JRK Property Holdings

JRK Property Holdings Employee Reviews

Absolutely Love Being Employed by This Company.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 4, 2016
Although the position can be pretty physical demanding at times, this is definitely one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. My coworkers are incredibly nice, hard working, and wonderful people. My superiors are very supportive of their workers, and do everything that they can to help make our work go smoother. I have worked in manual labor before, but have not enjoyed a single job as much as I do this one. At my previous jobs they would vaguely tell you what to do and then send you to work, but here they genuinely care that you properly learn the skills in order to have them for the rest of your lives. With the grounds holding as many tenants as they do, there are times where it feels like the there is a never-ending amount of work. At times this is good because it helps make the day go by faster, but sometimes the amount passes this point. However, our managers are very good about providing us with extra help if we were to ever ask for it.
Employed as a Porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2016
During the time that I have spent working as a Porter for JRK I have a wonderfully pleasant experience. I have worked for other complexes that have been owned by property management companies before, and JRK is exponentially better. From the moment that I was hired it became clear that they really care about their employees. We are given just about anything that we could request to help make our job easier, and I have heard this sentiment expressed by some of my fellow coworkers as well. I would definitely recommend anyone is looking for a job to give this company a try. The one aspect of the position that can be problematic at times is the method of communication. With the complex being as large as it is coordinating what needs to be done, and what has already been taken care of can sometimes become mixed up. It is not a very big deal, but when you arrive to fix something only to find out that it has already been fixed it can be a little frustrating. However, for the most part, these miscommunications are very rare, but irritating when they do happen.
Pros
Early ending work days on Friday!
Employed as a Night Auditor.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 8, 2016
Through out the time that I have spent working for this company I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I absolutely love my fellow coworkers, as well as all of my superiors. I have recently chosen to go back to school in order to obtain my degree, and this position has worked out perfectly to accommodate my school schedule. Also, with the shift being as long as it is, once I have finished my duties of reviewing the day time transactions my supervisors have been gracious enough to allow me to study as long as there are no customers that need attending to. There are very few drawbacks to this position in my opinion. If there was one that the can be a nuisance at times it would be the amount of work that the day time transactions requires. More specifically it would simply be the volume of transactions with myself being the only one to clear them. However, I have noticed a great improvement in my attention to detail, and project management skills.
Money Hungry
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
Great Regional but owner rigged everything and never wanted to spend money to fix the issues. They run good communities into the ground then sell for someone else to repair.
Pros
Great Regional and Moderate Pay
Cons
Too Many
Very Enjoyable Working Experience.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2016
The overwhelming amount of compassion that I have felt from this company, as well as, my superiors during the time that I have worked for JRK has been astounding. When I applied for this job I was just beginning college after a couple of years break form school, and was desperate for any position to help support myself finically during my college career. My managers have been incredibly flexible with my class schedule, and have allowed me to confine the hours that I work to the evening and night. The fact the I am attending classes almost everyday, coupled with the type of work that is required can become exhausting at times. While the work is certainly not as physical as a construction job, it is still a pretty physically demanding job. I am pretty busy through out my shift, which makes it difficult to try and squeeze homework into my breaks since I am generally very tired. However, I find that I cannot complain because I am fortunate enough to be employed while there are so many others that are not.
Pros
Early ending schedule on Fridays are awesome!
Cons
Maintaining current with the ever changing markets.
Work as a Bellman in Santa Monica.
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 21, 2016
Through out my experiences in the work force I have not had a job where I am in such direct contact with the public as I am as a Bellman with JRK. Despite this fact I do not think that I have had a more enjoyable time at a position. I absolutely adore my coworkers, and have never seen the same level of support from my management. With never have being in a position where I am in such close contact with the general public I have had to learn a enormous amount of new skills that have helped me in interacting with the public. I have seen my grow in leaps and bounds since I have began working in this position, and it can all be attributed to the immense amount of help that I have received from my management team. There are times when the job can become incredibly busy and overwhelming, all of which can be attributed to an extremely high volume of customers. This mainly happens during the summer, which is peak time for traveling to Santa Monica. Everyone gets the same idea of wanting to travel to the beautiful beaches that California has to offer during the summer. Whit that being said, the people that I work under have gone above and beyond to help us counter the extreme volume of customers. They have even gone as far as stepping down from their regular duties to help us perform ours.
Pros
Incredibly flexibly with my school schedule.
Cons
Huge rushes of people checking in at times.
Working As A Leasing Agent In Columbia, MD.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 25, 2016
Through out the time that I have spent working for this company I have seen myself grow immensely in almost all aspects of my personality. I generally consider myself to be an introverted person, but taking this position has greatly helped me incoming out of my shell. I typically do not have difficulty speaking with people about matters dealing with business, but I always felt uncomfortable when doing so. However, with the duties that come with this position I repeatedly have to communicate with new potential clients. This has greatly helped me relax and not stress simply through the repetition of dealing so numerous different clients. This position, however, does not come without its own specific set of difficulties and problems. One of the most time consuming duties that accompanies the job is trying to maintain current with the realty market. Especially with the way that the market has been for the past decade, it is subject to change on a weekly basis. Also, for me in particular, one of the most difficult aspects is maintaining open and effective communication. But, during the time that I have spent working as a leasing agent my communication skills have immensely improved.
Pros
Early Closing Times on Fridays
Cons
Sometimes difficult to maintain a balance between my personal and work life.
Single Handedly the Best Learning Experience of My Life
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
Prior to gaining employment for this company I had worked for a number of years with a handyman, which gave me enough experience to qualify for this position. However, during the time that I have spent with this company my skill sets have grown immensely. While I possessed a general knowledge of how to take care of basic maintenance this company has really helped me fine tune what I thought had already been fairly advanced. The amount of professionalism that I am expected to maintain is something that I will forever be thankful for. If there were one complaint that I would have about the position it would be that there are certain times where the amount of repairs can seem overwhelming. With that being said, our management is incredibly good about getting us the help when it is needed. All we need to do is notify management that we are short handed, and very quickly they either move some people from another location or hire new employees to accommodate us.
Pros
Great One the Job Training
Cons
Sometimes Shorthanded
Feel Incredibly Privileged to Have This Position.
Lead Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 30, 2016
I feel incredibly lucky to have been employed by this company, and in the position that have. I have had so many great opportunities to grow as a person. I had worked in maintenance for a number of years previously, but being a Lead came with an entirely different set of problems. Having to maintain the service schedules, as well as, making on-call scheduling was something that I had never dealt with before. However, learning how to adapt to the new set of demands gave me an entirely different of skill. The hardest part of the job, for me at least, has been trying to learn how to be responsible for a team of people in an effective manner. As I have said before having to make schedules for people to follow was something that I was completely unaccustomed to. Also, making sure that all of the employees communicate effectively can be difficult at times.
Pros
Early Closures On Fridays
Employed As A Leasing Agent
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Saugus, CAJune 29, 2016
During the time that I have been employed by this company as a leasing agent I have seen my personal and work skills flourish. A large majority of the time that I spend working involves speaking and showing the public properties. Being held responsible for this aspect of the job has drastically improved my verbal communication skills then what they were prior. Also I have noticed that my abilities in task management have been greatly improved as well. I attribute this to having to maintain so many different responsibilities with the various units. In my opinion the most difficult aspect of the position is trying to balance all of the various responsibilities that are associated with it. From having to be current with all of the different aspects of the housing market to knowing what each unit needs done before it is ready to be shown to potential tenants can become overwhelming at times. However, learning how to carry out all of my duties in an effective manner has helped me in almost every aspect of my life.
Pros
Very Flexible Management
Cons
Being Available At Anytime

Want to know more about JRK Property Holdings?

Ask a question
Financial Analyst In Los Angeles
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2016
When I first started working for this company I must admit that I was a little skeptical after some bad experiences at previous employers. However, I am very happy to say that the time that I have spent here has incredibly pleasant. Also, I must confess that I had learned some bad habits through out my previous bad work experiences. These did not become apparent until I had spent some time already working, but rather than simply getting ride of me they saw that they were just bad habits and helped to nurture me into someone with healthy working habits. With the position dealing with very large sums of money it can feel like there can be a tremendous amount of pressure at times. There is an abundant amount of responsibility associated with managing multiple accounts and new acquisitions. However, these pressures are completely self-imposed, and not at all by management. In fact they are incredibly accommodating, but with everything that have done for me I want to do absolutely everything that I can for this company.
Pros
Early office closures of Fridays.
Have a Great Time Working for This Company.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, RIJune 6, 2016
Through out the time that I have been employed by this company I have had a great time. The teams of people that I have had the pleasure have all been very hard working and dedicated. There are times when the amount of repairs can be a little overwhelming. However, our management is very good about sending us extra people when we do become over burdened.
Pros
Hard Working Coworkers
Cons
Busy Scheduling
Very Pleasant Experience Working for This Company.
Porter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2016
This is a fantastic company to be employed by. I have been working for this company for a couple of years now, and have very much enjoyed it. The job at times can be labor intensive. However, people should know that it is just part of the job when they are applying. Management helps make the job easier whenever possible.
Pros
Lunches Provided
Cons
Busy Scheduling
Plenty of Advancement Opportunities.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2016
This has been my first accountant position since leaving college, and feel extremely grateful. While the job can be demanding at times if you work hard people will notice, and you will be rewarded. The position can be stressful at times. The hours can be long, so sometimes balancing my work with my personal life can be difficult. Thank you for noticing when people are going above and beyond, and providing ample opportunities for promotion. Keep up the great support!
Pros
Plenty of Promotion Opportunities
Cons
Stressful Environment
Very Proud to Represent This Company.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2016
Through out the time that I have spent representing this company I have never had a negative experience. I have to portray this company in a positive light when showing people new properties, and I never feel like I am deceiving the potential clients in any way. When it comes to collecting money things can always become complicated. People trying to negotiate a lower rate after their expenses have already been established, or trying to hide form paying each month.
Pros
Very Supportive Management
Cons
Awkward Money Situations
Great Company to Represent.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 31, 2016
I have had a fantastic experience representing the various properties owned by this company. They have been very flexible, and allow me the freedom to proceed in whatever way I believe to be the best path. Whenever money is involved the job is always made more complicated. Whether it be having to collect rent, or people trying to talk down the set prices. Money always complicates the matter.
Pros
Very Flexible Management
Cons
Money Collections can be Difficult.
Awesome Work Experience
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 25, 2016
I have loved the time that I have spent working for this company. They treat their employees with the utmost respect, but also expect hard work in return. Which if you show they definitely do notice. During our rushes the job can become very stressful at times. People can send back their orders for any number of reasons.
Pros
Great Team of People
Cons
Busy Rushes
Excellent Opportunities For Advancement.
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
Working for an accountant for this company had been an absolute pleasure. The job can be demanding, but as long as you work hard they will definitely notice. There are many opportunities for promotion and advancement. Sometimes the hours can be very demanding. However, as I have previously stated as long as you continue to work hard upper management will notice.
Pros
Promotion Opportunities
Cons
Long Hours
Great Work Experience!
Porter (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXMay 24, 2016
I have worked for this company for a couple of years now, and have had nothing but pleasurable experience. I have enjoyed every minute, as well as every single person whom I have worked with. People really have no appreciation for property that is not their own. Some of the cleaning that I have had to perform has been absolutely disgusting. However, the management has a very good understanding of what we endure everyday, and bends over backwards in order to make our duties more manageable.
Pros
Great fellow workers
Cons
Shorthanded sometimes
Fantastic Company to Work for!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2016
I cannot say enough good things about my experience working for this company. I have been with them for a couple of years now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. The team of people that I over see are all hardworking and dedicated individuals. Due to the nature of the position we cannot foresee when people’s appliances will break down and require repairs. Also some people really do not take care of their appliances, which require some major repairs. However, our management is very good about scheduling when will have to do installations
Pros
Very Flexible Management
Cons
Busy Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JRK Property Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2