Journeys

Journeys Employee Reviews

Retail Management
CO Manager (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 28, 2015
Sales Sales Sales. Great to interact with people and make sales but the company focuses on nothing else. Not recommended for a long term job.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 27, 2015
This job is really a fun but productive job. It is perfect for those who like sale positions and have medium to high competitive sale skills
By far the most fun job I've ever had
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 22, 2015
LOVED working at Journey's it is an awesome job if you are truly a people person and you are bound to have some great co-workers. Great memories!
college job
asst. manager (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: shoes
Cons: feet
not bad for short term positions. it kept the bills paid had fun. would recommend for a certain culture. you must like dirty feet
Awesome place to work!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Discount, wear what you want, the contest to get free things
Cons: shipment
Your day starts off making sure that the T.Vs are own and the atmosphere is fun. I learned how to really drive a sales home with out pitting pressure on the customers. the co-workers kept the good time rolling with a family feeling every time you came into work. The hardest part was putting up shipment if you work in a huge store but you could always make a game out of it.
Journey's
Assiatant Store Manager (Former Employee), new Orleans,laJuly 17, 2015
The environment at journeys was urban , you got to me new people learn and see what they like. the hardest part of the job was making a quota , i dislike the fact that they try to force their employees to force customers to buy more then what they came in there to buy
The people music in the store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJuly 15, 2015
Pros: employees
Opening and getting all kinds of different culture coming in and out of the store for different kinds of shoes everybody got along team work at all times everybody would hang out after work
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 13, 2015
I would clock in look at what needs to be done. Type the correct labels for the file folders. Organize the papers so I can properly file the papers
co-workers were great managers were ok.
Cashier (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 10, 2015
only part of this job i did not enjoy was having to sell items like socks or tshirts at a shoe store. i did not get enough hours to work. management was great and co-workers were great but there was a lot of favoritism going on.
Management is unprofessional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Pretty much everything
Working at Journey's is a good temporary job. If you are seeking a semi permanent to permanent job, forget working here. Management here is the most unprofessional of any business i have ever known. Managers, co-managers, all higher ups can fire you for no reason but they will make one up just to make you leave. The higher ups can not like you for no good reason. They can make someone a full time or co-manager for no good reason. They over work young college students and if you are deathly ill, they don't care. The only good thing is that you could make some really nice friends, and the discounts were alright.
my managers sucked
Sales associate (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: Lazy managers
i gave journeys all five stars because there culture is what made me apply in the first place. they are all really friendly and they always have great customer service. when i started working there my bosses where pretty cool but Lazy, i stayed for as long as i did because my area manager Rey would give me reasons to stay in the company.
Learning experience in sales
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 1, 2015
Great learning experience for sales in the work force. Learned about sales, how to use a cash register, and great customer service.
Fun work environemnt
Sales associate (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good discount, fun
In typical day you would become close with your customers and be able to decide what they would like and what they wouldn't. You would try to meet your sales goals and make the customer as happy as possible. You were also to do shipment twice a week. I have learned so much about customer service and tips on upselling. I love my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the slow traffic. All in all this job is amazing and everything about it is fun.
every thing from sales to cleaning the bahtroom ordering
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: as manager i worked 14+ hours a day 7 days a week for a salary that worked out to $0.691 per hour
arrive 2 hours before store open to do daily paperwork.
sale all day long .
stay 1-2 hours after close to prep shipments
the upper management was never available
the only training I got was my own on the job trial and error
Average Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jefferson Valley-Yorktown, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: easy once you get the hang of it
Cons: no hours
Not an incredibly difficult job. I worked at a store without many customers and it was usually very empty and could get very boring. My managers and coworkers were fine. The worst thing about this job is that there aren't many work hours to be given out.
Relaxed/fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 24, 2015
Cons: Sales goals
Very easy place to work. Learned a lot about sales/upselling. Lots of fun interacting with the customers. All employees are responsible for maintaining a clean work place.
Fun and exciting sales atmosphere
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Product
As Co-Manager I was the team sales leader. Showing by example I created a team of energetic, positive, and quality employees. Following the sales plan with every guest that walked into my store from opening to closing a sale. The hardest part of the job was that I was overqualified. Interpersonal communication is my natural gift and I believe it is something that cannot be taught. The most enjoyable part of my job was to motivate employees to get out there and sell themselves rather than a product. Build a relationship with the guest and the rest will come.
Fairly casual work place with great coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: relaxed work place
Cons: very few hours, low pay
A typical day consists of running drags. If it is a shipment day, another employee and I will integrate the new stock in to the old( roughly from 300- 500 pairs of shoes per shipment). If there is no shipment then I take care of customers and handle their needs.
I have learned new and effective selling techniques.
The management is fine for the most part. with any large company there are still some small problems
This is okay
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHJune 20, 2015
It could be a fun place to work. I have enjoyed my time with the 3 managers I worked under. Most sell socks you have to be able to talk to guest.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Great co-workers and management. I learned how to communicate more effectively to customers and create a relationship with them. The hardest part is meeting goals but the enjoyable part is working with the team and interacting with the customers.
Headquarters