Junior Achievement of Chicago Employee Reviews

Religion, Supportive
Full-Time Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. People are super nice and caring! They are there to help you. You can enhance your spiritual life. You gain another perspective on life.
Pros
Spiritual Enhancement
Not what I expected in a part-time job
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2015
I began working for Junior Achievement on a part-time basis. I hired in at 20 hours per week but work 25-30 hours a week instead. This is full-time work but the expectation level is to get it done in 20 hours a week. The environment is very stressful when you are not making your program goals or funding goals. They push programs even if your co-workers are slacking off. The expect the entire team to help everyone else. They don't care about quality programs, only making the goals every year. I have some nice co-workers but the boss is incompetent and weak. He does not hold people accountable therefore, morale is very low. I had high hopes when I took this job but unless there is a major change in management, things will remain the same. It's too much stress for too little pay.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low compensation, stressful work environments, poor management
Great job out of college
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2014
JA is great first entry level job. There is plenty of opportunities to network with other professionals from our corporate sponsors.
Pros
A lot of time off.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Fast-paced non-profit environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
Managed groups of volunteers to deliver programs to youth.