JoS. A Bank

JoS. A Bank Employer Reviews

Hostile Work Environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2014
Management tells you how you are bad at your job and that they can walk circles around you. Hiring management lies about compensation.
Great Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to build a great wardrobe is endless
Cons: commission structure, wages, benefits
A typical day at work entails providing superior customer service in a fast paced environment. I assist customers with selection and purchasing of fine clothing and address customer concerns as they arise. As a manager, I am facilitating new employee training, performance evaluation and suggesting course of action for improvement.
One of the many things – more... learned on the job is that first one must seek customers to sale to. Secondly, one should always know the proper questions to ask potential clients to build good rapport. Next each employee must be able to layer all the merchandise in the store. This skill is beneficial when customers are less experienced with building ensembles. Lastly, one should always extend themselves beyond what the customer asks of them.
Management in the company is fair. However, this can change depending on the location.
The most challenging aspect of this job is managing concurrent responsibilities including customer and employee needs. Additionally, it can be physically taxing to stand an entire 8-12 hour shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the endless opportunities to interact with people from all different backgrounds. – less
Not the worst, but can be significantly improved.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great product that makes it easy to sell, easy to track sales numbers and solid rewards program for top sellers.
Cons: odd commission draws that make it hard to to earn commission for smaller volume stores.
The biggest problem with this company is that it has trained its customers to to only look for sales due to them rolling out a new big sale every few days. Somewhere along the line they determined that it is best for promotions and marketing to do their sales rather than their salesmen.
jos a bank
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: pay
An extremely busy/fun place to work, with high-end customers. Good employees,PTO.
n/a
Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
stedy work environment great mangement great co workers great location
Enjoyed my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, ALJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed most everything about my job there at Dillard's. I built many relationships with coworkers and customers, but there wasn't a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Quality retail chain for quality people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: communication skills, learning work space cleanliness
Cons: too short of lunch breaks (30 minutes), constantly on your feet for 8+ hours
Working at Jos. A Bank was enjoyable at times but the retail line of work is not for me. I was successful in selling the products but I couldn't sell to some people as well as I could others given how expensive that the items were. I know how tight money can get for me, so my conscience gets the better of me when I very obviously see the struggle in – more... an individual to hand over $300 for a couple suits. The product was definitely good quality and worth the money in every way, I just wish I could have helped those that struggled to afford it better. – less
wedding specialist
Formal Wear Specialist (Former Employee), Homewood, ALJuly 19, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: inconsistent
This was an okay job. The job required for you to do extensive work, with little return in compensation.
Working with the public
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 7, 2014
Showing customers the correct type of wardrobe. Not enough management support.
Enjoyable to work for
Senior Managing Tailor (Former Employee), Millbury, MAJune 29, 2014
Pros: nice customers
Cons: non supportive manager
I enjoyed working for this company. I liked meeting all of the clients and picking out things for them to wear and then tailoring them.
A nice place
Department Manager (Current Employee), Hoover, ALJune 19, 2014
Great people to work with, fun atmosphere. Easy work.Great management.
Great staff to work with - makes the job fun
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexible on scheduling, commissions nice during busy times of year, benefits for full time employees
Cons: pay is low when not christmas time or father's day
I really enjoy teaching people about suits. When anyone enters the store I want them to have a comfortable and positive customer service experience.

When it comes to weddings I feel the groom's experience should be comparable to a bride's experience when selecting an outfit for their special day. I try to make the experience fun and enjoyable for the – more... men that enter the store.

Overall I like the atmosphere in which I get to help people make decisions on their attire. It pleases me to help those who need to learn how to tie a tie and when it's appropriate to wear specific clothing options. – less
Bad
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 18, 2014
I didn't much enjoy working a Jos. A Bank. It was dull to work in retail.
Productive and friendly work environment, encourages teamwork in everyday store operations.
Department Manager (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day will consist of receiving stock from warehouse, making sure it is scanned into store inventory and then putting it out on the floor, selling our product to clients and maintaining a clean friendly environment. While working at the hoboken store i learned what it took to be an effective manager, from dealing with unruly customers, – more... to disciplining inappropriate behavior from salesman. My coworkers were amazing and easy to get along with, even though the job is commission based, it never felt like it was an unhealthy competition for sales, everything was fair and hard earned. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with wedding parties especially if you are handling multiple parties. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing how satisfied customers are when they are happy with the results. – less
No work life balance in retail
Department Manager/Sales Executive (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2014
None Too many holidays and weekends. Not employee or customer oriented
My review of Jos. A. Bank
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Newnan, GAJune 9, 2014
There really is no such thing as a typical day at Jos. A. Bank. Everyday is a new challenge and a new adventure. I have learned to wow people with customer service. I enjoy my co-workers but the hardest part of the job is the time away from my wife and two children. I miss a lot of events. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a customer light – more... up when they know they look good. – less
Professional and enjoyable place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJune 9, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company as an asst. manager/key holder. The only negative thing is the rate of pay for the job required.
Productive and very busy
Tailor Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Fort worth,TXJune 4, 2014
What i learned at Jos a Bank was to not let no one take advantage of me , and the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers and at times not knowing what to do or where to turn.
Cool
Department Manager/Key holder - Part-time (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJune 4, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: you work a lot around the holiday
I love my job. It gets kind of busy at times. You keep up with the new suit fashion and the meet cool people in the area.
My first job as a teenager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2014
This was my first go at having a job at 17 years old. I honestly should have never been hired, I feel as though I was completely unprepared for everything that was thrown at me.

1 2 3 4 5

About JoS. A Bank

Perfectly Suited Careers. As one of America's premier clothiers, Jos. A. Bank is the perfect fit for people with the passion – Read more