JoS. A Bank

JoS. A Bank Employee Reviews

Educationing my self about Mens fit
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UtahJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Eeducational
Cons: No where to grown in the company
JoS.A Bank gave me the opportunity to work closely with the tailoring men's fashion. Working with professional men to grown business, I enjoyed working with charities,
Fun, friendly career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmond, OKJune 29, 2015
A fun, friendly job with professional and career oriented people. This job provides you with the tools for personal and professional development.
Learning Experience
Associate Technical Designer - Sportswear (Former Employee), Hampstead, MDJune 20, 2015
My experience at JoS. A Bank taught me a lot about menswear and the details that comprise the tailored market. I was able to communicate directly with overseas factories and play an intricate role in new product. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques and expanding my knowledge of clothing construction.
Fine
Assistant Manager/Visual Merchandising (Current Employee), Oxford, MSJune 17, 2015
It was run with alot of paperwork that did not seem to have any significance - just busy work. Not salesperson friendly; very hard to meet your draw if you work fulltime so salespeople did not want to be scheduled for many hours.
We learned the art of team support.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), The Villages, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Always enjoyed going to work
Cons: Part time employees do not share in company benefits.
JoS. A. Bank was a staple in my wardrobe during my professional
career, so when I applied for employment it was a natural fit. The products stand the test of time and most of our clients in The Villages (retirement community) were customers during their professional careers. Our 6 member staff opened the store in 2008 and stayed together for over 5 years. We learned the art of team support in all aspects of the day. Inventory control, displays, shipping and receiving, supporting one another in driving sales and dealing
with the challenge of tailoring suits for older clients with body types that were not always true to size. The community is very diverse and so we had the privilege of meeting clients from all over the world and they would share their life adventures with us while shopping.
The company is very customer centric and gives the employees many tools to train and educate in the art of the sale. For anyone who aspires to work in the retail business and has the goal of
migrating to the management level, this company has many opportunities for advancement.
Easy job, terrible pay
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), TXJune 7, 2015
The job itself is fun. There are so many different people with a ton of different needs and you can dress them and have fun with it. If you are in to fashion it is a good job. The pay however is terrible you get paid less then any other company in the same sector of retail and are asked to work more hours then necessary because they hang on to archaic job practices. My direct supervisor is amazing and very accommodating but the executive leadership is less then desirable.
Good people but no advancement
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), GAJune 7, 2015
Good people but no advancement - Company restructured recently. owned by Men's warehouse. MW management looking at only their pockets. Employees application is very poor.
Fun workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, PAJune 5, 2015
Pros: Flexibility and friendly
Cons: Hours
Enjoyed working at Jos A Bank, management and co-workers were understanding and personable. Also shared a pleasant clientele with the customers.
Is a very demanding retail company
Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great clothing line, corporate meetings
Cons: unfavorable work/life balance, part time wages
Since the Merger with another company, it has been more difficult to complete day to day tasks. We still have great customers and the clothing line is great.

With the limited number of payroll hours given it is difficult most days to take a break, let alone a lunch.

The merger has opened up some new ideas and one being is that we now have corporate meetings every year where every store manager is invited to attend.
Fun, Slow Paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: Miscommunication
I have already submitted a review for Jos. A. Bank. It was a slow paced, laid back work environment. We maintained close customer relations and treated them as extended family.
Fair
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hampstead, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Auditing clothing needed to have attention to detail. Work at a required pace and meet deadlines. Standing all day lifting was required. It was a simple job but did not challenge me enough. Clean working environment.
Productive work place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee), Destin, FLMay 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment. Great employee discounts.
Cons: Low wages, inconsistent work schedule
Great place to work. Excellent employee discounts on suits. Average day consists of daily chores of the store. Exceptional customer service is the main focus. Great customers and the experiences with them make the work overall satisfying.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Can be slow
I only work part time so I'm not sure of the benefits provided, But i like the professional environment and helping customers find a suit that best fits their needs. It is very fun matching and putting looks together however there has not been much business lately. I enjoy working with my manager and co-workers.
Average Place/Average Pay
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Highland Park, ILMay 8, 2015
Pros: Good Pay if one meets Quota
Cons: Upper Managment sucks
Commission Based, So how many hours you worked or made was based on how much you sold. Part time Associates will do every thing tasking wise while managers are provided with every opportunity to sell.
Jos Bank is a terrible company to work for.
Dept Mgr (Current Employee), Estero, FLMay 7, 2015
They have great staff, but all are terribly underpaid. They have way too many sales and the sales are confusing to the public and employee's. The quality has deteriorated since the 90's.
Difficult transition company still stuck in old fear based motivation
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2015
Retail hours, great product to sell. No support from corporate JAB level. Assistant managers and sales associates are not compensated in a fair way and that needs to change. Atmosphere all depends on the store manager, some are great some are horrendous. Company does not do enough to promote a positive corporate culture. Use the "well its retail" line to excuse atrocious treatment of some employees and to justify a 75% turnover rate.

Hopefully change is coming with Mens Wearhouse merger but it has been slow and it is difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Good place to work if your management.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), MichiganApril 21, 2015
The Management at the store is good, but overall management does not care about the lower positioned workers which is causing big problems.
Fast paced work environment. Great for people with no lives or family.
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), USAApril 11, 2015
Love meeting new clients and building relationships with them.
Co-workers are great. Great learning experience. Extremely long work hours, No life work balance. Do not get compensated for all the stress the company causes.
Fast paced,lively place to work,enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TexasApril 2, 2015
Overall working for Jos A Bank was a fair experience. The customers were always pleasant, the coworkers made the job what it is,a diverse group of people for a common goal.
Great customer service and high quality clothes
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work is working with customers giving great customer service and making sure they leave happy. Called customers about sales and promotions.

1 2 3 4 5

About JoS. A Bank

Perfectly Suited Careers. As one of America's premier clothiers, Jos. A. Bank is the perfect fit for people with the passion – Read more

JoS. A Bank Salaries