JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

great learning experience
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PANovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed wearing suits but I would of rather went back to Men's Wearhouse than this company. Suits over priced, manager forcing you to up sell tailoring detail for more tailoring hours, hourly or commission. I had a bad experience with manager and regional managers. I wish people seeking this job the best. Just because I had a bad 3 years there doesn't mean things didn't get better since I left. I met some really good people there.
Pros
great fashion experience
Cons
not the best come paired to their competitors
Great company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MINovember 10, 2017
Amazing company, they helped me expand my sales skills and it was a pleasure working there. I had no issues with anyone my entire time there. Great management
great sales experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYNovember 9, 2017
A great job to learn and grow in the sales field. You will learn every aspect of the job and will grow with company if one applies themselves to the position.
Marketing Manager / Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 6, 2017
long hours and small returns. Customers were normally good but at times caused problems . Never knew what the sale was going to tbe the next day . had to cut prices to even get people to buy anything ... Over priced !!
Classy High-end Work Profile
National Construction Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nation WideNovember 5, 2017
Retail is a rewarding profession to only a limited type of person... it's demanding, unforgiving and has no time for non performers. You are always rated and paid by your productivity and numbers, numbers numbers... oh did I mention "Numbers"?

Lots of stress and pressure, great customers and not so great customers that all have to have your best game... no picking and choosing in this field. Light weights beware go find a better fit you will only be frustrated in my opinion.

Store Development and installation positions are fast-track and high focus positions that again require a special type of employee.
Pros
Not allot Unless your in development, management or store construction
Cons
Many... retail is a shark tank it takes a special person
Fun place to work. Great in store culture but lacks company wide community.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2017
No real problems with Jos a bank. Just saw any potential to advance go down drain when bought out by other company. Upper management is clueless most of the time. In store monangement is great at most locations mine particularly. (Keystone). No raises happen no matter how well you sell or length you are with company. Really sad.
Pros
A lot of paid time off. Management is quite relaxed. Breaks whenever, understanding management
Cons
Career advancement is almost non existent. Pretty bad hourly, but commission can help
Jos A Bank
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 2, 2017
For a first beginning Job, Jos A Bank is a descent Company. I would not believe to make a Full Time Career of it. The benefits are not in par with the high demand that is placed in the work place at times.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Ability to Move within the Company
Was not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 31, 2017
We had a decent work culture but there was no place to move forward with the position. We had a pay decrease in the middle of my time at Jos. A. Bank and pushed a lot of people away. Also, the management did not provide a trustworthy work environment.
The worst company to work for
Key holder/salesman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIOctober 18, 2017
Jos. A. Bank is the worse company that I've ever worked. The management lacks any intelligence. The manager steals from the store and the head offices of Men's Wearhouse, who own JAB, are too stupid to do anything.
Not a team friendly environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 12, 2017
The management doesn't do anything except write down goals each day. Management puts blame on the sales executives and doesn't provide proper training in order to more efficiently and effectively operate the store. Management also doesn't handle problem employees, their tactic is to just act like nothing is happening and hope the problem goes away.
Fast pace to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 9, 2017
A day at Jos A Bank can be very hectic but very rewarding. Helping people to improve their image and their confidence. We also do wedding bookings as well so, I love helping the guys get themselves and their groomsmen ready for the grooms big day!
Jos a banks looks to the future.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  111 broadwayOctober 8, 2017
I've been working at jos a bank for six years. I started as a commission based sales executive and was pro.oted to assistant manager. I enjoy working there. I e joy working with my staff and fellow managers. This company is looking to the future. It's a great place to learn about men's suiting and teamwork.
Pros
Nice discounts, loyal customers, good benefits
Cons
Non union employees benefits are t as good as union employees
A good place to work
Sales Assistant/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 5, 2017
A typical day is mostly customer service and product control. I've learned a lot about suits and sales. The management staff is on top of everything and communicate very well. The culture is a productive one. Hardest part of the job is the customer aspect. Most customers are great, but when you get a difficult customer, the job isn't fun. The most enjoyable part is learning about all the intricacies of tailored clothing.
slow paced work environment
Sales Exutive (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase Lake, MDSeptember 29, 2017
if you are looking for a commissioned sales position in clothing, this is the job for you. If you are looking for general retail with a faster paced environment, this is not the job for you. Long slow days with little pay.
Most of the time this is not a pleasant place to work.
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Although most of the people I work with right now are nice to work with. The actual job is the worst Tailoring job I have had by far. And I have worked as a professional tailor for over 40 years. My work area is depressing. I am all by myself in a corner of the stock room with no windows or anyone to speak to except for an occasional request from one of the sales staff. And with the press on it becomes unbearably hot back there especially in the summer. Even though I do have vacation time to use I hesitate to take a day off because I have to pay for it with all the rushes waiting for me when I return. The pay is low for the amount of skilled work they expect you to complete. It took me over 6 years of working there to even receive a tiny raise in pay. The best part of my day is leaving the place and getting out for my lunch break and seeing the light of day.
Pros
nice people to work with, but that could change at any moment.
Cons
low pay, over extended workload, depressing work area, isolation.
N/a
Regional Director of Sales, Chicago Metro North (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
No work life balance, you kill yourself every week and never get any credit. It is a thanksless and joyless occupation. I wouldn't recommend this place anyone.
funplace to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 11, 2017
When I worked there it was a pace to be. The people I worked with were great. the management team was fair. Also the product that they sold was top grade
Great company with great opportunities to advance
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MD 21074August 25, 2017
When I first started at Jos. A. Bank I had never dealt with a call center environment. But as soon as I was hired they brought me in and went over exactly everything that is to be expected of their sales/customer service associates. I was trained extremely thoroughly and majority of questions that I had would be answered immediately.
Pros
Great Employees, Great Management and Great Benefits
Cons
Moved Customer Service to Houston, Tx
satisfactory
Assitant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
Nice place to work if you like men's clothes...standard of clothing is Above standard!! very flexible work environment....other employees are easy to work with
great place to work, great management, just wish i could have advanced in my career.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 17, 2017
i had so much fun working at jos. a. bank. i enjoyed talking to the customers and i enjoyed helping couples with suits and tuxedos for weddings. my manager was great and he seemed to enjoy helping out the customers just as much as i did.
Pros
compensation, atmosphere
Cons
lack of career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoS. A Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8