Job Posting for Jumpstart MD Licensed Medical Professional
JumpstartMD is a growing physician-supervised weight loss center with nine offices throughout the Bay Area. Through one-on-one nutrition education, FDA-approved medication, lifestyle coaching, and ongoing support, our team of licensed medical professionals guide patients to healthier and richer lives.
JumpstartMD is seeking a mission-oriented licensed medical practitioner (Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) to deliver medical care and oversight during consultations with weight-loss patients and to serve as a thought leader on obesity and weight loss at JumpstartMD. We currently have part-time openings in our San Bruno and Los Gatos clinics. Availability to work a flexible schedule across multiple locations is a plus. There is also opportunity for rapid expansion to a full time position if merited. Per diem candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a strong knowledge base of weight loss principles and strategies
- Conducting high quality and thorough patient consultations
- Building relationships to promote long-term patient success
- Collaborating with other JumpstartMD educators to improve the JumpstartMD program
- Assisting in daily operations
- Providing extraordinary patient care
Qualifications: The ideal licensed Medical Professional at JumpstartMD has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching.
Candidates must possess these interpersonal qualities:
- Superb interpersonal skills—a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful
- Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients with varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- Genuine empathy and compassion, especially as it relates to undertaking a difficult personal transition
- Strong conviction in the underlying rationale behind our approach
- Curiosity, desire to learn, and dedicated teacher
- Adaptability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
In addition, these technical skills and knowledge are required:
- Current California state license as a PA or NP
- Mastery of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the JumpstartMD weight loss approach
- Work experience in a clinical setting
- Demonstrated success in the role of teacher, trainer, coach
- First hand knowledge and experience in nutrition, fitness, and weight loss
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and outlining specifically how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.