Jordan Health Services Employee Reviews

Coworkers are team players
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXAugust 4, 2015
The field supervisors work together to help one another. They support one another and keep one another motivated and encouraged.
Pros
Great coworker support team
Cons
No support from upper management
Home Health Attendant
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 3, 2015
Good company to work for if you like dealing with older people. Nothing hard about it. I have been with the company for years and I have really nice supervisors.
Learned a variety of additonal skills.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2015
Busy and involved.
Learned to set up oxygen and masks.
Loading patient into car.
Client thanking me and appreciating all that I did.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not any.
This place is NOT what Home Health is supposed to be about!
RN Case Manager-field (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2015
As an RN Case Mngr int the field -- I absolutely love helping those that need the help. Unfortunately this company pushes people into home health services. I have been in the business 10 years and have never seen where the RN who assess the patient does NOT have a say so in the recert d/c decesion. I could go into how many times they would send an RN out to implement home health initial eval on the same patient even when for one RN they would say no.....then they would send another RN to attempt-------but i won't! No wonder some of the potential patients would get upset----99% of the time the referring physician would sign orders for home health and would not even tell the patients!! :/ Now---wonder who pushed them to "find" in their stack of charts to see who would be a good candidate for home health. I even had a few patients tell me our company was harrassing them...;/ And most importantly----they told me one territory and would send me everywhere!! When I would say---"i never agreed upon hire to go to this area" ....management would ignore me. I know why they can not keep RN staff. Its sad what some home health companies have turned in to. Let me just say....Most have lost their moral compass when medicine became a business! Now quantity is the leader when quality should be.
Responsible for elderly patient
Provider (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJuly 3, 2015
I learned to help an elderly patient by feeding, clean environment around them. Also taking the patient to doctor appointments and ending the day by making their last meal and throwing out trash from their rooms.
Pros
Healthcare Provided
Cons
Throwing feces and urine
Home Health Attendant
Home Health Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJune 10, 2015
I loved my job. I assisted clients with their daily routine to keep their household going. Including meals, laundry, etc. Whatever was needed.
Very good place to work at.
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work was going in call in the sign in machine, and just care for the person. I learned how to be more responsible and many more things like bathing an elderly, cooking, and how to give medications. The hardest part of the job was having to memorize all the medications and time given. But eventually i got used to it and it became easy. I enjoyed caring for someone and knowing that they were in good hands.
Pros
Having a chance to do college homework.
Cons
Sitting around all day.
Great Place to work
M.A (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 30, 2015
I love my job, to bad they didn't have a company in Austin , TX .
Over all this company was well organized and very productive.
Pros
JOB SECURITY
Cons
NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF
very productive
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clyde, TXMarch 9, 2015
I liked working here but didn't like my supervisor she rarely ever answered her phone for me to ask her questions. I helped out the elderly, but didn't like how I couldn't ride in the car with the client and the fact of having to go home if the client wasn't home. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with my client and still to this day were friends. I would recommend this job to other people but the only thing wrong is that they don't carry insurance for the employees.
Pros
enjoyed working here
Cons
they had no insurance
Beware
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJanuary 21, 2015
This job made my life complicated and miserable. Management never knew what any of their employees were doing and were rarely in the office doing their own jobs.
Good
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working with the patients and helping their daily routines.
Based on unorganization. Difficulty and faulty computer progran
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TxDecember 29, 2014
High tension in the local office. Many of the staff members are unhappy, confused and stressed to the max. Hours are unreasonable. Benefits are good but the unpaid hours are high and very intense. Very nice co-workers I will miss working with them.
Pros
lunches for most staff meetings.
Cons
impossible amount of hours and very heavy case load
Growing
RN (Current Employee) –  Mt VernonNovember 11, 2014
Visiting patient in the home to teach the patient and family how to care for the patient to keep them independent in the home and prevent exacerbations of disease processes. Staff is very friendly and easy to work with, There is a lot of traveling involved and following up with the patients is essential
Pros
great salary, flexible schedule
Cons
lot of travel involved
Good company to work for
disabled client's home and assist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The hours were good and the pay was acceptable. The work was difficult or easy depending on the needs of the client. I met some interesting people in this work.
Very flexable place to work
PHC/HMO Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, txSeptember 11, 2014
Very fast paced, yet pretty relaxed work enviroment. The Administrator was very flexable when it came to your children or personal things that you needed to take care of. As long as you did your job, they didn't give you a hard time about taking off when necessary. Pro: you earned PTO every pay period. Con: raises were never given and there was no incentive to go beyond the scope of work expected, because it would not be rewareded. This was not due to the management in the office, it was because the corporate office only considered you a number and nothing was personal. Overall, I enjoyed working there, but there was no future in the job besides what you were hired for. Absolutely no room for advancement.
Pros
flexable management, pto
Cons
very expensive healthcare plan, no raises or room for advancement
Productive enviroment with plesant workers
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2014
Typical day: checking email, printing out faxes, going into EMR software and getting tasks done, checking mail, sending out orders for signature to process for billing, updating patient records every second monday start the payroll process.
Managment: Regional DON is a great character to work with, a wonderful leader to be with
Co Workers: incredibly pleasant and hard working
Hardest part: making sure everything is done within deadline
Enjoyable: accomplishing projects and keeping outstanding billing done
Pros
most of the staff, job responsiblity and security
Cons
commute, some managment
GOOD
Provider (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 1, 2014
NICE PLACE. GOOD STAFF, DEPENDABLE PATIENTS AND GOOD PAY.I WAS READY TO GO TO WORK ALL THE TIME.
Eh...
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJuly 31, 2014
When I first started working for the company it was great. After I had been there for almost a year, a lot of the office staff changed and it became a nightmare! They were never constant with my hours, clients, or pay. They left several hours off my paycheck multiple times.
For the first 3 years, this was a nice place to work
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJuly 6, 2014
A typical day would include making home visits to clients, performing health assessments, initiating appropriate referrals, intervening for crisis situations, initiating follow-up, obtaining medically necessary equipment.
The hardest part of the job was that a typical day was 10-12 hours of visits, driving and paperwork.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the clients.
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
unpaid overtime, poor compensation for time and use of own vehicle
What I learned
Human Capital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJuly 2, 2014
The most important thing I learned while being employed at JHS is that the clients come first.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no pay reviews, lack of effective organizational communication