JOHNSTONE SUPPLY

JOHNSTONE SUPPLY Employer Reviews

Very Professional and personal
Counter Sales/Outside Sales (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: loved the job, so everything
Cons: not enough hours in the day, our franchise was purchased by a different company
I enjoyed working at Johnstone Supply of Terre Haute. The staff was very professional and fun. They put me through all types of training courses related to the HVAC/r business and outside sales. Most days were very busy and I had to be self motivated and my co-workers were always helpful. The hardest part of my job was sometimes not being able to complete all the days tasks knowing that the customers were relying on me so staying over to make sure they were completed happened sometimes. I would say the most enjoyable part of my job was the job its self, loved working with the customers and the challenges they brought to me on a daily basis. I also enjoyed being able to work and assist with the networking/computer dept. with issues or rebuilding computer. They found out early on that when it comes to computer I was the go to guy.
Challenging job while working with top quality management.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 21, 2015
My typical day at work would consist of some cold calling in order to set up appointments with potential clients. On days I had appointments I would spend all day on the road visiting customers. The most difficult part about my job is finding new clients. The most rewarding part about my job is landing a client who has alluded me for months or years.
Good company over all
Inside Counter Sales (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: people i worked and customers
Cons: poor training, being on call and manditory ot
A typical day was very fast pace
Training was poor I was very frustrated by the end of the day
Co-workers were nice but to busy to train one on one
Management was friendly
Enjoyable part was serving the customers
Overall Good Company
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 21, 2014
Pros: team effort workplace, and dependability
Cons: lack of financial growth
Johnstone Supply was a great company to be a member of. Most days at work were the same, very productive, just a good work environment. I had a great group of co-workers, we definitely worked as a team. There wasn't a hard part of my job in my opinion. I truly think the best part of my day would have to be in the mornings. That is when we would hold a 10-15 minute meeting and discuss different things. From upcoming events, to sales, and just Thank You's for the hard work that we had done.
Typical warehouse work environment with some benefit.
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay was fair
Cons: verbal abuse by head manager
I did learn to operate forklift and utilized Javan data entry software but training was inconsistent and I didn't appreciate the verbal abuse by head store manager.
Great team and Good Company
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee), Tigard, ORNovember 4, 2014
Pros: able to quickly respond to customer's needs
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed learning a lot about the HVAC/R industry and the associated products. I also learned about, tested and implemented their Advanced Inventory Management software program. Great co-workers/team. The Director of Inventory was great to work for.

The hardest part of the job was working with upper management, with three people competing for the top positions in the company. It was often difficult to determine whose priorities should come first and which target to shoot for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was by far the people on the team I had the pleasure to work with and the people in the Branches that we interacted with.
Niche profession
WARESHOUSE MANAGER / DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: no hope of advancement
Don't get involved if you don't have a history working with heating and air
productive and fast paced
Sales (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great customers
johnstone supply is a great place to work, the environment is promotion and team positive. you will learn and develop a lot of skills within yourself and with your team.
Wonderful work experience
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: loved working and learning from the woodward family
Cons: reached pay ceiling
I prepared financial statements, bank reconciliations and various tax reports for the state of New York, Vermont and Massachusetts. I provided customer service, processed collections, and accounts payable, inventory valuation responsibilities. Revised and improved cashbook system, helped redesign Massachusetts, Vermont and NYS tax reporting system.
Lots of work to do kept me busy.
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 28, 2014
Lots to learn at this place and no matter how much time spent working there are still many things to learn.
Organized
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasantville, NJJune 30, 2014
Owners are great, very well organized. I learned a lot in the office such as managing accounts, the cash drawer, and different tricks in the office every single day. Very enjoyable working environment.
Good Work Environment
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 19, 2014
Good Company to work for if you want to get a position and keep it.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), lancasterMay 18, 2014
bad management they have no respect for their workers. good coworkers but no team effort in helping each department helping each other
Good Company
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 12, 2014
Good hours, good management, they take you to sporting events and build good friendships.
Everyone was always very helpful.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: was always supplying traning
Cons: out of state travel.
Calling on new and existing customers , and updating them on new products. Taking orders, and providing quotes.

Learned how to cross parts , in order to get he parts in a timely manner. Management would always lend support .

Experienced co-workers would answer any questions, or give suggestions .

The hardest part of the job, was out of state travel. And one of the most enjoyable parts was getting together for functions.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 15, 2014
Pros: lunch hours, meetings and company sponsored events
As a deliver driver/warehouse associate @ Johnstone Supply, I looked forward to work everyday, because of the culture that it provided. To be able to interact with customer on a daily basis, learning of the Heating and Air conditioning fields, parts, accessories. Management style was professional, yet somewhat relaxed, which empowered employees to interact with each other and yet have a pleasant working atmosphere. Really enjoyed the daily challenges of the position, and especially the delivery of units, and parts to customers.
Micro Management; Poor work environment
Counter Sales (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: my customers
Cons: poor benefits including health care and time off
I really enjoyed my responsibilities at Johnstone Supply! I enjoyed my co-workers, who were always very helpful...but management was very hard to deal with. My direct supervisor preferred to micro manage instead of train or lead. He was very good at telling me what I was doing wrong but never educated me on how to fix it for next time. The benefits were very poor and no vacations were allowed. I really enjoyed working with the public. The most enjoyable part of my job, and what I miss most, are the relationships I had with my customers. After 15 years as a heating and cooling technician, I learned the sales side of the business, which I found very interesting and enjoyable.
great pay but treated like dirt
Assist in counter (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
Owner is a wealthy arrogant elitist. Did not care about your future as long as you worked for him/her. No opportunity for advancement unless you brown-nosed and coddled up to management.
I've worked a lot harder for a lot less.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, hours, vacation
Cons: monotonous.
Good hours. Good benefits. Good people to work with. Locations are basically franchises, so your experience may differ.
managenent sucks
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 18, 2014
Manager sucks and the warehouse lead is not a personable guy.

1 2 3