JoS. A Bank

JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 23, 2015
This is a good and fun company to work for but the pay isn't good. Advancement is minimal. Other than that Jos a Bank is good.
Good place to work.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILAugust 23, 2015
Fast paced, always busy, friendly environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the customers in a friendly and timely manner.
Upper end gentlemens fashion
3rd Key Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 21, 2015
The company has been in business since 1905 and can be very rewarding in a career field a great place to work hard work and dedication and long hours.
Productive and fun work place
Department Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2015
Great work environment, with loyal clientele, and high volume of shoppers. All about numbers and very competitive on the sales floor.
Relaxing enviroment to work in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Percentage of sales.
Cons: Pay
A typical day at work would include assisting customers in finding a suit and outfit combinations that look good and feel good. In the pursuit of finding a good suit for your customer is figuring out their measurements to know what fits them. Once figured out you pull out suit options, including shirt and tie options so they know what goes well with that suit. After the suit has been chosen, the customer tries on the suit and I mark the suit for tailoring so it fits them perfectly. I then take the customer to the register and ring up their chosen items. When prom and wedding season came around I'd help customers with tuxedo rentals. Taking down their measurements and assisting them in choosing a tux.
Working at this company with in itself has been a complete learning experience. I walked in knowing nothing about suits and tuxedos and left with new knowledge.
My actual manager at the company was not the greatest. He was good at his job as far as suits and tuxedos, but from what I observed he had a hard time separating his work life from is personal life. Causing a lot of problems in the work place.
My co-workers were great they were the ones who taught me most of the things that I know.
The only hard part about the job was the conflict we had with our manager.
The enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working beside very competent people.
Great crew of people to work with
Department Manger (Former Employee), Boise, IdAugust 8, 2015
Helping client as a team. This job helped me hon my public speaking skills and conflict resolution. The most enjoyable part of this was helping clients find exactly what they needed and foster great client relationships.
Department Manager
Department Manager (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXAugust 7, 2015
Leading their customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing traditional business, casual clothing and accessory options designed for the upscale professional man. Understanding merchandise features, marking and fitting techniques and fashion trends to determine what type of garments are desired and advise customers about prevailing styles, new/add-on items and appropriateness of garments for particular occasions. Striving to meet sales goals and covering their personal draw in a commission based sales environment. Providing the highest Customer Service standards while maintaining a professional demeanor and personal presentation at all times. Utilizing company resources to generate traffic and maintaining customer contact to build their own book of business. Maintaining the company’s visual merchandise standards within a specific department and the overall store, including general housekeeping cleanliness. Acting as manager-on-duty when the Store and Assistant Managers are not on premises. Opening and/or close the store. Ensuring that their stores are run in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, training and coaching associates on selling techniques, supervising staff and assisting customers with issue resolution.
fulfilling place to work for.
Time management (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJuly 23, 2015
Store I worked for was not very busy and was on the verge of closing. However, it was very fulfilling helping out customers pick clothes and knowing they are very satisfied when they exit from the store. Managers were very nice and always willing to suggest how you can improve in selling clothes or how to interact with customers.
Terrible work environment where no one is happy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 8, 2015
It is an incredibly poor work environment. Upper management is rarely on the same page constantly giving conflicting messages about goals and products. Floor is often flooded and the company has taken away all incentives and sales bonuses.
Educationing my self about Mens fit
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Eeducational
Cons: No where to grown in the company
JoS.A Bank gave me the opportunity to work closely with the tailoring men's fashion. Working with professional men to grown business, I enjoyed working with charities,
Fun, friendly career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJune 29, 2015
A fun, friendly job with professional and career oriented people. This job provides you with the tools for personal and professional development.
Learning Experience
Associate Technical Designer - Sportswear (Former Employee), Hampstead, MDJune 20, 2015
My experience at JoS. A Bank taught me a lot about menswear and the details that comprise the tailored market. I was able to communicate directly with overseas factories and play an intricate role in new product. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques and expanding my knowledge of clothing construction.
Fine
Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandising (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJune 17, 2015
It was run with alot of paperwork that did not seem to have any significance - just busy work. Not salesperson friendly; very hard to meet your draw if you work fulltime so salespeople did not want to be scheduled for many hours.
We learned the art of team support.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), The Villages, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Always enjoyed going to work
Cons: Part time employees do not share in company benefits.
JoS. A. Bank was a staple in my wardrobe during my professional
career, so when I applied for employment it was a natural fit. The products stand the test of time and most of our clients in The Villages (retirement community) were customers during their professional careers. Our 6 member staff opened the store in 2008 and stayed together for over 5 years. We learned the art of team support in all aspects of the day. Inventory control, displays, shipping and receiving, supporting one another in driving sales and dealing
with the challenge of tailoring suits for older clients with body types that were not always true to size. The community is very diverse and so we had the privilege of meeting clients from all over the world and they would share their life adventures with us while shopping.
The company is very customer centric and gives the employees many tools to train and educate in the art of the sale. For anyone who aspires to work in the retail business and has the goal of
migrating to the management level, this company has many opportunities for advancement.
Easy job, terrible pay
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TXJune 7, 2015
The job itself is fun. There are so many different people with a ton of different needs and you can dress them and have fun with it. If you are in to fashion it is a good job. The pay however is terrible you get paid less then any other company in the same sector of retail and are asked to work more hours then necessary because they hang on to archaic job practices. My direct supervisor is amazing and very accommodating but the executive leadership is less then desirable.
Good people but no advancement
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), GAJune 7, 2015
Good people but no advancement - Company restructured recently. owned by Men's warehouse. MW management looking at only their pockets. Employees application is very poor.
Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility and friendly
Cons: Hours
Enjoyed working at Jos A Bank, management and co-workers were understanding and personable. Also shared a pleasant clientele with the customers.
Is a very demanding retail company
Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great clothing line, corporate meetings
Cons: unfavorable work/life balance, part time wages
Since the Merger with another company, it has been more difficult to complete day to day tasks. We still have great customers and the clothing line is great.

With the limited number of payroll hours given it is difficult most days to take a break, let alone a lunch.

The merger has opened up some new ideas and one being is that we now have corporate meetings every year where every store manager is invited to attend.
Fun, Slow Paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: Miscommunication
I have already submitted a review for Jos. A. Bank. It was a slow paced, laid back work environment. We maintained close customer relations and treated them as extended family.
Fair
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hampstead, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Auditing clothing needed to have attention to detail. Work at a required pace and meet deadlines. Standing all day lifting was required. It was a simple job but did not challenge me enough. Clean working environment.
Industry