Just Brakes Employee Reviews

All in all is was good working here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2017
I like what I learned from this company few things I didn't I agree with when it comes down to work schedules and time but for the most part it was ok happy to work there
Great place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2017
I love to work for just breaks, is was a company that did what I love to do, and that is to work on cars. Helping people with there problems is something that I love to do.working on car give you the feeling that you are saving someone life.That's the best thing about Just Breaks they care
Easy Going Shop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLMay 9, 2017
Easy going shop, super long hours, always room for overtime. Corporate doesn't care about anything but the money, no formal training, had to drive customers using my own vehicle.
Pros
cool people and environment
Cons
corporate
Just got bought by Pepboys, so things may change.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2017
Everything is about sales. They push you hard over the phone to sell even when no customers have come in all day. Pay sucks and the level of professionalism of the employees is comparable.

A good store is a stable environment with competent, even awesome, people. A bad store will have a two week turnover and management will struggle to keep it staffed.

A typical weekday can be relaxed, even boring. A weekend usually is nonstop action.
easy job just mistreated from corporate
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 29, 2017
I loved working for just brakes,I loved the hours but being a store manager and only making$8.19 an hour is crazy. We would have conference calls every morning with a member of corporate who would always put us down and disrespected all of the employees if we did not hot our daily sale target I eventually had enough and discontinued my employment with that company
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
hourly wage
Challange to meet target monthly
Store Manager, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 22, 2017
As with any management position, it is important to set work ethics for your employees. A good balance between respect of others and portraying management requirements of the job. The most enjoyable part of any job is success and I have been able to achieve target in sales every month I have been at this store when it had not reached target prior for several months. The hardest part of this employment has to be the required hours of work with a weekly 65 to 70 hours with only one day off. Over all, the people that I assist makes it all work it.
Pros
Self Esteem
fun workplace
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2017
I oversaw all daily store operations including ordering parts, preparing for the day, cash handling, employee development and customer service, I would also cleaned daily.
Pros
Sent me collage for my degree
Cons
no benefits
School
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
Worked long hours and barely made any money . Left to pursue other options and to focus a bit more on my current schooling. Was good work environment.
A Team Oriented, Support Driven Enviroment
Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2017
A typical work day consisted of helping 134 store's personal, with various skill levels, through different tasks in relationship to managing all aspects of daily business. The office staff was team oriented in providing, as well as, helped with hand off's within their departments. Clear, concise communication was a "must." The staff was likeble which allowed for a lot of humor and fun throughout the departments. I learned more about working and devolping a team in a supporting role, purchasing and logistics in relationship to Store needs and inventory.
Love everyday at Just Brakes and will until the end
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
If I wasn't being laid off, I would be staying with Just Brakes! Absolutely love my job and the people I work with. Couldn't ask for a better boss. Will miss Just Brakes
brakes ect.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  120th and washingtonFebruary 9, 2017
Rebuilding calipers, cutting rotors, timing belts, water pumps, oil and filter changes.

management was great

working in the heat and brake dust is the hardest part
Pros
lanny rose is a great boss
Cons
pay
Average corporate environment
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Management is strong, corporation holds daily conference calls regarding sales and is motivating. Average day consists of making calls to possible repeat customers, talking to walk in and telephone customers and upselling tickets after techs have inspected vehicles.
Good and routine work
Brake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 20, 2016
Great if you like a routine, pay wasn't all that great when I worked there; but money is definitely money. If you're looking for decent hours and money, its a place to try.
High pressure sales environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 9, 2016
Just brakes was a great place to gain basic automotive knowledge and excellent sales training. The high pressure however proved to be stressful at times and resulted in poor customer satisfaction
Pros
Rewarded for hard work
Cons
High pressure sales tactics required
Enjoyed customer service
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed having the ability to assist customers with their vehicle related issues. The company has a great philosophy however not all members of management share an ethical approach to supporting that.
Best company I have ever worked with.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2016
Just Brakes out of Dallas Texas is by far the best company I have ever been a part of. If cancer did not make me slow down a little I would have been there for life.
Just a job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 20, 2016
It is a means to pay bills. It is a great venue to help people with their vehicle troubles. Other then personal ethics to help people it is NOT a company to build a career with.
Pros
Pay can be good
Cons
Negative work atmosphere, constant job loss threats
High Pressure Sales/Demanding Upper Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
Unrealistic goals, unsatisfiable requirements, pay rate does not reflect long hours and work weeks, unprofessional upper management and administration, lack of guidance and support, bonuses offered to compensate are not attainable. Job stability is a constant worry and lack of follow through on protocol.
Pros
Co-workers, pleasing customers and seeing them happy
Cons
Workload, hours, upper management, lack of support
ok place to work
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
ok place to work, not much trainging,but has a ok atmosphere. This job does require long hours for management. You work with limited staff, and have to be creative with your ability to sale
Great company to work for
Regional Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2016
Growing company with great leadership. Company is going in the right direction and opening new stores. If you want to work for this company you can move up fast and run a market.
Pros
leadership
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Brakes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8