Junior Achievement Employee Reviews

Awesome place to volunteer!
Junior Achievement Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2017
All materials are provided for volunteers, which is awesome. As long as you can find the time to go in to the classroom on a weekly basis for ~5 weeks, you're golden.
Educational and fun enviroment
Receptionist/Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 20, 2017
During summer time: Input and update daily excel sheet for catered lunch, answer phone calls and do light administrative paperwork.

During school year: Play slide show of schools that are attending on such day, communicate with public transportation for schools, introduce school staff and students to facility and direct them to appropriate area.
Pros
Long lunch, early hours
Awesome Event
Event Photographer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 7, 2017
I had a great time covering their holiday benefit dinner. It was very nice to see the students' work space at the JA headquarters in Edison, NJ. The night was full of laughter and smiles.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work for me was to answer incoming phone calls and messages and organize events and personal tasks for my supervisor. I learned how to be a great assistant and how to handle the pressure of making sure the tasks were all done properly and up to standards. The management was outstanding it ran very smoothly and their organization was key in the business. The workplace culture was fun and upbeat. I looked forward to going to work every day. The hardest part of the job was planning and making each work event run smoothly and the best to represent the company well. The most enjoyable part of the job were the management and the atmosphere.
Pros
compensation and experience and knowledge gained
Cons
planning golf tournament
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 30, 2017
I did several volunteer workshops teaching students about real world financial literacy. It was a great experience. I enjoyed the feeling that I made a difference.
very productive
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MP (MHS)January 3, 2017
able to learn new things and create stuff with your team. requires dedication towards the job, the teams are also very friendly and helpful. depending on how you run it you'll be able to get work done quick and efficient.
I loved the people at the company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 31, 2016
This was a volunteer job that turned into a summer job, I was a office clerk, I would do copying documents, faxing, data entry, making sure the back office is clean, folding mail and getting out to the mail box, the people over are very nice and so friendly I just felt like a team effort it was so nice to work for the group of women that I did
Pros
the culture, the management, the volunteer work
Cons
too far from where I lived
Fun teaching children about money
1ST GRADE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2016
It only lasted for one day but I liked teaching the little first graders about money the people around their community and how they were really intrigued by what my coworker and I had to say.
Amazing
o Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2015
Its an amazing program. The staff and manager were so nice and kind. They love what they do and enjoy working with high school students. They teach you and train you to be a teacher. They also teach about how to be mature about your work and not let anything come across your way to make you change your attitude an a negative way. I get to become a leader as a teacher. I read books to the kids and help each of them individually on their assignments. I help walked them to their destination-to the cafeteria and the auditorium. it was a wonderful experience, would love to do it again.
Pros
having fun
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  orlando flJuly 16, 2015
A lot to learn. Learned about schools, classrooms and what goes into maintaining a class. Got to work one-on-one with the children. Fun experience
Fun workplace with friendly faces
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2015
I learned here that I can become inceredibly organized and have a great eye for detail. The best part was getting to work occassionally with people of my own age.
fun and challenging-in-a-good-way opportunity
VOLUNTEER JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT (Current Employee) –  King CountyMay 26, 2015
Wonderful opportunity to connect and teach children in schools about how finances and businesses work. I would recommend anyone and everyone to give JA a try. One of the best things that was inveted for children!
A novel experience teaching young minds
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 3, 2015
A typical day of work includes instructing 8th grade students in various areas of financial literacy. This is achieved through a proven curriculum provided by Junior Achievement.
I enjoyed enter data and speaking with co-worker and Supervior
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 13, 2015
Data entering in Razer Edage, packing kits for children learning.
Data entering is very enjoyable and rewarding.
Co-works are very friendly and enjoyable to be around.
In my opinoin with my exprinces I do not feel there was a hard part about the job, that does not mean others may not find something hard about the job.
It is very enjoyable job,
Pros
Data entering, very friendly co-workers and Management.
Volunteer work at it's best
Volunteer, Junior Achievement (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 2, 2015
The reward of having fun with the kids while they learn about economics is very satisfying.
It's a great place to work
Financial Literacy Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WANovember 3, 2014
I am volunteering with a 4th grade class and love it. The director of the region is very helpful and kind.
Great organization with great content for students
Volunteer Classroom Presenter (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 3, 2014
Enjoyable way to interact with students and teach them practical lessons about business and economics
Good environment
Service Learner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
- Provided tools for me to exceed
- Learned that one time experience opportunities can benefit me greatly
- Most enjoyable part was seeing my hard work pay off
Its a wonderful place to work!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 28, 2014
I enjoy working with Junior Achievement. It was a great moment. The people are really nice and I got to work with kids. I always enjoy working with children. It was fun and I really enjoyed my time.
Fun, informative, productive,enthusiastic and welcoming.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abington Elementary SchoolAugust 21, 2014
Getting welcomed by children who are eager to learn and are friendly to new people they meet. I learned how to communicate to the children and adapt to their preferences. Management was professional and helpful. The hardest part was the lack of obedience in the classroom at times. The most enjoyable part is working with the children and teaching them valuable lessons.
Pros
Free lunch, great atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks