JumpstartMD is a growing physician supervised weight loss center with offices throughout the Bay Area. Through one- on- one nutrition education, FDA approved medication, lifestyle coaching, and ongoing support, our team of experts work with our medical staff to guide patients to healthier and richer lives.
Jumpstart Medicine is seeking a mission-oriented licensed medical practitioner (P.A. or N.P) to deliver medical care and oversight during consultations with weight-loss patients and to serve as a thought leader on obesity and weight loss at Jumpstart Medicine. We currently have a part-time opening in our Los Gatos clinic. Over time, availability to work a flexible schedule across multiple locations is a plus. Saturday morning shift is required. There is also opportunity for rapid expansion to a full time position if merited.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a strong knowledge base of weight loss principles and strategies
- Conducting excellent patient consultations
- Building relationships to promote long-term patient success
- Collaborating with other Jumpstart counselors to improve the Jumpstart program
- Assisting in daily operations
- Providing extraordinary customer service
Qualifications: The ideal licensed Medical Professional at Jumpstart Medicine has a passion for helping individuals transform their lives through nutrition education, exercise guidance, and lifestyle coaching. Candidates must possess these qualities:
- Mastery of the physiology, pharmacology, and psychology underlying the Jumpstart weight loss approach
- Superb interpersonal skills—a “people person,” empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious, and tactful
- Ability to quickly build relationships with weight-loss patients with varying backgrounds, personalities, temperaments, and needs
- Genuine empathy and compassion, especially as it relates to undertaking a difficult personal transition
- Strong conviction in the underlying rationale behind our approach
- Curiosity, desire to learn, and dedicated teacher
- Adaptability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting
- Highly productive and efficient
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
In addition, these qualities are desired but not essential:
- Previous experience in the weight-loss field
- Background in nutrition, fitness, teaching, or coaching
- History of weight struggle and/or experience with the Jumpstart program
- Self-motivated and resourceful in seeking methods to improve the Jumpstart program
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to the email address above.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Jumpstart Medicine is a rapidly growing physician supervised weight loss center with offices throughout the Bay Area. Through one on one...