JRK Residential Employee Reviews

Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 5, 2017
high pressure to complete tasks with minimal supplies and unreasonable time limits. Went on a trip for them to another state, put my exspense report in six times with the help of four different property and regional managers and was never reimbursed.
Pros
Good Christmas bonus
Cons
stole back worked overtime hours
JRK is an amazing company to work for.
Springhouse Apartments, Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2016
JRK is an amazing company to work for. I wish they had more properties in Charleston, SC. I also would have loved to remain within their company, but due to circumstances with my regional manager at the time, I could no longer work there.
Fun and fast paced environment
Traveling Manager (Current Employee) –  NationwideJuly 7, 2016
Enjoyed the day-to-day financing of business, purchasing and collections. Coordinated daily work flow and scheduled meetings. Maintained confidentiality in all aspects of client information. Monitored and assisted with maintenance of website. Interacted with clients and vendors. Performed general clerical duties. Created and modified documents such as invoices, reports, memos, letters and financial statements. Collected and maintained inventory of office equipment and supplies. Prepared all marketing material and sales tools. Conducted self in a professional demeanor at all times with customers and vendors.
Adventure
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2016
I enjoyed traveling with JRK residential. I have a lot of great memories. I would say they could do more to boost the employee moral and training. Its a great company with a few bad apples undercover.
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
I worked for JRK to 13 years, but unfortunately my property was sold. They are amazing to work for, great people, nice properties great benefits.
Horrible Company- Fired me for being pregnant
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 28, 2016
This company fired me for being pregnant. This company allows residents to live in mold infested units with out telling them.
Great Start for young Leasing Agent
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 27, 2016
This company was a great start as my first leasing job although it had a lot of pitfalls hence why the management did a complete overhaul. The management staff was, unfortunately, undertrained and understaffed but overall I enjoyed my time as a successful leasing agent with this company.
Pros
Working the with public, Getting to Use my Spanish
Cons
Management was very undertrained and not very professional
Fast paced work enviorment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 11, 2015
Face paced work! Lack of management, and not a lot of training.
Co-workers were great to work around, and always had a great attitude and drive to do the best!
Pros
High Engery - always busy
Cons
stressful and lack of management
Beautiful community, Friendly staff.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMay 4, 2015
Very easygoing workplace as long as work is done in a timely manor with an attention to details. Expect to take on-call shifts as a member of the maintenance team, and be available 24/7 during that time.
Not a pleasant place to work
Compliance Manager/Business Coach (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Bottom line "centered" company, doesn't recognize most valuable asset....employees. Not a comfortable work culture. The company does not support work/life balance.
not good
PAINTER FOR A REALESTATE COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
i wanted long-term and thats not what i got ..... the people play nice then talk crazy behind your back it was two painters i was the fastes and the best but i spoke my mind and 100% respectful but i go no respect in return .....
Helping students
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 16, 2014
Assisting student with the work left from their teacher. Answer any questions that they may have.
Villages of Copperfield
Job - Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with JRK my property was fast paced and busy. The days flew by and I was able to help people which was very rewarding to me. I learned all the rules of leasing and how to run a leasing floor properly with flow and charisma. I took over the marketing ( for the property to keep us at a high occupancy and image for the company. Working in a large off was always enjoyable.
Pros
Comission, Christmas Bonus
Cons
Sundays
Management company does not care about employees or residents
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2014
Worst management company I've worked for. They don't care about their employees or residents of their communities. Properties managed by JRK are not maintained to keep up with local competition, yet prices are still just as high.
Pros
Property manager at Grandview property is great
Cons
Unprofessional staff, corporate office is unresponsive, employees are underpaid and unappreciated
Everyday has a new and exciting challenge
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2014
I deliver great customer service, manage a group of 4 employees, oversee a property of 264 apartment homes.
Challenging
Leasing Director Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Fast paced and challenging property. Always learning something new. Balance of work and life suffered.
Pros
challenging
Cons
balance of life and work suffered
very fast paced with lots of fun people to work with as residents
Assistant Manager/Leasing (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAFebruary 5, 2014
This Job was fun to do. I much enjoyed leasing and assisting my manager. The down fall of this specific property it's that is a Tax Credit community and Section 8, and it was very in depth. I wanted to get back into conventional because the potential is a lot better and the pay is better as well.
office job
Leasing Agent/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
I did like leasing but this particular property was not a good fit for me. I did like working with people and liked being able to show the apartments and point out the features that I found to be very unique. However the apartment industry is very unstable and I did not like how I was being moved to different properties.
Pros
Office Job
Cons
Seasons, commission
Stress Free workplace
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Work would consisted of working with Residents, Collections, and collecting data
Worst company
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2013
One of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Recently received a write up due to low closing rate. However, prior to my arrival the property was not doing well. I've honestly have never, in my working years, been written up. At my previous employer I was ranked high in secret shops and closing ratio. I'm just trying to clean up the mess that JRK has left: meaning never willing to negotiate renewals for residents, high rental rates high application fees and money hungry to charge for anything. Our residents see it and the only reason I was in this industry was because of my old employer. Left them because I had to move back to CA. Now JRK is asking me to sign a mediation and arbitration agreement form which I will not because it takes away your rights in a sense. I'm nearing my probation period and the excuse is that they forgot to add this to my new hire forms...bs! This company has no respect for its employees. I'm pleased with my manager and assistant manager but not for the company. I do my best to assure my residents are content by providing the customer service each person deserves.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything this company stands for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JRK Residential. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7