Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Business Objects Report Developer/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Juniper Networks as Business Objects Report Developer, which is just right up my alley. I was empowered to make decisions to do my work as necessary to achieve desired results and provide customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good employee benefits.
Cons
Without anticipation, got laid off.
Product Manager Intern
Product Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 11, 2016
Pros
- I had a great learning experience.
- Great projects and guidance from mentor
- Company has a great culture of promoting new ideas, senior leaders spend time with interns

- HR team managed internship in an awesome way - speaker series, weekly events, ice cream, picnic etc. ect.

Cons
Requires prior understanding of networking to function well in the role.
Pros
Great place to learn, Great Culture, Compensation is competitive
Cons
Need to focus on emerging technology
Wonderful Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2016
Great Company with Great Culture. Juniper does drive you to really be at your best. When it comes to the Service Provider space they are bar none the best product manufactures for routing and switching equipment.
Pros
Great Technical People
Cons
Too Service Provider Focused.
Typical high tech work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 31, 2016
Work day was busy with most interactions done via email.Had the opportunity to manage my programs and projects with limited oversight. Juniper employees are generally very professional and are great to work with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, tough commute
Juniper Culture
World Wide Operation Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 5, 2016
Been with Juniper for 9 years because of the people and culture. Can't imagine working anywhere else. People are great and work/life balance is highly recommended by the company.
Pros
good work -life balance
Cons
none that I can think of
Challenging Environment
MD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Juniper is a solid company with many challenges in an evolving business environment. Their challenge is the ability and willingness to evolve the company strategy rapidly.
Pros
Solid compensation
Cons
Evolving business environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 3, 2016
Administrative duties, travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, scheduling conference rooms, processing SOW, P.O.'s, event planning - on and offsite, luncheons
Pros
Flexible hours, working remote
Work Environment
DevOps engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Always learn New Things Day to Day

Management Support is always help us to learn new things

Cool and Always fun when we are in trouble shooting issues
good place to work,very friendly people
INTERN, M HARDWARE ENGINEERING, JDI (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 14, 2016
Managers,co-workers are very friendly,very knowledgeable.
Best company to work.
Employee friendly with good benefits.
Nice culture good place to learn many things
One of the best places I've worked and overall positive outlook overall on company
Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 14, 2016
Great work life balance with great compensation & benefits, high overturn but the culture promotes a happy work life balance with flexibility which seems to make all happy.
Great company
General Counsel (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 21, 2016
The company is a great place to work. It has great work like balance and the people who work there have great work backgrounds. I would recommend it to everyone.
Very good Company
Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
I started with Juniper in Jan. 2016 for a short term project. My manager was great at balancing work and home life. Knowing my children were out of state he allowed frequent long visits home to visit them where I was allowed to work from home. He helped me to gain experience in a career field I was having issues breaking into after graduation and worked with me getting personal time Forensic hardware. I would have taken a full time position if would could have been and would have been offered.

The whole company was very supportive and took a lot of interest in me and my advancement in this field.

I chose to work 10 hour shifts and take a three day weekend. We were allowed to make our own hours as long as we didn't go over our 40. I could work half a day come home and head back at night if I wanted to. Such amazing co-workers and management is fantastic.
Pros
Work/home balance - pay
Cons
it was short term
Good culture, technology and management
Partner Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  BrazilJuly 30, 2016
Excllent co workers and work environment with high level of collaboration and excellent product line. Easy to work independently and remotely.
Fun
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 18, 2016
great co-workers
work and life balance
competitive salaries
competitive benefits package
fast paced environment like any other company in the bay area
Decent Place
Senior Manager, Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 8, 2016
Good work, nice people, strong industry, nice campus. Stock comp has been low, but pay OK. Sometimes it can be hard to get stuff done as not everyone is aligned or willing to listen
Good product company
Sr. Director Strategic Alliance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 4, 2016
Behind the competition but great networking product company. They need to invent and innovate to catch up with companies like Cisco and HPE.
it needs a direction
Software Engineer Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 10, 2016
There are big problems at management and executives level. This company needs a visionary that can lead it out of the mud.
Great
Senior GTM & Marketing Strategy (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Juniper is a great place to work great people to work with as well.
Job Location is at Sunnyvale. Good Team and a great company.

It is very important to have a balanced life and JUNIPER is great in that aspect as well.
Great oppurtunity to meet new people
Front Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 21, 2015
-busy corporate atmosphere, checking in visitors (2-10 people at a time). Working with familiar faces and a lot of new ones. Friendly greeter in person and over the phone. Answering high volume switchboard calls through out the day (80+ calls a day) Submitting help desk tickets for service support.
-I learned: how to multitask, organization, technical skills, interpersonal skills and how to be highly dependable.
Cons
no advancements
Excellent company
Senior EMC engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 30, 2015
Day to day activities covered design reviews, analyzing problem areas and developing mitigation strategies. Furthered my knowledge of international EMC requirements. My co workers covered all facets of R&D including marketing requirements, all of which were part of the developing team. Hardest part of the job was traveling away from home. My enjoyment of the job was to closely work with all engineering team members to produced a final products.
Pros
Overall company producing telecomunications products that were world class.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime