JumpstartMD (www.jumpstartmd.com) is a rapidly growing medically supervised weight management practice with 9 offices throughout the Bay Area. Through nutrition education, medicine, fitness, and behavioral counseling, our team of experts guides patients to improve their health and quality of life.
Amidst dynamic start-up growth, JumpstartMD seeks a mission-minded financial analyst to work with our financial team.
The financial analyst will assist JumpstartMD in making sound business decisions by compiling and analyzing financial related, operational and marketing information. This individual will work closely with various executives and across departments to build analyses that serve as the basis for making critical strategic decisions. You will be asked to create financial planning-related and analytical models, track performance against these models and track against key company performance metrics & industry benchmarks. You will be expected to work on multiple projects, simultaneously, that support multiple departments. You will need to pay attention to detail while finding ways to help the JumpstartMD senior management optimize and address financial challenges that we face as we continue to grow the business.
This position is part of the Finance team that provides financial analysis and support to JumpstartMD. The position offered is full-time with a home base at the corporate headquarters in San Bruno.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create financial models and ROI analysis to evaluate business/capital investments proposals/resource allocation
- Support the Controller by providing input and detailed modeling support for maintaining long-term corporate financial models, preparing reports, and developing external communications, where necessary.
- Build a strong and collaborative cross-functional relationship with various company executives to ensure timely delivery of project results.
- Build a strong knowledge base of our industry and business so that you can provide analytical insights into important trends and risks in our business.
- Play a key role in annual corporate-wide financial budgeting planning and analysis, working cross-functionally with department heads and management to provide roll-ups and reports on a timely basis
- Prepare other ad-hoc strategic and financial reports/analysis as required
The selected candidate should have an undergraduate or MBA degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting. Ideally, the candidate will have 3 - 5 years' work experience in financial planning & analysis. Cost accounting experience or a strong familiarity with managerial accounting concepts such as standard costing, variance analysis, and gross margin decomposition analysis is desirable. Health Care, service and/or Technology industry experience is preferred.
Strong problem solving, critical thinking, financial modeling, business acumen, teamwork and communication skills along with a demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic cross-functional environment are required. Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are required.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter specifically describing your interest and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.