JPS Health Network Employee Reviews

Friendly and cooperative environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2017
Friendly and cooperative environment. My supervisor understood and valued my thoughts and opinion. Flexible space and great cafeteria. Would want to work here again
Fast-paced workplace
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2017
Diverse, fast-paced workplace with friendly people. Needs minimal to no micro-management. Having paid holidays and good benefits are a plus. On the down side, there is little advancement for many minorities. Overall, a good place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions
productive fast paced workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2017
JPS is a fun fast paced workplace with many learning opportunities. You learn to work with a huge diversity of patients and co workers. Everyday is a challenge worth fighting.
Great place to learn
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  JPS main hospitalJune 15, 2017
In the almost 16 yrs I've been employed by JPS I've learned a tremendous amount of things . My coworkers have been great and dedicated to perfecting their craft and have been very resourceful when needed . The current unit I've worked on has been fast paced but has suffered a moderated turnover , which happens in cycles I'd assume at most health care facilities . I've had the opportunity to see multiple types of patients and medical situations at my time there and I'm thankful for every opportunity I've had to experience it . Pay has been good along with the benifits . Overall JPS is a great learning experience and team based environment to work
Pros
Pay, teamwork, benifits
Cons
Breaks, patient load and acuity
Overall a great pharmacy to work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2017
We would start the day off logging into all of our screens and programs to help us assist patients. The day would be fast paced and we would make sure everything was completed before day was over. The patients could be difficult at times, but we all tried to put ourselves in their shoes and think before reacting. The best part of the job was the teamwork. All of the technicians would come together if someone else need assistance in their job duties.
Pros
paid time off earned with every pay period
Cons
no unpaid time off had to use PTO
Ethics are not a priority at JPS
Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2017
While the work at JPS is satisfying, the leadership team leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. There is too much jockeying for power: and those who are in a position of authority abuse it. I would NOT recommend this organization to anyone. Get in, get your experience, and get out.....fast!
Pros
Teaching hospital where experience is gained
Cons
Leadership is not vested in the employee.
Very difficult organization to work for
Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
There are some really intelligent, high performing people working here and they are all leaving or looking to leave because of the increasingly difficult environment at JPS. It is very hard to get anything actually accomplished, varying levels of accountability, middle management/leaders have virtually no support.
The best part of the organization is the culture of caring about patients, but the organization has a perpetual revolving door in turnover.
Pros
care for underserved population
Cons
no work life balance, no strong focus, very little support, initiatives always changing before developed
A great place to work, Robert Early make the employees feel valued.
Material Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 13, 2017
CEO is sweet,kind and always willing to stop whatever he's doing to love on the whole hospital staff and patients.It's a joy working in a place where there is so much love and gratitude.The homeless sleep and hang out there because the way they are treated.
Pros
Helping the patient, making them feel loved.
Cons
Not coming to work.
Amazing workplace
Unit Secretary AP, GYN & GYN ONC (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2017
Wonderful benefits, a diverse work group. Perfect place for employment. Once a year, the staff of the hospital is given a chance to offer improvements to the CEO in person.
A great place to work
Service Associate in PEC/Registration Rep. (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76104April 21, 2017
I worked in psych ER for 10 years and really liked it. My coworkers were wonderful. Management listened but couldn't always resolve the problems. I would work there again if offered.
Pros
N/a
great place to learn
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76104April 20, 2017
1st job out of phlebotomy school and I was able to learn so much. Was trained by the best which has made me the best thus far. The pay wasn't great but the experience was awesome!
Pros
met new people
Cons
great working relationships were created
fun work plase
Lead Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2017
the work place is fun the workers are awesome people to be around. the manegment can definitely use alot of work if you are not in there qlick you are considered expendable and they will listen to any thing that is said about you even if it is not true and in the end use it to terminate you.
Benefits are great
Sr. Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2017
The company is decent to work for depending on management. I have seen mixed reviews, but overall enjoyed the time I was employed there. The benefits are amazing.
good job depending on work department
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2017
JPS is a good place to work for with good benefits depending on where you work... i worked in the pharmacy and started out good but management is cut throat, they do not work for JPS, they work for Maxor, so at the end of the day they do not care about JPS employees, they do whats best for Maxor. JPS sub contracts their departments which is where they fail their employees because the employees do not have a voice.
Case Management Dept going down the toilet
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXApril 7, 2017
Was at JPS for 3+ years in case management. Two years ago they went from 2 upper level managers to 7! Super top heavy w/out results to show for it. The directors hv horrible people skills and do not care abt you as an employee. They only care abt how they look to those above them. 20+ people have quit or been terminated in the last 2 yrs. Serious problems there, HR does not care, and the blame is solely placed on the hard working CMAs, RNCMs, and SWs. If you can, avoid working in this department for now - if you want to be a valued professional in your work place.
Pros
Awesome supportive coworkers
Cons
Upper level directors, managers, and supervisors do not care about the CMAs, RNCMs, and SWs.
Executive Intern
Administrative/Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2017
-Worked with administration executives, doctors, staff, and patients to increase patient satisfaction and public relations.
-Assisted with fiscal operations including planning budgets, constructing financial reports, and adjusting for over capacity patient load.
-Executed AIDET customer care technique training.
Passionate and rewarding
Geriatric Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 27, 2017
Worked with passionate and dedicated people who have a love for serving patients. Enjoyed learning new things as well as implementing new projects. Learned how to take charge of meetings and facilitating what needs to get done. Workplace culture is very diverse in nature. There was a dull moment and always something interesting to learn. The hardest part of my job was influencing other professionals to commitment to a task. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met and worked with on a daily basis. Great place to work.
Pros
Flexible, dependable
Cons
Committment from staff
everything is just beautiful
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2017
Beautiful and wonderful great learning environment. Lovely supervisors. The pay could be better and the organization cleanliness .. The Trama center is wonderful
Complete joke
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2017
They do not empathize with their employees!! The department had its own clique and depending on who you are buddy chum pals with, policies wouldn't apply to you. I went to HR when that happened and no action was taken. If you call in because you were ill and can provide a doctor's note, it's still an unexcused absence. The list goes on and on...
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Overworked, underpaid
No benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I really enjoyed working here!! Awesome staffing and the doctors ROCK!! Only downfall is there are no benefits!! Although the doctors will see you and render care for you and your family with no out of pocket for you, it would still help to have benefits for outside their scope of practice ex: dental

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPS Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9