Juma Ventures Employee Reviews

Juma is a good place to work at and good people there
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 9, 2017
At juma I had to work at the coliseum games for raiders and a's and other events I was a vendor and cash register selling products of coffee ice cream and juice it was fun cause u can move around and watch the games
Pros
Good service everyone will help u if you don't understand good pay have a hour break
Cons
Feet hurt stressful u can loose money
Excellent program
Cart Crew (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98104November 22, 2017
This is the best first job that I've had and i'm very thankful for my co-workers and managers. This is the a place you can consider everyone family. Honestly they all have respect and they make sure were successful in school.
Juma
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2017
Well established non-profit organization. Great opportunity for a high school student to make an income, as well as focus on school and thus higher education, college.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited hours
JUMA ventures was a learning curve
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Typical workday was come in full uniform, sign in, prep, serve customers, clean, after work meeting, go home. I learned great team work skills. Management was great. The culture of work was very youthful, very team oriented. Nothing hard, just do your job. Most enjoyable part was seeing the customer smile.
Ice cream
Vendor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2017
When i worked with Juma it was a vendor job i had to walk around qulacomm and sale ice ream to all the fans. Wasn't really the best of jobs but its helped me out in high school a lot.
Good for first job
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2017
Good first job to gain experience for future job career, get to watch free mariner Games! Meet plenty of new people some managers are a little more strict than others.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, strict
Fun job
Vendor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2017
Working with Juma Ventures was a great experience for me because I learned how to work with different types of people but I still had fun helping others.
Good
Cart Crew / Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2017
I worked at ATT park and I enjoyed every minute but towards the end of my run there, the organization made changes that me and my coworkers just didn't agree with.
A great place to start for youth with no Certifications/Degrees and little or no College Experience.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
For JUMA Ventures I worked in Concession Stands. Tasks were mainly stocking inventory, greeting and taking orders, operating cash registers, assisting chefs, supervising Concession Stand, and ensuring no cash excesses/shortages.
I think JUMA offers great beginner jobs for 18-22 year olds, people who have basic or no previous job experience, and the like.
If your a College Student in your Junior and Senior years with a clear career direction and educational background associated with that direction, I think your probably better off investing your time and effort to get an internship, research position, or any other on-campus job as commutes would be easier (if job is on-campus) and experience would be more related to your long-term career goals.
I liked how JUMA offered me more than just a job in which I come to work and get a paycheck. I really respected my manager, who I thought was really respectable, professional, and educated. He was more than just a manager, in many ways he was also a life coach.
Pros
College and Career Success workshops, Connections with good companies offering part-time/internship opportunities for 18-22 year olds, employee-friendly environment, free meal
Cons
Shifts occasionally end as late as 11:45 PM, Concession Stand Job paid $7.25/hour (unless promoted), parking can be difficult, no breaks during job
Great experience company just pay less and have no beneficts from the job
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2017
The company I work for was Juma Ventures the managers was very nice because I wasn't a angry employee or having no problem work at the job and I learn a lot of have to use team work to get the job done and when I get paid every two weeks I was notice it's was great start because it's was my first ever job. I looking for employment now for jobs that pay $10 hr -15 hr. My head Manager gave me recomdodictiom saying I great worked and would love to have me as her worker in future Life.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Break
It's a fun, fast paced work place and I had fun working there.
Runner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2017
When I worked there, I had a lot of fun being a Runner. Working with others made the job much easier. As a Runner, and Cashier, I had the best opportunity to communicate with the outside world. Meeting new people was also a good opportunity.
Pros
We were served dinner, after a long shift after we worked so hard.
Cons
We didn't get/ have any breaks.
Best job
Prep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 12, 2017
Ever since I started the job I have been really happy I enjoy every time i work this job is only seasonal so when the games start they call me I have to be the one to communicate even if they don't call or email
Pros
Free lunches awesome help
Cons
Sometimes dont communicate
Fun workplace to learn new skills.
Cart Crew (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98134March 17, 2017
It was a great community to learn new skills and meet new people to look up to. I loved spending time with my customer while im helping my coworkers. Im very thankful i had the opportunity to work here.
Fun Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 1, 2017
JUMA Ventures was a fun place to work at because it was my first legit job and it was at any stadium the company worked for so I would basically be going to games or concerts for free which I thought was super cool.
Productive and alot of unappreciated work
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I work only on baseball or soccer games as a cashier at a concession stand. Cleaning counters and aroung the place before customers came to order. What ever money I made was to be given to the person in charge. I had good co-workers and also very aggresive ones. The hardest part was when it's cold but you can't wear a jacket or sweart on top only if it was a certain color and also having to go very late. I enjoyed serving customers and making friends.
Pros
free lunch, some good people, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, aggresive attitude, impatience, etc.
Fast paced, great experience
Cashier for a concession stand (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2016
Overall great experience. Fast paced environment, serving mass amounts of customers, maintained and cleaned serving areas and countertops. Obtained cash handling skills and regularly handled a Turkey hill ice cream machine.
Bittersweet
Vendor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2016
The work days here start off long and boring until the event starts and you're actually working. I enjoyed it until me and other employees had problems with pay.
Pros
action
Cons
short breaks rushed
fun and productive place to work
Vendor, Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, wonderful place to work with the colleagues and to grow personally, Great Place to grow with in the company. loved working due to customers making an enjoyable day.
Okay place to work and sell product throughout stands
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CaAugust 14, 2015
I would get there then go to clock in. Then I would be told what product I would be selling that day out of ice tea, ice cream, or coffee. After I sell around 5 or 6 trays full of the product I would then come count up the money with the manager and work out all the transactions.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Short Shifts
fun place to work
Choir Member (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2015
fun place to work but you need to be physically fit and able to lift alot as well as be on your feet 8 to 9 hours, fun people to work with nice managers