As the lead graphic designer, this person will contribute to the vision and execution of creative supporting William Pitt and Julia B. Fee Sotheby’s International Realty with a strong emphasis on print and digital graphic design. The ideal candidate will take an active role in the creation of the company advertising campaigns, collateral development, marketing materials as well as design elements for our company communications, all while adhering to the established graphic standards set forth in the Sotheby's International Realty's brand standards.
Reporting to the marketing manager, the lead graphic designer will also work closely with the brand’s marketing manager and COO to identify and develop new print and electronic advertising to help our firm maintain a leadership role and provide turnkey marketing tools/products for our offices to implement locally. The ability to shift gears in a fast pace environment is critical to the success of this role.
This person will work in a team environment and will be asked to maintain timelines for projects to ensure timely dissemination and consistency across our firm's collateral, event promotion, media presence and brand communications. The lead graphic designer will also be called upon to conceptualize new marketing ideas/concepts ideas and to help manage partner relationships for the development of marketing products/tools e.g., Spire, xpressdocs, Rezora, Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, stock image houses, etc.
The lead graphic designer will need to possess strong copywriting skills for contribution to our firm's communication tools as well as development of copy for the brand’s ads, brochures, postcards, etc.
- Associate’s Degree in Art, Design, Advertising or other applicable field or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite- Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Proficient in web banner design and website design.
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver and Flash programming.
- Working knowledge of IFrames and general social network design.
- Knowledge of tablet design and applications.
- Knowledge of mobile application development and permissions.
- The ability to write compliant HTML and CSS; knowledge and experience optimizing assets for web production is a plus.
- A Combination of digital graphic design and copy writing skills are required along with good typography skills.
- Possesses the ability to assess copy and design elements, helping to ensure that they work well together and will be effective.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- A proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background in luxury brand marketing is highly preferred.
- Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) is a big plus.
A portfolio that illustrates digital graphic design work and writing samples will be required. Please send salary requirements along with your resume for consideration. AA/EOE