Jordan Health Services

Jordan Health Services Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
disabled client's home and assist (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The hours were good and the pay was acceptable. The work was difficult or easy depending on the needs of the client. I met some interesting people in this work.
Very flexable place to work
PHC/HMO Specialist (Former Employee), Jasper, txSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: flexable management, pto
Cons: very expensive healthcare plan, no raises or room for advancement
Very fast paced, yet pretty relaxed work enviroment. The Administrator was very flexable when it came to your children or personal things that you needed to take care of. As long as you did your job, they didn't give you a hard time about taking off when necessary. Pro: you earned PTO every pay period. Con: raises were never given and there was no incentive – more... to go beyond the scope of work expected, because it would not be rewareded. This was not due to the management in the office, it was because the corporate office only considered you a number and nothing was personal. Overall, I enjoyed working there, but there was no future in the job besides what you were hired for. Absolutely no room for advancement. – less
Productive enviroment with plesant workers
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: most of the staff, job responsiblity and security
Cons: commute, some managment
Typical day: checking email, printing out faxes, going into EMR software and getting tasks done, checking mail, sending out orders for signature to process for billing, updating patient records every second monday start the payroll process.
Managment: Regional DON is a great character to work with, a wonderful leader to be with
Co Workers: incredibly – more... pleasant and hard working
Hardest part: making sure everything is done within deadline
Enjoyable: accomplishing projects and keeping outstanding billing done – less
GOOD
Provider (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXAugust 1, 2014
NICE PLACE. GOOD STAFF, DEPENDABLE PATIENTS AND GOOD PAY.I WAS READY TO GO TO WORK ALL THE TIME.
Eh...
CNA (Former Employee), Jasper, TXJuly 31, 2014
When I first started working for the company it was great. After I had been there for almost a year, a lot of the office staff changed and it became a nightmare! They were never constant with my hours, clients, or pay. They left several hours off my paycheck multiple times.
For the first 3 years, this was a nice place to work
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXJuly 6, 2014
Pros: some flexibility
Cons: unpaid overtime, poor compensation for time and use of own vehicle
A typical day would include making home visits to clients, performing health assessments, initiating appropriate referrals, intervening for crisis situations, initiating follow-up, obtaining medically necessary equipment.
The hardest part of the job was that a typical day was 10-12 hours of visits, driving and paperwork.
The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was getting to know the clients. – less
What I learned
Human Capital Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, TXJuly 2, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: no pay reviews, lack of effective organizational communication
The most important thing I learned while being employed at JHS is that the clients come first.
Jordan makes it easy to work for them.
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXJune 17, 2014
Since work is client-based, it is very easy to work for Jordan. You only have to sign a couple documents every now and then from the main office in Corpus, but they can come to you for your signatures.
Flexible, friendly, & autonomy,
CBA Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Tyler, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, mileage
Cons: driving
I set my own schedule, Smith, Henderson, Anderson, and Cherokee counties. Wonderful supervisor, love my assigned area.
A decent company to work for.
Home Health Attendant (Current Employee), Paris, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: the ability to flex your schedule, helpful supervisors.
Cons: lack of communication between departments, no chance to every receive a raise.
Everyone I've dealt with in the company are friendly and helpful. The best part of this job(as an attendant) is spending time with the clients, they are usually so happy to have the company and very inviting. This isn't a difficult job, or hard company to work for. They are actually very helpful with flexible hours.
Changing culture
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: job security
This was originally a very family oriented and close knit work environment. A private equity group purchased Jordans and it is becoming more and more "Corporate" in nature. Salary is fair for the area (Mt Vernon), but job security is more of a concern with new owners.
management create a hostile work enviroment many unhappy employees
LPN?LVN (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: being able to care for the community
Cons: exspensive insurance hostile work enviroment
typical work day would include at least 100 miles of driving with a minimum of 7 patient visits per day often 9-10 hour day co-workers usually stressed & unhappy but supportive of each other except for management. administrator does not support the staff. told employees that if someone called in a complaint she would believe them. threatened to fire – more... anyone with over time so field staff would finish work off the clock to keep job. would write people up for complaint but would not say what the complaint was or who complaint was from or would reveal a person that had been complained about in front of entire staff hardest part of job would be having to be around the administrator not knowing what she was going to reveal next. most enjoyable part of job was caring for the patients & making their day a little brighter – less
Rewarding job
Attendant (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good company, caring management
Cons: 2 hours a day, 7 days a week; 35 minute drive to and from
This is a good company to work for. My supervisor always answered the phone when I called and she handled my issues in a timely manner. She always done her best to help when she could. She always asked about my patient and I respected her for that.
Semi productive, time consuming work
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule.
Cons: the day doesn't end after 8 hours of work.
Typical day at work: Constant incoming phone calls; multiple client schedule changes; seeking new attendants to work; lots of paperwork.
I've learned how to take control of and diffuse situations. How to establish a great working relationship between attendants and clients.
I enjoy working with the other field supervisors. We work as a team, always – more... willing to assist one another.
The hardest part of the job is keeping clients staffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when all clients are staffed and no one is unhappy. – less
Fun workplace an free food
Medical Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: free coffee and tea through out the day.
Cons: having racist supervisors
Each day was productive and busy. My immediate Supervisor was not the best; can not say why on here. My co-workers were a lot of fun, like family and very helpful when needed. The hardest part of the job was learning how to post received payments from Insurance Carriers. Learning all the aspects of Home Health was the most enjoyable.
Good Company bad managemet
Management (Former Employee), Angelina CountySeptember 25, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: over worked, no company vehicle, upper management
At first it was an awesome place to be and at the end don't feel a lot was put into making sure the help was there when needed in order to make sure that the failures that did happen could have been prevented but instead they over work one person until the mistakes happen and upper management takes no credit in there part in that failure
Fun Place to work for
Attendant (Current Employee), rusk, txSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: still time to do my day to day activities when i get done with work
Cons: pay
I have only been here a few months, but have enjoyed my time with this company. Although the pay is low, it is a very rewarding job.
Interesting every day
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXAugust 5, 2013
35 locations. Checked mail. Learned about home care industry. It was a wonderful experience working with this company. I was given the freedom to set up the operational side that was easy for everyone to use. It was fun to help people solve their problems.
Part-time job with own hours
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Arlington, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: hours are flexible
Cons: don't always get paychecks in a timely manner
Clean the home of client, fix meals, do laundry, run errands.
I work alone and do not answer to a manager except to sign paperwork when needed. I have no co-workers. The most enjoyable part is I get to spend time with client listening to the stories of their past.
Work, Work, Work...Forget your family, friends and life
Nurse (Former Employee), North Houston, TexasJuly 24, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: no personal time, on call schedule, management, mileage reimbursement
The compensation is good for someone who has no family, no friends and no life. Expect to drive 8 hours a day, see at least 3-6 patients with a drive time of at least one hour between each one. Expect to chart for at least 4 hours after you get home at night. Do not expect help from management. Marketing runs the company so where they find referrals – more... is where you have to go! No matter the distance. You may see your last patient and be an hour away from home. Also expect for on call weekends to be just as busy as the week was (or worse). There is no balance between work and family. You are expected (if you go full time) to see 30 points a week in order to receive benefits. A skilled nursing visit = 1 point. An admission, re-certification, or resumption of care = 2 points. You will drive all day, see a few patients, have no time to chart until you get home. You will have no help. Your mileage is paid at below standard if you are not full time. It will only cover gas and not oil changes, tires, and depreciation on your vehicle. Then on call schedule is 1 week per month at least. Some work two weeks per month. Ours was 12 days on (on call week plus regular week) 2 days off. – less