Journey's Employee Reviews

Love to give great customer service one of my best quality.
Store manager (Former Employee), Town of Deerpark, NYFebruary 26, 2015
I would come in open the registers, go over night paper work, check emails.
Then I would make sure visuals were up to company standers. Making sure all displays were out and marketing were up to date for the day. On sundays I would do an inventory count as well as "the sunday paper work".

The hardest part of my job was getting my DM to follow up with me. There no direction give.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the selling, the customer service I was able to provide and the great team that I had.
fun work environment
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Hyannis, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on shoes
Cons: sometimes as a manager you wouldnt hit sales goal and you would lose out on commission
I had a chance to develop a strong sales team around me who made the job fun and rewarding.

During the holiday time in retail there was a great opportunity to make quite a bit of money
It's a fun and productive work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Monroe, LAFebruary 9, 2015
Week days are usually slow but the weekends are very busy.I learned how to do inventory and communicate with others. Management was pretty good. Co-workers were fun to be around. Hardest part was dealing with customers who had an attitude. I really enjoyed meeting new people everyday.
overly demanding
Co-Manager -Duties Includes (Former Employee), jackson, msFebruary 4, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and with this job, I added payroll and scheduling to my resume. I learned a lot but I did not enjoy the work environment.
fun, but unorganized
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: fun work place
Cons: bad pay
co workers are great but they only employees who are paid even close to decent are store managers even co managers make minimum wage and the chance to move up is slim to none.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier, Retailer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount shoes and other
Cons: no breaks
The day was great and so were the customers. Retail is important to learn. Management sucked and employees were kids but other then that it was great.
NOT the worst Job
Assistant Manager, Duties (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 2, 2015
It was retail what can I say but it wasn't the worst job. Customers were normally nice. My management I dealt with was easy going. Job responsibility was easy the only thing that was redundant was the ledger.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), houston, txJanuary 29, 2015
great benefits and fun employees, things are just hard when it comes to maintaining your accessory goals, great dress code things and the rockets red glare the bursting with air gave proof through the night
Fun workplace Eveeryone got along well.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJJanuary 15, 2015
I Love working for Journey's, there was never a dull moment. There is always something to do to keep you on your feet. My manager was always very understanding about anything & she never made any feel like they were below her. A typical day would be clock in, & get to work; such as attend the customers, grab the shoes from the stock room, make sure customers are comfortable in there new shoes, ring them up at the register, and greet them to always come back. Hardest part of the job I would say for me would be trying to remember the sequence of how the stock numbers went for the shoes. Best thing would be to just always have something to laugh at with my co-workers. Great people.
Fairly easy with a lot of pressure to sell
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Woodburn, ORJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: being extra pushy to sell shoes
Overall working at Journey's is a very non-challenging job to have. Their sales techniques are very pushy, but easy to follow as an employee. The management puts a lot of emphasis on meeting your sales goals and if not met then you tend to get written up, but it's not difficult to achieve them. The co-workers are very friendly and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job is probably forcing yourself to be friendly to all the customers, even if they seem uninterested in your help. The most enjoyable part would probably be the workers. Like a fore mentioned are very friendly and almost always have a positive attitude.
Fun work place, loved it
Co-manager (Former Employee), White Plains,NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: i worked an average 65 hours a week
I started out as a sales associate, within three weeks of my employment I was promoted to assistant store manager. I was responsible for opening up the registers when I opened, printing the paperwork from the night before filing them and sending morning email to district. Once I opened the store I would overview the transfers that have to be sent to different store and some personal online orders. – more... As the time passes and customers enter the place of establishment, I would give my undivided attention asking them "If they needed any help?" "Would they like to see that in a size?" informing them about the different types of shoes we have. What is on sale, what is a new product, the shoe care we had, demonstrating how it is used. I would offer pairs of socks to go with specific shoes. placing online orders for certain customers etc. On days that I closed the store, when it came time to close I would count out 2 registers, make sure they had an even til, for the closing shift and the opening shift. I would send nightly email, productivity, weekly pay-roll and I would also select candidates to hire. I would delegate to associates to help with the business and customers as well as themselves. – less
great people fun to get to know different personalitys
Sales associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 4, 2014
it was fun getting to know our coworkers bonding great talking to customers about stuff we sell love giving them information about the product
Challenging but fun place work at
Sales Representative/ Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Super hyperactive place to work in, ,must have alot of energy to work here. I learned dedication and endurance in this job. Managed most of stock with the help of other stock members in the floor. awesome coworkers liberal at dress code but never disrespectful. The hardest part of the Job was taking on the Double or Triple shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the Job was coming to work.
Great job for a kid
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: standing
If you want to work 100 hours per week and this is a great job. Checks will be nice until you realize that you only average about 8 to 9 dollars per hour but after all the hours you work you can make over a grand as a co manager
Best Job I Ever Had
Co-Manager (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IANovember 21, 2014
It was always something different and kept me on my toes.
The best part of the job was being able to manage all of the part timers and watch their sales goals improve just by helping them and giving them pointers.
productive and fun place to work at and get to know co-workers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee), San Mateo, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday, getting along with customers, and having something to do all the time
Cons: not a lot of people would come
I would re-stock the shoes , fix the back room, and then come to sells for sales shoes. There would be a specific goal to make for that day and everybody has to make it. The hardest part of the job would be making the goal for the day or the week because some days would be slow. The most enjoyable part of that job would making small talk to the customers when selling shoes to them.
do not work here
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2014
I worked here throughout high school and it was the worst experience. Very unprofessional managers.
I enjoyed this type of work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, MANovember 13, 2014
I like working with the general public and working as an assistant manager at a shoe store offered a great deal of that.

It was very difficult to juggle having a life outside of work being in a retail management position. There was only one other manager beside myself, and someone always had to be there. There were times when I would go weeks on end without a single day off, my time with my family all but disappeared, and working on commission made it extremely hard to make ends meet when sales were down.

All employees under me had sales goals and quotas that had to be met, as well as my own sales goals. The employees were hourly, so they didn't have to work as hard as I did to make my paychecks. I did have a base salary, but the bulk of my pay came from commissions.
My Review on Journey's/Genesco
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: many breaks throughout the day, close to home, and the ability to meet and work with new people.
Cons: working no less than 10 hrs for 6 days of the week, only commission, very little time at home.
A typical day at Journey's included a fast pace work environment, a vast variety of customers and styles to cater to, Possibly putting up Shipment in the back room, and many different routine duties for all employees to finish before the end of their shifts. I've personally learned a majority of my work skills from this company as all of my experience came from working at Journey's for a long period – more... of time. Management is very strict on the goals we had set for our employees, always looking out for what's best for the company. The hardest part of the Job would be meeting sales goals when there's no sales being made. Retail is a seasonal job (Christmas, etc.) It can be difficult to make sales when there is no demand for the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is when sales are being made, of course. Days seem shorter, time passes quickly, the store is making money, and so are you. – less
New management is atrocious
SALES ASSOCIATE JOURNEY'S (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYOctober 15, 2014
I would assure that all display were out and arranged properly, stock any new incoming shipments, greet customers, answer questions about products, sell shoes, and cash-out customers. I learned how much I love working in retail. Old management was terrific, but new management was always trash talking all the employees and breaking rules of the company by leaving part-time employees in the store alone. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management; easiest part was selling shoes.