JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 15, 2016
it a good place to work , if you in too suits and nice garments. I love their traveler shirt non wrinkle , iron free. typical day consist of calling customer to let them knows their tuxedo is ready for pick up
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
better employee relations
jobs
Sales Asst (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 14, 2016
This website has a lot of job opportunity's, you just have to put your effort in to find the job that suits you.
Great management and fun environment
Coral Gables - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 3, 2016
A typical day at Jos a Bank consist on trying to find the best suit or separate for the customers take measures to have it sent to the tailor. I learned a great deal about customer service and satisfaction, how to become a great salesman, the managers are super down to earth best people you will ever meet will help you every step along the way co-workers are smart and friendly. the hardest part about the job is trying to make the sale but at the same time is the most enjoyable since you have to help the customer notice what is the right choice of style for the occasion.
Continuous training
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 20, 2016
Jos A Bank is a good company when it comes to product.
Continuous training
Open and close the store
Coach and train the staff
Handle customers
Inventory
Hire and fire
Pros
Good product
A place to grow
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2016
A place to grow, A place to grow, A place to grow, A place to grow, A place to grow, A place to grow, A place to grow,

• Provide leadership through example; meet store sales goals; identify work to be done; prioritize and delegate to complete daily assignments; reach personal sales performance goals. Meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
• Supervise staff and enforce compliance with company policy and procedure.
• Demonstrate how to lead customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing traditional business and casual clothing and accessory options designed for the upscale professional man.
• Instruct their staff on merchandise features including new/add-on items, marking and fitting techniques, fashion trends, determining what type of garments are desired, and appropriateness of garments for particular occasions.
Utilize company resources to generate traffic to maintain customer contact and to build their stores’ book of business.
Great place to learn customer service
District Manager (Current Employee) –  NJJune 4, 2016
Interaction with customers are always fun. Finding good people to work the long hours and low pay can be a tough. It has been really slow in store due to changes since being acquired by MW.
review is written
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2016
my co-workers good to work with a very competetive atmoshere i learned a great deal on my own including how to do alterations no structure instructions of any little information on products some dvd's on company history and lessons on how to sell
Pros
close to home great managers
Cons
overcrowded with goods run down appearance
commision job
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 25, 2016
working at Jos A Bank has been very interesting so far. We get paid on commission but the store is hardly ever busy, so it is a hit or miss with the sales.
Customer service out the window
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMay 25, 2016
Beginning with the purchase of Jos A Bank by The Mens Wearhouse in 2014 the company has shifted its focus away from Customer Service in favor of getting the highest average dollar trasaction per customer.
Productive and fun work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJMay 24, 2016
A typical day of work involved fitting and selling suits to customers. I learned to effectively sell items to customers.

Want to know more about JoS. A Bank?

Ask a question
I like my team
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 5, 2016
I am lucky that I have a good co-workers.
I have a wonderful management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the grateful customer
Pros
Sometimes free pizza
Cons
I do not have any windows in my department
Rewarding work experience
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 13, 2016
It was rewarding to make customers happy by helping them find the right products. There was opportunity for advancement. Managers were understanding, and easy to work for. However, they did not always posses the best managing skills in dealing with problems. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, and had the same goal of achieving high sales for the store. The turn over rate was high, and it was difficult to find quality employees. The pay was not great, and some of the procedures in place by the company made the job harder than it should have been.
Pros
Customer service experience, Rewarding job, Learning experience
Cons
Low pay for high job expectations, Not an overall great corporation
Ok place to work
Sales Associate and Tailor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAApril 9, 2016
The pay is not well but it is a great job for a high school student/graduate. Great to gain experience in the sales field. The job is not challenging and therefore can be boring at times.
Just cared about their work to be done.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 8, 2016
Management just cared to get their work done, always pushed, I could not take breaks sometimes and they were still not happy. Always did more then they asked, always changed what they wanted. Management got changed all the time.
Overall terrible company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 24, 2016
I'm just gonna list everything I feel is a joke about this company. And I hope somehow their corporate HQ reads this.

First off when I started working here it was great, I had management helping me, and the customers were awesome to work with.

I soon switched to a store located in Naples, FL. Worst mistake ever. Management was a joke. I was interviewed by the new regional for a full time position. The regional claimed that he "never hires anyone full time" until they prove them self otherwise... That was the first problem. Second problem was that somehow someway it took them over a week to get me into their computer system to be able to ring people out. A friend of mine worked at another location and went back to Banks around the same time and it took him a day to get his log in. So with no number, I had to work a week at $5 an hr with absolutely no commission or any reimbursement for the sales that I had lost. Not to mention, during that time, my so called "store manager" told me that he would be the one to help throw me some sales to make up for the lost money that first initial week back. Which he didn't. He never threw me a sale. He would take sales, knowing that he makes about 70K a year, but continued to take his 3% commission instead of helping me or anyone else in the store.

That was just the beginning. As time went on I started to learn that he didn't know his job one bit. He would have other managers close on certain days so he could have them do his paperwork. He would harass me about the other location I worked at, asking questions that did not pertain
  more... to his store or way of working. He would make you do uncomfortable things in the store with customers because that's how he felt it needed to be done. The best part was, he claimed and claimed that he was the reason that the store had turned around. Sadly every employee he has hired (that didn't work there before he came) has either walked out or quit. Before he came the store was doing about 1.8M a year, and about a 150% on travelers crease. Since then the store volume has dropped to about 1-1.2M a year and the travelers crease is at about 50%.

The one thing I found most interesting about this company though, is the lack of knowledge of their employee's at corporate. No background checks are done. NONE. No drug screenings are done. Absolutely nothing is done, and this is a corporate company! One of my managers was a child offender... HOW DO YOU LET SOMEONE LIKE THAT WORK IN A STORE? And let them work there for at least 2-3years none the less.

Ever since men's wear house bought them, things are a night mare. Terrible pay, and unhappy customers, with absolutely no way to make good money (unless you are working by yourself) and absolutely no room to grow and move up in the company.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Where do I begin?
Abandon Ship!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2016
Jos A Bank in in the process of liquidating almost 100 stores and closing their doors.
EVERYONE at Jos Bank is looking for a new job or just retiring. The Jos A Bank name and reputation is through.
It is a horrible work environment so don't even bother working there...but do wait for liquidation sales coming soon!
Pros
Weekly pay check
Cons
Total apathetic culture...
Better since Men's Wearhouse took over
Department manager (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAMarch 14, 2016
If you can work with the public, have great taste in men's clothing and are ready to work very hard - Jos. A. Bank is a great place to work.
Easy place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMarch 9, 2016
It is an easy and comfortable place to work in, however, the salary is not very competitive and you either get paid your hour salary or the commission not both. There is also not a lot of room for overtime or many growth potential within the store
Pros
easy going
Cons
not a lot of potential for growth
Nice place to work
Director of Inv. Control and Merch. Acctg (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, MDMarch 7, 2016
Great Co-workers and professional environment. Work/Life balance is pretty good most of the time. Relationship between corporate office and stores/warehouses is good.
Pros
Free Soda in the office
Nice working enviroment
seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hampstead, MD 21074March 4, 2016
Great leadership, team work, and very organized.
I learned how to do different task in a warehouse.
Management was very professional.
Co-Workers was the Best team members.
The hardest part of the job was the traveling around the warehouse.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
location

2.8