Just Brakes

Just Brakes Employee Reviews

Great place for advancement
Manager and Facility Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 1, 2015
Just Brakes was a great place to advance within the company. I set goals daily and was able to attain them. It's a fast paced place to work with great people.
The company sucks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), tampa,flFebruary 28, 2015
The company is horribly run. There is nothing great about the company in the least bit. The work on cars is the only thing they do right
Awesome
Technician (Former Employee), mesa azNovember 25, 2014
Pros: always there to help.
Cons: short breaks and pay could have been better.
Everything was great with this company I really enjoyed working there I learned a lot while with the company management was there to help and they always took care of customers and employees.
Employees Beat Down
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discount auto repair and some great laughs
Cons: low esteem in employees alot of lay offs
Company went through allot of changes some good some not so good. New Owner really trying.
Numbers oriented, no concern for personal life outside of work
Center Manager (Current Employee), TexasOctober 16, 2014
Cons: how long do you have?
Company was recently purchased. Family atmosphere is gone, Brothers in the business are now using everyone to step on to try and look good. Upper management is unconcerned about managers who work 70 plus hours a week and heaven help you if you want to take any kind of community education or college classes. Weekend for managers are required. You might get 1 Sunday a month off to be with family.
Former District Manager
District Director for State of Georgia (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaSeptember 24, 2014
Great company to work with, outstanding benefits and experiences
Too many bosses
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton,FLSeptember 8, 2014
All I can say is that it is a good thing the company sold. Worked a 6 day week from 7am - 6pm and never any time off. Pay was horrible and they kept changing it over the yrs. Never enough staff members to help and always left it up to the Center Manager to advertise and hire, but never wanted to pay.
Hard Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ocala, FlAugust 14, 2014
Long hours. Work 6 days a week from open to close. That's all I have to say about it
Over worked and under paid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: everything else
Upper management continues to yell if quotas are not made. Company is only concerned with money. Lots of greed within this company. Excessively charging people for repairs they probably don't need. Not concerned about family time or family issues. Meaning no quality time off. Actually, no days off, especially the weekends. Work excessive amount of hours for little pay. No perks what so ever. No lunch time. Health insurance is junk. When the company was taken over, it was worst. Go find a job some where else.
A company all about the Benjamins.
Asst Market Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 7, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything about it.
Just Brakes is a profit driven company with little regard for the customer or employee.
It's a decent place to work
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 3, 2014
It's a decent place to work, but the pay is low and there isn't real job security.
the staff is great.
drivability and diagnostic tech. (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: the hours are never known. i need better security
always a wide range of repairs that i could chalange myself with.
Good place to work good peopel within company
lead tech (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAApril 21, 2014
Pros: all the bosses i worked with was easy to work with
Cons: you have to pay for all your own tools
repair vehicles talk to customers help fellow employees a lil joking
had a fun manager tward thae end of my time there
Full Time Mechanic (Former Employee), Keller, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: good manager in the end
Cons: changed management 4 time
did alot of brake work i know the brake system of almost any car like the back of my hand
Hard work, lots of skills, challenging, and fun
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: there was not much room for advancement.
Lots of very technical procedures and heavy lifting. I learned some of the different types of transmissions. management was very easy going. i worked with my best friend side by side. The hardest part for me was replacing the transmission after it was rebuilt. I enjoyed the challenge.
Good company with good intentions
Assistant Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2014
Eleven hour days minimum, if you work in Las Vegas you'll have to deal with the heat during the summer, most managers are a pleasure to work with but some aren't just not but they will mess with your pay and employment if the opportunity rises in which was what happened to me. Over all though it's a good company with good people, that will teach you everything about cars. The best thing about Just Brakes is they'll take the guys that know nothing about working on vehicles and give them a trade they can use for the rest of their lives.
With the right crew, it is a wonderful place to work.
Center manager (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: their university ensured staff kept all proper certifications. informative.
Cons: very long working hours with minimal off time.
Performed vehicle inspections, managed up to 8 employees, resolved customer complaints, ensured quality repairs at an affordable price, trained managers and assistant managers for the GA market.
Good but not Great
Wheel and Bleeder (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 25, 2013
Pros: different vehicles to work on, and uniforms
Cons: bad hour, bad pay
On a day to day basis it was the same, Clean the shop then work on and move out any vehicle that came in. what I learned wasn't all different from what I learned in the army except the only difference was the vehicle were domestic and not made for combat. My co-workers and I weren't involved, we had a work relationship and that was it. the hardest part of the job for me was trying to remember every procedure.
Wow this job could have been my life.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 17, 2013
Cons: still really wanted to go to school.
This job really did show me how to work on cars and how to make a little money that i never could have made with out this job. This job has saved me alot of money as i worked on cars that i had and freinds cars that i could make a little money when i did need help. So ya you could say that this job was one of the best jobs that i have had and i was in high school when i did get this job.
over rated
Assistant Manager / Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2013
get people in the door for 100 dollar brake job then try to sell them marked up parts they may or may not need

About Just Brakes

Just Brakes began back in 1980 with a single brake store located in Bryan, Texas. Today, we operate hundreds of stores in numerous – Read more

Just Brakes Salaries