Journeys

supervise
escalations
shipment
returns / exchanges
fun and not to stressful
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: 40 percent discount
Cons: shortbreaks
overall journeys was an awesome place to work. However, it did have managerial problems and also had a loose structure that employees took advantage of. I learned to always stay working.
Productive and it's fun meeting people that live in the same area
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: No breaks for working part time
You go in work for four hours and have to compete in sales against all your co-workers.
You always have a goal to reach and sometimes you don't make it due to competing with last years goals
As a part timer you have to work on shipment and still meet your goal under those four hours that you work in that day.
It is a nice experience you get meeting new people that come in and it is fun to joke around and compete against all your other co-workers.
It was alright.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
It was always fun but barely any hours and no chance to advance. The staff was always great to work with thought. Very easy job.
Changing Management
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very friendly coworkers, felt more like a work family.
Cons: Frequent changes in management.
This job was rewarding in the fact that it was commission based and set people up for a competition based sales environment. However, the management changed quite a bit while I was employed here which made it harder to focus on selling product.
fun
Manager (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMay 6, 2015
i love working there coworkers are great so are the leaders. there is room and opportunity for growth. love working there met alot of different people
They have a unique vibe
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Salem, ORMay 4, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Have to wear their products
its a great work environment if you are a hipster. it really wasn't for me. their stock rooms a mess. the other employees are fun and easy to work with.
It is an amasing place to work at the managers and coworkers make it feel like home
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: The disscount is great
Cons: not enough hours are given to part timers
The manager and supervisor are great at what they do they make me feel like family. A typical day at work is supper busy no time to be wasting. The hardest part of the job is to make your daily weekly and monthly sales goal.
Up beat & fast paced work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 3, 2015
Managing sales associates
Reviewing goals in comparison to last year
Creating weekly schedules
Implementing daily tasks
Maintaining visual standards
great environment sometimes
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2015
i loved my co workers but i have to say the managment was a bit unprofessional :( stole hours, sales, hypocritical, and very childish!
Very productive
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAApril 29, 2015
I had a very challenging time as a comanager at Journeys. At the time there was no real store manager or proper staff to help out with day to day challenges.
Productive and unpredictable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FlApril 27, 2015
Depending on the day and if I opened or closed, I would count the registers and filed the daily morning paperwork. After opening I would take care of customers with anything they needed. I learned great customer service and how to work with all different types of people. I worked with the best co-workers and became very close to them. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers that got upset with something that was out of my control. Having to take control of the situation, although a learning experience, was very tough at first but got easier with the proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the different people. We got a ton of tourist and international college students, as well as the regulars, getting to know them and getting their backstory was always a highlight of my day.
Review
Sales associate (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed the work environment. There was no job security, if you did not reach your certain sales goals (even on a slow day) you would not get hours. The pay is too little for the amount of responsibilities they gave part time employees
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dalton, GA.April 8, 2015
Pros: Discount
A typical day at work includes greeting customers, helping them find the right shoes and straightening shelf displays. Communication and costumer service skills were learned at this job as well as shipping in and out shoes. Management was overall great and made it possible to work around difficult schedules such as school. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the new styles and trends coming in every season along with getting new customers with different tastes and styles everyday.
Energetic and Fun Environment to Work in
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 7, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, longer breaks, commission
Cons: long hours, inventory, lack of product
A typical day at Journeys would mainly be interacting with customers. I quickly learned how to build a relationship with my customers to provide an even better in store experience for them. Management was always pretty awesome. We were always there to answer any questions associates had and help them reach their goals. My co-workers were great people. They always had a positive and fun spirit about them. I think the hardest part of the job was making certain sales goals when days were slow. The most enjoyable part of my was getting to meet new people and make their shopping experience enjoyable. Seeing a smile on the customers face and knowing you put it there is priceless.
Didnt work there very long
Cashier (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 6, 2015
I think they have a new manager now but the old one was very mean, i only worked there for seasonal. Fun to learn some stuff about the shoes and good to get 40% discount
Productive and fun workplace with room for growth
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced, Fun environment
Cons: When store manager was no present was unable to handle returns
Job duties during the day would consist of opening the store and taking inventory. Preparing products for shipment and creating shipping labels. Assisting customers with their inquiries about our products. I learned a lot about customer service and attention to detail. My co-workers were amazing and always kept one another positive and motivated. The hardest part about the job would be when you are unable to satisfy a customer to their expectation. I really enjoyed being able to talk with customers in person and loved being able to arrange the store from time to time to that it attracted more clientele.
very fun and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 25, 2015
•providing the customer service and information on the product that they purchased

•help out with orders for customers with orders for the holidays

•stocking shoes for the store

•cleaning and maintaining organization during and after store hours
Bad Managment
Salesperson (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
The pay is entirely not enough! I really loved my job but the management was horrible.They require you to do there job and yours.Nobody takes responsibility for there own faults.
Journeys
Co- Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salary wages
I really enjoyed working there in the beginning. Once promoted to co-manager, I slowly lost interest. They work you to the bone. I received one day off a week and in the end worked more hours than my store manager a week.

1 2 3 4 5

About Journeys

Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports apparel through more – Read more

Journeys Salaries