Jumpstart Employee Reviews

Extremely hard work compared to pay
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 20, 2017
I think Jumpstart is a great organization, with great intentions. However, they expect way to much from their employees compared to the amount we get paid.
Okay
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 11, 2017
Okay job to gain experience. It is not stressful, the kids are full of enjoyment. The workload is not hard to manage. The experience is what you make of it. This job can you do wonders if you put in the effort.
Student Volunteer
Corp Member (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAApril 7, 2017
The beautiful thing about jumpstart is that you get to serve as an AmeriCorps volunteer before graduating college. It's possible to serve as a volunteer all four years! This was one of the best experiences I has as a college student.
Pros
experience, scholarship
Cons
commitment
Life changing
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 21, 2017
Jumpstart is a safe place for children and staff to be able to learn and communicate effectively. It is a lovely environment to both teach and interact with students and teachers to work towards the main goal - aiding in the educational experience and development of little children in pre-school.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lack of team participation (although it varies)
Fun and Rewarding Job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 15, 2017
This job gave me so much experience and made me a much more well-rounded person. Working in a preschool is one of the most rewarding jobs ever, and it is super fun too! You make a lot of friends and form connections with your students.
Everyday at work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSMarch 13, 2017
This job was pretty easy. But there were alot of things I found wrong with it. The management being the main one. If you worked anything over 40 hours a week you would get paid cash for those extra hours. Lets say you worked 50 hours in one week, those extra 10 hours would be paid in cash. and it took me 3 weeks to get my first check on a job that paid every week.
Lovely experience with teachers and children
AmeriCorps Member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Children learning ways to participate in different strategies for their education
learning to manage as a substitute teacher while children's teachers support the curriculum
Creating an multi-cultural relationships, build relationships in a fun and safe environment
Being able to design lessons plans for the children
plan meetings with team members
Pros
Name tags and activities
Cons
have easier books for ages of kids level of learning
Organized and productive organization
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 23, 2017
This experience was a very productive one there was lots of communication involved and helpful stuff but on campus that helped with any questions that I had.
Pros
Scholarship
Cons
Short breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJJanuary 17, 2017
Although I it was a seasonal job, I enjoyed working here at this facility and wouldn't mind working there again. I learned to guid others and also learn that just helping a customer can make that customers.
Fun learning experience
AmeriCorps Core Member (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Taught preschool to students within low-economic communities
Learned how to overcome language barriers and involve the community
Managed a small group of 15 Preschoolers, with 2 partner children
Co-workers were passionate and always willing to help one another
Hardest part was accepting the living and health conditions these children were subject to
Most enjoyable part was watching them genuinely fall in love with learning
Fun work space
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Space of growth, fun and interactive activities and curriculum with children. This program attempts to close the kindergarten readiness gap which I think is admirable. It gives students the adult to student ratio that a child needs during an early childhood education.
I loved the fact that i got to work with children.
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 3, 2017
Working for jumpstart was cool. I was a college student so I didn't get directly paid, it was a federal work study job. But the experience I got from it was amazing. It made want to continue my education in family and child studies.
Great Opportunity
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working for Jumpstart has changed my life! I've never worked with such like-minded people before, all working with the same goal in mind. Management is so supportive and gives all the tools needed to succeed in the classroom.
Pros
Ample training!
Productive Enchancement
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 8, 2016
Interacting with children and enhancing their learning. Building a foundation for their future learning. Basic learning, writing, and comprehension.
Fun and Rewarding
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2016
Our team meets up once a week to prepare engaging activities for the students. We go to the school twice a week and read a new book to the students every week. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the students grow and mature just in a short amount of time.
Pros
bonds with children, meeting new people
Cons
long commute
Great college experience
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2016
I had a great time being a part of Jumpstart. It was the best experience of my college years. I highly recommend it.
wonderful experience
Other/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJuly 4, 2016
Jumpstart allows the student to get a feel of the education field. You're putting in important work thats needed among our community.
Great organization to work with to get your foot in the door of the educational field.
Corps Member and Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 26, 2016
The actual days we were in the classroom, me and my coworkers served as teacher assistants in the pre-school classroom. Prior to meeting, we would each prepare for our activities and produce materials to be used in session. Throughout the experience, we learned to work well with our fellow group members.
Enriching learning experience
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2016
Staying involved in the everyday child's life to succeed as they enter school in America. I've helped children from low-income backgrounds get the education they need that they don't have in the area of San Francisco, Bay Area. My job entailed reading to children, spelling, implementing lesson plans in classrooms, coming up with ideas, building up strategies with my colleagues, and finding ways to make the child's classroom environment enjoyable.
Pros
Implementing session plans, reading, arts, and making sure children get enough outdoor play
Cons
Short breaks
Fun, challenging, and wonderful co-workers
AmeriCorps member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 18, 2016
A day consisted of fun and meaningful interactions with children. We had to think in innovative ways to challenge the children academically and bring forth their creative sides simultaneously.
Pros
emphasis on excellent team work, good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jumpstart. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5