Jordan Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate has too much politics that affect the local branches and their employees. Management throws their weight around unfairly!
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2016
Unfortunately for a corporation this company has too many higher ups fighting amongst each other. Each local area has an active manager but the actual agency is ran by an administrator that is not local at all and has no idea how the local manager runs the place nor has a clue of daily difficulties that each employee is faced with. When a corporate superior, who again is not housed locally at the agency, feels that an employee knows much more than they do that particular employee will be terminated unfairly!

Too much turn over in the company and unfair termination.
Pros
Local Employees are friendly
Cons
The corporate office is corrupted and affects each local agency.
Scatterbrained & Lazy Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 1, 2016
Read what the other nurses say here before you take a job or you might consider being PRN only. Management is top heavy in this company. They stretch the field and office staff as thinly as possible while they sit around thinking up ways to stretch already over-worked staff even more. They push to have patients recertified when they have never even seen the patient. It's not worth losing your license because they want you to admit or recert when a patient refuses or no longer wants home health. They will try to make you feel guilty for being ethical. If you don't mind working all day and weekends, documenting all evening, being on call all of the time with less than adequate compensation for the hours you put in and the nonsense you put up with, then this company will be ok for you. Even if you work as much as they want it is never good enough. Their way to instruct and mentor is to write people up. They assign a volume of work that NO ONE could accomplish then write you up when you can't do it. Hence the high turn over rate.
Pros
Fellow employees, patients
Cons
Lazy, scatterbrained, vindictive, unrealistic management
Not a good place to work if you know too much about home health and patient care
nurse former employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2015
I have been a nurse in austin texas for 25 years and really care about patients getting what they need to stay at home and live the rest of their lives happy and healthy as they can be. This agency jordan health services doesn't care about patients or their employees. It's all about get them in and as fast as we can get them off services. Patients Don't get the help they need one time per week or every other week for nurse visits. Supposed to teach 5 to 10 different things on one visit or more, these patient's are not able to comprehend even one of the items taught in one visit much less 5 to 10, please!!!! They don't want to keep the patients on service for more then 2 certifications, the corporate office pushing you to say you did more than you did to get the patients in and out as fast as you can. This is not a company that really cares about patients, employees it's all about how much money they can make for the higher ups. Shame on you for taking advantage of the elderly and cheating the government out of tax payers money. This place should be closed down and never allowed to open a business again. And shame on you for putting your staff in the field at risk for losing their license because they have never worked in home health care or know the rules and regulations of the state. They don't want employees that question or know the regulations of health care. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! !!!!!
Pros
patients
Cons
put staff at risk of losing their license because they don't know to say no to higher ups.
Always Productive
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 6, 2015
Great work productivity, just had to find a better job with hours needed to be home for my children when school was out, due to baby sitter quitting.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
a little to much drama with in the office.
Love It
Clerical/Receptionist/Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 5, 2015
Great place to work! Fun environment and decent co-workers make time at work very manageable. A more suitable position for an individual with older or no children, however, as position takes up most of your week.
productive workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work begins with getting your patient up and fed, making sure they have their meds, and then bathing them. Inquire what they need done for the day, if there are any errands,etc. Make lunch and dinner, clean up around the house,do laundry, clip nails, groom patient. Jordans is a very acceptable place to work. As long as you are doing a good job they will be good to you.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
how the job ends
Coworkers are team players
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXAugust 4, 2015
The field supervisors work together to help one another. They support one another and keep one another motivated and encouraged.
Pros
Great coworker support team
Cons
No support from upper management
Home Health Attendant
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 3, 2015
Good company to work for if you like dealing with older people. Nothing hard about it. I have been with the company for years and I have really nice supervisors.
Learned a variety of additonal skills.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 22, 2015
Busy and involved.
Learned to set up oxygen and masks.
Loading patient into car.
Client thanking me and appreciating all that I did.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Not any.
This place is NOT what Home Health is supposed to be about!
RN Case Manager-field (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2015
As an RN Case Mngr int the field -- I absolutely love helping those that need the help. Unfortunately this company pushes people into home health services. I have been in the business 10 years and have never seen where the RN who assess the patient does NOT have a say so in the recert d/c decesion. I could go into how many times they would send an RN out to implement home health initial eval on the same patient even when for one RN they would say no.....then they would send another RN to attempt-------but i won't! No wonder some of the potential patients would get upset----99% of the time the referring physician would sign orders for home health and would not even tell the patients!! :/ Now---wonder who pushed them to "find" in their stack of charts to see who would be a good candidate for home health. I even had a few patients tell me our company was harrassing them...;/ And most importantly----they told me one territory and would send me everywhere!! When I would say---"i never agreed upon hire to go to this area" ....management would ignore me. I know why they can not keep RN staff. Its sad what some home health companies have turned in to. Let me just say....Most have lost their moral compass when medicine became a business! Now quantity is the leader when quality should be.
Responsible for elderly patient
Provider (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJuly 3, 2015
I learned to help an elderly patient by feeding, clean environment around them. Also taking the patient to doctor appointments and ending the day by making their last meal and throwing out trash from their rooms.
Pros
Healthcare Provided
Cons
Throwing feces and urine
Home Health Attendant
Home Health Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJune 10, 2015
I loved my job. I assisted clients with their daily routine to keep their household going. Including meals, laundry, etc. Whatever was needed.
Very good place to work at.
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 29, 2015
Typical day at work was going in call in the sign in machine, and just care for the person. I learned how to be more responsible and many more things like bathing an elderly, cooking, and how to give medications. The hardest part of the job was having to memorize all the medications and time given. But eventually i got used to it and it became easy. I enjoyed caring for someone and knowing that they were in good hands.
Pros
Having a chance to do college homework.
Cons
Sitting around all day.
Great Place to work
M.A (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 30, 2015
I love my job, to bad they didn't have a company in Austin , TX .
Over all this company was well organized and very productive.
Pros
JOB SECURITY
Cons
NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF
very productive
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clyde, TXMarch 9, 2015
I liked working here but didn't like my supervisor she rarely ever answered her phone for me to ask her questions. I helped out the elderly, but didn't like how I couldn't ride in the car with the client and the fact of having to go home if the client wasn't home. the most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with my client and still to this day were friends. I would recommend this job to other people but the only thing wrong is that they don't carry insurance for the employees.
Pros
enjoyed working here
Cons
they had no insurance
Beware
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TXJanuary 21, 2015
This job made my life complicated and miserable. Management never knew what any of their employees were doing and were rarely in the office doing their own jobs.
Good
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working with the patients and helping their daily routines.
Based on unorganization. Difficulty and faulty computer progran
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TxDecember 29, 2014
High tension in the local office. Many of the staff members are unhappy, confused and stressed to the max. Hours are unreasonable. Benefits are good but the unpaid hours are high and very intense. Very nice co-workers I will miss working with them.
Pros
lunches for most staff meetings.
Cons
impossible amount of hours and very heavy case load
Growing
RN (Current Employee) –  Mt VernonNovember 11, 2014
Visiting patient in the home to teach the patient and family how to care for the patient to keep them independent in the home and prevent exacerbations of disease processes. Staff is very friendly and easy to work with, There is a lot of traveling involved and following up with the patients is essential
Pros
great salary, flexible schedule
Cons
lot of travel involved
Good company to work for
disabled client's home and assist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The hours were good and the pay was acceptable. The work was difficult or easy depending on the needs of the client. I met some interesting people in this work.