JRK Property Holdings Employee Reviews

Great team to work with .
Make Ready Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2017
I would say it has been the best work environment i have experienced in my carrier as maintenance. People were friendly and the property was beautiful.
Pros
Friday bbqs pool parties and other events
Maintenance Tech for a property
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Prior to working at JRK, I just did freelance handyman stuff. The work was sporadic and obviously didn't have benefits. A friend of mine started working at JRK about 5 years ago and suggested I apply for a maintenance position they had open. I've now been here for a couple years and it's definitely better than my old situation. I feel I'm paid competitively and the benefits are pretty good too. My day could be fixing a faucet, to minor painting, wall patchwork, squeaky doors, anything really. I enjoy the variety and have learned a lot. There's always a lot to be done and like most jobs, we're a little understaffed. They'll be times when you're on call for weekends, holidays, etc.
Pros
Vartiety in work; great coworkers; good compensation
Cons
On call sometimes for holidays and weekends
Very Pleasant Experience
Lead Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 4, 2017
Throughout the time that I have spent working for this company I have had nothing but good experiences. All of the employees that I have had the pleasure of overseeing have been dedicated and hardworking individuals. This position has taught me extremely valuable job skills that I had previously been unable to learn. Primarily that ability to successfully manage and lead a team. I had worked in maintenance previously, but being a Lead came with a completely different set of problems that I needed to address. At times the job can be very laborious, but with the position being what it is this is to be expected. With that being said management does do whatever they can to make our job easier. Also, one problem that seems to arise regularly is a difficulty with communication between locations. However, this cannot be directly attributed to the company, and is mainly a result of individual workers failing to maintain reliable communication.
Shady Management
On Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
Please beware. I was the top performing agent in the office and bought in the MOST new business but was let go because I wouldn't take a pay cut. Was promised discount, never got one. Regional manager was such a liar and didnt know what was going on most the time on the ptoperty
Pros
Good commission at my location
Cons
No regard for lower level employees
I would absolutely recommend JRK as an employer
Porter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2017
Having grown up with a father who was a licensed contractor I had developed a pretty vast set of skills even prior to working at this position. However, even with the knowledge that I had accumulated I have found that there was a huge amount that I had to learn with working for a company of this size. I particular I realized that my project management skills were pathetically underdeveloped. In the past I had only ever worked on one residence at a time, but with a property this large I quickly had to learn how to balance all of the various tasks that needed to be accomplished. Despite my complete lack of knowledge in this aspect I found that my fellow coworkers were incredibly understanding, and did everything with in their power to help me learn how to accommodate the work load. The most difficult part of job that I have found through out y time working here has easily been trying to balance all of the various jobs that need to be accomplished at such a large property. I learned that one of my biggest weaknesses was my inability to communicate effectively with such a large work force. However, my fellow coworkers have been incredibly patient with my shortcomings. I have felt an incredible amount of support from everyone of my fellow coworkers in trying to grow as a capable professional.
Great Learning Experience
Lead Maintenance (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 12, 2017
Working here I have been fortunate enough to be provided with excellent opportunities to prove myself, and work my way up. I actually started as simply general maintenance employee, and through dedication have promoted to a Lead Maintenance position. If you keep up good work they will notice! Also, the team that I work with are all an absolute pleasure to spend every day with. Great people with great opportunities! Maintenance work can be a tough job in general with a lot of physical labor The job can be difficult at times, but they are always willing to accommodate any request myself, or my team may have. With the job being a physical as it can be at times there are sometimes that we tend to be a little short handed.
Working for JRK Rocks!
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2017
After spending a couple of years working as a maintenance engineer in San Francisco I can easily say that this has been the best time I have ever at a job. Our management treats us absolutely fantastic, and are always willing to help out if we ever need an extra pari of hands! The experience that I have gained here has will be incredibly useful to me in the future. Even though I love working here, there are times when the job can be very tiresome. Mainly just form the nature of the work being as physical as it is. However, our managers are always willing to helps out if we need it, and they really do everything that they can to make the work go as
Fast Paced stressful
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2017
Work was always fun being able to meet hundreds of hotel guests/tourists a day however, management was not very strong here. Schedules were consistently changed without notice. Hours were never the same and there was too much overtime being forced towards employees. Many full-time workers had hours cut without a days notice including myself. Definitely wouldn't recommend working for this company if you are trying to be stress free while having a consistent schedule.
overall disappointment
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  PAMay 21, 2017
Excited to start, but soon found that corporate had no respect for how hard employees work. Received no training. Corporate does not like people who question anything or don't fully support them. Questionable practices concerning fair housing were ignored by corporate.
Pros
pay
Cons
corporate
I love the time that I have spent working here!
Porter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 30, 2017
Working here as a porter has been one of the best work experiences that I have ever had! Even though I had some experience with working in porter like positions, but they have always been just doing simple maintenance tasks. However, I have gained so much more knowledge and experience during the time that I have spent working at JRK then I ever would have at my previous jobs. The other people that I work with are all very hard working and fun, which makes the days go by so much faster. I would absolutely recommend JRK for anyone looking for a job, Because the complex that I work in is so large there are times when the amount of work can seem overwhelming. On any given day the work can vary from so many different types of jobs that it can become hard keeping track of who needs to be where. However, our management is very good about sending us any additional people if we ever need them.

Want to know more about JRK Property Holdings?

Ask a question
Love Working for JRK
Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2017
I absolutely love working as a Lobby Attendant for one of JRK’s hotels! When I first began this job I was honestly not sure what to expect. However, after being there for some time I found that I truly enjoy working here. My favorite part is easily working with the all of the different people that come to check in. Because of all the concerts that Nashville hosts I am able to interact with people from all over the world on almost a daily basis. The only negative part about this job is how busy it can get when there is a large event, or multiple events in town. Especially on a weekend where there are more than one event taking place the lobby can get insanely busy. However, our management has a very good system in place for when it does get that busy, and we are always able to make it through even though we may not think that we will.
Perfect Job to Accommodate my School Schedule
Host (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 1, 2017
Trying to balance a full time school schedule and find an employer who is willing to accommodate that schedule can be very difficult. However, the time that I have spent working as a host for JRK has gone perfectly with my classes. They are generous enough to allow me to work shifts that are later so I am able to go to school in the mornings. Everyone else that works in the restaurant is incredibly nice, and the management is very supportive.
Working most nights until it is very late can take its toll after some time though. However, that is something that comes along with my schedule personally. Also, always working night means that I always end up the dinner rush, which can be a little overwhelming sometimes.
JRK Review
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2016
JRK is an interesting company to work for be prepared to work and not get proper bonuses as well as a lot of turn over. I would not like to disclose anymore information.
Very Appreciative of the Steady Amount of Work
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 14, 2016
For a good while after I received my AAS in Real Estate I tried to establish my own business, and not work with a company after hearing horror stories from other people that had worked at some of the large companies. However, this was immensely more difficult than I had anticipated. My entire view about companies changed as soon as I began leasing properties for JRK Property Holdings at the Westcliff in Westminster, CO. The time that I have spent here has been one of the most enjoyable work experiences that I have ever had. One inherent problem with any job that deals with real estate and leasing in the need to be up to date with everything about the housing market. This requires an enormous amount of research on a consistent basis. Another problem that arises from time to time is communication between the maintenance crews.
Housekeeper for the Sheraton Hotel.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 13, 2016
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen financial hardship I decided that I needed to take on a second job in order to earn some additional income. Despite the fact that I had to become a housekeeper due to financial troubles, I have thoroughly enjoyed the time that I have spent working at the Sheraton Hotel. My fellow coworkers are an absolute pleasure to be around, and my managers are incredibly nice. Although I have absolutely loved working here, there are a couple of downfalls to the position. However, there is nothing that would make me want to leave, or discourage someone else form applying for a position here. One of the main problems is simply the shear size of the hotel. There are times, especially during a weekend with an event or during the peak season, where the amount of work seems insurmountable. However, our management is very good about know when to expect the large crowds, and always adds additional staff during these times. But this leads to a new problem of having to hire all of these new employees in a relatively short amount of time. These are more of annoyances rather then problems though.
Pros
Very nice and hardworking coworkers.
Cons
Very busy during certain periods of the year.
Very Pleasant Experience Working for this Company.
Painter (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXDecember 4, 2016
During the couple of years that I have spent working as a painter at the Summerbrooke Apartments I have had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I have previously spent time working in construction doing whatever I job that I was given that day, but the skills that I have gained while working for JRK have made me a far more valuable asset. When I was working in construction I found myself being able to do many different tasks, but not being particularly good any specific discipline. However, after everything that I have learned to improve my painting skills I feel incredibly grateful. There are certain times where communication can be an issue. This is not something that impacts the job in a major way, and mainly concerns some of the other employees. The most significant way that this affects our job is when people fail to report the need of certain materials. Because the property is so large we are usually able to rearrange our schedule to take care of some other jobs that do not require those materials. Overall though, I could not be happier with my time spent here.
Pros
Gained incredibly valuable experience
Absolutely Love Being Employed by This Company.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 4, 2016
Although the position can be pretty physical demanding at times, this is definitely one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. My coworkers are incredibly nice, hard working, and wonderful people. My superiors are very supportive of their workers, and do everything that they can to help make our work go smoother. I have worked in manual labor before, but have not enjoyed a single job as much as I do this one. At my previous jobs they would vaguely tell you what to do and then send you to work, but here they genuinely care that you properly learn the skills in order to have them for the rest of your lives. With the grounds holding as many tenants as they do, there are times where it feels like the there is a never-ending amount of work. At times this is good because it helps make the day go by faster, but sometimes the amount passes this point. However, our managers are very good about providing us with extra help if we were to ever ask for it.
Employed as a Porter
Porter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2016
During the time that I have spent working as a Porter for JRK I have a wonderfully pleasant experience. I have worked for other complexes that have been owned by property management companies before, and JRK is exponentially better. From the moment that I was hired it became clear that they really care about their employees. We are given just about anything that we could request to help make our job easier, and I have heard this sentiment expressed by some of my fellow coworkers as well. I would definitely recommend anyone is looking for a job to give this company a try. The one aspect of the position that can be problematic at times is the method of communication. With the complex being as large as it is coordinating what needs to be done, and what has already been taken care of can sometimes become mixed up. It is not a very big deal, but when you arrive to fix something only to find out that it has already been fixed it can be a little frustrating. However, for the most part, these miscommunications are very rare, but irritating when they do happen.
Pros
Early ending work days on Friday!
Employed as a Night Auditor.
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 8, 2016
Through out the time that I have spent working for this company I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I absolutely love my fellow coworkers, as well as all of my superiors. I have recently chosen to go back to school in order to obtain my degree, and this position has worked out perfectly to accommodate my school schedule. Also, with the shift being as long as it is, once I have finished my duties of reviewing the day time transactions my supervisors have been gracious enough to allow me to study as long as there are no customers that need attending to. There are very few drawbacks to this position in my opinion. If there was one that the can be a nuisance at times it would be the amount of work that the day time transactions requires. More specifically it would simply be the volume of transactions with myself being the only one to clear them. However, I have noticed a great improvement in my attention to detail, and project management skills.
Money Hungry
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
Great Regional but owner rigged everything and never wanted to spend money to fix the issues. They run good communities into the ground then sell for someone else to repair.
Pros
Great Regional and Moderate Pay
Cons
Too Many