JONES INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Lab Tech (Former Employee), DenverJuly 6, 2015
I learned a lot about the health care industry and about patient care. This is a good place to work with caring doctors and nurses.
i loved working in the fast pace Casino atmosphere
Sr. Admission Counselor (Former Employee), las vegasMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: low economy
Wyndham is one of the most respected companies in the world. I was the first greeter to also be a closure in company history. I had a booth and I would meet people as they walked through the casino. I would get there attention and then bring them to the booth, (normally a closure would take them from there but at Bills casino I did both). I worked at Caesars Palace, Harrah's, The RIO to name a few and it was really exciting, I worked there when Las Vegas was going thru a really hard economy so the compensation was salary plus commission and the commissions were down at the time. I honed my face to face skills there.
Intense environment, employee lounge is nice
Sr Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: round table for employees with faculty
Cons: target on your back if you have a disagreement
Need to hire management from outside of company, too many personal relationships. Need to have directors that have years of experience and a more diverse directors, administration. There are no minorities in those positions.
The Gold Standard
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: upward movement.
Cons: the drive and hours.
Every day I checked students accounts to make sure that they were being charged correctly for the courses that they were in and that they were being refunded if they dropped courses. I assisted customers over the phone as well as by email. The management in the accounting department did their best to keep their employees happy. We had different contests, picknics and events to help break up the monotony of the days and to help build employee relations. I learned a lot about how to work with a variety of people. The hardest part of this job was that I had to drive so far and was unable to adjust my schedule to work better with traffic.
Good place to develop a career in Sales and Marketing
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 12, 2015
I had great fun working at Jones International University. It exercised a great and open work culture to build relationships among departments and beyond. The majority of the leadership and employees have a common passion in the values and vision of the university despite its "For-Profit" stigma in higher education and operations it has to run its business on. Unfortunately, this is a reality of the industry and due to the consistent financial adversities it had endured I and over 80% of the admissions staff had to pay the price.
Poor student quality; profit driven
Professor (Former Employee), Centennial, COJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: low course loads; poor student quality
Very poor faculty environment with poor communication; pay is low with increases in past 5 yrs. Poor students are passed to keep retention and cash flowing. Pay is per student and many courses are small. Hard to make any money for time invested.
no room for advancement poor management no sense of job security at all
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), centennialOctober 26, 2014
no room for advancement poor management no sense of job security at all
Great People
University Support Manager (Former Employee), Centennial, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: recent rif
It has been great working with some excellent folk. Enhanced my experience in managing Help Desk.
great managers and fast paced
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 3, 2014
Pros: fun and a lot of feedback from management
Cons: their system with paid time off and sick time were not reasonable.
I had great managers who worked with me on a daily basis and the work environment was fun and exciting.
Revolving door, no interest in ethics
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Centennial, COJune 24, 2014
Pros: 9 hour days
Cons: everything
A horrible place to work. Easy to get fired even after a long tenured career there.
Management makes decisions based on fear instead of forsight
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: good company benefits
Cons: you'll get questioned about every thing you do, and criticized for taking too many bathroom breaks
The management is simply ridiculous. When the telemarketing laws made it a requirement to get permission to call prospective students on their cell phones the management sat on this information for 3 months hoping it would go away. The day before this law was to take effect they had us try to contact all 700 of our leads to get permission. The next day the leads we were not able to contact disappeared, reducing our lead bases from 700 to 50. A month later management paid a third party to contact the dumped leads and sell them back to us!
N/A
Records Coodinator (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 20, 2014
-Customer service- Constant exposure to a variety of customer service issues as well as catering to needs of potential students

-Compile data into spreadsheets for reports

-Researched and reviewed records for students vital to admissions and verified existing data within our compliance

-Educated customers on the process and their options, and responded to customer inquiries
Chained to your desk
Student Support Counselor (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 11, 2014
Pros: paychecks were always on time
Cons: short breaks, stressful environment, very constrictive job, monotonous work
The people were awesome but the hours were long and I almost went crazy because you are chained to your phone and desk all day long. This job was like working in a call center. Ethical concerns are they enroll students who are on a middle school level saying (We give everyone a chance).....not true it's all about money and they let people enroll who don't have the basic skills/knowledge to make it all the way through their programs. They also fired a guy (making up a flimsy reason everyone could see through) who was an amazing counselor after 14 years because he was making more money than the managers were. VERY AWFUL place to work UNLESS you work in the library!!!!!
Higher Education
Admissions Counselor (Team Lead) (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 11, 2014
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: if you didn't make yoru quota you were let go
This was a good university to work for at one point in time..but with for profit schools taking a big hit in the last couple of years things have changed there
The pits.
Inside Sales Rep- College Recruitment (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 10, 2014
Hated this job.

Poor management.

Not much support.

I enjoyed my co-workers.
Very fun but lacking energy
Admissions Counselor (Team Lead) (Former Employee), coloradoJanuary 3, 2014
I was top producer here for a year straight and they kept changing things. no consist but the management ADOA and DOA are great
Creative humble learning enviroment
Student (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2013
Pros: helpful professors and counselors.
Cons: can not find any cons. it has all been benefical
I am taking Business Administration and Critical thinking and problem solving. I am learning a lot about time management, how to be productive and practice healthy profitable problem solving techniques.
For Profit University
Student Solution Advisor (Current Employee), Centennial, CODecember 1, 2013
As a Student Solution Advisor I have the amazing opportunity to work with multifaceted student populations, from at-risk, to non-trad, to ESL, and Military. Working with them to enter into the university and progress through their degree program is something I enjoy doing very, very much, however, due to the poor management and oppressive work atmosphere, the culture of the university is of resentment and high stress.

It's a for-profit university, so the bottom line is for-profit. Unfortunately, the company is so focused on what they could be making that they forget it's the employees that, essentially, run the day-to-day operations.
Horrible and unexperienced management. Stay away
SSC (Former Employee), CentennialSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: the mailroom people are nice
Cons: pay and everything else
Worst place to work. Tuition is way too high for the poor education they deliver. The university claims to have never made a profit-this is questionable. Zero employee satisfaction. High turn over rate across the board. Human resources is worthless. When filing a sexual harassment complaint they will tell you that you took it wrong. Management comes from under a rock. Not one supervisor or manager has experience in education or management. No raises. There is always a "pay freeze" in place.
Terrible, Controlling Work Environment
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Centennial, COSeptember 15, 2013
Great people to work with, but horrible work environment; the worst I have experienced by far. You are essentially chained to your desk...timed bathroom breaks, etc. There is absolutely no room for advancement or success.
Headquarters