Journeys Employee Reviews

Found 1,557 reviews matching the search
Wrong company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
Website selected wrong company for my work place. Please correct this error and I will fill out info on my company's workplace environment. Thanks!!!!!
Great experince and Team Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 11, 2017
Inventory
Stock room
Customer Service
Cash Handling
online orders
team meetings

This was a great start to management experience for me. Team effort was a must to sell and be at your best.
Pros
great benefits and discount
Cons
way to many hours and not enough time off
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 10, 2017
Fun first job I learned a lot of selling tips and how to interact with customers. They are really big on sales so that taught me a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to build up they're experience with customer service.
Alright workplace, mangament needs more structure.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 10, 2017
Management was not where it needed to be. Very loose, didn't have any type of structure. Managers need to actually manage the store, Easy tasks, learned stock numbers quick, very clear rules.
productive work place safe environment
Retail Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  mcallen texasJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed this job and its flexibility to my schedule. Management was always ready to step in when needed. From this job I learned that you can get anyone to buy anything with a good sales pitch.
Pros
young population came to the store
Great place to learn salesmanship
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 6, 2017
High turnover rate with employees and co managers. Since pay is great with commission, its not too worth it if you have to run the store alone and have to work over 45 hours. I learned amazing management, training, and sales skills there. It has a really fun work environment with friendly competition.
Fun workplace while selling shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 6, 2017
The hardest part about working at journeys was that when it got super busy it was hard to move around to help customers. Most enjoyable part was almost everything.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
small store
Overall fun environment with great people and managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2017
The typical work day was always great , working with the managers i had the time of employment. I learned a lot working there when it came to selling to the customers that came into the store. I was given great tips from my managers and was their right hand at work.
Pros
Commission
Cons
I loved the job and the people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, had a blast learning about the company! I had great employee's working under me, did what I asked from them, I learned ways to selling so it could short and sweet and striaght to the point, I was great at it, loved it overall.
Pros
Free shoes!
Cons
I had a fall out with upper management
High energy workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 5, 2017
Journey's is a great company when it comes to representing their brand and culture. As far as work, they set do-able, but somewhat unrealistic goals and practices for improving sales. The store was not so good on commission and it wasnt enough for me even with working 50+ hours a week, and even during holiday seasons at peak business times.
Pros
great atmosphere, great management, great customer interactions, emlployee discounts
Cons
low commission payout, high hours, not much room for advancement
What was i thinking
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 5, 2017
the discount is the best thing 40% off
But you really cant have a life
i worked 40-60 a week.
the weekends are the only time to make money
6 days a week working.
and open to close shifts
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no time off long hours
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 5, 2017
Really good job to help balance out your stress and still deal with your day to day life. Great ways to move up in the buisness and efforts are rewarded.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
journeys is a great job if u in high school and a great summer job if u love to talk to people and sell shoes. u have to have a great personality and make your goal at the end of the day.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
no lunch break
fun job but low pay/hours
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHJuly 4, 2017
the job is fun but when u get older or if ur already to the point u need money bad this job isn’t for u, the hours were terrible and the management at my store was sad, we had a manager lay down in the back for hours at a time then would come out and made us give them sales after we had worked hard for them.
Pros
friendly environment, chill, easy, fun
Cons
low pay, terrible management, unorganized, grimey situations
Productive work and fun as Well
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 3, 2017
Journeys is my first job so for me its a good experience to learn new things. I typically help people out or stock shoes i also mark prices on shelves.
Pros
Good co-workers and also excellent store
Cons
short Breaks
Long hours, Fun Environment, No pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 3, 2017
Typical day at work includes selling shoes and other products to customers that come in also includes keeping up with merchandising changes, making sure that payroll is sufficient, checking in and sending out product, maintaining visual appearance of the store and stock room, and constant coaching of employees.
Due to the demanding nature of a management role, the compensation is not desirable. In a commission based position, you must be very good at selling to make decent money. If you are not, then the pay hourly equals out to just about minimum wage.
Management is usually understanding, but expects way too much with little guidance to attain specific goals.
Workplace culture is amazing. The people that work for the company are beautiful people inside and out.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a work/life balance. Management roles demand long hours and time exhaustion. There is barely any time to consider making appointments for oneself.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you help throughout the day. You meet all kinds of new people and handle so many different types of situations, its humbling, and sometimes you might just make a new friend.
Great first job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2017
I loved working here, it was a great experience. I learned much about retail and customer service. How to find a solution to a need and treat people with respect.
horrible
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJune 30, 2017
For Journey's as well. This location was horrible to work. We never had customers. And when we did. The workers who worked there longer tried to steal the customers, and boss the other employees around. HORRIBLE WORK PLACE
Fun workplace with mostly friendly customers.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work I would be on the floor and trying to meet sales quotas. This is not a very fast paced environment, not a very high volume store. The management was not so great, considering from the time I was hired to the end of the season, we had gone through about 3 different managers.
good hours and nice people and management was ok
Sales Representative/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 29, 2017
this job was in retail and most of the time i was behind a cash register and making sales its not a bad job at all smooth work experience not to difficult the pay was low but money is money i also enjoyed the management and the people i worked with and it also had good home work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Journeys. Our community is ready to answer.