Jurupa Community Services District Employee Reviews in United States

Fun But Poor Management
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  EastvaleJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoy working in the community, especially when we do special events at our Eastvale Community Center or parks. There are major benefits working for the public and youth. However, there are some hideous and major inconsistencies in management.

We currently have new supervisors and they are very selective on how they treat certain part-time staff. They are very inconsistent in their communication as well. Also, there's clicks like any other job, but some reason this one takes the cake.

I've seen a new full-time recreation specialist hugging a part-time staff member and favoring other staff. It's a pure lack of professionalism. Sadly, I've also witnessed and experienced favoritism among management when it comes to promotions and shift scheduling.

This is sad, but even when it is brought to their attention they try to deflect everything you say and start making false accusations about you. It's sad because the company has so much potential to be a great parks and recreation department.

In the future, I hope they do change for the better.
Pros
working with youth (kids zone program), working and having fun with the community (eastvale residents), majority of employees are great to work with
Cons
inconsistent management, poor communication, favoritism over merit, gossip, clicks, false accusations, lack of professionalism
local,fun,something new and different everday.
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Eastvale CaDecember 27, 2012
A typical day would be based on your shift whether it was morning or afternoon. In the morning I watched over the before school program. Made sure the kids ate breakfast and walk the kids to school. The kids who did not have class stayed in our program and we had fun making crafts, having outdoor activities and ate a snack with story time. We also planned community events which was alot of fun. The management team based most of there advancements with company off of favortisim rather than experience and who was capable of the job. However, the co-workers were awesome !
Pros
involved with the community, flexible hours
Cons
management was about favortisim
Great workplace, perfect if you love to interact with kids and the community
Recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAApril 13, 2015
Working for JCSD is very satisfying and a thrill working with children, and getting the chance to impact their lives. Sports programs and party reservations are always
Great Place
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 21, 2012
Great place to start a career and work at, in the middle of everything and easy to get to. everyone is like a family here

4.5