JumpBunch Employee Reviews

great company to work for
Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2018
creative way to help kids learn leadership skills, team work and gain confidence through different and fun activities each week. We visit different schools each week where we teach the kids the basic of each sport we present.
Pros
great co-workers
Great Experiences
FITNESS & EXERCISE COACH (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 4, 2018
Great experiences learning to work with kids in a exercise environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing smiles on their faces as they learn exercises to help improve their well beings.
Fun work environment
Responsible to teach and coach (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 17, 2017
Great stepping stone with working with children. Such a great company to work for part time during college to learn life skills and time management. Staff was a pleasure to work with.
Kind, understanding leadership; pick your own schedule; incredibly fun
Preschool Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2017
If you are an artist or someone pursuing work in an industry that doesn't necessarily cover the bills, JumpBunch is the perfect place to go for part-time work. With an hourly rate of $25/hr, you can work a minimal amount of hours -- spending your free time focused on your other passions -- while still making a reasonable income.

The work is incredibly fun and rewarding. Preschoolers can often be a handful, but at JumpBunch you nearly always have a classroom teacher on hand to deal with bathroom break, dirty diapers, temper tantrums, and anything else that might distract from the other students' experience. With most classes being 30 minutes, and others being 90 at the most, you tend to get the best of the kids before they get tired and/or grumpy later on.

The hardest part of the job was commuting -- I lived in DC while most classes were in Maryland, but the pay was so good that gas wasn't a real issue and I was always able to review my lesson plans on the way over.

While interactions with other coaches was limited (we typically taught classes on our own) the director of the program and her assistant are phenomenal to work with. They expect the best of you, and assume you expect the same of yourself. When my car broke down, they were incredibly understanding about my missing the class the next day and they always cared about our experience and that we felt supported, prepared, and excited to teach each day.
Fun and rewarding career
Resource management, Coach, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 11, 2016
I owned the business so I had total control over the management, compensation and work/life balance. As a start up, the position is high risk and the compensation is unreliable. However, the work is rewarding and fun.
Managment
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 30, 2016
Great! and down to earth management and insure your work is going well for you as well as the company. If you love working with kids and enjoy contract work then this is the job for you!
Fun and great job working with kids
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  San JoseJune 29, 2015
Fun job working with kids. Peers and co workers were wonderful. Although the hours are flexible, there were not enough hours unless you are willing to drive far.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Very part time job--Not enough hours unless willing to drive
productive and fun place working with kids
Sports Instructor (Former Employee) –  patchogue,nyMay 28, 2015
the job was great fro the most part because you get paid to hangout with kids all day. unfortunetly, i feel like i was fired for no reason. i feel like i wasnt given time to warm up and show what i really had. basically. your a gym teacher for day cares and preschools. you play silly games with the kids all while keeping them active and occupied.
Wonderful place to work
Coach/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2014
If you need part time work and want a great boss this is the place. I love working for jumpbunch charleston. If it was full time I don't think I'd ever leave this job.
You mostly work by yourself so even if your coworkers are terrible that doesn't effect you.
The worst part is the driving, but it's very manageable and you get reimbursed for driving.
I love watching the kids grow and learn.
Pros
good pay, excellent management, fun, easy to learn the job
Cons
a lot of driving
Exciting and rewarding program
Manager/Coach (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 16, 2014
I get to teach sports and fitness to kids. I get to see the progression of kids in all aspects of growth including gross/fine motor skills. The work environment is great, we travel from daycare to daycare teaching new and interesting children.
Pros
Exercise
Cons
Lack of hours
Wonderful Job Environment
Preschool Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  Odenton, MDNovember 19, 2014
A typical work day consisted of teaching 3 or more 30-45 minute sport classes to children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years. It was my job to help children learn different sports and engage their imagination and eagerness to learn. Every day consisted of teaching a different sport and helping children to see how fitness can be fun!
Upper management was astounding. They were always there for proper guidance and strove to make sure all coaches were completely prepared for the classes they were to teach. As far as co-workers, you couldn't ask for better. There was nothing more fun than working with another coach. They were able to add input to your everyday routine and help you see how you could switch things up.
The most difficult part of the job was the physical strain. I was a very busy coach and spent at least 20 hours a week exercising and jumping around.
Obviously, the best part of the job was the children. I essentially got to play with them and get paid to do it! What better way is there to spend the day?
Cons
Physically exhausting
Fun and Enjoyable place to work.
Fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2014
Learned how to manage a group of kids and incorporate fitness and fun into the classes.
Fun, high-energy environment and wonderful supervisor
Communications and Hiring Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2012
Working as a communications and hiring coordinator for JumpBunch gave me a wonderful opportunity to interview and screen candidates for a paid position which would require interaction with young children ages 2 – 5. It required an energetic, playful, and dedicated professional to keep 10 – 15 children engaged at one time. I enabled JumpBunch to hire a competent professional who complemented the company’s mission – to provide structured physical activity to young minds and bodies.
Pros
great pay, professional supervisor, working with kids
Cons
no opportunity for job growth without a car