Journeys

Journeys Employee Reviews

Learning experience in sales
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJuly 1, 2015
Great learning experience for sales in the work force. Learned about sales, how to use a cash register, and great customer service.
Fun work environemnt
Sales associate (Current Employee), Spokane, WAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Good discount, fun
In typical day you would become close with your customers and be able to decide what they would like and what they wouldn't. You would try to meet your sales goals and make the customer as happy as possible. You were also to do shipment twice a week. I have learned so much about customer service and tips on upselling. I love my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the slow traffic. All in all this job is amazing and everything about it is fun.
every thing from sales to cleaning the bahtroom ordering
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: as manager i worked 14+ hours a day 7 days a week for a salary that worked out to $0.691 per hour
arrive 2 hours before store open to do daily paperwork.
sale all day long .
stay 1-2 hours after close to prep shipments
the upper management was never available
the only training I got was my own on the job trial and error
Average Retail Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jefferson Valley-Yorktown, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: easy once you get the hang of it
Cons: no hours
Not an incredibly difficult job. I worked at a store without many customers and it was usually very empty and could get very boring. My managers and coworkers were fine. The worst thing about this job is that there aren't many work hours to be given out.
Relaxed/fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAJune 24, 2015
Cons: Sales goals
Very easy place to work. Learned a lot about sales/upselling. Lots of fun interacting with the customers. All employees are responsible for maintaining a clean work place.
Fun and exciting sales atmosphere
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great Co-Workers
Cons: Product
As Co-Manager I was the team sales leader. Showing by example I created a team of energetic, positive, and quality employees. Following the sales plan with every guest that walked into my store from opening to closing a sale. The hardest part of the job was that I was overqualified. Interpersonal communication is my natural gift and I believe it is something that cannot be taught. The most enjoyable part of my job was to motivate employees to get out there and sell themselves rather than a product. Build a relationship with the guest and the rest will come.
Fairly casual work place with great coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: relaxed work place
Cons: very few hours, low pay
A typical day consists of running drags. If it is a shipment day, another employee and I will integrate the new stock in to the old( roughly from 300- 500 pairs of shoes per shipment). If there is no shipment then I take care of customers and handle their needs.
I have learned new and effective selling techniques.
The management is fine for the most part. with any large company there are still some small problems
This is okay
Sales Attendant (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHJune 20, 2015
It could be a fun place to work. I have enjoyed my time with the 3 managers I worked under. Most sell socks you have to be able to talk to guest.
Great Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2015
Great co-workers and management. I learned how to communicate more effectively to customers and create a relationship with them. The hardest part is meeting goals but the enjoyable part is working with the team and interacting with the customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), spartanburg, scJune 16, 2015
love this place. journeys is an awesome place to work for the people are awesome and so are managers. I was prego when I worked here and they were so good to me I loved it
Very fun and familial staff, stressful working environment
Sales Associate/ Manager (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJune 16, 2015
Pros: lenient breaks
Cons: upper management decisions
At journeys, there was always something to do. There was always something unfinished. Normally, we would just fill in display merchandise and organize visuals. I had to manage shipment in and out of the store from warehouse, other stores and individual customers. Sometimes tasking became overwhelming but that's just part of the job. The staff I managed were amazing with the exception of some. Trust was a big issue because a lot of merchandise came up missing sometimes, and having to replace staff was difficult. When it came to replacing management staff, my supervisors never hired within, which is actually only of the company's core value. And Most of time time these new hires were extremely untrustworthy. Whenever we came across a problem, my supervisor usually came up with risky solutions that could put our jobs in jeopardy. Stressful as it was working as a manger for this company, I learned a lot of made some amazing friends. I learned how to oversee a whole store and the staff within, how to delegate tasks, how to make quick on the spot decision and my communication skills vastly improved. Overall, the only enjoyable thing about working at Journeys is the staff you work with that ARE trustworthy.
Terrible workplace
Stock Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2015
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: no sick days, short breaks, over work the employees
The job is based on friendships. If you aren't in tight with management you have no chance of advancement and no job security. They work you to death with a 45 hour a week minimum and most of the time tend to keep you longer. And you can't even think about calling out, sick days or not.
Black Friday
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Ellenton, FLJune 11, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: None
On a typical day there's a minimum amount of people that comes to the store but on busy days like Friday and Saturday there's a great amount of people but we work together as a team, help with sales to get the job done
Great Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJune 9, 2015
Pros: Environment
Cons: Pay, Part-time
This has been my most enjoyable part time job I've had an has created many positive relationships in my life. I would like to keep working here part-time until I find a job that can meet my economic goals.
Fun environment but you're stuck
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 9, 2015
Dealing with customers is defiantly the best part of the day. Though i have grown with this company, the company does not offer a lot of room for advancement
Fun workplace, but not enough incentive to stay with
Store Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJune 6, 2015
Pros: Fun staff, decent pay
Cons: Upper Management
As a store manager, it's fun to build a relationship with your staff that naturally creates a fun work environment. Unfortunately the store level is where the fun ends. Not enough recognition for any good that you've done, always jabs about what to do differently. Not enough individuality "allowed", though listed in the dress code that there is some freedom, from the district and regional level you are looked down upon if you don't follow "their" dress code.
Within 1 year, I've seen senior store managers leave due to the District and Regional levels of management.
The pay is good enough to almost make working for the company worth it.
Pretty Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJune 5, 2015
Pros: Discount on everything in the store
Cons: Didnt get many hours due to seasonal and part time
Everyone was really nice at the job and the work environment would vary from relaxing and nonchalant to busy and moving quickly. I enjoyed working there even though it was seasonal and it was a great experience.
Co Manager
Co manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fun fast paced enviornment, outgoing employees
Cons: Commission, Long hours
Journeys is a fun environment. Employees are high energy, and outgoing. Being Co Manager is a stressful job. When I didn't have a store manager for 2 months the store ran wonderfully, employees and customers were satisfied, but there was no recognition for the hard work and long hours. I learned how to become more outgoing, organized, work with a team in a face paced environment. My co workers were amazing, there was hardly any issues with any of them, the problem was people wouldn't show up for work, or would constantly call in asking when they worked next. They hardly got their schedules even if I called them and told them when they worked next some wouldn't show up. The hardest part was opening and closing 4 days out of the week and nobody was working with me until late in the evening. I would sometime not get a break and work 14 hours that day. I was never allowed to leave the store unless another manager was there. I had 3 store manager quit or be fired in 7 months. There was no job security. The most enjoyable part was being in face paced work environment. Customers always seemed happy to be in the store being talked to like they are friends and the music was always good and people would come in and shop because of the music playing and they saw that people were having a good time.
Good first management job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJune 1, 2015
At first, this was a fun job where I could be myself and make easy money and moving up to management was quick but once I got to Store Manager I realized there was very little work/life balance. It's also commission job but a very low commission percentage. This is a good job for a young single person to gain experience as a manager and what it's like to run a business but not a job suited for people with families or lives outside of work.
Fun environment and Friendly people
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 31, 2015
Pros: 40% off discount
Cons: To much change in management
A typical day at work would be putting up shipment, cleaning the store, assisting guests, updating people on new products. What I learned was that I can make a difference in someones day with just giving them good customer service. My co-workers were very unique in there styles and hobbies. Hardest part of the job was helping others who didn't speak English. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others who wanted to tell me about themselves and gain a relationship with them and have them become your own personal returning guests.

1 2 3 4 5

About Journeys

Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys – Read more

Journeys Salaries