Position Classification: Machining Specialist
Salary: Discussed Upon Interview
Location: West Point, GA
This position is under the direction of the Machining Assistant Manager. As the Specialist you will utilize you skills to evaluate, develop and improve the manufacturing processes and methods in the machining department while also focusing on Safety, Quality, and Production requirements.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists employees in solving daily production problems
- Coordinates and leads project activities assigned by management.
- Develop, Analyze and continuously improve performance of assigned area in Safety, Quality, Production, Cost, and Labor.
- Prepares reports and presentations as required
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Create and implement countermeasures for equipment & quality issues
- Training Team Members in new processes or procedures
- Working with Tooling supplier to improve tooling and cycle times
- Working with equipment suppliers & contractors to install or improve equipment or processes
- Create & Implement capital projects
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing KPI goals
- Lead and report on all projects to ensure competition of projects such as Improvements, corrective actions, capital investments, counter measures, new products.
- Must be hands on when problem solving and supporting equipment issues
- Additional Duties as assigned
- Displays knowledge & skills necessary to perform assigned duties
- Understands Processes, procedures, standards, methods and technologies related to assignments
- Demonstrates functional/technical literacy; participates in measuring outcomes of work
- Keeps current on new developments in field of expertise: effectively uses available technology (automation, software, etc.)
- Korean Bilingual
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree, or equivalent work experience or minimum of one-year experience as an engineer, or co-op experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 8 years job related experience preferred
- Tier-1 Automotive Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Work experience or course work in manufacturing or metal cutting
- Knowledge of metal casting, machining, assembly, quality or general manufacturing processes
- Computer literate in Microsoft products, PowerPoint, Excel Outlook.
- Prefer SAP and Kronos experience.
- Understanding of machine components and function (hydraulics, pneumatic, bearings, tools, lubricants, PLC, G-code and automation)
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings
- Experience with CNC machine operation and programming systems
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little direction
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Position may require domestic or international travel.
- Flexibility in working hours to include nights, weekends and holidays as required
- OT required as needed
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands also at times may include safely handling multiple, continuous parts flow in and out of manufacturing operations work areas which requires pushing and pulling of carts. Work environment is climate controlled in most areas.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Joynus is one of the fastest growing Recruiting/Staffing/Outsourcing firms. It is located at three different locations throughout Georgia...