, Miller & Co. is a leading regional tax firm in West Texas. They provide all the resources necessary to excel in tax preparation. The nature of a tax career requires a tax professional to work extensive hours during busy tax season. However, work hours are normal during the summer and winter, which allows employees to use paid time off and have great vacations. At Johnson, Miller & Co. a tax preparer will learn to analyze financial statements and tax returns to assist the client in making informed decisions that will help their business continue growing. I highly recommend this company to any aspiring tax accountant.
Pros
Catering (Great food)
Cons
Tax season gets very busy.
Word Processor II
Word Processor II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 20, 2015
Good Company to work for. Good service. Good Benefits. Friendly place and good people to work with, Enjoyed my duties as a Word Processor II<
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
wish contract lasted longer
Good company to work for.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTNovember 5, 2015
Safe work environment with good benefits. Jobs with short commute distance. Good team work environment on job, safety oriented environment for workers and equipment. Gave me the opportunity to expand and improve my skills in different areas of expertise.
Pros
Short commute
Excellent
Real Estate Paralegal/Landman, TX, VA, KS (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2016
The hours are long but enjoyable. I have had the opportunity to lay my life down and set things aside so I can listen to people and help them with issues I might have more knowledge of than what they possess. I truly love what I do. Real estate is my love.
Pros
Help people
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to help everyone that needs it.
Very nice & professional enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 8, 2016
The job place was very diverse professional environment. It was a team player workplace. No one didn't look down on you when you ask any type of questions.
Pros
Very good work flow everyday and always learning something new.
Cons
Just didn't get permanent emplyment
Good/Friendly Working Environment
Lancaster and Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 21, 2015
The working/job environment is good, it always hot and humid,
easy part is being able to the work load and hardest is withstanding the weather. I have learned the basic of doing simple paper work and ups shipping.
Pros
Good/Friendly People and Free lunches
Cons
Heat/Humidity No benefits for part time work
Fun environment and great atmospher.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2016
A typical day in the office was taking notes, answering emails, coordinating meetings, enter data and maintaining filing systems both electronically and on paper.
Pros
You get to know a lot of fun, caring people.
Cons
I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Best place to work ever!
Receptionist, Law Firm (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 14, 2016
Loved the fast paced but laid back approach to getting the job done while having fun. Great people to work for in an excellent environment in downtown Savannah. Loved greeting clients and working with all the attorneys and their assistants.
Cons
The whole team worked together and communication was held nicely
Culinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2016
Cleaning and restocking the areas I was responsible for, depending on the day there was either less or more to clean. I drove golf carts to get the the areas to clean and bring supplies.

Want to know more about JOHNSON?

Ask a question
Love my job
Billing Clerk/Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAAugust 31, 2016
I enjoy working with all of my co-workers
Dealing with realtors and banks can be difficult as they are all different.
every day is different
Pros
They are very family oriented
Cons
don't get recognized for the efforts put in
Stable opportunity for Recruiters
Avaition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
JSG provides recruiters both experienced and entry level the guidance needed to obtain a great lifestyle and additionally skills needed for a successful recruiter and/or TA
Great company to work for.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 7, 2016
I did a short term contract and it was a great experience. The managers were attentive and resolved issues quickly and efficiently.
Pros
Attentive managers and professional
Cons
Nothing to say
Good job, bad pay
Club Sports Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johnson CenterAugust 18, 2016
Working in the Club Sports Office was a great school job but lacked reasonable compensation. Employees were neglected but freedoms were high.
nice place to work
Boiler & Chiller Operations Internship (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 17, 2015
Great product manufactured. Excellent work environment. Very little job security. Unfair treatment of temporary employees. No benefits.
Pros
state of the art equipment
Cons
poor training
Productive work environment with fun co workers
Sharp problem solver (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to effectively come up with solutions to help solve customer issues. Also, to come up with new procedures to better complete all tasks.
Pros
Experience you can gain
Cons
Compensation
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
Very busy, learned to work with others. Management is supportive. Coworkers are helpful. The hardest part is responsibility of more than party in current position. Most enjoyable is working with diversity.
Pros
Free coffee, occasional meals, mainly holidays
Cons
Healthcare for family
Productive and held to accountability
Community Supervision Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXApril 11, 2015
Opportunity to help others see the benefits of being an overcomer of their current legal situation. Excellent retirement plan. Approachable supervisors who had an open door policy.
Pros
Success stories; Retirement plan
Cons
Little advancement for promotion
Good contract firm to work for, always fair with me. Good rates always tried to keep me working.
Avionics Electrical System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gulfstream Aerospace Savannah, GaDecember 23, 2015
I have worked for several contract firms and I keep coming back to Johnson Service Group. They have always treated me fairly and with respect. They have always been fair with their rates and keeping me employed. They try to find jobs in the locations where I want to work. They do not try to push a job location just to fill a slot for themselves.
Pros
good rates
Cons
bad healthcare because of affordable healthcare
Nice place to work, but no where to grow.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TN 37862March 2, 2016
Personable, professional and competency is what my current job is all about. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Staff is treated like a family.
Cons
No where to go and grow with this company.

4.3