Jostens

Jostens Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 22, 2015
This job was a temporary seasonal job. I performed stocking, data entry, and product quality control. The environment was very upbeat and my co workers were a joy to work with. It was a good experience and helped further my computer skills.
Fun
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNOctober 8, 2015
The time of service provided was fun and educational. I enjoyed my time there and there were a lot of changes going on during my time of employment, but I did enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
Close to home, fair pay
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities, poor management
No decent pay and seasonal suck hours- decent bennies-
Representative Back Office Sales and Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNSeptember 18, 2015
Decent CEO but they work you when and however long they wish. This also means lay-off in the summer and scraping by until you get back to work and are double charged for the bennies you hadn't paid for on lay off---yay! You are tracked every minute of every single day literally. Every thing you say and do is recorded. =-) Yay!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Seasonal-summer- famine/starvation season is real here.
Super easy, just boring
PGA pack team member (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
On a typical day at work, I would go to my station, pick up a box of anywhere from 4-18 individual packs that I will have to package. I need to make sure all the parts are in the pack and then I grab a box and put all the parts into the box then send it to shipping.
Pros
easy, fast
Cons
coworkers, boring
This job wasn't bad at all
Year Book/Press Editor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 13, 2015
Typical day would be go in and work on yearbook pages. You were busy from time you got there till you left. Management was pretty easy going, you can tell they cared. Co workers were nice. Hardest thing about job was knowing it was just a seasonal job.
Pros
management
Cons
seasonal work
Fun environment to work, but very little upward mobility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles & San Diego CAAugust 4, 2015
Most weeks we would hold events at our accounts. Offering our products directly to our customers. At times we would assist in receiving products within our accounts' warehouses. Occasionally I would assist in attracting new business to our territory. On a daily basis we would contact our accounts to check-in, order marketing and products, and facilitate their needs.

This job has taught me how to be more flexible and to be able to adjust on the fly. The position taught me to hone my sales and marketing skills. Working as a team was an integral part of my day-to-day process. Whether it was working with our accounts, my co-workers within my territory, or with my co-workers in our home office. Being able to work well with all parties enabled me to provide the best service to the customers I served.
Pros
Great co-workers and wonderful accounts.
Cons
Organizational structure and upward mobility were lacking.
Productive and Fun place to work
Bindery Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 29, 2015
I worked on a line in the bindery department putting the yearbooks together for schools. I learned how to operate one of the machines while I was there. The management there was awesome as well as all of my coworkers. It was a very fun and productive place to work. I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
only a seasonal job
Great learing experince
Desktop Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2015
A typical day was creating yearbook pages to go on to be printed, I learned how to create yearbook pages, the management was easy to work with, my co-workers were easy to work with and help out, the hardest part was sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours, the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the yearbook pages after they was finished
Productive and everyone enjoyed their job.
Temporary Sigloch Feeder (Former Employee) –  State College, PAMay 12, 2015
I was a temp worker, but everyone was nice and helped when you needed it. Days were easy and fun, but the breaks and lunch was short.
very disappointed
customer (Former Employee) –  Greenville ncMay 12, 2015
Had to purchase another cap and gown because of an error on their part. They didn't admit their wrong or refund my money. The school said it was paid for but they refused to provide the items to my child. Smh, glad I don't have to deal with them again. The customer service was very friendly but the representative in Greenville was uncompromising.
fun and easy going place to work
assembly bindery (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 8, 2015
qa day at work here was good i stacked book covers and inspected them in the bindery deptament the management team was great they always helping if they could the co workers were easy going got along with everyone
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNApril 11, 2015
Friendly, fast paced work environment. A typical day was answering phones, emails, and letters for customer complaints and corrections that needed to be made. Orders and corrections would have to be entered into the systems. I learned to work together with many other CSR's and how to work as a team. Also learning how to handle the stress of an upset customer and how to make them feel better about a situation. The management was always very helpful and supportive.
Its a decent place to work with benefits and 401k
Maintenance/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  shelbyville,tnApril 11, 2015
Its a decent company to work for that has benefits and 401k. Its not a strenuous job for production and the people are rather friendly. Its a place to learn and get experience. You learn about printing presses and equipment. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the miscommunication.
Fast Paced Company creating moments that matter
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 2, 2015
Well known company that creates graduation products. Challenging positions and also very rewarding. Jostens is a fair company to work for and strive to not only value their customers; however, they strive to value their employees as well.
Jostens
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 12, 2015
I loved my job got to work with different Colleges selling Class rings to students. Just seeing the excitement on the students faces was wonderful. Lots of travel.
Worked to support my self
Bindery Helper (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 7, 2015
Liked working here for two seasons the hr's were good and the people were nice. The management was nice and workable.
Would liked to have stayed there longer but it's hard to get on perment there.
Pros
nice peope
Cons
non
Customer service
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 5, 2015
I enjoyed working there a lot. I enjoyed the customer service as well as all my co-workers. It was hard when angry customers would call in be I always managed to stay calm and get them taken care of.
Great work environment
DATA ENTRY (Current Employee) –  Fort CollinsFebruary 2, 2015
The job is perfect to balance school and life.
Everyone is incredibly nice and fun to work with.
This job has taught me to be way more organized then I've ever been.
Hardest part would be the sheer workload at some point and then the lack of work at others. A little more regularity would be nice.
Most Enjoyable part would be the simplicity and repetitive entry process.
I was ok
Call Center Sale & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 22, 2015
As i left most this job most of the fun benefits we got in the past got taken away from the employees. depending on the team you are on work different hours. some work from 6 am to 3pm. The RBO team works any where between 7am to 9pm. you could work overtime or saturdys. Management is always changing. the coworkers were nice.
fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 12, 2015
My co-worker are great but the call volume is not very consistent. Some days you work 8 hours and others you are sent home early.