JOHNSTONE SUPPLY

JOHNSTONE SUPPLY Employer Reviews

Wonderful work experience
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: loved working and learning from the woodward family
Cons: reached pay ceiling
I prepared financial statements, bank reconciliations and various tax reports for the state of New York, Vermont and Massachusetts. I provided customer service, processed collections, and accounts payable, inventory valuation responsibilities. Revised and improved cashbook system, helped redesign Massachusetts, Vermont and NYS tax reporting system.
Lots of work to do kept me busy.
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 28, 2014
Lots to learn at this place and no matter how much time spent working there are still many things to learn.
Organized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasantville, NJJune 30, 2014
Owners are great, very well organized. I learned a lot in the office such as managing accounts, the cash drawer, and different tricks in the office every single day. Very enjoyable working environment.
Good Work Environment
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 19, 2014
Good Company to work for if you want to get a position and keep it.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), lancasterMay 18, 2014
bad management they have no respect for their workers. good coworkers but no team effort in helping each department helping each other
Good Company
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 12, 2014
Good hours, good management, they take you to sporting events and build good friendships.
Everyone was always very helpful.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: was always supplying traning
Cons: out of state travel.
Calling on new and existing customers , and updating them on new products. Taking orders, and providing quotes.

Learned how to cross parts , in order to get he parts in a timely manner. Management would always lend support .

Experienced co-workers would answer any questions, or give suggestions .

The hardest part of the job, was out of state travel. – more... And one of the most enjoyable parts was getting together for functions. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: lunch hours, meetings and company sponsored events
As a deliver driver/warehouse associate @ Johnstone Supply, I looked forward to work everyday, because of the culture that it provided. To be able to interact with customer on a daily basis, learning of the Heating and Air conditioning fields, parts, accessories. Management style was professional, yet somewhat relaxed, which empowered employees to interact – more... with each other and yet have a pleasant working atmosphere. Really enjoyed the daily challenges of the position, and especially the delivery of units, and parts to customers. – less
Micro Management; Poor work environment
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: my customers
Cons: poor benefits including health care and time off
I really enjoyed my responsibilities at Johnstone Supply! I enjoyed my co-workers, who were always very helpful...but management was very hard to deal with. My direct supervisor preferred to micro manage instead of train or lead. He was very good at telling me what I was doing wrong but never educated me on how to fix it for next time. The benefits – more... were very poor and no vacations were allowed. I really enjoyed working with the public. The most enjoyable part of my job, and what I miss most, are the relationships I had with my customers. After 15 years as a heating and cooling technician, I learned the sales side of the business, which I found very interesting and enjoyable. – less
great pay but treated like dirt
Assist in counter (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Owner is a wealthy arrogant elitist. Did not care about your future as long as you worked for him/her. No opportunity for advancement unless you brown-nosed and coddled up to management.
I've worked a lot harder for a lot less.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours, vacation
Cons: monotonous.
Good hours. Good benefits. Good people to work with. Locations are basically franchises, so your experience may differ.
managenent sucks
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 18, 2014
Manager sucks and the warehouse lead is not a personable guy.
Fast paced, great management, enjoyed job
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, free lunches for hoildays with gifts
Cons: healthcare went down hill, but so everyones did
I love a fast pace work enviorment, I don't mind hard work as long as it's done the right way the first time, when you have to repeat yourself, it makes for along day, The management were always there with a helping hand if needed, they always wanted you to learn all departments, my co-workers were also great, 99.9% of the time, it was a job I couldn't – more... wait to get to everyday, I just hope I will be able to find another job, where I feel the same. – less
Good Company,
Administrative Assistant/Human Resource (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2013
Pros: wonderful benifits
Cons: rather not go into this
As with all companies there is bad with the good. I will not go into further detail at this time. Suffice it to say I have been with this company for over five years, so they have done a lot of things right.
Driver- easy job, helpful staff low pay
Driver (Current Employee), Joliet ILNovember 6, 2013
Pros: easy job (high schooler could do it)
Cons: low pay, no benefits, part-time
A typical day is running between the stores delivering HVAC parts. Most days you have to deliver these parts to customers. Most of the time you have help when you get to the customer but sometimes you are on your lonesome and its no fun when you have a 400 pound boiler to get off the truck. The job overall is simple and 85 percent of your day your on – more... the road. The staff is fun and I like working here, but pay is low (at this time $9/hr) may have changed, and its a JOB! You can advance to retail but no advancement as a driver. Just a job to get from point A to B as in another job with benefits and higher pay comes along, go for it!! – less
This was a seasonal position
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ocala, FLOctober 31, 2013
This company was enjoyable to work for, for a short time. I would work for them again.
Small Company - Privately owned
Warranty Manager/Inside Sales (Former Employee), SCOctober 3, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: small privately owned company
Small company with few emplpoyees
Many hours standing on your feet
Customers have their own lingo regarding the same products that can be difficult to decypher
Normal work hours and Saturdays during Summer season
Long hours with cro magnons that objectify women
Courier (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: racist, sexist and vulgar
Cons: driving deliveries
Got a lot of hazing working here. The boss was terrible and was passive aggressive. He and his associates were lewd, loud, crass and loved saying horrible racial, bigoted and sexists things all day long.
A very reputable company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2013
Pros: freedom
Cons: owner sold the business
Hired as an outside sales rep. Made sales calls to HVAC contractors and tried to generate more business. Also was responsible for new accounts. Worked as inside counter sales rep as required.
Great company
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), atlantaAugust 16, 2013
Pros: small company great teamwork
Making sure warehouse is clean. Pull orders, process orders. Due inventory. Use forklift to put orders away. Load and unload trucks.

1 2 3