Judson Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to be
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 5, 2017
Wonderful place to volunteer at and be working one on one with the clients. Everyday was an adventure and was a delight to be a part of. Positive environment to be a part of.
Great experience in ABA program!
Behavior Tutor / Technician (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 30, 2017
I have been employed with Judson Center Autism Connections for several years. I have found a career in the field of ABA because of this program. As a behavior tutor (sometimes called behavior technician or RBT), you mainly work directly with children with autism on-the-floor, while developing programming "off-the-floor." Most of your time (32-35 hours) is spent on-the-floor.

This job is a lot of work and may not be for everyone. Children with autism learn differently and it can be very challenging. It is not a "day care" type of job, but it is definitely worthwhile if you plan on being in this field as a BCBA (behavior analyst) or being in a similar field working with children with autism. It is also great experience for special education teachers, counseling, speech language pathology, and social work.
Pros
Fulfilling job, room for growth, BCBA supervision
Cons
Not much down time
Horrible place to work
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  RoyMarch 29, 2017
Judson center (Autism Connections) is a horrible place to work. The supervisors are unprofessional. The behavior tutors are overworked and underpaid. Unless you are friends with other supervisors there is no room for growth at this job, no matter how dedicated or how hard you work. Leaving this company was one of the best decisions I made for my personal and professional growth.
Productive and Supportive Work Environment
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 27, 2017
Judson Center Autism Connections is a fantastic place to work! As a behavior tutor, you are given the opportunity to work independently and as a small team. There are plenty of opportunities for career advancement in the behavior tutor position, especially if you are in graduate school to get your BCBA. The supervisors are super supportive and willing to help out when a difficult situation arises. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Judson Center to anyone looking for an entry level position in the ABA world!
Pros
Peers, benefits, supportive environment
Cons
Great Place to develop your career
Behavior Tutor (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 27, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Judson Center Autism Connections. The work is extremely rewarding, especially the progress we get to see in our clients. The opportunity for practicum supervision, research and career advancement are great and really prepared me for future employment opportunities. My co- workers are very supportive, and it's a great culture to work in!
Pros
Practicum Supervision
Cons
Physical Demands
Don't do it.
Behavior Tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMarch 19, 2017
If you are considering applying here, I highly suggest looking elsewhere. Take it from someone who made this mistake. The deception starts when you’re hired in as a “full-time” staff only to find out you’re just a substitute, and continues when you don’t receive your promised sixth month raise on time, if at all. Behavior tutors are overworked and underpaid. The staff, specifically the supervisors, made the environment dreadful. They sit in their offices all day gossiping about the tutors and other inappropriate work topics while the tutors do all of the hard work without any recognition. There’s a reason this posting is posted all year round. Easily the most unprofessional work environment I have ever witnessed.
Pros
Clients, other behavior tutors
Cons
Management, salary
Nice atmosphere
Admin Support - Support Staff Clerk (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 14, 2017
Very busy place to work. Fast paced. Wonderful people
I like working with people. The hardest part of the job is watching the children with challenges. I understand though, my daughter is special needs as well.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Healthcare
Danger zone
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 19, 2017
Terrible place to work! Very little pay and lots of hard labor. Not to mention, they are prejudice! They are not very good with cultural diversity.
Pros
free trips
Cons
management pay
foster parent working at home
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Redford, MIAugust 4, 2016
working with children in your home, sometime you get good children and sometime they are distructive and aggressive. so you will need skills that can help you calm children with hurting them.
Terrible company to work for...
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 9, 2016
I worked for the Autism Connections department in Ann Arbor. One of the worst company's I've ever worked for in my professional career. They are not concerned with staff's self-care. Going completely downhill, with high turnover and staff leaving because they are unhappy with management. Started off great but lost two AMAZING BCBAs and has been going downhill ever since. They are unsupportive of furthering education if not in the field of ABA. Those that run the department are not attentive to any staff concerns, emotionally or physically. Personally, no matter what I did, I was never appreciated, and just more work was thrown my way. Completely unhealthy to my work/life balance. The second I started another job I felt emotionally and physically healthier. What does that say?
Pros
Great clients!
Cons
Management, never get a real break, long days with no assistance
the worst place I've ever worked
Behavior tutor (Former Employee) –  Royal oak michiganJuly 3, 2015
Horrible place to work! No chance of advancement unless you are friends with management. Staff are overworked and underpaid, offer working 7 straight hours without a break to eat or use the bathroom, while management sit in their office gossiping and talking down to staff. If you are thinking of applying here, I would highly consider somewhere else. Low pay, exhausting work, no support, and an unsafe work environment. They also are deceiving about when pay increases from $10.00 an hour, and often "forget" to increase it or make excuses why they won't. They also promise the ability to move up to full time in the future but they later say you can't.
Pros
The other staff you work with
Cons
No breaks, no support, insulting management
ridiculous expectations
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIFebruary 19, 2015
No support from upper management, horrible hours, no empathy. Overworked and underpaid. Little value for the safety and well-being of thier employees.
Pros
flexible
Cons
horrible work culture
Focused, Professional and secure environment
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 2, 2015
I enjoyed working a Judson Center Facility. My co- worker were very helpful and supportive in crisis situations. The hardiest part was watching the clients become depressed and lonely when there family members failed to conduct facility visits. The most enjoyable part was reuniting the youth back with there parents after their rehabilitation. I learned a great deal about the juvenile justice system in the city of Detroit.
Pros
The salary and good health benefits
Cons
Performing physical restraints on the youth
I don't recommend anyone to work for this company
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Redford, MINovember 13, 2014
The staff, especially the supervisors, made the environment horrific. I began looking for the same position with another company because of the unprofessional work environment.
Pros
Helping families
Cons
Terrible Management, Terrible Management, Terrible Management! Very unprofessional work environment, Low salary, Long Hours
The best thing is...
Post Adoption Specialist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 6, 2014
The best part of serving at Judson is my colleagues...my team. I can connect with them for support, encouragement and redirection.
Hard Working Foster Care Case Managers
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 26, 2014
No two days are necessarily going to be the same, because of the nature of foster care case management. Each of us are given a certain number of families on our caseload, Our job is to examine each case;meet the needs of the family toward a goal of family re-unification or the loss of parental rights in which case the child or children would be placed in a foster care home. Each case has to go through the court system and therefore each case file must be kept up-to-date, with any action taken on the case documented. There were monthly home visits, foster home visits, school visits, and quarterly court hearings on each family.
I learned how juggle time, and resources. Our Management person was a bit aloof, but she did her job.
One of the most challenging parts of the job was fitting all of the unexpected things that constantly popped up into a schedule that was already busting at the seams.
What I liked most about the job was helping families work out their problem and reunite.
My co-workers and I were very unified; helping and encouraging each other whenever possible.
Pros
My co-workers were supportive
Cons
Cases cut into private life, because you are on-call a lot.
great place to influence childen to become successful and mentor the youth
direct care worker (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIAugust 12, 2014
i learned different kinds of therepuetic measures to reach out to these abuse and neglected children.there was team work and comunication on the shift i performed on.very laid back yet we had our moments to shine and really add to the puzzle of completion in these young ladies lives.the hardest part of the job was the turn over rate and dealing with how the girls handled all the changes.the most enjoyable part of this job is to make a difference ,bond with and help prepare these young teens for life and all that it has to offer.also to offer them coping skills to deal with there past and the negative hurdles that they over came in there life,so that they could become more productive in todays society.
Pros
got to work with children and experience new things
Cons
it was pretty up and down as far as stability
Flexible
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor MIMay 20, 2014
The hours were very flexible and I was able to go to college full time and hold down another job. The pay was ok and there no benefits. There was no room for advancement and no job security.
Great Place to work, Great Benefits Sadly LOUSY Pay
Post Adoption Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 7, 2014
I loved EVERYTHING about Judson Center, the people, the job, everything EXCEPT the pay is terrible. They are aware of this and working on it. It should also be said they offer excellent benefits which employees pay little or nothing into!
Pros
Environment, Benefits, Training, Support of supervisors
Cons
Salary
judson center was a nice job who cared for special needs patients
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Judson center because I love helping people.. I felt very special to have helped people who cant do normal things on there own.. also, I enjoyed the look on the patients face when they felt like some one cared... through it all I made a lot of friends....
Pros
being able to put a smile on someones face..
Cons
having to work out in the cold sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Judson Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8