Jostens Employee Reviews

production clerk
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 9, 2017
great people to work with both in the office area and on the production floor. training was professional, work hours were flexible.
awesome place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
This is a great place to work. awesome group of people to work with. I learned many new things here and would encourage anyone to work try it.
good work for season
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 28, 2016
It was a nice place to work for the season but would like a full time job. The work was easy and didn't need to be explained. Depending on the time of the year is the temp could change.
was a fun job
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 23, 2016
i enjoyed my job there. i got to do a lot of diffrent jobs there from feeding a mashean to taking them off the masheane i loved my co workers was not there tolong cause they closed down the plant i was at
Stone Setter (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 8, 2016
My daily requirements are to set stones in many different rings. Data Entry of all completed rings before it leaves my area.
Cons
Hours change a lot never get 40 hours a week
jostens was a very good place to work
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 24, 2016
i was the hardest working employee that company has seen and they laid me off because of budget. I am not holding anything against them i just could do the work of 4 employees and they still laid me off.
It was a very physical and mental job. We were always learning something new.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 15, 2016
I started working at Jostens right out of high school, it worked out for my family in the beginning so I could watch my nephew while my sister got her degree and became a nurse. I stayed because the pay was good and I could raise my daughter and be there for her.
Pros
Pd. Lunch, good benefits and chance for advancement.
Cons
Long distance to work and they left the area
great place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNOctober 7, 2016
get the work done get it at the school on time seeking full-time employment where I may utilize my knowledge skills and abilities to become a valuable employee
Cut throat culture where you can't trust other Reps in the territory
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Northern MichiganSeptember 7, 2016
Reps from the other side of the fence (Scholastic Division: Rings, Caps/Gowns, Diplomas, etc) can't be trusted. They will position themselves as the only one that can produce in the territory and then steal the business from the yearbook reps. Management doesn't back you up and throws you to the wolves without even giving you a chance. Be very careful of the internal competition.
Pros
Manage and run your own business
Cons
Other reps aren't trustworthy and lack integrity
Fun place to work
RBO Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNAugust 15, 2016
I enjoyed my job at Jostens. Very sad to have to leave. We moved over the summer and now I am looking for something closer to our new home. I worked 7-330 Monday through Friday. If something came up, management was always happy to work with you. I have great attendance and work ethic. I entered ring orders for US and Canada. The hardest part of the job would be the problem solving that came along with an order that was not filled out properly. Also, during peel time the overtime was hard to do with having children but we always made it work 50-60 hr weeks. I enjoyed everything from my co worker, bosses and over all day to day setting that Jostens provided.
Productive and easy work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 8, 2016
The staff was very friendly and easy to work with. It was a fairly relaxing work environment and was easy to juggle school and school activities along with working.
Pros
revolved around my school and other schools
Jostens
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 8, 2016
upload or make corrections on a computer using advanced digital programs, I learned to do a vast amount of corrections and new software, management lacked in communication with other tier managers and had a lack of enthusiasm for their jobs they verbally disclosed their negative opinions about the company. My co- workers were friendly, helpful but reprimanded for assisting when managers or team leaders were busy assisting others. working in a negative environment where people were unsure of their futures with the company. I made several close friends outside of the company.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
Negativity
Good Overall Company
Security Contractor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 5, 2016
Jostens is a good company that offers good benefits.The management is generally very proficient at what they do and good at handling employee conflicts.
work with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 25, 2016
Jostens is a great place to work. It is very seasonal with Christmas being very busy and spring. The summer we have layoffs since it is so slow.
Pros
awesome lunch room
its okay place to work
Temporary Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJune 17, 2016
They have no Parking for their workers that are scheduled to come in at a later time. most of the people that work their are really nice and helpful.
Pros
fun, nice workers
Cons
no parking, mean customers on phone
builds character
Caster (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 1, 2016
Normally at Jostens consist of sand blasting metal oval containers which are used to fill up with a clay like chemical substance to mold the frame so we can pour metal in side to create the rings. I learned the prose of making jewelry, management was good and my co-worker were excellent. The hardest part of the day was leaning into these giant hot ovens to load them up with the materials.
Pros
Opportunity to advance higher into company
Cons
n/a
The work atmosphere is very relax and the dress code is also very relaxed.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMay 22, 2016
A typical work day would be anything that the company want done on the maintenance side from tearing down wall paper to moving furniture. I learned a lot about the maintenance side of a company and how every person has there importance. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone was very easy going.
It's a job
Plant Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 20, 2016
Long hours during depending on the season, summers have short hours, during spring, fall and winter you might get time off.
Was a good job to have while in search of a career.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 17, 2016
A typical work day consisted of returning phone calls, answering phones, filing paper work, preparation for traveling, helping customers, and various computer work. I learned how to manage an office, deal with upset customers, and how to work various computer programs. The management above me was horrible in the fact that they were inconsiderate of my school work and internship I also had to complete outside of work. I was hired on as part-time, expecting to work part-time and was somewhat forced into working full-time while trying to go to school. Co-workers were very lazy and put work off on me. The hardest part of the job was getting all the work done that needed to be done. I had a work overload and could not keep the boss happy because I could not get all the work complete with little help. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with nice customers that were understandable of situations.
overall ok
Hand Picker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 4, 2016
only thing that I did not like about the company was the yearly lay off's. if it wasn't for that im pretty sure I would still be with the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jostens. Our community is ready to answer.