Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle Employer Reviews

Very Challenging Job
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
I cover 5 sites which include taking care of everything that that is involved in maintaining the properties. The hardest part is maintaining all Critical Systems and being on call 24x7
Day to Day Activities
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2014
A typical day consisted of surveying the property for anything that may needed updated, repaired, or replaced. It was sometimes tough when something goes wrong that was not anticipated. It is important to prioritize the level of each task when faced with multiple situations. The most enjoyable part is the interaction I would face with customers who – more... may be in need of directions or other assistance. I take pleasure when my assistance makes ones day better. – less
fair
mobil engineer (Former Employee), phx.October 7, 2014
It's the good old boy club. The management team are very arrogant. I would not recommend at all. I complained about a property Manager on an account. She was not taking care of the customer on her account. I did this after I gave my notice. They let me go two days early. No worries! ! I Worked at my friends Air conditioning company. They are touted – more... as being one of the best companies to work for. CBRE Better company for sure. Very professional !! – less
Mobile Engineer
Lead Mobile Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: unlimited tool allowance! 25 days a year off
Cons: 365 24/7 on call (mission critical application so 2am calls are regular and mandatory)
Pretty decent gig with little supervision. You are assigned a set of buildings in your area and are responsible for the entire building from the ground up. Little supervision gives you a ton of freedom, but that same freedom tends to make you bored and lazy. Honestly, this is more for the middle aged man with some good work ethic and discipline. The – more... lazy side gets you noticed – less
Total Production
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: many training options, state of the art office
Cons: long work days, emailing at night typical
Project Management is an all consuming position. As a Project Manager, you are the "buck stops here" contact for your client. With this moniker, there is follow-up, follow through and get it done, if the responsible party has not completed the task. A typical day would include following up with clients, vendors and stakeholders. I learned to prioritze – more... events, negotiate costs and tasks, and on the spot conflict resolution. – less
Great Experience
Vice President and General Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
There was no typical day at work due to the nature of managing a Class A office building. I enjoyed my tenure at JLL and in addition to gaining a tremendous amount of work experience, I made many special friendships with co-workers. I like that JLL is a discriminating company when it comes to hiring.

The hardest part of my job was that it was a third – more... party job. Meaning, because JLL does not own any of the properties they managed, when a property sold, the management assignment was often times vulnerable to being lost if a new buyer performed self management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was all the terrific people and clients I worked with. – less
I loved going to work everyday
Mobile Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: the customer
Cons: money restrictions
I never had a typical day at work. One day I would be working on a heating or air conditioning piece of equipment, the next would be fixing a broken lock. I like working within a team environment, where everyone has the same goal. I provide a great customer service, and enjoy completing a job that makes the customer happy. The hardest part of my job – more... is being able to do the job needed and keeping the cost to a minimal. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer. The customer creates the need and I provide the service to make their job easier. – less
Extremely professional and great working culture
Hiring Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, USASeptember 28, 2014
Managers and co-workers are extremely supportive and encouraging towards learning and development of new hires.
Run Forest Run
Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: boring
Cons: boring
Run Forest Run as far away as possible. Pompous management and they don't care about employees.
Fast pace environment with a great team
Property Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Responsible for the processing of accounts payable and accounts receivables during the transition from prior to new owner. the commute is the hardest part of the job, but the work environment and co-workers were great to work with.
Great Company and benefits
North America Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: well run company
Cons: contacts expire and you can find yourself out of a job
Learned a lot. Great Sr. Management. Clients can be a handful, but JLL is a well run company.
Ups and Downs
Associate Project Manager & LEED Green Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2014
Just as any job, it has the ups and downs.

For some reason it's making me write more than one line. I'm currently with JLLand don't feel there is anything that stands out as good or bad about the company.
JLL
Property Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 16, 2014
Great coworkers. Focus became the upsell not the customer. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians.
Most co-workers are GREAT
Property Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MISeptember 15, 2014
I learned all about the politics of an office environment of a large corporation.
Phenomenal company
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Great opportunity! Good mentors and lots of varied work experience.
Once a year I look forward to our annual pic nic.
Lab Service Associate (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: rewards for your good work.
Cons: no overtime
I start my day off with a very short meeting then I get my assignment
for the day and perform my job to the best of my abilities. I have great
inner actions with management and my co-workers are the best. I've
learnded so much from this job and acquired a skill that i can take
any where but now its time to take it too the next level.
Great experience of the global commercial real estate market
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2014
a typrical day at work involved crunchung numbers, [posting payments, reconciliation of amounts. Evaluating market rates, reviews. Calls with brokers and renters alike.
Monthly meetings with the clients. Learnt to look at a global scale of handling large corporate accounts and evaulating KPI's .
Great worklife balance with not so long hours balanaced – more... with early days off from time to time to handle personal matters . – less
Love working at company...account is unstable however
Property Manager (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great organization with great benefits
Cons: some accounts are unstable, and may go through changes annually
Great company to work for especially for minorities and women.
Strong company
National Director / SVP - Corporate Solutions (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: leadership, opportunity
Cons: disconnected from culture when on client-accounts
Good leadership in the Corporate Solutions group. There are opportunities for advancement if you are one of the stronger voices and team players.
Avoid.
Property Service Professional (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: the pto is nice if you manage to wait a year to get hired on.
Cons: everything else
Do not take a job here as a call center agent. The pay is horrible however they expect you to constantly exceed expectations. You will be written up for everything, including absences with a doctor's note, needing to leave for personal emergencies, etc. You are allotted 5 minutes a day to use the restroom outside your scheduled breaks, so if you are – more... older, pregnant, or use the restroom frequently, be prepared to be written up a lot. You will be written up if you are 1 second late from your break/lunch.

Oh and be prepared to train people every 4-6 weeks who will be making more money than you, even if they are temps and you are JLL, no matter how many years you have been there. If you are a temp and training people 4-12 weeks after you started, they will make more money than you. Of course if you discuss this you will be let go immediately. There is a VERY high turnover rate because people either get tired of it very quickly or get released/terminated. You can be terminated at the drop of a hat, everybody is constantly afraid that they are next because they cut people loose at an alarming rate.

Also, prepare to not advance even if you trained your supervisors years ago and know more than all the other agents combined, because you are an asset to the team as a ~rock~ and not a rocket. If you are a temp be prepared to work all holidays except for Christmas and Thanksgiving without holiday pay, although I guess that's more up to your temp agency.

Oh and call center agents are not permitted to participate in fire drills or shown what to do in the event of an emergency. They literally sit there taking calls with the fire drill alarms going off and people giving instructions over the PA system. The people calling in can hear everything and wonder why anybody would work in a place where the employees' safety is not valued. I wondered that myself. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Jones Lang LaSalle

Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, – Read more

Jones Lang LaSalle Photos