Joslin Diabetes Center Employee Reviews

Cool place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
It's nice to work at Joslin Diabetes Center. The salaries for postdocs are low, but it is low everywhere so this is not the fault of Joslin Diabetes Center.
toxic work environment with no room for growth
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
Horrible work environment with no proper management. Coworkers can get away with multiple errors/mistakes with no repercussions. No room for growth and no acknowledgment of good work. Getting to know the patients is the only pro working here. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
lack of management, pay
Challenging but rewarding
Director, Clinical Research & Decision Support (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2017
Typical work at Joslin is challenging due to the system limitations. This, however, creates opportunities for an industrious individual to look for and work toward solutions. These solutions can be highly rewarding and will be noticed at all levels of the organization.
Little room for growth, unfriendly work environment
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2017
Expect employees to work hard and prove themselves but do not want to reward them. Little team environment and unfriendly work environment. Most enjoyable part of job is working with the patients.
unfair
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
this place is really unorganized the manager doesn't really work with you at all. They have the new people do all the new work and for the people that's been there longer they have a choice to weather they want to try a new project
Overall this has been a great experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMay 3, 2017
Joslin diabetes center is a very busy atmosphere. I learned a lot pertaining to endocrinology, so this was a great experience. The best part of the job was was the interaction with the patients.
Needs work on a lot of things, managment especially.
CMA (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 21, 2017
It was an ok pace to work for a first job to get experience, the first manager was very good, then we got a new manager and no one liked her. She was not very nice.
amazing place to work with incredible people
Executive Assistant/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2017
By far this was one of my favorite jobs.

The 2 VPs I worked directly for were amazing. They were very self sufficient but I felt comfortable with asking questions and doing follow ups.

the work load was usually pretty steady. I knew my place and what was expected because it was clear and training was good.

the workplace culture was good and everyone seemed to get along great helping each other at all times as a team.
Pros
benefits, management, pay
Cons
cant think of any
It was good while it lasted
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2016
Very unorganized , don't train you properly
My time being there was good while is lasted. But it only helped as an experience - horrible
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Horrible staff leaders -
Educational, patient cenetered
Research Assistant / Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2016
I really enjoyed being part of the patient care team. The nurses, physicians thought as well as providing care, I learned so much about the care being provided. I really love to learn and have those resources right there at your finger tips made working there very exciting.
Pros
Educational, patient cenetered
The perfect hive!
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2016
It was always a pleasure coming to work at Joslin Institute! I start my day with coffee and emails, like I sure every other office worker bee does. I follow-up on any pending assignments; run our daily reports, return phone calls, and make sure I keep this office running smoothly.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
On call everyday
great place to work
Program Coordinator(Diabetes Technology Program) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 9, 2015
Joslin Diabetes is a great place to work, co-workers and providers are excellent to work with. I enjoying helping out patients in making sure needs are met. The pay is not so great.
understaffed
Certified Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 12, 2015
Too many patients too little time. Lunch breaks were catch as catch can. It was a woefully under served population. There were documents in the clinic that were very out of date, but we were forced to keep them.
Pros
The Joslin name
Cons
harried environment
Great service level, people oriented environment
IT Service Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2015
Potential for great learning experiences with a supportive staff who are welcoming and accommodating. The department is fully supporting the overall needs of the organization by providing A+ quality services.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Parking shortage
A place where hard work was rewarded by promotion.
Joslin Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2015
I started as a receptionist, It was a steady pace, but very professional. I was able to do my job efficiently and also ask questions during my break time, or down time, I learned very quickly and assisted other claims adjusters, After 1.5 years I was given additional responsibilities, and then shortly after a nice raise with a promotion. I enjoyed moving into the corporate office, it was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every moment of it. I worked with 4 others we were a good team, with a good supervisor. I enjoyed establishing relationship with the different medical carriers, and well as the multiple number of claimants.
Pros
If you had 0-3 errors on claims per 100 you would receive a DD gift card.
Cons
Company leaving Boston and moving to Carolina.
fun workplace
Meeting/Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BostonJanuary 26, 2015
I liked the interaction with everyone Doctor's and everyone in the medical field.

I have learned a lot with everyone in general ,I gain a solid fondation of management,negotiation etc.

The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't work more due to school assigments.
Pros
no free lunch but good place to work at
Cons
good place to work
workers are devoted day-to-day jobs.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2014
people's pace is faster than other clinic

I

workers have smiling faces

IT staff are fewer then expected

Our IT team makes much more projects than previous IT team
with less spending.
Pros
IT staffwork and help each are devoted to day-day other
Cons
IT budge seems fewer than needed
Mission Driven and Inspiring
Vice President HR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2014
The Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston is fantastic place to work. I've had great jobs, but I was even more proud to work a Joslin.
Many providers who care deeply for their patients
Pediatric Clinical & Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2014
Longwood Ave is a difficult place to commute too. Poor access by train and ridiculously expensive parking for drivers.

Office hours are good. M-F for most all employees and all federal holidays.

It seems like there is a poor allocation of funds. There were no bonuses this year but there was money to remodel all the administrative offices.
Head Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 19, 2013
Enjoyed working and learning about Diabetes and Thyroid dx. Helping patients and co-workers . Management was very nice. I enjoyed all of it except when starting sending me to afar away office.
Pros
Nice co-workers, and patients
Cons
long drive