Jostens Employee Reviews in United States

It's a job
Plant Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 20, 2016
Long hours during depending on the season, summers have short hours, during spring, fall and winter you might get time off.
Was a good job to have while in search of a career.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 17, 2016
A typical work day consisted of returning phone calls, answering phones, filing paper work, preparation for traveling, helping customers, and various computer work. I learned how to manage an office, deal with upset customers, and how to work various computer programs. The management above me was horrible in the fact that they were inconsiderate of my school work and internship I also had to complete outside of work. I was hired on as part-time, expecting to work part-time and was somewhat forced into working full-time while trying to go to school. Co-workers were very lazy and put work off on me. The hardest part of the job was getting all the work done that needed to be done. I had a work overload and could not keep the boss happy because I could not get all the work complete with little help. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with nice customers that were understandable of situations.
overall ok
Hand Picker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 4, 2016
only thing that I did not like about the company was the yearly lay off's. if it wasn't for that im pretty sure I would still be with the company
Order Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 23, 2016
day to day there wasn't much variance, I learned almost everything about the various departments, and whatever i didn't know, i could find out. the best thing about jostens was that instead of it feeling like just another job, they made me feel like i was part of the jostens family.
seasonal work great benefits
prinergy operator (Former Employee) –  State College, PAApril 7, 2016
No one standing over you while you do your job,but close if you needed them.Great co -workers. I learned more about working on computers.
Pros
seasonal
Cons
company closed here.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 22, 2016
Great company to work for. Fun to learn, easy to associate with parents and students. Will work for this company for a while.
productive fun place to work
Bindery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 20, 2015
I cut and fold of all printed material. insured that all things that left the bindery were of specific code. this company did a lot for the community and was helpful for those who were in need of a job
Good work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 22, 2015
This job was a temporary seasonal job. I performed stocking, data entry, and product quality control. The environment was very upbeat and my co workers were a joy to work with. It was a good experience and helped further my computer skills.
Fun
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNOctober 8, 2015
The time of service provided was fun and educational. I enjoyed my time there and there were a lot of changes going on during my time of employment, but I did enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
Close to home, fair pay
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities, poor management
No decent pay and seasonal suck hours- decent bennies-
Representative Back Office Sales and Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 18, 2015
Decent CEO but they work you when and however long they wish. This also means lay-off in the summer and scraping by until you get back to work and are double charged for the bennies you hadn't paid for on lay off---yay! You are tracked every minute of every single day literally. Every thing you say and do is recorded. =-) Yay!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Seasonal-summer- famine/starvation season is real here.
Super easy, just boring
PGA pack team member (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would go to my station, pick up a box of anywhere from 4-18 individual packs that I will have to package. I need to make sure all the parts are in the pack and then I grab a box and put all the parts into the box then send it to shipping.
Pros
easy, fast
Cons
coworkers, boring
This job wasn't bad at all
Year Book/Press Editor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 13, 2015
Typical day would be go in and work on yearbook pages. You were busy from time you got there till you left. Management was pretty easy going, you can tell they cared. Co workers were nice. Hardest thing about job was knowing it was just a seasonal job.
Pros
management
Cons
seasonal work
Fun environment to work, but very little upward mobility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles & San Diego CAAugust 4, 2015
Most weeks we would hold events at our accounts. Offering our products directly to our customers. At times we would assist in receiving products within our accounts' warehouses. Occasionally I would assist in attracting new business to our territory. On a daily basis we would contact our accounts to check-in, order marketing and products, and facilitate their needs.

This job has taught me how to be more flexible and to be able to adjust on the fly. The position taught me to hone my sales and marketing skills. Working as a team was an integral part of my day-to-day process. Whether it was working with our accounts, my co-workers within my territory, or with my co-workers in our home office. Being able to work well with all parties enabled me to provide the best service to the customers I served.
Pros
Great co-workers and wonderful accounts.
Cons
Organizational structure and upward mobility were lacking.
Productive and Fun place to work
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 29, 2015
I worked on a line in the bindery department putting the yearbooks together for schools. I learned how to operate one of the machines while I was there. The management there was awesome as well as all of my coworkers. It was a very fun and productive place to work. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only a seasonal job
Great learing experince
Desktop Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2015
A typical day was creating yearbook pages to go on to be printed, I learned how to create yearbook pages, the management was easy to work with, my co-workers were easy to work with and help out, the hardest part was sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours, the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the yearbook pages after they was finished
Productive and everyone enjoyed their job.
Temporary Sigloch Feeder (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 12, 2015
I was a temp worker, but everyone was nice and helped when you needed it. Days were easy and fun, but the breaks and lunch was short.
very disappointed
customer (Former Employee) –  Greenville ncMay 12, 2015
Had to purchase another cap and gown because of an error on their part. They didn't admit their wrong or refund my money. The school said it was paid for but they refused to provide the items to my child. Smh, glad I don't have to deal with them again. The customer service was very friendly but the representative in Greenville was uncompromising.
fun and easy going place to work
assembly bindery (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2015
qa day at work here was good i stacked book covers and inspected them in the bindery deptament the management team was great they always helping if they could the co workers were easy going got along with everyone
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 11, 2015
Friendly, fast paced work environment. A typical day was answering phones, emails, and letters for customer complaints and corrections that needed to be made. Orders and corrections would have to be entered into the systems. I learned to work together with many other CSR's and how to work as a team. Also learning how to handle the stress of an upset customer and how to make them feel better about a situation. The management was always very helpful and supportive.
Its a decent place to work with benefits and 401k
Maintenance/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  shelbyville,tnApril 11, 2015
Its a decent company to work for that has benefits and 401k. Its not a strenuous job for production and the people are rather friendly. Its a place to learn and get experience. You learn about printing presses and equipment. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the miscommunication.