JoS. A Bank

JoS. A Bank Employer Reviews

Rewarding Career
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2014
Jos. A. Bank is an outstanding company to work for. I am very blessed to have the opportunity to lead an amazing team to achieve success in this rewarding, yet challenging industry. We strive daily to provide the best experience for our customers.
It is a routine Job
Salesman Assistant (Current Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 25, 2014
It is a job for college student who do not need to pay rent. Not recommended as a life job from the store level. Really easy job, a challenge to get a raise.
stressful
third key (Current Employee), locust grove gaOctober 8, 2014
Cons: everything
to much work for little pay and the hours are bad as well. you always have someone looking over your shoulder although in the initial interview you are told that it wouldn't happen.
Good compensation 2nd half of year
Salesman (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OK, Penn Square MallOctober 3, 2014
Pros: compensation is good during holidays and back to school
Cons: business volume drops off considerably from mid-january to end of july.
Working at Jos A Bank Clothiers was very rewarding during the holidays, or really second half of the year with back to school. However, the first half of the year was very slow with volume lacking. Plus you end up paying yourself for base-pay, before the commissions start adding up. In other words, base-pay of $8.00/hr is first paid for out of commissions – more... before they begin accumulating. That would not be a problem, if all you had to do is sell, but salespersons are also responsible for stocking, pricing, labeling, signage, and doing your own alterations, which means Jos A Bank gets a lot of free labor. When volume is high, the money is good, but the first half of the year volume drops considerably and you end up working for barely over minimum wage. Also, there is no training program to speak of, so you end up teaching yourself. – less
NOT a Bank!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: coworkers training
Cons: slow on weekdays
First job ever! I just graduated high school and needed a job. I did not expect anything when i applied. the woman that hired me did not know much with hiring except that they needed someone (anyone.) They lucked out when i came along.

I got great training when i came on board. a lot of what i know about men's clothing has to do with this place. With – more... 4 brothers, I was able to take advantage of their Christmas specials.

Over the course of my time here, i went through 2 managers, the one that hired me transferred to a different location. the one i left from, i would thank him if i ever saw him again. He helped me A LOT with selling than knowing the product itself.

the coworkers did not change while i was there except the store managers. It may seem that this place doesnt get any business, but it actually does. – less
Productive and fun work place.
Product designer, Assistant store manager (Current Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good location, free parking
Cons: flexible schedule
-multitask
-always run
-changes due to merging with a different company

the hardest part of the job
-uncertainty in tomorrow's business

the most enjoyable part of the job
-fun team
jos
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Clifton, NJSeptember 11, 2014
a job is a job what better than being comfortable and crusin through ur day
long hours but can make a good living
Department Manager - Full-time (Former Employee), Paramus, NJSeptember 10, 2014
work long hours in a busier store and you can potentially make a good living.
Awesome experience, cant wait to go back
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee), Collegeville, PASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great friendly environment, great workers, great deals, amazing managers
Cons: mens wearhouse bought them out
working at jos a bank was a great experience but after my accident in January prevented me from going back to work, my managers were the kindest and warm hearted people I ever met, after the accident the paramedics had to cut up my suit and my managers got together and bought me a brand new suit, if that isn't showing appreciation and love I don't know – more... what is, being able to go into work and having a smile on your face knowing it'll be fun and interesting,
learned so much about suits, customers, getting something done for someone in a deadline and watching their face lite up is great,
my managers hands down best people I met,
hardest part about the job was folding the shirts back up
most enjoyable part was talking to the customers and workers and everyone having a smile on their face, at the worst days you would leave feeling a little better – less
Great team to work with
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2014
The shifts are usually rather boring which is not good for someone that likes to stay busy. I love working with most of the people that I work with. The attendance is a little lacked for my taste but I guess they feel that if you are not there then you can not sell and you loose money.
Nasty
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2014
It was a nasty place to work because of regional director. Materials were so tightly racked, and she still would not allow the use of temporary roller racks to alleviate crowding.
Not a good place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good discounts
Cons: horrible communication
I was treated very poorly there. I was pushed around by co works and nothing happen with the situation. I was talked about in a racial way, and I was also fired via text message. Other than this I really liked working there I got to meet all kinds of important people of Peoria. I learned things as well like tailoring and how to measure marks for tailoring.
Hostile Work Environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2014
Management tells you how you are bad at your job and that they can walk circles around you. Hiring management lies about compensation.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to build a great wardrobe is endless
Cons: commission structure, wages, benefits
A typical day at work entails providing superior customer service in a fast paced environment. I assist customers with selection and purchasing of fine clothing and address customer concerns as they arise. As a manager, I am facilitating new employee training, performance evaluation and suggesting course of action for improvement.
One of the many things – more... learned on the job is that first one must seek customers to sale to. Secondly, one should always know the proper questions to ask potential clients to build good rapport. Next each employee must be able to layer all the merchandise in the store. This skill is beneficial when customers are less experienced with building ensembles. Lastly, one should always extend themselves beyond what the customer asks of them.
Management in the company is fair. However, this can change depending on the location.
The most challenging aspect of this job is managing concurrent responsibilities including customer and employee needs. Additionally, it can be physically taxing to stand an entire 8-12 hour shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the endless opportunities to interact with people from all different backgrounds. – less
Not the worst, but can be significantly improved.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great product that makes it easy to sell, easy to track sales numbers and solid rewards program for top sellers.
Cons: odd commission draws that make it hard to to earn commission for smaller volume stores.
The biggest problem with this company is that it has trained its customers to to only look for sales due to them rolling out a new big sale every few days. Somewhere along the line they determined that it is best for promotions and marketing to do their sales rather than their salesmen.
jos a bank
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: pay
An extremely busy/fun place to work, with high-end customers. Good employees,PTO.
n/a
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
stedy work environment great mangement great co workers great location
Enjoyed my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed most everything about my job there at Dillard's. I built many relationships with coworkers and customers, but there wasn't a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Quality retail chain for quality people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: communication skills, learning work space cleanliness
Cons: too short of lunch breaks (30 minutes), constantly on your feet for 8+ hours
Working at Jos. A Bank was enjoyable at times but the retail line of work is not for me. I was successful in selling the products but I couldn't sell to some people as well as I could others given how expensive that the items were. I know how tight money can get for me, so my conscience gets the better of me when I very obviously see the struggle in – more... an individual to hand over $300 for a couple suits. The product was definitely good quality and worth the money in every way, I just wish I could have helped those that struggled to afford it better. – less
wedding specialist
Formal Wear Specialist (Former Employee), Homewood, ALJuly 19, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: inconsistent
This was an okay job. The job required for you to do extensive work, with little return in compensation.

1 2 3 4 5

About JoS. A Bank

Perfectly Suited Careers. As one of America's premier clothiers, Jos. A. Bank is the perfect fit for people with the passion – Read more