Jordan Hospital

Jordan Hospital Employee Reviews

Hectic and fast paced department
Unit Coordinator/Secretary, Per Diem (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and friendships
I worked for the Jordan Hospital (now BID Plymouth) as a second job. It was a very challenging job in the Emergency Department with phones ringing, multiple lines at times and other times not at all. I was able to work all shifts and found them all equally rewarding. My co workers had been there for many years, I listened to their advice and asked questions when I did not know the answers. I learned how to deal with angry, upset or people who's lives had just been torn apart. I learned how to multitask in stressful situations.
Diagnostic Imaging Department was a great place to work.
Radiology Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAFebruary 16, 2015
My supervisor and co workers in the diagnostic imaging department were an exceptional group of people, always will to step in to help should one of us need to change schedules for any reason.

My supervisor was easy to talk with concerning my personal or business related situations.

The radiology doctors were also friendly and concerned for any personal situations and were just a great group of people to work for.
Great place to work!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 30, 2015
You help the patients and work as a team and learn about nutrition and medical fields. Management here is pretty well. Co workers for the most part help each other out. Hardest part of the job is hurrying along. But the patients love and appreciate the hard work!
Clean patient rooms
housekeeping (Former Employee), PLymouth maJanuary 2, 2015
meeting new people and working in environment whit good people
Busy environment with great co-workers
Physician Systems Analyst, Information Services (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAOctober 27, 2014
I handled many positions at Jordan Hospital from CPOE, Radiology (PACS/CPACS), interfaces, ambulatory and business systems. My co-workers were wonderful and very helpful. The hardest part of the job some days was traveling to off-site physician offices while trying to maintain the workload on various projects. The best part of the job was being busy.
Worked out fine with my schedule at the time,
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAAugust 13, 2014
If they needed a specific test done, I would schedule that or if they were to be sent to a specific place, I would arrange that. The best feeling was setting up discharge papers to send the patient home to their family.
MEDICAL SURGICAL STAFF R.N. FROM 7PM TO 7AM, OR 11PM TO 7AM.
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: skill enhancement
Cons: that it ws the winter of the "noro-virus." (great for nursing skills, ) but an infection control challenge. (i am proud to say we did control that though.)
I LEARNED HOW TO PERFORM BLADDER IRRIGATION, AND HAD SO MUCH SUPPORT IN HONING MY IV INSERTION SKILLS, AND BLOOD TRANSFUSION SKILLS, AS WELL AS CONTACT PRECAUTIONS, AND THERAPEUTIC MEASURES UTULIZED TO TAKE CARE OF PATIENTS WITH THE NORO-VIRUS, GIVING THEM DIGNITY, AND AMPLE FLUID REPLACEMENT AND GI CARE. THIS POSITION ALSO GAVE ME THE ABILITY TO INCREASE MY EXPERIENCE REGARDING CENTRAL LINE CARE, AND LAB DRAWS. I LOVE LEARNING NEW SKILLS, AND THE RED-HAIRED MED-SURG NURSING SUPERVISOR AT JORDEN REALLY HAD FAITH IN ME. AS A TRAVEL NURSING JOB, I REALLY LOVED THIS ONE.
no comment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: longevity
Cons: no breaks, no supplies, no staff
very busy, usually understaffed. the moral of the hospital had changed when new management took over in 2008. We were no longer a magnet hospital. Those were the good days, to work with those conditions and regulations was great. However the hospital was in the red.. Budget cuts in every dept. When I first started there I was a new grad. This was new and exciting,.2002.I had great leaders and educators. I worked on a telemetry floor for six years then transferred to the CCC, I trained at Southcoast for my critical care course. Which that was full of so full of information and driven content to learn more.
productive, challenging, enthusiastic
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAAugust 10, 2013
A typical day was arriving and getting your assignment for the day. You had to organize things to prepare for your day. I learned a lot of about individual personalities, each one makes a difference on how your day is going to be. Everyone is and individual and should be treated as such. The management was neutral, sometimes receptive and sometimes challenging. My co-workers were fantastic. We worked as a team to get the work completed and care for all the cliental. I can not find the words to describe the hardest part of my job, it was and very enjoyable one. I had the opportunity to teach student Phlebotomists and visiting nurses as well as new employees, This was rewarding for it gave my own self esteem a boost. I enjoyed being a lab assistant, I learned what I opened myself up to learning and that was everything
Jordan Hospital
Senior Behavioral Health (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAJuly 23, 2013
Jordan Hospital has many great people who work very hard for the overall good. Administration could use some work.
Productive workplace with excellent benefits
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAMay 20, 2013
This is a small hospital that provides excellent care. It is a great place to work; your co-workers are like family and the hospital offers great compensation and benefits.
only worried about their bottom costs
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAApril 30, 2013
focus was on saving money not investing in staff or community values
Community Hospital with a close-knit employee base
Staff Technologist (Current Employee), Plymouth,Ma,radiology deptJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: comrarderie amongst co-workers
Cons: communication between management and employees could be better
Jordan Hospital has been through many growth periods since I started, and I still feel Happy coming in to see the same people,as well as new people,and feel at home.
The staff at Jordan is top notch to me.There is a sense of pride, confidence and comraderie which,to me, can only help reach our goals of quality patient care. We are a team
Great place to work.
Senior Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
Fun co-workers and overall great place to work. Had a excellent supervisor when started but then the new one played people against each other and just made working difficult. Overall great position and really loved position, tryed to be moved to different floor but couldn't so resigned due to not being able to move and also needed to take time off to care for dying mother and upon returning was given the cold shoulder from manager.
Great Place to Work
LPN (Current Employee), Plymouth, MAJanuary 10, 2013
Knowledgeable and fast paced hospital. Great working environment.
small community hospital under financial duress has not been the ideal work environment
Operating Room Booking Coordinator (Current Employee), Plymouth, MASeptember 20, 2012
During the time I've worked here the company has operated under financial limitations.
busy fast pace workplace
Patient Care Assistant, PACU (Current Employee), Plymouth, MASeptember 3, 2012
i am currently working in the PACU area of the hospital. we typically have about 30 patients daily. this is a very fast pace area and you have to be able to be orgainized and work as a team. he mst enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the patients. The hardest part of the job would be that there is not enough help and most times we are unable to leave on time....
ok place to work if you don't have a family
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJuly 23, 2012
Pros: free parking, good pay, vacation time, nice benefits
Cons: unable to get time off, management
Great place to work if you dont have a family. Not very good about giving time off when you need it. Allows certain management to harass employees.
Jordan Hospital is very progressive and was a positive experience for me.
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAJuly 4, 2012
Pros: plenty of educational opportunities for ceu's
Cons: having to stay the extra half hour to cover your lunch
Great co-workers, all willing to work together to get the days assignments done and the patients cared for with high quality of service.
Best Hospital in the area
PAR (ED) Unit Clerk in CCU, ICU, Ob/Gyn and Pedi (Former Employee), Plymouth, MAMay 18, 2012
Pros: was a short commute, always interesting, positively challenging
Cons: very fast paced, high stress at times
A typical day (depending on what position I held) was always interesting, a learning adventure and engaging with professionals to be sure that all patients were treated with the utmost compassion and care. I had various responsibilities through out my total number years of employment. My responsibilities dealt with transcription of Doctor's orders and ordering the correct tests associated with such, to arranging helicopter transport to Boston area hospitals, gathering demographic & precise insurance information. I dealt with a wide range of personalities and showed favor towards everyone. I only worked with the immediate management within my dept and never had any issues. I was deeply rooted within the Plymouth community (and still am) and appreciate the diverse cultures it offers, I would gladly report that I was very accountable in my role and accepted any task put before me. Jordan is a wonderful family oriented hospital with great potential to become one of the BEST on the South Shore area. (My start and end date was broken in between... I worked there on two diff ocassions)