Jumer's Casino & Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

True.
Slave (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, IllinoisJuly 9, 2015
Too much micro management. Most but not all managers have bad as_ written on their forehead....instead of realizing staff work harder with more honey and kindness, mutual respect....instead of only bees....Sad...as it could be a great place to work if everyone would follow the old adage..."Treat others like you want to be treated." It leaves staff feeling like underlings who really don't matter....leaving them feeling like slaves in a dog pit. Shame on Delaware North. They need "Undercover Boss" to get to the bottom of employees deplorable treatment.
Pros
customer service
Cons
Disrespect of employees.
Underutilized potential due to bad management
Private (Former Employee) –  Rock IslandFebruary 24, 2012
Management were numbers oriented and not employee oriented. The company refused to give raises for almost 14 years in my department.
Pros
new management
Cons
bad reputation for being a cheap company
Not a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock IslandApril 3, 2013
For the most part it's a busy atmosphere. The guests are extremely needy, demanding, and rude. Upper management caters to any guest with a complaint, even when that guest is just out to get something for free. No one stands up for the employees. The demands of any job in that facility are rediculous for the minimum wage that is received. Employees are required to memorize, exhibit, and recite a lot of information about guest service and several other programs. I would not recommend.
Pros
fun loving co-workers
Cons
upper management doesn't have a clue how to manage.
Jumer's Casino & Hotel
V.I.P Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILOctober 23, 2014
On a day to day work flow at Jumer's, was a constant attention to detail priority. Interacting with guests and their needs is time sensitive. Provided the best care and appeasement to each individual to the best of my abilities. The management team at Jumer's ban together for one ultimate goal, insure a smile of satisfaction when each guests leaves.
Great place
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMarch 26, 2013
I'd shoot my 5-Hour energy to start my night (usually worked 8pm-4am). I learned a lot about the guests, you get a lot of regulars come in. Management was the best I've ever worked under. My co-workers were all great, each with their own different personality, making the atmosphere so much fun. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers we had to cut off before they got drunk. All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
almost all of it
Cons
drunks
Good Place to work but hours not condusive to family
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rock ISlandApril 4, 2012
I would work here forever, but the hours do not fit my life. I enjoy the fast pace work environment, and the need to think on the fly. I don't enjoy working every major holiday.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours

2.9