Johnston Health Employee Reviews

Great Plance to Work
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work, excellent benefits and pay. This company provide tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, competitive pay and benefits package. Great work environment!
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 27, 2017
The coworker's are overall amazing. The management, or lack thereof; is pathetic and HR does not mind stealing money from your paychecks for no reason then refusing to fix it. I would really recommend working ANYWHERE but here. They do not care about their employees and overwork every one of them.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, poor HR department
good place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 18, 2017
good place to work and good benefits. People are friendly and management is fair. I would stay employed here for the foreseeable future. Thank you!!!!!
typical day at work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJanuary 24, 2017
I worked night shift. I was a CNA and a secretary. When I first got to the floor I had to get everyone's vitals and write them down. I would do vitals every 4 hours. I would change patients and get them anything they needed. As a secretary I had to answer phones, put in orders from the doctors, make a chart for new patients and put there information in the computer. The hardest part about the job was getting use to being up at night and sleeping during the day.
Community feel for a growing hospital system
RN (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCDecember 15, 2016
The best part of this place is the people that you work with . Almost all are very friendly and helpful. They always put the patient first. Mangers let you self-schedule for the most part (gotta be flexible somewhat). The hardest part of the job is the 12 hour shifts, but that's pretty standard in nursing. Besides the satisfaction with caring for patient's, the best part of the day is the relationships I have with coworkers...they are great. The pay is pretty good...maybe not the best but I started out making more than what I was offered at a much larger hospital in the area.
Pros
You have lots of opportunities to try different areas of patient care..ICU, Pacu, Cardiac, Ed.
Cons
Lots of changes...mostly good though... with the UNC affiliation.
Case Management of 7-10 Surgical/Ortho patients
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 4, 2016
Overall good place to work but new nurses need more training on day shift to understand documentation and floor layout. Need more training on protocols.
Medical enviroment with small town feel
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 23, 2016
Coworkers were very supportive and respectful of one another. Fast paced medical environment with team members who attempted to provided excellent patient care.
Great place to work, great team work!!!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  ClaytonMarch 10, 2016
This is a great place to work, great staff, very team oriented. Most of all great Turkey burgers!!
We have seen a major increase in patients so be prepared to work.
Pros
Staff works as a team
Cons
Wish we had a secretary
Fair place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 26, 2015
Great nurses..Ok management.. Fun atmosphere. Cafeteria provides nutritious meals. Hardest part of job is not having adequate tools to work with
Efficient place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCOctober 23, 2015
Johnston Health Clayton emergency department is like most ER's in the nation, it can vary from day to day. Some days are steady and you can work in a calm and timely manner. However there are days that can be overwhelming due to the amount of patients, EMS, and patient admissions that can occur all at once. As a patient access representative, you are responsible for making sure the patients information is up to date. You are also responsible for making sure insurance is verified and any information concerning financial assistance or payment options are given to the patient prior to their discharge. The staff at Johnston Health are helpful and informative. They will help you when and if you ask.
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Med-Surg/Peds) 36hr/week (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 27, 2015
I love the people I work with. The nursing staff and manager are amazing and great to work with. The acuity of the patients need to be taken into consideration when making the shift assignments.
Great
Junior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJuly 11, 2015
Help where need help the most.
About how to communicate.
The co-workers are very nice and sweet.
i enjoy everything about volunteering there.
armark
food servicw (Current Employee) –  NCNovember 25, 2014
I feel like this department is all about favortism , the managers are so unfair they want to keep everyone part time, hard work no raise no respect , this place is very racism . Never in my life have i ever work in such an eviroment like this job
Pros
can take off when needed
Cons
no team work, favortism
the Aramark workplace would be more productive and less streesful with more trained employees to do assigned job duties.
Cook (Current Employee) –  smithfield ncOctober 16, 2014
Aramark environment involves a very stressful prep time with sometimes no one to help set up the line.
Pros
getting off early in the afternoon
Cons
no teamwork
johnston health was a great place to work until the hours got cut in every department which hurt everyone. regardless i loved the people
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 16, 2014
i would clock in 15 mins early so i could get my basket fully stocked with thesupplies i would need for my shift or at least half of my shift. i would then take any stock out of the supply closet which we would possibly be running low on and stock our shelves in case of any emergencies, we wouldnt have time to look here nor there for supplies because they were in eyesight. i would then get the requisitions that were ready to be collected at that time or within 30 mins and start my rounds. i always kept myself busy, if the floors werent busy i would always go and help in the ER
Pros
i would bring my lunch and go to the breakroom or go to the snack shop
Cons
our breaks were 30 and 15 min breaks every couple of hours as compatible with patients
productive
CNA/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 28, 2014
Working for Johnston health gave me the opportunity to work as a patient care assistant. I was able to gain knowledge in medical terminology.
i really enjoyed volunteering
JR Volunteer/ Pathology (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCAugust 6, 2014
people I worked with respected me as a person and allowed me to ask questions and a very good learning experince
Great learning experience
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithfield NCFebruary 20, 2014
I was a Student Volunteer. I worked in the Pathology dept. Learned a lot about surgeries and the disposal of different things. Learned how things operate in the Morgue.
great people/awful management
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  ClaytonMarch 21, 2013
Great community atmosphere, good pay/benefits. Management doesn't care about staff: staff overworked, doesn't have the right equipment of supplies to do appropriate job. Most MD's support staff.
Pros
great people!!
Cons
sucky administration
fun and productive
Floor Technician/housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCOctober 11, 2012
enjoyed my time here. just didn't like the nightshift anymore
Pros
people
Cons
nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnston Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Johnston Health Reviews by Location