Joynus Care, Inc. is looking for Director of Nursing for our home health agency in the metro Atlanta. Joynus Care is a young, innovative and fast-growing home health care company. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to grow with the company. If you have a great management abilities and strong Medicare home health management experience, this might be a good fit for you.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is responsible for the operations, development of the agency and financial performance of the agency. The SON supervises and manages all aspects of program delivery in accordance with federal, state and company guidelines; Assures the philosophy, mission and goals are adhered to.
- Promotes the mission and vision of the company based upon the principals/values established.
- Ensure growth and profitability of the company through the responsible use of company resources and educating the community to our services.
- Assure compliance with all necessary standards and regulatory requirements on a timely basis to maintain Agency's licenses, certifications, accreditations and all operating activities.
- Planning, organizing, directing and evaluating operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services.
- Directs and participates in Agency's business development activities including community education, contract negotiations and development, and referral source relationship building. Ensure the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
- Coordinate clinical services and programs of the Agency.
- Develop and implement ongoing recruitment and retention program. Recruit, employ and retain qualified personnel to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Develops and recommends Agency/s annual budget and strategic plan while soliciting input from other team members. Fiscal planning, budgeting and management of operations in accordance with established fiscal parameters.
- Implement governing body directives and ensure that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented.
- Directs daily business operations of Agency/s and implements company's financial policies, accounting and clinical systems and cost controls.
- Provides supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all agency activities relevant to the delivery of services provided including interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures. Ensure program personnel have current clinical information and correct practices.
- Assure that skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or a registered nurse.
- Assure appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with staff through verbal and written modalities including group and individual meetings. Establish and maintain effective channels of communication.
- Works collaboratively with team members from other agencies, departments and corporate office in furthering goals and objectives of the organization.
- Provide and analyze reports related to areas such as billing, profit/loss, marketing, payroll and clinical in a timely and accurate fashion as requested.
- Conducts random review of client and personnel records to assure compliance with federal, state and company guidelines.
- Monitors client/referral satisfaction utilizing appropriate written and verbal assessment tools.
- Monitors progress of personnel performance by reviewing skills and practices and assessing training needs, and assuring indicated training and coaching are implemented. Assure the development and qualifications for professional services and the assignment of personnel.
- Ensure staff development including orientation, in-service education, continuing education and evaluation and evaluation of staff.
- Appoint a similarly qualified alternate to be available at all times during operating hours in the absence of the administrator.
- Inform the governing body, staff and professional advisory group of current organizational, community, and industry trends.
- Licensed physician, physician assistant, or registered nurse licensed to practice in the state or an individual having at least 2 year supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health programs. (Related health programs include hospital, ambulatory surgical center, nursing home or assisted living facility.) Bachelor’s degree in a health care related field preferred, or comparable professional experience accepted.
- At least one year of community education or marketing experience preferred.
- Able to perform desk work up to 8 hours a day. Will perform work in office, health care community and client’s homes.
- Must be flexible to accommodate schedule changes. May require on-call rotation and/or overnight travel. May also require work after normal business hours to accommodate client needs.
Must be capable to execute all terms and conditions set forth in the employee handbook, including but not limited to:
- Work in a safety conscious manner which insures that safe work practices are used in order not to pose risk to self or others in the workplace.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Adhere to policy on Drug-Free Workplace.
- Interact in a tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with visitors and coworkers to provide a safe, efficient and professional environment.
- Maintain a dependable attendance record and adhere to standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
RN, BSN, MSN, executive, BLS, CLNC, CHCE, Registered Nurse, Nurse, nursing, homecare, home care, healthcare, health care, home health, home healthcare, med surge, OASIS, ER, Emergency Room, ICU, intensive care unit, hospice, RN case manager, Medicare, skilled visit, case management, r.n., rn, acute care, Executive Director, homecare manager, home care manager, clinical director, clinical administrator, clinical supervisor, patient care manager, director of nursing, DON, DOCS, Field Case Manager, director of clinical services, RN manager, registered nurse manager, RN supervisor, Registered Nurse Supervisor, nurse management, nurse manager, RN director, Registered Nurse Director
uJoynus is a growing company with over a decade of experience in human resources. Creating new opportunities for individuals and...