Jons Marketplace Employee Reviews

It was very stressful
Courtesy Clerk/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJune 7, 2017
I learned a lot from different people. I was out in the sun bringing in shopping carts. This job was a dead end job for. I tried to move up in the lanes and they didn't give me a chance.
Bagger
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
They didnt take care of us as employees we were basically the bottom scum when it came to management. We were treated like little children which was absolutely ridiculous
Very fun Vibe
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Great management and amazing customers, never a dull day working there. Helpful in making you a better person and worker.
Albertson is a union environment
Assistant Store Manager/ Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 21, 2016
Albertson's is a great place to work
The company thrived
My co-workers are outstanding
Hardest part is that I had to to work all weekend, holidays.
A very diverse, fun and interesting place of employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 11, 2016
I never had a boring day at Jons. I met alot and was introduced to new and interesting cultures and people. There was a bit of a language barrier due to the fact that Glendale, California is also known as Little Armenia. It is one of the main cities that the refugees of the Armenia Genocide were relocated to. The hardest part was the language barrier. The thing I loved most about this job was being introduced to all the different types of Armenians and their cultures.
The treatment is not good at all
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 12, 2015
Treatment of employees her is horrible. The mangement does not know what they are doing. They dont follow there own guidelines. They send employees way too lat eon there brakes. They dont know how to talk to people. They treat employees in a very unprofessional matter most of the time. The Assistant manger is very arrogant but the Store manager is always on top of everything all the time and he knows how to treat employees well.
Fun Place to work
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Van NuysJuly 31, 2015
Every day is different great atmosphere. I enjoyed dealing with customers. Employees are loyal. Learned a lot about international foods and merchandising
Pros
Family oriented business
good place to start for someone who's looking for their first job
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAMay 4, 2015
I have met great people from both co-workers and management. I have learned and been given great advice from my department manager. I felt very appreciated while working for the company.
Hardest part of the job, well nothing really it just depends on your work ethics and how you work well with others. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay rate
Good Company
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
Worked here for over 3 years, management always provided support to employees. Always respectful, and assisted on any questions when employees had.
Pros
Great
Cashier and Customer Service
Key Carrier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2015
I learned to manage big amounts of money while supervising employees and the store.
Neutral Summary
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2014
I have a neutral communication with my co-workers and sometimes my co-workers would make jokes that I didn't like but I would tell them in a respectful manner to stop and respect. besides that I have an in between overview. I have learned that I need to focus more on my listening skills sometimes I wouldn't understand but I have gotten to practice that. The hardest part was that I had to use up all my energy to pick up boxes and put the merchandise in it's proper bin. What I hardly enjoyed the job is what mainly commitment to stay loyal to the job but I have good moments.
Pros
2 breaks during certian periods of hours i worked
Cons
heavy duty but mangable
productive
outgoing
calm
relaxing
socially fun
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short breaks
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 13, 2013
typical day is completing the tasks assigned to you. I learned to stock different items, use the bailer machine to crush boxes,and use the box cutter.
Somewhere to start
Combo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2013
A day at work is very stressful. Management does not communicate and sometimes you get attitude towards you. Co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is doing everything that is not even part of your job or details without any help at all. What i learned was you need to ask and take care of yourself. Ask to get a raise if you know or think you deserve one.
Pros
Sometimes they give you 15 min breaks instead of 10
Cons
No advances at all.
Cashier, stocker, customer service (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Great place and great people. Flexible hours if you have school.
Jons
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 29, 2012
This company is a good company to work for. Its a family business and they know how to take care of their workers
Pros
tips sometimes
Cons
short breaks
A good place to work for to learn about diffirent cultures
Checker- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CADecember 20, 2012
A typical day at work began with receiving my register and money. Helped out customers, charging them for the correct items. Make return transactions for customers when they had an issue with an item or if they didn't want it anymore. Gave them direction to find the correct item they were looking for. Asked for supervisor help when there was a question that needed approval as well as have the baggers help the customers load the items to their cars. Management and other co-workers were very helpful in trying to help out the customer right away. Hardest part about the job is like any customer service job, there are always customers that don't want to cooperate when trying to help them and the difficult park is being able to calm them down and help them at whatever their temper is.
Pros
fun people to meet, and work for
Cons
moving up in the company is really hard to do.
That place sucks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  garden grove, CAMay 20, 2012
You will work like a slave for little money and no benefits.
They wont care if you are sick or having an emergency they expect everyone to show up in time and never call in sick or have an emergency.
Cons
everything