Just Energy Employee Reviews

Program analyst
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2017
• Review billing errors and ensure bills are processed accurately each day
• Process daily security sensitive reports pertaining to daily billing functions
• Complete escalated billing errors that are customer initiated
• Respond to operational requests coming in via emails in a timely and qualitative manner
n/a
SOLAR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMay 11, 2017
overall within this company its a great company, the compensation is great the culture in the office is awesome, everyone is nice and willing to help out anyway they can.
Pros
compensation is good
Cons
distance is to far
Good Atmosphere, no room for advancement
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suffern, NYMay 2, 2017
Though i have learned alot, i feel that there are shortcomings in regards to advancements in the workplace.

I want to be able to grow with a company and excel in all aspects of my job.

I have been here for a little over a year, and there are been a lot of changes, no increase in salary just added work.
Fun
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
I love this company. Such a family and supported atmosphere. Its fast paced somtimes you get things thrown at you but thats what you sign up for but hey wouldn't you?
Never paid on time .
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2017
The company would often make excuses as to why we weren't receiving our pay for sales. This company is very disorganized with very long unnecessary hours .
Cons
Constant walking no breaks
fun and demanting enviroment
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXApril 21, 2017
love to worked at McDonalds I always said as a customer we never imagine all the step that a fast food industry do to delivery a superior customer satisfaction and that was I learned working with this company.
Good money long hours
Network Marketing /Salesman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77041April 10, 2017
this is a comission based company. you get out what you put into it. door to door sales. long hours and they want you to work 7days a week. they just care about there money
Horrible work expierence
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 25, 2017
This taught me alot but it was not a real job but i got real work expierence from them and learned the trade of being and independent sales representative.
Door to door sales are still alive
Crew Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 23, 2017
During my time at Just Energy I was able to advance pretty quickly.
I found myself enjoying then job and its face to face customer experience. they give you plenty of opportunities to advance if you can meet a consistent sales criteria on a monthly basis. the cons of the job are the weather conditions your forced to work no matter how hot or cold there's no weather days off even in state of emergency, your still required to work
Pros
great oppertunities to advance
Cons
harsh weather conditions
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 19, 2017
I worked customer service by going door to door for comission to convince people to buy a discount for their gas company. Greeted customers with a smile and friendly attitude. Made sure my uniform was neat, clean, and presentable.
Pros
A lot of traveling
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible
Energy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 11, 2017
It's Horrible You can get fired for you team performance no job security what so ever they will first fire your big boss
Your main boss
Then your team lead
Then you and your team
Productive and fun workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 9, 2017
Didn't really like the job. It was wrong season of the year to be out trying to sale the product I was selling. Didn't like walking around in the dark knocking on people doors
Disappointing
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 9, 2017
The job literally did not pay. It was an extreme waste of time. I will never be returning to that job. I think its not for me. No one was really making any money.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Payment
Just Energy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2017
The pay was very good just did a lot of walking. It didn't matter if it was cold raining they dropped you off. Only got one time to eat before stopped at Mc Donalds. They was not professional. I will not go back to the company.
Learning experience
Customer Service Representative (i.c.) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 4, 2017
I learned a lot about the challenges of working independently and representing unhappy customers taught me a lot about the difference between fixed rates versus rates and fluctuations.
Pros
Money
Cons
Donuts
N/a
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 23, 2017
It was a pretty cool company, liked that we got to talk to new people daily. Something that I enjoy doing because networking opens a lot of doors for yourself.
Great place to work for entry level
Energy Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
This is a great place for beginners in the corporate sales group. You have to have alot of sales experience to make any real money. The opportunity is there but the company lacks training and it makes it hard for you to make the money they show you can make. The regional manager and all the other upper management are very encouraging but they need to have better training to see more progress in each individual they hire. They have a huge turn over because you just can't make money and the hours worked are extremely long hours with very little pay.
Pros
They used company vans, so you dont have to use your personal vehicle.
Cons
Long hours with no real training to make the "big money"
my impression of just energy
Private contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2017
[Just Energy] Everyday at Just Energy started out in the meeting room. My time with Just Energy taught me how to use my communication skills better and how to be a peoples person.Everyone was really positive and never really showed a diverse culture.The hardest part was learning how to communicate with people on a personal level.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
12 hour shift
May want to pass on this job unless your are desperate for a paycheck!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2017
Worked there under one director who was okay and they they got a new director who came from another company which did not improve under their leadership and wound up at this company. Under the new director the leadership is anything, but that. They have no idea what they are doing claims to be fair and unbiased, but very selective as to who they want to keep and listen to.

They started the surveys as a big push to improve customer service, but nothing has come about it. It seems to hurt the agents who are trying to get a little bonus each month based on ever changing qualifiers and scorecards. Communication is a thing of the past as no one will tell you of changes until you find out they have been implemented.

Managers don't know what to do, or how to go about it. It seems like if you do your job you may keep it, but if not they keep the laziest and most complaining people on payroll and get rid of the good hard working employees. Advancement is nonexistent, and all the jobs are going overseas. If you are in between jobs this may be a pit stop to earn a paycheck, but don't expect much of anything here. It used to be a decent place to work, but not anymore.

System upgrades and issues are a constant reminder why you should have a good IT department and spend money on good equipment and keep up with the new web browsers and software.

Training is very little with limited ongoing training based on availability of trainers and rooms. Meetings are held where you can find a spot.
Pros
Work for a good schedule
Cons
Poor Management, poor compensation, Surveys are a job ender, no opinion
sales
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 31, 2017
its a self responsibility work environment and great time management work that's give freedom of life. I learned how to be a sales rep, build great character and talk to people under pressure. most hardest part of the job is knocking door to door, but most enjoyable part of the job is meeting great people everyday.
Pros
time management
Cons
freedom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8