JOLIET PARK DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Great place
Gymnastics, front desk, swim instructor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 8, 2016
there is room to move in this business. I started in the pool and moved to gymnastics and dance. Its a wonderful place for families! I would suggest send your kids here and get the best out of your experience at the park district
First Job
Soccer Referee (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 28, 2016
This place was a perfect place to get my first job. I did not have to work during the week, it was only weekends and when I was available to work which is perfect for high school students.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Weather Conditions
Fast Pace and fun work environment
Gymnastics and Head Tumbling Coach (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 25, 2016
Working at the park district is a very fun and hands on job. I learned how to deal with children hands on and also how to accommodate the parents requests as well.
Fun and great learning experience
Night/Weekend Reception Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 25, 2016
Splash Station was my first job. I learned how to make professional phone calls, talk to customers and use computers in a business way. It was a perfect place for me to start out.
Fun Place
chief executive officer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 27, 2015
Great People, Great Facilities, Great Culture, Highly Recommended Allows for growth and not micromanaged. Would recommend it
productive and rewarding
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 19, 2015
The co workers are great and hard working.
Management is organized and prepared.
The hardest part of the job is continuously coming up with ideas that keep the kids interested.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I have an impact the kid's lives.
A typical day involves aiding kids with homework needs and then supervising them during physical activities. I also take payments for any rentals and perform maintenance duties.
I have learned how to organize activities, manage a group of people, and efficiency.
Interact with the community.
Referee/Coach (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 12, 2014
It is satisfying knowing that I help young athletes enjoy the game and sports that they are involved in. I help these kids get the most out of the sports that are available.
Fun and exciting position as I get to work with children while teaching sports that I enjoy.
Coach/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with young children. I have the pleasure of teaching them how to play sports that I still play to this day. Over the past several months I have met many children and parents as well from the community. Everyone has been extremely helpful and a joy to work with. The hardest part of my job is narrowing down which activities I want to do for each class.
Excellent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 10, 2012
A great place to work and grow as an individual and it gave plenty of opportunities for advancement. A typical work day as a supervisor would be preparing the staff for the day such as reviewing park policies and CPR. I managed a staff of approximately 28 people and had great communication with all of my staff. Communicating effectively is the most important thing when supervising a staff.
Great job
Athletic Coordinator/Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 5, 2012
Learned how to successfully run youth sports leagues and classes and adult leagues.
Pros
sports
Nice place
Nursery Staff (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 23, 2012
The actual park district is a nice place, but they ONLY hire part-time except for a VERY few manager positions. Typical day at work in the nursery was pretty nice as long as you work nights. The boss is not meant to work with children at all. I would NEVER leave my children with her, she has NO patience for children and EXTREMELY plays favorites which isn't right. If children hit ceilings tiles of if any DONATED toys get broken, its all your fault so be ready for it...
Fun place to work, lots of exciting people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 25, 2012
The Joliet Park District is a large organization and has plenty of different departments that offer a wide variety of programs and was full of good hardworking employees.
Pros
learning experience, knowledgeable employees
Cons
work hours