Job Posting for Jumpstart MD Licensed Medical Professional
JumpstartMD is a growing physician-supervised weight loss center with nine offices throughout the Bay Area. Through one-on-one nutrition education, FDA-approved medication, lifestyle coaching, and ongoing support, our team of licensed medical professionals guide patients to healthier and richer lives.
JumpstartMD is seeking a mission-oriented licensed medical practitioner (Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to deliver medical care and oversight during consultations with weight-loss patients and to serve as a thought leader on obesity and weight loss at JumpstartMD. We currently have part-time openings in our San Bruno and Los Gatos clinics. Availability to work a flexible schedule across multiple locations is a plus. There is also opportunity for rapid expansion to a full time position if merited. Per diem candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a strong knowledge base of weight loss principles and strategies
- Conducting high quality and thorough patient consultations
- Building relationships to promote long-term patient success
- Collaborating with other JumpstartMD educators to improve the JumpstartMD program
- Assisting in daily operations
- Providing extraordinary patient care
Qualifications: The ideal licensed Medical Professional at JumpstartMD has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching.
Candidates must possess these interpersonal qualities:
- Superb interpersonal skills—a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful
- Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients with varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- Genuine empathy and compassion, especially as it relates to undertaking a difficult personal transition
- Strong conviction in the underlying rationale behind our approach
- Curiosity, desire to learn, and dedicated teacher
- Adaptability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
In addition, these technical skills and knowledge are required:
- Current California state license as a PA or NP
- Mastery of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the JumpstartMD weight loss approach
- Work experience in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated success in the role of teacher, trainer, coach
- First hand knowledge and experience in nutrition, fitness, and weight loss
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and outlining specifically how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
JumpstartMD was founded in 2007 by Drs. Conrad Lai and Sean Bourke, two Stanford-trained physicians concerned about the serious effects...