Journeys Employee Reviews in United States

Very enjoyable job
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 23, 2016
This was my first job so it was during the summer while I was out of school. Even though I didn't work here too long I really enjoyed working there, alright retail isn't my favorite.
Laid back, welcoming environment with relatable employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2016
The experience that I had at Journey's was one where I expanded my customer relation expertise by dealing with everyday people and getting know clientele on deeper levels. I learned how to handle multiple cash transactions with attention to detail in short periods of time.
Really fun place to learn the basics in the sales area.
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
It was a tremendous experience for me i met a lot of new people through out the way & learned all the basics in sales & how to run a register.
Very productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2016
You will never be just doing nothing. You will always be on your feet. Your coworkers is what makes the job fun. The hardest part of the job would be trying to convince the customer into buying the shoe if they are unsure what they want. & the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving with your goal made.
Pros
I got a discount.
Cons
Flexible changing hours.
Very Laid back enviroment
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2016
Very cool laid back job. Good job for a College student. At times it is just to laid back and becomes boring. Management is very cool since they hire from with in
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2016
a high end place that serves great food and cares about appearance and presentation they love to make sure they are taking care of there customers and handling every issue professionally
Great and fast paced place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 18, 2016
Journey's was good to me for the time that I was working there. Every employee and manager made the day better and work more fun. It was a joy to work there.
The environment was great to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2016
Sales associate. I would help customers with their purchase on picking shoes. Clean up the store. Replace items that were sold off the display.
Pros
Discounts on shoes.
Fun first job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 14, 2016
This job doesn't provide much upward movement but is a fun first job. Upper management is looking for ways to let you go instead of way to help you grow as an employee.
Not a bad place to work.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2016
Pay and benefits are not so well. Good work environment. Great for someone in high school or great as a first job. Great learning experience. Also has a high management turnover rate.
Super fun workplace with constant customer interaction!
Register, customer service, stocking (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 11, 2016
Journeys requires one-on-one customer interaction, a strong suit of mine. Organizing product placement in the back room provides a break from that, if necessary, and keeps the mind active with memory of the layout of the room and stock positioning. The staff is friendly and energetic. While some customers can be difficult (this is always the case at some point in every job), it can be overcome with simple politeness and etiquette.
Pros
One-on-one customer interaction, easygoing staff, atmosphere
Cons
Sort of old computers
Productive and fun work place, a lot of energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 10, 2016
Journeys was a very energetic work place in which you were able to connect with many different people forming some kind of rapport with the customers treating them almost as family as well as reaching your sales goals. As soon as you got to work you were to clock in and even the manager did not have a task for you to do I would then go seek out my own work instead of sitting around doing nothing, especially on a slow day without many customers. I learned great customer service and how to properly greet, assist customers throughout complete sales transactions; including cash as well as credit card processing and handling, how to perform merchandise sorting and organizing throughout the store and stock room. I enjoyed the atmosphere it provided however management could be a little better and many things are not stated clearly especially when it comes to what you can and can not do.
Fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 6, 2016
Usually on the sales floor dealing with customers. Handling inventory and day to day operations. Had to meet sale goals and deadlines.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Hours and compinsation
Fun for a while, but it becomes repetitive.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 5, 2016
At first this job seems awesome. 40% discount, 10% commission, get to work even with tattoos and piercings, but later it just all feels like a repeating thing. Job is to push as many products as possible. If you dont meet the ratios required your job would be put on the line after a certain amount of times failed. Corporate breathes down employees backs about meeting goals every hour. The pay isnt that great but its not a bad job to have for a bit. More for teens though, not so much adults, they'd fit better as a manager or co-manager.
Pros
Discount, Hourly+commission
Cons
Repeating the same things over and over, too much pressure, constantly changing managers, low pay
Customer Service
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRAugust 4, 2016
I dont like the job a lot, the co-workers was good and the management but I didnt look my self in a future in that company. I learn a lot in there too about Customer Service amd thats something I apreciate.
sales associates at journeys
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 2, 2016
The job itself is very easy but as easy as it is to be praised its just as easy to lose employement or at best shifts per week based of sales
Pros
easy, fun, diverse
Cons
low pay, lack of job security
Fun people, positive atmosphere, and an attitude that cares.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2016
Overall journeys was an blood/money hungry company. If you couldn't bleed sweat and cry for this company and do whatever it takes to make it to the top, you just wouldn't cut it. They are competitive, but often bully their employees. I worked an average of 50-60 hours a week never getting weekends off, or even two days off in a row. Even with doctors notes saying you couldn't work they still expected you to come in. Because of this job it has taken away time with my family, and time I could have used to heal from a car accident. They don't care about you as a person, just a thing that could make them money. We had 30 minute lunch breaks, but most of the time there was to much going on to have time to take a full lunch. I left the company after they became unacceptably abusive.
Pros
40% off merchandise.
Cons
Short breaks, 10-13 hour work days, no two days off in a row, high stress.
Excellent job and work place
Sale Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 29, 2016
I've always wanted to work at journeys growing up and working there was just as great as I thought it was going to be with friendly staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, ILJuly 28, 2016
When I worked at Journeys it was mostly selling shoes, apparel and accessories while also keeping the store and stockroom clean, which was hard to do considering it could never be organized in the stock room.
Rewarding and fun place to work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2016
Worked with teens on becoming better people. I learned how to work with difficult people and to have patience. My co-workers looked up to me to make tough decisions and to lead them and the kids towards positive environments.
Pros
Free lunch and helping kids succeed
Cons
Pay was very low and hours.