Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Very nice workplace
SHIPPING RECEIVING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 6, 2017
The workplace is nice and people there are friendly and very helpful. Easy access to public transportation. We get big discounts at the cafeteria and access to their gym.
Great place to learn
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 5, 2017
Challenging environment. Great learning experience and work balance culture.

Although conversion rate to FTE is low and benefits were not as great as other company.
Positive and productive experience
Business Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 27, 2017
Juniper Networks is a very good place to work. Management was supportive as were my peers. My positions challenged in a very positive ways and enabled me to grow professionally.
poor management
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 26, 2017
the company has no leadership, too many politics.
the upper management keeps changing. Usually, when there is laid-off, non-indians got affected first.
Learned allot
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 26, 2017
Working at Juniper networks allowed me to grow me Data Center Tech skills to a whole new level. I wouldn't be where I am today without the skills I learned working at Juniper Networks
Pros
Learning
Cons
Contracted
Management is clueless
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 25, 2017
Mid managers would walk on the backs of lower managers and employees. When you would try to bring it up to HR they would just turn the other way. Not a great company to climb in. Shaddy management.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Juniper is a great comany with great products.
Technical Support Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 21, 2017
Performed support on Junipers Ex product line.

Cases would get escalated, then support would work on them.

Performed lab replications on a daily basis.
Pros
Great product.
High Stress Everoment
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2017
Juniper is always looking for opportunity to make money, by doing so they always exploring new ideas trying beat the competition. This at times leads to overwhelm workload with a very short deadline.
Value engineering (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2017
Juniper is good place to work. They are trying to provide a balance workplace. I do not not my commute hours but that is part of Silicon Valley working conditions
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
Direction is not clear
Overall Care for Personnel Was Quite Good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 10, 2017
Management did not have as much backbone as I would have liked, however, if one was successful at accomplishing goals, one could be quite oblivious to all the negative energy that was present in some departments. The company was very focused on wooing summer interns on board to assure there was a fresh approach to the company's overall success. Unfortunately, the senior (age wise) personnel took a hit, as well as a back seat to these new recruits. They were ignored and poorly paid no matter whether they were overachievers, or average workers. Management had goals that had to be met - so there were areas that were quite cutthroat. Overall there were benefits that would somewhat make up for those that were put at the bottom of the barrel, however it isn't an environment that encourages older personnel to desire a continued career with the company.
Pros
Large company parties for achievements as well as social events during the holidays
Cons
Extended hours, insufficient amount of personnel for responsibilities
Fun workplace
Logistics Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 7, 2017
cool company to work with. Very relaxing and nice environment. I enjoy how people from different regions collaborate together. it was fun to have the cross functional team.
Great Company, Bad Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 6, 2017
Love the company. My current manager is terrible to work with and communicates poor. I love the rest of the team i work with and enjoy coming to work every day.
devops engineer at juniper
DevOps / Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 6, 2017
I love to work with juniper due to contract expiry I camout. the job culture is very good. the team is supportive. I would like to work this company again
Sr Staff (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 30, 2017
Challenging and balanced work environment.
High bars for success.
Fantastic team spirit and culture.
Fast paced. Quarterly releases.
Strong focus on virtualization,
Balanced work life
Technical Lead - NPI Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 15, 2017
Excellent place to work. Great colleagues. Great technology to learn.
Challenging market environment thus changes come quickly in terms of work.
Management is very supportive of ideas.
Technology
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2017
At one point, Juniper made great routers, but with expanding into the Enterprise and Security, they've lost their focus. It was a fun place to work and provided good solutions, but lacked the brand recognition in the Enterprise market.
Great place
Technical Support Engineer Staff (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 23, 2017
Great place to work and develop/sharpen your networking skills. Superb work culture and work/life balance. Opportunities to grow in routing, switching or security.
Good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Decent benefits. Came across few individuals who were extremely professional and dedicated towards their work. It was inspirational to meet such colleagues.
great benefits but long hours
Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 10, 2017
Juniper has great employee benefits, bonus plan, medical, dental, etc. However, they tend to work long hours, and there is no remote work day allowed.
Loved the Culture and the Authentic Teams
OFFICE CONCIERGE/PROJECT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 3, 2017
I loved working at Juniper for the 9 years I was there. I was given numerous opportunities to grow and excel in each of my positions. The entire management team including the C Level Executives were authentic as well as approachable at anytime.
My typical day would start at 630 am with someone whether it was a customer, account team or sales manager needing to get into the Briefing Center before the 7 am open. I would greet and walk every person in for a meeting to one of our 18 conference rooms in the 40,000 sq ft two level meeting space.We had both Corporate and Customer or Partner briefings daily.
The best part of my job was no two days were ever the same, with the constant flow of folks coming and going to the various different needs that each person would have. I loved the fast past ever changing dynamics with each briefing that occurred. One other aspect of my job that I loved was working with my team. It isn't often that you can work with a group of 8 woman and all get along. We all had our own roles but could step in for one another at anytime and we each appreciated one another for all that was contributed. At no time did anyone feel threatened by the help or constructive criticism given. The only reason I left my role was I needed to move to an area where I could afford a home and work toward a realistic retirement plan.
Pros
Bi-Annual bonus's, benefits package, best Manager ever in my last role
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.