Journeys Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work but i need more hours.
Journeys (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 1, 2016
i enjoy working at journeys very well. the management and employees are wonderful and i get along with everyone. the stocking the room has taught me on how to locate items easy with a stock number. i have grown good with communicating with costumers as they walk in and get them what they need. overall it is a great place but i need more hours to support myself so i am looking for another job to have.
Pros
discount, commission
Cons
low hours
Typical Day
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 1, 2016
A typical day at work is opening around 9am counting the registers and preparing to open. Helping customers being pleasant and trying to up sale with every sale. Later comes an hour break, then work until we close at 9pm.
Pros
Loyal
Cons
Long shifts no days off
10/10 best job I had.
sales, sales management (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 1, 2016
I got to meet new people every day and come in with a smile on my face ready to open my store. Nothing hard about it when I was their it was my dream job so yeah nothing more to tell.
Pros
Free lunch because I knew the people
Cons
N/A
driven fun work atmospher
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 29, 2016
sales
learned the everyday needs to run my own store
loved management
tons of motivation
great staff
tough cliental
music
dancing
6 basic sellign steps!
Pros
discount
Cons
short or no breaks
Only for High School and College Students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 24, 2016
Basically, only work at Journey's if you shop there. And be prepared to be in a fast paced sales environment. There is no such thing as a raise unless you are promoted positions. I was the best worker, worked for a year, and still made minimum wage.
Pros
40% off
Cons
Few hours, no raises
Upbeat and fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 23, 2016
The environment changed at will and took on a life of its own. The hardest part of the job was selling socks which could still b and gave overcome by a willing and trying salesman. My coworkers were all upbeat and energetic and always there to help out whenever needed. My manager was great and always composed, as well as informative. She did her best to make sure we did our jobs while having fun as well.
Sales associate job
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 21, 2016
Good work environment
Good co-workers
Great products
Good location
Management and job training could be better
Low work hours
Pros
Fun co-workers with interesting personalities, employee discount, good customers
Cons
Job training is not thoroughly explained
Fun workplace and Very Productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Typical day at work- Busy helping customers who walked in and needed help with sizes..etc. I've learned how to do inventory on my own and with the help of the managers. I learned on how to be and act as a professional Assistant Manager as I needed to be. I wanted to be a great role model for my employees. I loved all of my co-workers, they were all always doing what they were supposed to be doing. Never had a hard part at the job. Loved every bit of it! Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be around the holiday's because it was so busy. My store made so much money! I sold over 1,000 shoes on the time I was there. We always met our monthly target!
Pros
Every part of the day were the pros
Cons
No cons
did not enjoy job
NC - Salesman (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 19, 2016
I didn't like the work environment. I didn't like the job description. The management and employees were excellent but I did not like the job I was assigned to.
Fast pace job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 19, 2016
This job consist of greeting customers, assisting with their wants and needs. Minds can change at any moment so just be prepared to do whatever is asked to satisfy your consumer.
It was ok.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 16, 2016
It was fun everyone got along, work was always done and finished in a good timely manner. Management was unprofessional
Productive and fun work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 16, 2016
I learned a lot about the shoe industry. I worked with a good team focused on advancing and reaching goals. The hardest part of the job is communicating customers who speak a different language. The most enjoyable part of my job was the encouraging and fun work environment.
Pros
Competition
Cons
Short breaks
fun environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 14, 2016
working here was a slow pace job which was kind of boring at times. he co-workers that I worked with was fun but didn't know how to keep it professional. The hardest part of the job was having to sell someone something that they did not come into the store for.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
short hours, low pay
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 14, 2016
Journeys was by far my favorite job. It was such a laid back and fun environment. I learned a lot about shoes and how to sell to the right customers.
great work enviroment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 12, 2016
very popluar shoe store with great affordable prices for the whole family.great company values and respect for employees great team of people to work with.gets very busy at times in such small work place easier to meet new people
Pros
great discount
Cons
small work space
Pretty Great Place!
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 12, 2016
Journey's was a pretty amazing place to work at, the atmosphere was always pretty relax and the money was good. Journeys works off of commission so if you are able to sell stuff paychecks were great
Awesome place to work at
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 11, 2016
Journeys had amazing coworkers and the best customers. They gave me the chance to have my first real job. They gave me a great experience for my first time working retail.
My Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2016
It was a fun working environment where I was able to meet unique people from different backgrounds and cultures and share my love for shoes.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
journeys
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 8, 2016
I worked for Journey's since I was a sophomore in high school. Until I got to college. I love the culture at the job and the people that come in. I really did not care for the job after years of being there because of how they conduct business. But over all great experience.
Be prepared to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 6, 2016
Every night, weekend, and holiday. I've been with other retailers and no one quite expects you to work quite as much as Journeys. I learned a lot with the company about managing which I will always appreciate. You make a base salary plus commission. So essentially anything you work over 40 hours you make 2.50 an hour roughly if you aren't selling... But you're required to work 6 days a week which ends up making your overall paychecks hourly wage go down. If they didn't expect us to work so much the company wouldn't have such a high turn over rate.