Johnsonville Sausage Employee Reviews in United States

A Very organized Place
Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 6, 2016
We start are day with pre-shift meeting this allows us to go over and review are previous work to insure we have not made any errors in are work. This also is a time for us to open up and discuss any issue , problem or work complication we can work on as a team. I love this time of the day because it help the team identify any issue and work on the together I also fell it helps stop any future errors.
Pros
the 3rd shift work schedule was good for me
Cons
commuting from Milwaukee to sheboygan
not a good department to work in.
maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 13, 2016
the maintenance department is not an easy place to work for the company believes in promote from within but the department does not. the coworkers will watch you struggle on things your learning knowing you need help and they will just watch you fail time and time again. there are some good coworkers that will teach you but most think if you work the position you should know all there is to know about it. not a good learning environment to try and advance in a new carer.
Pros
good company benefits and pay
Cons
bad leadership in this department.
Great place to work with fun environment
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 6, 2016
Great place to work with great people. Growing company with room for advancement and a great corporate culture. Good pay and benefits.
Fast paced environment
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIFebruary 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to change positions on the line every 30 minutes to keep ourselves busy.
Good place to work at
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIDecember 30, 2015
Johnsonville is a great place to work for but I am looking at getting back into the automotive field.
I have nothing more to say
Excellent benefits, Excellent pay, Poor employee relations
Line Operator, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIJuly 2, 2015
The people were very friendly but the team building was poorly managed. The pay and benefits are top of the industry, but not worth the time you invest into the job. They advertise line operator positions as maintenance positions.
Benefits
Cons
Use a temp agency they own to deny benefits to entry level positions
Very nice company to work for.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIOctober 4, 2015
Johnsonville is a quality place to work for. They are always looking on improvement's, if its the workers or if it is the equipment.
Benefits
Cons
cold and damp
Short on promises
Yard support (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMay 13, 2013
I enjoyed my job in yard support although it was nearly impossible to get everything done due to under staffing. The under staffing also caused everyone to work too many hours and not much home time. I was supposed to have a wage review and they kept saying they couldn't take me off the job to do it, too busy! When I left the review was 5 months overdue. I never received my raise or any of the other promises they made to me. I was glad to move on.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
poor management
Sausage Corp.
Universal (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 26, 2012
Depending on the department a typical work day is cold. Most departments except for maybe a few , you are in a freezer/cooler. Management depending on shift can be helpful and curtious, and in other departments and shifts, management can be stressful and not helpful at all. Co-workers 9 times out of ten you get a awesome group. Very nice and diverse group of people. Hardest part about johnsonville is getting use to the cold conditions.
Former employee
Grinder, Second-Dedicated Stuffer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIMarch 15, 2015
Great benefits and culture. The only thing is, you mess up they are done with you. A honest mistake will not be tolerated and you will be let go.
Solid
Assembly Line Worker, Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 21, 2012
I liked when I worked at Johnsonville it was down the street from the college I attended it was a real flexible schedule that worked around my school schedule. I liked the fact that I could make me a little money while going to school at the same time.
support the lines to keep them up and running
maintenance tech (Current Employee) –  sheboygan fallsSeptember 10, 2012
Troubles shoot down machines during production
Preventive maintenance on machines
Implemented solutions for machines to improve efficient.
Designing and Fabrication solutions for machines.
very favorable
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIMay 1, 2012
start up production for the day in making sausage , cutail the production schedule to makemost effective use of time and resources, I learned presentation skills in front of groups, very positive and supportive management
Great Benefits
Back-up Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIApril 22, 2014
Great Benefits and compensation. Most leaders/coaches wonderful to work for. However, bad work/life quality. Can put in 60-70 hours a week.