JPS Health Network

JPS Health Network Employee Reviews

Not as good as it used to be
Registration Representative (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Management
I have worked here 10 years and it has been wonderful. JPS is currently undergoing some changes and has become increasingly negative towards its employees. Constant picking on employees and management is mostly negative when approached with problems and or issues. I hope they change and remember that a happy employee brings joy to the patients and makes for a better work experience.

The benefits and insurance are good and the insurance is cheap compared to other companies.
Happy
LVN (Current Employee), TarrantApril 8, 2015
Great opportunity to move up in the company. Open door policy. Great benefits. Great opportunity to move up in the company.
Over all I enjoyed my job assisiting patients
Patient Access Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch for staff meetings
Most days start by my walking the clinic to assure all staff are present and are ready to receive patients for doctor visits, labs, and x-rays. Also assuring all providers are present to treat patients. If any issues occur as management I had to adjust staff to assist where needed. I enjoyed my co-workers as we work as a team to provide excellent care to our patients. The hardest part was that I had such great staff and could not afford to allow to many of them off on same days they requested, which would cause me to have to tell them no, would cause me to be short staffed. I most enjoyed when we would have a small break everyday for about 10-15 minutes to get feed back from staff with ideas they would come up with to make our jobs responsibilities flow easier, plus gave staff time to embrace one another and a time staff would share some personal things going on in their lives, which would draw staff closer to each other.
horrible management
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: management
I'm appalled at how the management in the Behavioral Health Dept treats their employees. Love working with the patients and most of my coworkers but if you want to work somewhere you feel appreciated DO NOT work here. Also it's NOT A SAFE work environment, good employees leaving everyday so now its so short staffed its creating dangerous situations. Desperately needs all new management from the very top down.
A nice place to work for culture diversity
Community Health Worker (Current Employee), fort worth TxFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: i love working with patients/public
Cons: i dont feel appreciated as an employee
My day at JPS is filled with a variety of diffrent cultures and people who need lots of love and support. I have worked here at JPS for almost 5 years and I have learned that people are diffrent but we all need the same thing and thats love and respect and here at jps I have been able to do just that. I love the patient I serve and respect them for who they are. My co-workers have been the best it seems to me like they are a family away from family and that means alot to me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to do make miracles and what I mean by that is sometimes I wish I could do more for them my job limits what I can do for a patient. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
It have it days but over great place to wk.
Customer Serve Rep (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Typical day at work is greeting our visitor and guiding them to where there love one are. Giving visitor information about are guidelines we have for are floor ,answer in coming calls, finding family for nurses and doctors.I learned how to deal with different personality that come into are unit. Management have been great, my coworker are great very helpful.The hardest part of my job is when I have outrage visitors.The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can help someone feel better when there overwhelm not knowing what is going on with there love one.
My job
Reconciliation Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: cafateria in case you forget your lunch
Cons: you have to walk over to hospital to go to the cafateria
Great place to work, with great benefits. My job is great, I enjoy the daily work I do, such as applying my research abilities when it comes to figuring out problems that come up with posting files. I can't think of anything that is extremely difficult in my job because I enjoy learning new things. The people that work there are wonderful and kind individuals. Management fair with everyone.
Hr employee
Hr (Current Employee), Ft worthDecember 8, 2014
Do not work here in the hr department! Horrible management. Tell you that they will not tolerate negativity within management staff..not true!!
Please, if you value your sanity and work/life balance, do not work in hr!!
Good learning environment
Police Officer (Current Employee), JPS Health NetworkNovember 29, 2014
Pros: every other friday, saturday, sunday off
Cons: lots of walking (which can be a pro)
- Police Department: most police officers at JPS Health Network fall into one of two categories:
1) Rookies who are less than two years out of the academy
2) Seasoned veterans that retired from other departments after a 25-30 year career and now bring their experiences to JPS Health Network.
- As a new police officer there isn't any place better to learn how to be a GOOD and EFFECTIVE police officer.
- Veterans are willing and able to teach and come from agencies like Irving, Arlington, North Richland Hills, and from as far away as New Orleans.
- Starting salaries start around $20 per hour for recruits straight out of the academy but are greater for those with previous experience.
- The chief understands that younger officers most likely don't plan on spending their career at JPS. As such he asks for two years and has no problem helping younger officers obtain employment with a larger agency afterwards as long as you're a quality officer while employed at JPS.
- The wealth of knowledge available to a younger officer is unbeatable anywhere else. Learn from the veteran officers that are here and you'll be an effective officer anywhere else.
- SHIFTS: 12 hours
- WORK WEEK: One heavy week of five days working; one light week of two days working.
--- Every other week you'll have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
- OVERTIME: if you want it then it's available (time-and-a-half)
- OFF-DUTY: available within Tarrant County.
- SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL: applied for working evenings, overnight, and weekends
- Paychecks: every other week.
- Health perks: employees can utilize the employee clinic – more... where JPS doctors and nurses take care of employees and their families. Co-pays for this kind of care are very low for the kind of care you'll get. Along this line is the employee pharmacy where employees can go to fill their prescriptions. As long as an employee sees a JPS doctor and gets their script filled at the JPS employee pharmacy then co-pays are very reasonable much lower than what you can find at other places.
- LOCATIONS: JPS Health Network has many campuses other than the main hospital. Officers are needed at JPS campuses in places such as Grapevine, Arlington, Saginaw, Watauga and MANY others. Opportunities to go to these campuses are good. – less
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: coworkers allowed to be bullies and some are gang members
I enjoyed my time here and I am trying to get back on here. I would suggest all phlebotomist apply here.
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: on-site wellness clinic and cafeteria
Cons: location
All Employees in every department are very friendly and knowledgeable.
Boss was horrible and the work environment stunk
Manager, Cash Services (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Upper management does not care about you or your career advancement...heck they hardly cared at all! HR is a joke, they care more about putting on a show and pretending that everything is "great" instead of really digging down to find out the "real" culture of JPS. If you have a choice in healthcare...Do not choose JPS! Seek Joy and Don't be a Jerk.....Yeah right...my old boss was a jerk and he/she never tried to seek joy. Wake up Uncle Bob and really take a hard look at your senior and mid level staff.
Fun place to work
Lead Pt. Transport (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2014
Easiest job in the hospital but sometimes people will make it the hardest. Other than that you never get bord with your job its always something new going on each day. The most enjoyable thing about my job is I get to meet new people each day and to see my patients leave happy rather than how they came in it really make me smile.
LVN (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2014
Same as the Cancer Center. I have truly enjoyed working at JPS
Hospital setting that serves the ones in need of Tarrant County
Policy Coordinator (Current Employee), For Worth, TexasMay 2, 2014
Hospital setting that serves the ones in need of Tarrant County
Its a county hosptial/teaching facility
Experienced RN (Current Employee), main campusFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: no retenion, poor health insurance coverage, hard work
This place is always expanding to serve the community. Its a teaching facility that stays on top of the lastest cutting edge medical tech and procedures. If your in a trauma you want to be here. Otherwise nurses get your experience to expand your resume then move on!!! As a nurse you are extremely over worked, underpaid and deal with very sick patients. JPS does nothing to retain experienced RN's but hire new grads for low salaries. Meanwhile the upper management make six figure salaries. Hard work and low pay=low morale.
The public health environment was challenging.
Outpatient Hospital Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 9, 2014
I actually enjoyed the hard work of the job, but needed a more stable system to operate within.
lots of learning opportunities
Multi-Skilled Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: fair pay, friendly staff, teaching hospital
Cons: hard to transfer units, unless you know someone
Awesome place to gain experience, friendly staff, diverse group of patients,never a dull moment
lunch function that each employee contributed to.
Pediatrics assisting in minor procedures (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 26, 2013
To me a typical day at work would be going in pulling up the schedule for the day and making the necessary adjustments for the doctor. I enjoy what I do and I enjoy pepole and helping with their needs and struggles on a daily basis. A job is what you make of it there is nothing to hard that you can not complete the task at hand that is set before you, only if you look at the big picture for what it turely is and then move forward with open mind to do your best.
Awesome
Registration Representative II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2013
MacNeal Family Medicine was definately a family loving place. The Drs and patients were great.

About JPS Health Network

Residents of Cowtown don't suffer from gunshot wounds as much as they did back in the day; however, if they're┬ásearching for health – Read more

JPS Health Network Salaries