Judson Center

Judson Center Employee Reviews

Focused, Professional and secure environment
Youth Specialist (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: the salary and good health benefits
Cons: performing physical restraints on the youth
I enjoyed working a Judson Center Facility. My co- worker were very helpful and supportive in crisis situations. The hardiest part was watching the clients become depressed and lonely when there family members failed to conduct facility visits. The most enjoyable part was reuniting the youth back with there parents after their rehabilitation. I learned a great deal about the juvenile justice system in the city of Detroit.
I don't recommend anyone to work for this company
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Redford, MINovember 13, 2014
Pros: helping families
Cons: terrible management, terrible management! very unprofessional work environment, low salary, long hours
The staff, especially the supervisors, made the environment horrific. I began looking for the same position with another company because of the unprofessional work environment.
The best thing is...
Post Adoption Specialist (Current Employee), Flint, MINovember 6, 2014
The best part of serving at Judson is my colleagues...my team. I can connect with them for support, encouragement and redirection.
Hard Working Foster Care Case Managers
Case Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 26, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were supportive
Cons: cases cut into private life, because you are on-call a lot.
No two days are necessarily going to be the same, because of the nature of foster care case management. Each of us are given a certain number of families on our caseload, Our job is to examine each case;meet the needs of the family toward a goal of family re-unification or the loss of parental rights in which case the child or children would be placed in a foster care home. Each case has to go through the court system and therefore each case file must be kept up-to-date, with any action taken on the case documented. There were monthly home visits, foster home visits, school visits, and quarterly court hearings on each family.
I learned how juggle time, and resources. Our Management person was a bit aloof, but she did her job.
One of the most challenging parts of the job was fitting all of the unexpected things that constantly popped up into a schedule that was already busting at the seams.
What I liked most about the job was helping families work out their problem and reunite.
My co-workers and I were very unified; helping and encouraging each other whenever possible.
great place to influence childen to become successful and mentor the youth
direct care worker (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: got to work with children and experience new things
Cons: it was pretty up and down as far as stability
i learned different kinds of therepuetic measures to reach out to these abuse and neglected children.there was team work and comunication on the shift i performed on.very laid back yet we had our moments to shine and really add to the puzzle of completion in these young ladies lives.the hardest part of the job was the turn over rate and dealing with how the girls handled all the changes.the most enjoyable part of this job is to make a difference ,bond with and help prepare these young teens for life and all that it has to offer.also to offer them coping skills to deal with there past and the negative hurdles that they over came in there life,so that they could become more productive in todays society.
Flexible
Youth Mentor (Former Employee), Ann Arbor MIMay 20, 2014
The hours were very flexible and I was able to go to college full time and hold down another job. The pay was ok and there no benefits. There was no room for advancement and no job security.
Great Place to work, Great Benefits Sadly LOUSY Pay
Post Adoption Resource Center (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 7, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits, training, support of supervisors
Cons: salary
I loved EVERYTHING about Judson Center, the people, the job, everything EXCEPT the pay is terrible. They are aware of this and working on it. It should also be said they offer excellent benefits which employees pay little or nothing into!
judson center was a nice job who cared for special needs patients
Job Coach (Former Employee), Westland, MIFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: being able to put a smile on someones face..
Cons: having to work out in the cold sometimes
I enjoyed working for the Judson center because I love helping people.. I felt very special to have helped people who cant do normal things on there own.. also, I enjoyed the look on the patients face when they felt like some one cared... through it all I made a lot of friends....
Fun place to work!
In Home Case Manager (Current Employee), Warren, MichiganNovember 8, 2013
Pros: flexable work schedule
Cons: late evenings
There's never a duel moment. I have learned that everyone is different in there own way. Co worker are caring and helpful. The hardest part of the job is going into different environments not familiar with. The most enjoyable is knowing you have helped someone at the end of the day.
Excellent for entry level
Family Reunification Program (Former Employee), Redford, MINovember 1, 2013
Pros: flex scheduling, work from home, free healthcare
Mostly contract work, so jobs are not guaranteed. Low salaries, but excellent experience for a recent grad or returning to work force.
Terrible Place To WORK!
Job Coach (Former Employee), Walled Lake MI.October 7, 2013
Pros: helping mentally disabled people.
Cons: your actually working through them for other companies!
Assisting clients with THEIR jobs PLUS doing your job. Monitoring mentally challenged adults, changing diapers and working at different companies with the client.. who is not capable of doing their assigned job. But it must be done so u do it. The Judson Center has low pay and u work 3 jobs in one! HATED IT!
Job Coach
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 23, 2013
Assisted disable adults complete job skills in the community.
Productive and professional environment
Family Reunification Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2012
Provide in home therapy to clients.
Complete all necessary paperwork.
Work in a team setting to provide comprehensive services to clients.
Exciting, productive, and interesting workplace that I enjoyed
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free tickets to sports events, concerts, etc.
Cons: staying over if relief calls off
A normal day at work was exciting, interacting with mentally disabled individuals and assisting them with everyday living. I learned different ways in a positive manner to deal with consumers. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, who were team players and serious when completing tasks. The hardest part of the job was encouraging residents to eat meals they refuse to eat. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with consumers, taking them out for outdoor activities.
Not productive.
Direct Care Aide (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2012
Not enough vacation time. Management was terrible but the site was clean. Needs help.
Wonderful organization
MSW Intern (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIAugust 5, 2012
Great non-profit agency that provides numerous services to the community!