Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,512 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 28, 2017
They are very strict on you wearing their merchandise. It was a great first job to bad the mall i was working at closed down. The work was simple amd easy.
Pros
First job
Cons
Mall closing
Great workplace and friendships.
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 27, 2017
Journeys is a great environment for young teens and when people find their first job. As a store manager I had everything intact and I would reward my staff weekly based on sales, improvements, and the standard of performance. My DM was very supportive and agreed to changes or rewards I would want to do. I feel that there was no hard part of the job, the most enjoyable was being able to find the right style and fit for the customers. The culture in my store was the same as in the adult store. The managers would get together every sunday and review all our associates, discuss what we can do to become better and improve!
Employees are friendly but manager not so much
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 27, 2017
My experience at Journeys was decent at best. I enjoyed working in retail and my former coworkers were fantastic but the female manager often took credit for work that I had done and lied about me not doing work. I'm unsure if she still works there but I wouldn't recommend working here if she is.
A lot of hours for little pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2017
Working around 60 hours a week gets tough. As a manager its going to be your responsibility to do literally everything in the store. This would normally be fine but there is a lot of work and not enough pay. The base pay is terrible and they "make up for it in commission" but during slow season, there is practically no money to be made. I felt fake and was taught to be super pushy with the product. Only thing i liked was the discount.
Pros
High discount on all product
Cons
Long hours, little pay, too high expectations.
Fun and relaxed environment, new fashions
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
Customer service, Problem solving, Team work, Stocking, Organization, keeping up to date with newest trends and fashions, making sure customers were satisfied and what I could do to assist them more or help find an alternative solution.
Pros
Convenient location, fun work environment
Cons
Downtown traffic, under-staffed
The work environment is very friendly, laid- back, and constructive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 26, 2017
The job was very convenient, although i didn't receive many benefits. The work environment is very peaceful and friendly, the managers are very hands on and helpful. i have no complaints other than that they don't pay commission,
It was a happy, goofy, and outgoing place when it came to customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 26, 2017
Journey kidz had to have a type of vibe that would make the customers feel welcomed and even though it could get hectic our team always pulled through
Pros
Getting to know the each other better
Cons
Small work space
Terrible Pay and long working hours
AREA SALES MANAGER, STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 25, 2017
Terrible company to work for unless your fresh out of college. They do not like hiring college students as managers though. Worse paying job ever. Co managers get blamed for bad business. No room to grow unless your a favorite. No raise ever!!!
Pros
Free shoes and insurance
Cons
Low wages Long hours
Culture fit my personality
Co-Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 25, 2017
Overall, a day consisted of accomplishing daily tasks that ranged from good customer service to product advertising. Being a manager/key holder of the store meant I personally had to count cash flow from the cash registers, shipment, and part-time employee training.

My team was easy to get along with and didn't shy away from performing company standard selling goals and techniques.
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
Low managerial pay
terrible manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 25, 2017
Fired for being sick and calling out one day .
Fun working with different workers and meeting new people such as customers.
Restocking shoes is the hardest part, have to climb on high ladders
Cons
changed managers
Fun work place with great management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Dartmouth, MAJune 25, 2017
Making sales is generally hard if you're as shy as I was but it's a very fun workplace with great management. every shift was exciting and new, you'll never get bored.
Pros
40% off, great management, chill
Cons
Not always super busy, too many people on the floor
my favorite job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2017
i had lots of fun working there and i enjoyed the people and company. my mangers were great and the forty percent discount off what's too bad. i would consider working there again
Pros
great people
Cons
not high pay
Great community terrible communication
CoManager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 24, 2017
Its cool for a bachelor with no plans for about a year or two. There’s a lot of butt kissing, or just flat out disrespect when it comes to work appreciation. Pay is not negotiable so when traffic is down so is your check.
Cons
Pay
My experiences working at Journeys
SALES ASSOCIATE / STOCKS (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 24, 2017
Doing jobs that weren't required or even in my job task. Co-workers lack progress. Managers lack communication and work ethics values. Too much focus was on getting their quota, than working as a team to achieve store quota.
Pros
was able to work at 17
Cons
Everything else
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 24, 2017
this is a a fun place to work in high school or as a second job but the shifts are only four hours and the pay in min wage the discount comes in handy
Pros
nice team
Cons
bad pay
Fun place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
You truly have to be a good sales person to make it at journeys. You have a quota you have to meet per day and per week. So say you exceed your quota for the day, it then rolls over into the next day, which helps your weekly quota. Overal an alright job.
Pros
40% off of shoes
the coworkers was great
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2017
new manager every 3 months and they barely knew how to do they job. so i had to leave bc i wanted to be in a different environment. the coworkers was the only good thing about the job
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 23, 2017
My typical day was coming into work and having happy work associates! We would organize the shoes while having fun and being productive at the same time! To me the most enjoyable part were the customers, coworkers, and the shoes!
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 22, 2017
management changes a lot due to the quick rates of advancement, but that being said, some of the managers should not be managers. I only quit for personal reasons and would go back in a heartbeat if asked.
Pros
discount, able to dress according to your personality
Cons
not a lot of hours unless you're management
Comptetive, fast paced enivoroment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2017
A typical day is waiting for customers to come in the store looking at what items they want. I learned to be patient with people because they may not know as much about the store. The hardest part is keep the store organized and putting items back to where they belong.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.