Jumpstart Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace interacting with preschoolers.
Corps Member - Team Leader Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 26, 2016
It was a great experience. I love working with kids, especially teaching preschol. However, I believe the management and organization of the company could be better. A typical day would be going into the classroom and setting up for the day. We did reading and then we did circle time and moved on to free play. I learned that every child learn and develops at a different pace. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the families and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to teach the kids overall.
Great work environment
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2016
Jumpstart is great, because you get to work with kids and you are helping to further their education. We read the book of the week to them, and that is when we teach them the vocab words. It is great to watch them use those words in their everyday vocabulary. I learned a very important lesson while working here, which is that no matter how trained or prepared you are for a problem, it is not always going to be able to be fixed the way you had practiced. This means you have to be able to think on your feet and come up with brand new solutions. I think that this was a great skill to sharpen for any future issue that I endeavor.
gained lots of expereince
Preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2016
it was a house where abused women lived with their kids. so while the moms had their therapy session I was entertaining and doing different activities with the kids.
Pros
gained lots of experience
Cons
it was very hard to work in that enviornment
Overall Program
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 15, 2015
As I walked into my Jumpstart interview at the beginning of my freshman year, I did not realize that I was walking into the heart of my future career. Jumpstart focuses on the day that every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed and for the past three years of my college career, I have been contributing to that mission. Being promoted from Corps Member to Team Leader and eventually to Volunteer Coordinator, I have cultivated an extreme passion for the work that Jumpstart does. This passion thrives from my own personal motto that it does not matter where you come from; you always have an opportunity for success. I strongly believe that with consistent support and guidance, as Jumpstart provides, students will succeed, regardless of their zip code.
Productive worksite
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
Wonderful opportunity for students and kids to help out with thier future. great opportunity for people working with kids
Youth Enrichment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MADecember 14, 2015
Reading to children as well as teaching songs and poems.

Engaging in meaningful and necessary conversation.

Passing on the skills needed to live a successful life.
Pros
Rewarding
It was a high energy environment that was very enthusiastic
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 3, 2015
Very enjoyable work environment which allowed me to work well with my team members along with other very friendly and personable staff members.
Working for Jumpstart allowed me to coordinate & participate events as well as work in an environment that was always changing.
Pros
community interaction, friendly staff, team building skills
Cons
occasional conflict with school schedule
Productive work place
independant Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
Very good boss. I learned how to drive a box truck!! The management is nice and undestandable. The best part of the job is team work!
Best Job Ever!
Core member (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 21, 2015
Best job I have ever had. I loved going to work ever single day. The children were the highlight and there is not anything I would not do to go back and continue passing it forward to little preschoolers.
Rewarding college job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CAJune 28, 2015
I worked at Jumpstart for three years during my undergrad, and I loved every moment of it. Although I was working relatively long hours (for a work study position) with little monetary compensation, it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. The children, the teachers, the coworkers, the support staff - everybody was wonderful to work with, and this job inspired me to work in an education nonprofit as a career.
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2015
Good educational experience. You get involved with many kids. Learn a lot about time management. Time consuming sometimes. Conference experience is good.
Great Learning Experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMay 18, 2015
I joined Jumpstart knowing very little about the program. The mission statement is to ensure that every child enters kindergarten prepared to succeed and that immediately sold me. With Jumpstart I gained strong leadership skills as I worked in a high demand environment. My favorite thing about Jumpstart is that you receive the support needed to succeed. The program offers many resources that will health you grow professionally and personally.
Pros
Program offers many resources that will health you grow professionally and personally.: Free lunches, etc.
Cons
if you are a full time student, this program may be time consuming. It is definitely achievable.: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Productive and fun enviroment for youth
Teachers Aid (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2015
Working with preschoolers in class rooms for the lower served communities. Gaining trusting relationships with youth and parents. Implementing lesson plans. Working with other corps members building a team. Completing a committed community service hours amount of 300.
Pros
Provide public transportation money. VERY flexible hours.
Cons
Depends on your school occupation wether you get stipends or bi-weekly checks
Awesome opportunity
Team Leader/Corp Member (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 2, 2015
This was my freshman year of college work study position and I loved it. It's what reassured me of my desire to work with children as a profession. I was given the opportunity to help two and three year olds develop skills necessary to succeed in kindergarten and beyond. We taught them math, English, and writing skills.
fun
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  boston maSeptember 10, 2015
worked with kids helped with reading and writing developed a curriculum for them to follow and had great results kids were reading and writing better great time
Learning and Growth
Corp Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2015
It was an amazing experience working with Jumpstart. I now know for sure that I would like pursuing a career in education.
Working with children
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Rainier Beach, WAMarch 6, 2015
Every Monday and Wednesday, I go into a classroom with my group members and assist the teachers in educating the children. We have our own lesson plan that we follow. Each week we have a different lesson plan to implement. Some children's first language isn't English. Our overall goal is to give these children the education they deserve as they live in the poorer areas of the city. My favorite part is seeing them grow throughout each session and breaking out of their shells.
productive and fun environment
Core Member (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work includes reading and writing to pre schoolers.We also have different activities set up for the kids.The most fun part of the job is seeing the smiles on the kids faces while reading a book to them.My co workers are fun and team organized.
Pros
free metro cards, stipends
fun loving environment
Teacher/mentor/trainer/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2015
i worked there and enjoyed each and every day i entered th ebuilding. the staff and children are the best with an awesome princibal .
Pros
collaboration with wisd teachers to get 4 year olds prepared for Kindergarten
Fun Work place for College Students
Corps member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2015
its a great program to be apart of, only if it a help towards your future career. i feel that jump start should be more Flexible with their schedule.

4.5