Johnston-Willis Hospital Employee Reviews

Great workplace
General/Vascular Coordinator in OR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 29, 2017
I loved working at Johnston-Willis hospital. I loved my job in the OR and the people i worked with as well as the fast paced environment of my job. Everyday was different and i was continuously learning something new!
for a temp job it was okay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2017
clean up hospital interact with patient. taking care of the day-to-day work in area around the area. and getting the room read for the new patient.
Pros
meeting good people
Cons
when the contract has ended.
Micromanaging is HORRIBLE!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2016
I wish I would've stayed at my former hospital because this place makes me not want to practice nursing any longer! The unit I am on is like a nursing home on steroids with unsafe patient to nurse ratios. I will be glad when I find another job!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else!!
Fast paced work environment
Nurse Tech - PRN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 15, 2016
I work as a nurse tech assisting patients and nurses with taking vitals, linen changes, baths and mobility. You will rarely sit down! I float to different floors and you will quickly learn that even though you are in the same hospital - each floor does things quite differently. You need to be adaptable and patient for sure!
Pros
You are always moving
Cons
You are always moving
Nothing new to add.
Staff RN/Preceptor - Women's Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2016
Great place to begin nursing career and learn from experienced professionals who nurtured and cared about my learning experience. Recommend to qualified applicants.
All nursing skills applied here!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2016
The unit I worked on was fast paced and challenging. I enjoyed working on the unit because the nurses were wonderful and helpful, but most of the time we were short staffed. Thats where good teamwork came in! We all helped each other. I enjoyed my job there becuase we had the patients longer and I was able to get to know them better, and watch them make progress, That was very rewarding. We had weekly conferences with the MDs, therapists, nursing and social workers and I found the meeting frustrating becuase of the needs of the patients and the insurances were a tough match. Sometimes patients were unable to get what they really needed upon discharge.
Pros
Teamwork!
Cons
short staffed and poor insurance
Great Job if you love following orders
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee) –  Surgical ServicesSeptember 18, 2014
PACU nurses are very rude. You are constantly being micro managed by higher ups. You are only there to transport patients 95% of the day. This position is really a physically demanding position. Nurses are older and culturely inept. You get treated like a lowly servant. Good luck taking breaks they make you earn cent of that measely paycheck. Management is not flexible and will throw you under the bus first chance they get.
Cons
Micromanagers, Rude nurses and Anesthesia doctors are cocky and rude
Keep enviornment clean and presentable as well as safe and healthy.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 30, 2014
Followed specific procedure to perform cleaning of student’s dorms common areas and prepared rooms for new students.
Used industrial cleaning agents and equipment following appropriate safety procedures.
Operated mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
Moved furniture and other objects as needed in order to ensure adequate cleaning.
Pros
patients and nurses were nice
Cons
when sensors were down. got sent home early
ok place to work
RESEARCH NURSE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 4, 2014
uptight work atmosphere, does not pay well. people at this facility are really nice but management sucks.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
manangement
It was a volunteer job at a hospital that I enjoyed doing.
Candy Stripper' Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 8, 2013
I would do a numerous amount of things because I was a 'volunteer', so this was not a job that was payed for. I did all of the work that I did there at that hospital because of my kind spirit. I would take magazines to patients, along with flowers, work in the emergency room admitting patients, filing paperwork, helped with transport of wheel chaired patients, and etc. I learned that you don't really know how lucky you are until you are in some of the people's positions that I saw while I volunteered there. I learned that I want to help people because it makes me happy to make someone else happy at the end of the day.
Pros
Feeling good about helping others out.
Cons
Nothing really that I could remember

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnston-Willis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8