Just Brakes Employee Reviews

High Pressure Sales/Demanding Upper Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2016
Unrealistic goals, unsatisfiable requirements, pay rate does not reflect long hours and work weeks, unprofessional upper management and administration, lack of guidance and support, bonuses offered to compensate are not attainable. Job stability is a constant worry and lack of follow through on protocol.
Pros
Co-workers, pleasing customers and seeing them happy
Cons
Workload, hours, upper management, lack of support
Average corporate environment
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Management is strong, corporation holds daily conference calls regarding sales and is motivating. Average day consists of making calls to possible repeat customers, talking to walk in and telephone customers and upselling tickets after techs have inspected vehicles.
Enjoyed customer service
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed having the ability to assist customers with their vehicle related issues. The company has a great philosophy however not all members of management share an ethical approach to supporting that.
ok place to work
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
ok place to work, not much trainging,but has a ok atmosphere. This job does require long hours for management. You work with limited staff, and have to be creative with your ability to sale
High pressure sales environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 9, 2016
Just brakes was a great place to gain basic automotive knowledge and excellent sales training. The high pressure however proved to be stressful at times and resulted in poor customer satisfaction
Pros
Rewarded for hard work
Cons
High pressure sales tactics required
Management wasn't giving me many hours while I was there
Brake Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2016
- Worked minimum hours and got cut early; sometime would get there and not even clock in which was illegal.

- How to fix brakes, etc.

- Management at the time (don't know about now) was not good at all.

-Only two co-workers of mine were patient enough to teach me how to really fix brakes and the braking system.

- Everything was hard about the job. I was novice in the braking system. I studied auto tech in high school so brakes was brand new to me.

- Being able to learn about brakes was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Discount on maintainence for myself and family
Cons
Bad management, not enough hours
Just a job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 20, 2016
It is a means to pay bills. It is a great venue to help people with their vehicle troubles. Other then personal ethics to help people it is NOT a company to build a career with.
Pros
Pay can be good
Cons
Negative work atmosphere, constant job loss threats
Good and routine work
Brake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 20, 2016
Great if you like a routine, pay wasn't all that great when I worked there; but money is definitely money. If you're looking for decent hours and money, its a place to try.
Love everyday at Just Brakes and will until the end
PAYROLL ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
If I wasn't being laid off, I would be staying with Just Brakes! Absolutely love my job and the people I work with. Couldn't ask for a better boss. Will miss Just Brakes
Darrious Bradley
Assistant MGR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76116March 16, 2016
A typical day at work for Just Brakes, was like Roadside assistance having that ability to help someone with complete car care. I have learned to fully inspect the vehicle to solve the problem. Management was great and time managed with repairs. The hardest part was getting parts delivered on time. The security was poor, had no security or cameras. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Great Overtime Pay, Great Business
Cons
Healthcare, Security Purposes
Best company I have ever worked with.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2016
Just Brakes out of Dallas Texas is by far the best company I have ever been a part of. If cancer did not make me slow down a little I would have been there for life.
No Quality Just Bodies
Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 18, 2016
They really just hire bodies. In Technicians and management. Quality isn't what they look for and business constantly drops. Finding quality seems to hard for them and people that bring hope to the business and is clearly visible in customer reviews are turned down or not recognized for their deeds.
Had fun working here
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 23, 2016
Management hows too much favoritism. if you are part of the click you can do what you want when ever you want. i enjoyed the people i worked with. i learned alot about brakes and suspension
Great company to work for
Regional Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2016
Growing company with great leadership. Company is going in the right direction and opening new stores. If you want to work for this company you can move up fast and run a market.
Pros
leadership
Cons
hours
Hard work, lots of skills, challenging, and fun
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 18, 2014
Lots of very technical procedures and heavy lifting. I learned some of the different types of transmissions. management was very easy going. i worked with my best friend side by side. The hardest part for me was replacing the transmission after it was rebuilt. I enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
There was not much room for advancement.
Very fast paced job.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2012
This company was a very reliable company. They gave quarterly bonuses and pay raises accordingly. They also have title advancement opportunities constantly. I very much enjoyed working for this company.
Second worst job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 31, 2015
Oversee Auto Brake Repairs. Acquired Brake Repair Knowledge, Management inconsistent, Co. manager -Alcoholic on the job, Mechanic, same. Job not hard nor enjoyable.
Pros
Discounts on car upkeep
Cons
Sales Pressure
Over worked and under paid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2014
Upper management continues to yell if quotas are not made. Company is only concerned with money. Lots of greed within this company. Excessively charging people for repairs they probably don't need. Not concerned about family time or family issues. Meaning no quality time off. Actually, no days off, especially the weekends. Work excessive amount of hours for little pay. No perks what so ever. No lunch time. Health insurance is junk. When the company was taken over, it was worst. Go find a job some where else.
Pros
job
Cons
everything else
a hard working enviroment
Customer Service Manager and Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2015
A job that is based on the up sale with very little in commission offered for its employees. A job that depends on location, crew, mgt, and compassion. When all these items are in place a ok living can be made but take any of those items away and financial hardship awaits the employee. I was blessed to have a worked with a great team from director down to technicians but I knew of colleges who struggled.
Reliable place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2013
Co- workers were great management listens to employees. Not much advancement but secure job if you do what your supposed to do.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Brakes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7