JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 20, 2017
loved my manager at the Summerville location.
enjoyed coming into work everyday.
loved doing floor-sets & working one on one w/ customers.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIFebruary 18, 2017
Great job to learn valuable and high end professional service skills and decorum. I valued the high end service and learned alot about skills and sales as well.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not getting properly trained
Boring
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 14, 2017
- Makes sale plans
- Training is based off videos
- Management isn't helpful
- It reaches an older generation so patience is key
- Tuxedo rentals is a big factor but comition is low
Cons
closing stores
Sales job with no benefits
Student (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I wore a suit in 80 degree weather, handled customer issues, received merchandise, sold product to business owners. I was in Management so I worked tirelessly to make sure all my customers were taken care of above and beyond.
Pros
Sales Experience
Cons
Pay
Positive working environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 3, 2017
JosaBank is a very positive place to work. I've enjoyed my 9 plus years with the company. The upper management is in touch with it's employees, giving them the information and tools to be successful. The workplace is serious, but also fun. The majority of JosaBank employees love to come to work and tackle the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smile on the faces of customers who have had a pleasant shopping experience in our store.
Pros
Positive working environment, benefits, understanding upper management.
Cons
Limited advancement.
Avoid. Period.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJanuary 31, 2017
I worked at an outlet store and they closed all of those so that shows how they handled those stores. We were not put in a position to succeed and we were grossly underpaid as well.
Jos a bank isn't the same as it once was
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 31, 2017
I was at Jos a bank for 4.5 years, the company went downhill when men's warehouse purchased it in 2014. Pay was cut from 12.00 hr to 8.00 for a assistant manager and 9.00 to 5.00 for a sale associate. They created a staggered pay sale to justify the cut saying it is estimated that you will make 1.5 times minimum wage, that's great if the customers come and purchase. They don't allow you to take time off due to constant black out periods at the same time making policy that doesn't pay you out for unused time.
Fun & comfortable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2017
I had the luxury to work with a down-to-earth manager. He was extremely outgoing and made the work place comfortable. Also made his employees feel at ease, which made it that much easier for me to learn how to interact with customers so that it wasn't forced or pre-written. I learned how to approach people more comfortably.
Well...its a job....not a career enviroment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 19, 2017
I too have worked for this company prior,I will say the structure is better. The pay scale is low for commission sales. The work environment could be better if you have a good team leader,lots of little clicks within ,so if you are not liked things can be challenging for you.Scheduling is unfair, meetings on your off days and many other practice's that deemed to be frowned upon is overlooked. Middle management is just that,no real sense of unity created but lots of separation. Upper management is clueless about the leaders they have in the field and should you file a complaint it goes unresolved. A few EEOC violations,but if you need a gig this will do till you find a company that rewards on merit not popularity.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No real order is enforced
Do not work here
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Been an employee for 4 years here and its just gotten worst. Pay sucks for any position, benefits are expensive and cover only so much. The management is terrible, they do not promote within the company. Constant problems with payroll and paychecks. Before Mens Wearhouse came into the picture the comapny was great to work for.
Pros
Customers, fellow associates
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, promotions, respect.
Personally, not really my field
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 5, 2017
The pay is low, you work very long hours and the training is on the fly, there isn't any time set aside for training.
Hourly wages are low especially for management, and the commission structure is okay, nothing to get excited about.
Pros
good discounts on clothing
Cons
low pay, long hours
Retail sales
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 7, 2016
Long hours on your feet. working nights, week-end and holidays. Never a set schedule - hard to plan a life - Hard work for very little money - nice discount on clothes
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours on your feet - work evenings, week-end and holidays
Fast paced
Executive Salesman (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJDecember 1, 2016
Retail company great fast paced enjoyed the experience of working with people and learning new things. You have to work hard there is room for advancement
Retail at its best
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALNovember 17, 2016
Everyday is a new day, you are challenged to be the best you can be always. Tailored brands gives you the tools to become successful at your job. You feel very appreciative. Its a place to start out in a keyholder position and then the skies the limit.
Pros
Ability to make more than just your salary
jos a bank
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2016
a typical day of work involved overseeing all facets of the store and employees duties. what working at the company taught me was the need to stay organized and multi task. management for the company is in flux and constantly changing policies. my co workers where diverse and one of the best part of my job. .The hardest part was dealing with hr issues
productive & fun environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing your providing someone with excellent service, while putting them in garments that they will own for 10 + years. Ive learned basic tailoring & better management skills here . The hardest part of the job is being a problem solver to an assortment of different scenarios/situation.
Pros
discount on high-end clothing, and full benefits
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule.
A more prestigious but relaxed retail job
Sales Associate/Temporary Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2016
All the ups and downs of a retail job with a higher class of customer.
Relaxed pace with an emphasis on precision.

Generally competitive environment but with strong practices in teamwork.

I absolutely love being able to dress up and model our clothing.

There's nothing particularly difficult about the job, but it can be exhausting to be on your feet all the time in dress shoes.
Pros
extreme discounts on merchandise, Flexible scheduling
Cons
no Benefits unless in management, not many advancement opportunities, not many hours
Run
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 27, 2016
This is not a company who cares or wants better for employees. Goals are unrealistic. New clothes are not what customers are looking for and they discontinued what our customers want.
Pros
A paycheck while seeking another job.
Cons
Everything involved
Productivi place to grow
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 3, 2016
A good environment and work place. Great people and customer service!! Management is super attentive, helps customers to their best needs.
Productive and fun place to work and learn.
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 17, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JoS. A Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8