JRK PROPERTY HOLDINGS

JRK PROPERTY HOLDINGS United States Employee Reviews

JRK Property Holdins
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: corporate lunches!!!
One of the better companies around. Awesome leaderships and advancement opportunities. Couldn't think of another job I would rather being doing. I work on an awesome property that is a great investment for JRK.
Career development is a major priority.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: experience; classes; training; industry leader
Cons: cut throat business; requires time management; employment should be a priority
When I worked at JRK, they made sure that my career development was a priority. My managers were always helping me along the way, answering questions and showing me different skills to add to my toolbox. If you want to learn about the world of real estate investment, JRK is the place to get your experience for sure. Having this company on my resume opened doors I could never have imagined.

This is a cut throat business and if you want to be the best, you have to put the time in. This could mean less time with friends or family. However, it's all about what you put into it. JRK wants you to make your employment a priority and that may not be the best for everyone.
Company cares about their tenants.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: caring attitude; fun atmosphere; great staff; enjoyable workplace; freedom to travel
Cons: long hours; benefits could be better; pay could be higher
I've been a leasing agent with the company in Florida for some years now and the amount of care they put into their buildings is really rare in this industry. Whenever we have an issue on the premises, they send maintenance personnel out quickly to take care of it. I've worked for a few property companies now and JRK has by far been the best.
Awesome experience, helped me tremendously.
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experienced staff, supervisors, well known, industry experts
Cons: long hours; work holidays; nights
I credit my success in hotel management to everything JRK taught me back when I was an intern. I followed the suggestions of everybody there and it eventually led to me obtaining a full time job with the company. Now I’m off on my own and the skills I picked up have helped me tremendously.
Some of the best hotels in the world!
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: experience; classes; training; great management; friendly staff
Cons: long hours; bonuses could be better
I had the opportunity to work at one of the best hotel management companies in the world -- and the experience was amazing. As a hospitality assistant, I had the pleasure of working events that included celebrities, professional athletes and successful business people. JRK was a great company to work for and really helped launch my career.
This is a fast paced job that's not for the weak.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: long work days can sometimes be grueling, but that's just how this business is.
The world of investing and real estate is fast paced and relentless. This isn't the company's fault, rather it's the nature of the beast. Here, you're expected to work hard and make things happen. They will give you state of the art tools, an excellent compensation package and the staff to make it happen -- it's really up to you to use all of the stuff at your disposal. I was with the company for years prior to accepting a position at another company. JRK was instrumental in getting me to where I am today.
Really enjoy coming to work here.
Junior Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: as almost everyone has said, the hours. some days we go home early, other days we stay late. but it’s jus the nature of the business.
The pay is good, people are friendly and the company is constantly making moves. If you want to work in this industry, there really is no better place especially in Los Angeles. They really try to promote from within and only go outside when it’s absolutely necessary. If you get in here at the ground floor, stay loyal and work hard, they’ll promote you.
Great place to work for the real estate industry!
Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: indispensable experience in the real estate industry; cutting edge technology
Cons: long work hours
I have worked for the company for a few years now and my experience has been pleasant. Management definitely cares about us and my manager is always making sure that the employers under her are taken care of. I know the hours can be long but that’s a product of the industry – it’s not a negative of the employer.
Great place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: lots of room to promote
Cons: early work hours
I worked at this company for 7 years and really enjoyed it. At first it was a little bit of an adjustment because of the hard work they require, but once you realize the experience you’re gaining and the paychecks you’re bringing in, everything gets better. They expect honesty and loyalty from their employees and I don’t think that’s a bad thing.
Worst Company ever
Regional Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), AtlantaDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
Sucks, Awful Worst company ever. Run away if you ever get an offer from these guys. Ran buy number crunchers.
Very Unorganized
housekeeping (Current Employee), Nashville 10'000December 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: to expensive healthcare, poor communication, not everyone does their job, no tips(even the owner never leave a tip
THE EMPLOYEES AT THE SHERATON,DOWNTOWN NASHVILLE NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE(Except front desk). They expect to much to get done in little time. To much changing in management. The guest get fed BETTER than the employees. It's like back in the slave days.
Didnt like it
Maint (Former Employee), Fort WorthOctober 28, 2014
did not enjoy working here, overwhelming work place. high demand for saff
Best Company EVER!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, people, opportunities for growth, training, hr team, mentorship, salary, hours
Cons: no real cons i can think of.
I honestly don't know why all these other people are complaining, they are probably the kind of people who don't like to work for their bread and butter.

I absolutely love this company, what it stands for, its morale, and how they treat me.

As a woman, benefits are super important and JRK definitely takes care of their women - from maternity leave time to wonderful insurance. I truly enjoy how organized the company's structure is. There's definitely room to grow within the company which is always encouraged and well reimbursed.

Since we all have to have a job, I can't think of a better employer to work for really...
Horrible, Fake Reviews as on other sites
Top Brass (Current Employee), Los AngelesOctober 2, 2014
Cons: everything.. i feel for the employees that unwillingly step into the mouth of jaws
Let's tell it like it is and not pay someone to do fake reviews or get them from your scared, do anything not to get fired employees. This company is by far the worst. From the "spoon in the mouth green horns to the top brass. They treat the core of their business with no respect, class and could care less about residents or the frowned upon on-site employees. Just line the pockets off of others hard work and creativity. The properties are full of code violations and when something happens, they have you internally correct things. They have a ton of actions that is suitable for review. It will be only a matter of time until all is disclosed.
The worst company ever
Office (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: liars, deception
They do not value or appreciate hardworking dedicated employees. These vultures suck the life out of there employees provide no rewards or bonuses you are reward for doing less not more. The communication is horrible between upper management and lower employee that commit fraudulent acts and lie to residents constantly. Make promises without any results.
Dont waste your time
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2014
Pros: the office smelt good
Cons: everything
This company is a joke. They don't value their employees at all whether you're a slacker or a worker bee. I only lasted 30 days before the lazy manager lied on me because she couldn't get her work done. On top of that i didn't stand a chance bcuz she was best friends with the area manager. So i started looking for another job instantly. My manager there was so impersonal and rude to everyone i knew i wouldn't last long on top of residents leaving left and right. Making my leasing job even harder. In the first week they fired the other leasing agent, which left me alone. They hired a new one and fired her right after me claiming she misplaced a rent check that was dated before she even got hired! And the other 4 people they hired after us, are not around anymore either smh. Look at renter reviews and you'll see im not lying. Property was Glenbridge Manors and theyre still looking for employees now.

Basically, i found another job with a temp agency right away that ironically ended up being for JRK anyway. Talk about disappointed, well JRK forced me to resign asap saying my performance was unsatisfactory even tho in the month I had been there, I got them 20 new leases on their over priced ridiculous layout spider and worm filled apartments. The irony and funniest thing of all was That snooty manager and her best friend area mgr got fired a week later after bullying me to resign. LOL!

Oh yea and this company claims that leasing cant collect commissions because the owner apparently didnt make friends with the state of ohio and all leasing agents need to have a RE license to lease.
They don't even deserve one star
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), GeorgiaJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything!!!!!
This company does not care about their employees! They are cut throat and look at the bottom dollar instead of taking care of the property and residents. The Fountains at Chatham Parkway is falling apart and they can't keep a good staff and the property is falling apart.
This company has no idea how to treat its employees
Corporate Office Employee (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: at corporate they did have a lot of free lunch days where they ordered in different types of food.
Cons: they care nothing about training their employees, corporate is not staffed enough to support the field to do appropriate training, if we asked to go to a training it would be denied, their is no real evaluation to help you learn from your mistakes, end of the year reviews are not reviews, you don't get many "good job" comments from your direct bosses, thank you is like a foreign statement, having to be at work at 7:30, the owner of the company can even check sometimes to see if we are at our desks, honesty
The problem with this company is its culture. The Accounting Department fights with the Operations Department. Managers and/or top level executives do not know how to fairly handle issues between the departments and some of the employees suffer because of it. Long term faithful employees can be written up for trying to be a team player if it is for the other department. Employees are leaving in droves and Human Resources is just turning a blind eye to it. When issues even between employees in the same department are brought to HR, it even isn't handled correctly. They have had so many lawsuits that they decided to hire an arbitration firm to handle employee issues. If you did not sign the agreement it was a big issue. I was told that if I did not sign it, I would not be eligible for bonuses or career advancement. This is NOT legal and the signing would not stand up in court.
It was sad to see great people leave the company when treated badly as even at bad companies you bond with people and learn from them.
They don't staff their properties correctly to industry standard, yet they expect the property to be run to their high standards. They had a corporate employee of the quarter and we all felt it was a joke how they picked the person that "won". They also change their healthcare plans almost every year. Only once since my employment did they keep the same company for two years. A typical day is just a day of STRESS. Not much happiness. It comes from the top down.
This company also has no honest bone in them. Beware of some of the "good" reviews on this website. The company knew they had a bad reputation and asked people to help them out to make them look better. So trust the lower ones as a more honest look at what this company is really like.

January 20, 2015

What's sad, is that JRK is still advertising that it operates in 25 different states and has 1600+ employees after losing their largest client. So you people who are looking at this can now know they do not tell the truth. They haven't even made sure that their corporate website has all the properties they no longer manage do not show up. If they aren't in Arkansas, why do three properties still show up? You'd think the new owner's might be a little upset. Come on. Make the map look right and take the states away if you don't manage anything there!

Fast Paced Properties
Area Manager (Current Employee), Whitehall, OHJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: busy office
Cons: condition of properties are old
All Properties I have worked at have been extremely busy. Lots of traffic and even some renovations.
Fast, Fun and Employee Friendly Atmosphere
Property Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Los AngelesDecember 23, 2013
Pros: culture, opportunities, growth, training
Cons: politics, constant change.
I have been working for JRK Property for 2 years, 10 months. It is a fast, fun and employee friendly atmosphere and the company is a great place to start your career, it offers opportunities and exposure to learn and grow in all areas of the organization.

The company has very talented people who are committed to future growth and improving departmental processes and procedures to help the employees achieve their personal business and professional goals and overall growth.

My belief is if you can make it here you will make it anywhere because the vast experience that you will acquire will be a very valuable one that will remain with you always, and you will be thankfull for that.

To summarize, I have had an overall pleasant, fun and great learning experience working at JRK.

1 2 3