Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews

It's an alright place
customer service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
I would not work here any more for the simple fact they pay on commission. You have to walk around outside in what every kind of weather, which I don't mind.
sales
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2015
it was an ok place to work. it was not for me after a while which is fine. I needed more balance in my life. made excellent money
fun work place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: no cap on money to be made
Cons: pay commission only
knock door to door for sales, I learned how to talk to people better. Management is open and flexible to how you work. co-workers are not around often except in morning meetings or knocking doors with you. The hardest part of the job is getting the customer to listen to you. The most enjoyable part of the job is signing the customer up.
Nice to have pool tables to enjoy at lunch time however, Supevision could be improved.
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee), Starkville, MSFebruary 24, 2015
It has been an awesome experience learning how each of these agencies have interconnected somehow. Working for Sitel Company has been an awaking experience to how important good supervision is to a company.
Its a fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 22, 2015
it changed everyday. the coworkers were nice. agents went door to door to sign customers up with a discounted rate for gas.
Not adept at using employee talents, productivity has improved, communication needs improvement
Operations Specialist - Accounts Receivables (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: being employed, tuition reimbursment
Cons: work atmosphere, communication, some management
The typical work day can become tedious and repetitive. Suggestions about process improvements seem to fall on deaf ears.
Most of what I have learned has not come through the company but by trial and error and higher education. some attempts have been made to improve this.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Bolingbrook,ILFebruary 14, 2015
Just Energy is a fun work place for any one who willing to put a 100% in the job. The manager Alex is a very funny and easy going guys who like to bring the laughter out of his employee
Nice people, Legal scam
Independent Contractor/Sales (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: you have to pay for everything youself
I know it is frowned upon to speak badly of a former employer, but I am a honest person. The company is well built to make money, and the people are nice. though con artests always seem nice. They utilize a legal window for energy companies. If a state works with indipendant companies for its energy needs, its up to the state to set the regulations of how that company can opperate in the state. Just Energy found a way to make money by working with local gas utility provider NIPSCO to legaly rase peoples home gas rates.
Relax yet professional environment.
Customer Service Representative/IT Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime and they really took care of their employees
Cons: short lunches
A workplace that was fast-paced and believed in promoting within. Managers and upper management were reachable and actually listened to suggestion that could improve the company.
Independent contractor for the gas and electric company
Agent (Current Employee), North Randall, OhioJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: work at your own flexible time
Cons: communication skills is a must to work with customers
I love my job very much is because I gets to see different customers each and every day. My job consists of me talking to customers about their gas and electric bills. I educate them about different customer choice programs that are out there and the different rates for the gas and electric bills. Not only do I educate them about different suppliers and what the customer choice program is about but I gets to educate them about our program as well. If they are interested in what our program is about then they can register with us if not at least I was able to give them some valuable information and that's what I like about my job.
Slavery!
Not even explained to me (Former Employee), Southfield, MIDecember 23, 2014
Cons: read my review
These crooks are extremely misleading! Just like a prior review stated, they place you in a group, then do separate interviews. They tell you that you must work Monday through Saturday from 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM. They say that you should be able to sell 3 deals a day at $55 each. So, if you're lucky, you make $13.75 an hour, working 72 hours a week! Stay away from them!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 17, 2014
This was the most fun amazing job that I had. Who wouldnt want to make money but also enjoy the company of they co workers and the beautiful out doors while getting your daily exercise at the same time. You also meet new friendly amazing people and if your doing your job and nice enough they just might offer you something cold to drink.
Independent Contractor (Direct Sales) (Former Employee), chelsea masDecember 10, 2014
Cons: bad ethics
morning meeting everyday for at least and hour or more
knocking peoples doors for 12 hours a day

i personally hated they job they sell you on a dream just to hire you at no point and time during the interview or training do they tell you that you will be knocking doors until your practically at someones door
Fun place
Indeoendent Contractor (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 8, 2014
door to door knocking, customer service, sell electricity, but it was difficult sometimes trying to get customers to switch electricity providers.
Fun work place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 8, 2014
Fun work place and hardest part was trying to get people to switch electricity providers.
Constant Work Environment
Business Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: cohesive team members, regular business hours and days
Cons: healthcare, holiday schedule
There was always work to be done and fires to put out. The job in itself was fun. Management did not encourage growth or promotion. Our team was very cohesive and was on point on meeting the sales and production company goals. The hardest part was just on the vision the company had overall. Most enjoyable was having rapport with the customers and making sure all their needs were met.
Decent Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bingham Farms, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: learning how natural gas is distributed to customers
Cons: not being able to tell the customers the whole truth
I am very thankful to have learned the things that I have learned from Just Energy. You learn all about Natural Gas and how to handle irate customers. I can honestly say I had very good co-workers and I really enjoyed the hours. I was saddened at the fact that I couldn't tell the customer that they are really not saving any money versus the their normal gas company.
DIVERSE WORK PLACE
customer service representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: short breaks
Easy going work environment with great people. Was able to go into work clock in and take calls , supervisors on hand if assistance needed.
Worst Company; for employees and customers
Sales person (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: basically everything
I was so extremely disappointed in my experience. Was not hired for the job that I applied for. Lots of useful information regarding energy companies ect during orientation. Set words that every rep had to say, basically forcing the consumer to not say no to you, forcing them to bring their bill to you which a majority of the time caused people to only become confused when we would look down at our iPad or book as they stood there, we would have to say back basically no matter what "absolutely but it's not abou that, so if you could please bring a copy of [bills] we can get you crossed off our lost" .. I was excited for this job until I realized that it's only about how much money you can make and how many people you can get to sign the papers. I felt like an utter a**hole trying to talk to people, hated the words I had to say because they were not true or informative to the real objective. Never told people of the benefits of green energy, or the truth of the visit, ect which disappointed me. Company owes me 125$ for signing a person up!!! never got replies back to my emails regarding the money..
The people I worked with were nice and enjoyable, would have to say that's the only good thing.
Long days and work weeks with no hourly pay, not worth the commission, or your time.
I went through reading reviews before I went to ye interview and said oh it may not be the way they said, if you're reading this to make up your mind if you should go to the interview or go to the job, don't waste your time!!!!
Door to door sales
Door-to-Door Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chelsea, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: no breaks
-own bussiness
- door to door
-long nights
-not a fun job
- hate no bring in deals
- no deals ,,no pay

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more

Just Energy Salaries