JONES INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

School
Admissions Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 13, 2017
This job was fine it was hard to get people to go to school when they were looking for a job, you do not want to listen to a person tell you about how you need school to get a job when you have no clue what happened to them.
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 26, 2017
Get place with helpful and knowledgable leadership and staff, they are willing to help the staff acheive their individual goals.I would recommend them highly
University is now closed
Senior Admissions Counselor / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2017
no longer open for business.

typical work day ok.

Management great.

Training department great.

done.

great co-workers and atmosphere.

great management.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
An innovative university with poor management
Professor (Former Employee) –  online. Headquarters in ColoradoAugust 21, 2016
Jones International University began with a disrupted vision of online education characterized by including dissertation as part of the curriculum from the first term. It worked very well until 2013 when the economic crisis and the management's decisions hindered the university's quality and impact on the education field. As a consequence, faculty members decided to leave and the university closed.
Pros
Initial innovative vision of curriculum
Cons
Management with an excessive monetary vision of education
High Paced, Culturally Diverse
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 11, 2016
Jones was a very high paced job that required a lot of work. I would still be there today if the school itself did not close doors. I assisted students in signing up for bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees. I walked students, on the phone, and from around the world through choosing a degree, filling out required paperwork, filling out FAFSA for government aid, and walking them through orientation. I then got them in contact with a Student Support Counselor to help them with the next step as a student.
This position was online based and required skills in Salesforce, Leads 360, Noble, Microsoft Word/ Excel/ Office. It required a lot of patience and the ability to help a mass amount of very different cultures, backgrounds, and needs.
Pros
Talked with many people from many backgrounds
Cons
metrics where difficult to meet/ a lot of pressure due to lack of money in the company
Difficult job but worthy mission
Transcript Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 3, 2016
A typical day at work was anything but. We fought an uphill battle the whole time I worked there. This is in no way a negative statement. It was an honor to work with such dedicated professionals who were unwilling to give up despite insurmountable odds.

When I was first hired, the management was lacking. Toward the end of my employment however, we had become a well-oiled machine and it was sad to see the University shut down.

The most difficult part of the job was the constant change. Although change is good, there was a lot of it seems that our direction was lost to plans being given time to work.

The best part of this job was working with a group of people so dedicated to their work that although we knew of the impending closure, our office did not slow down. If anything, efforts ramped up and I have never been more impressed with my ability to handle such a difficult situation.
Pros
Free bagels on Friday, Free covered parking, Good healthcare
Cons
No yearly evaluations for raises, Little room to grow
Sales Driven
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 17, 2015
Great place to nurture your confidence. Appreciated everything that I learned. I am able to take the things that I've learned with me into future sales and customer service jobs.
Wonderful company to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial ColoradoOctober 4, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work. The staff and management made it great. We all enjoyed our jobs. Even on a bad day we were able to help each other stay positive. I loved working with the students. The university is closing at the end of the year. Had the university not closed I would have stayed there until retirement.
Pros
The people
Cons
The university is closing
Always Changing
Director, Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 17, 2015
Working at JIU was always challenging for me career wise. We were always changing and progressing with our ideas which allowed me to work with other management on process improvements.

My experience at JIU might be diffrent then others. I was given opportunities for advancement the 9 years I was employeed for them. I was allowed to innovate process improvements, decipher federal regulations and implement department duties to ensure compliance was being met.

Overall I thought Management was supportive although sometimes there were Executive level management who should not have held their positions for as long as they did. Too many secrets, not enough trust with management level employees.
Great company
Director of Learning Resources (Former Employee) –  coloradoJuly 28, 2015
Jones International University was one of the first online universities. The University is no longer around as of 2015. It was great place to work. Great benefits. Co-workers fun to work with.
Nice place to work
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  DenverJuly 6, 2015
I learned a lot about the health care industry and about patient care. This is a good place to work with caring doctors and nurses.
i loved working in the fast pace Casino atmosphere
Sr. Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  las vegasMarch 10, 2015
Wyndham is one of the most respected companies in the world. I was the first greeter to also be a closure in company history. I had a booth and I would meet people as they walked through the casino. I would get there attention and then bring them to the booth, (normally a closure would take them from there but at Bills casino I did both). I worked at Caesars Palace, Harrah's, The RIO to name a few and it was really exciting, I worked there when Las Vegas was going thru a really hard economy so the compensation was salary plus commission and the commissions were down at the time. I honed my face to face skills there.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low economy
Intense environment, employee lounge is nice
Sr Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2015
Need to hire management from outside of company, too many personal relationships. Need to have directors that have years of experience and a more diverse directors, administration. There are no minorities in those positions.
Pros
Round table for employees with faculty
Cons
Target on your back if you have a disagreement
The Gold Standard
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 29, 2015
Every day I checked students accounts to make sure that they were being charged correctly for the courses that they were in and that they were being refunded if they dropped courses. I assisted customers over the phone as well as by email. The management in the accounting department did their best to keep their employees happy. We had different contests, picknics and events to help break up the monotony of the days and to help build employee relations. I learned a lot about how to work with a variety of people. The hardest part of this job was that I had to drive so far and was unable to adjust my schedule to work better with traffic.
Pros
Upward movement.
Cons
The drive and hours.
Good place to develop a career in Sales and Marketing
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
I had great fun working at Jones International University. It exercised a great and open work culture to build relationships among departments and beyond. The majority of the leadership and employees have a common passion in the values and vision of the university despite its "For-Profit" stigma in higher education and operations it has to run its business on. Unfortunately, this is a reality of the industry and due to the consistent financial adversities it had endured I and over 80% of the admissions staff had to pay the price.
Poor student quality; profit driven
Professor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 4, 2015
Very poor faculty environment with poor communication; pay is low with increases in past 5 yrs. Poor students are passed to keep retention and cash flowing. Pay is per student and many courses are small. Hard to make any money for time invested.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low course loads; poor student quality
no room for advancement poor management no sense of job security at all
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  centennialOctober 26, 2014
no room for advancement poor management no sense of job security at all
Great People
University Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 17, 2014
It has been great working with some excellent folk. Enhanced my experience in managing Help Desk.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
recent RIF
great managers and fast paced
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2014
I had great managers who worked with me on a daily basis and the work environment was fun and exciting.
Pros
fun and a lot of feedback from management
Cons
Their system with paid time off and sick time were not reasonable.
Revolving door, no interest in ethics
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 24, 2014
A horrible place to work. Easy to get fired even after a long tenured career there.
Pros
9 hour days
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JONES INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

JONES INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY Reviews by Location