Pros: every other friday, saturday, sunday off
Cons: lots of walking (which can be a pro)
- Police Department: most police officers at JPS Health Network fall into one of two categories:
1) Rookies who are less than two years out of the academy
2) Seasoned veterans that retired from other departments after a 25-30 year career and now bring their experiences to JPS Health Network.
- As a new police officer there isn't any place better to learn how to be a GOOD and EFFECTIVE police officer.
- Veterans are willing and able to teach and come from agencies like Irving, Arlington, North Richland Hills, and from as far away as New Orleans.
- Starting salaries start around $20 per hour for recruits straight out of the academy but are greater for those with previous experience.
- The chief understands that younger officers most likely don't plan on spending their career at JPS. As such he asks for two years and has no problem helping younger officers obtain employment with a larger agency afterwards as long as you're a quality officer while employed at JPS.
- The wealth of knowledge available to a younger officer is unbeatable anywhere else. Learn from the veteran officers that are here and you'll be an effective officer anywhere else.
- SHIFTS: 12 hours
- WORK WEEK: One heavy week of five days working; one light week of two days working.
--- Every other week you'll have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.
- OVERTIME: if you want it then it's available (time-and-a-half)
- OFF-DUTY: available within Tarrant County.
- SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL: applied for working evenings, overnight, and weekends
- Paychecks: every other week.
- Health perks: employees can utilize the employee clinic – more... where JPS doctors and nurses take care of employees and their families. Co-pays for this kind of care are very low for the kind of care you'll get. Along this line is the employee pharmacy where employees can go to fill their prescriptions. As long as an employee sees a JPS doctor and gets their script filled at the JPS employee pharmacy then co-pays are very reasonable much lower than what you can find at other places.
- LOCATIONS: JPS Health Network has many campuses other than the main hospital. Officers are needed at JPS campuses in places such as Grapevine, Arlington, Saginaw, Watauga and MANY others. Opportunities to go to these campuses are good. – less