Just Energy Employee Reviews in United States

preductive workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 10, 2015
A day at just energy was always good it was long but I loved to hear the many questions that the clients had and they was they would laugh at our offers for the company but I loved that job.
Pros
free lunchoens
Cons
not enough hours
Non-Productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2015
This job was commission based depending on how many clients you get to sign with there program. Just energy did not offer enough training for new recruits which did not offer us the employees enough insight on how to sell there products.
Pros
traveled to different communties
Cons
lack of training
A Positive Place To Practice Productivity
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Just Energy is a leader in the new-age energy industry and you will hear great things about them in years to come. It is typical to speak to in the access of 80 customers each day and rarely speak to the same one ever again.

Patience and a positive attitude is a must in this industry and the Just Energy family surrounds you with positive people and you always have the support of your management team because they realize that your performance is a direct reflection of their impact.

There is no bigger challenge than the irate customer or the customer who breaks your heart with the tear jerking sob story, that's why I appreciate my family of coworkers. WE help each other stay focused and on task
Pros
location; supportive management; potlucks galore
Cons
its customer service
over all rating is always above average
ENERGY SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2015
I really had a good time with the company and some time i do make a better sale and huge financial benefit and convince some customers or consumers to sign in with just energy.
i do get awards and benefits if u sign alot of consumers.
Company that locks in Natural Gas price's.
Independent Contractor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIAugust 18, 2015
Got to walk around different city's talking to interesting people. Would give individuals the information on product and some would sign up.
Pros
Earn as you work, Meet new people
Cons
Found out it dose not help people in any way.
Fast paced work place with quotas to meet.
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  houston txAugust 18, 2015
Busy work environment short breaks, co-workers work as a team and we are compensated for good work.

Management were always nearby if help was needed, hardest part of the job was answering 120+ calls daily with short breaks.
Pros
Great lunch room with activities to get away for short breaks.
Cons
long busy hours with short breaks
Fast money
Electrical Supplier (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAAugust 16, 2015
Door to door service to customers. try to sell them low fixed rate on their electrical bill. Work in any type of weather and walking.
Just Energy is a commission based job
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILAugust 16, 2015
I liked interacting with different people. But walking door to door is not my dream job. 9 times out of 10 people don't want to be bothered with you.
High Compensation for Productivity
D2D rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 7, 2015
It was a great day almost everyday at Just Energy!
It is a door to door position, a relatively easy one.
You practice pitch and then go out and knock on doors based on what you've rehearsed to do well.
Co- workers felt like family and everyone got along fine and friendly
when I was working there.
The hardest part was the hardest part for me at any job which is repetitiveness but even that gets easier.
Bringing in deals on a easy day was the most enjoyable part for me,
Every day was an easy day.
Compensation was great! My advice to others is to bear through the 3 week hole when you first start And do your job
so you reap hefty bonus reward when the last week is up.
very mediocre
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  queens, kew gardensAugust 7, 2015
A typical day of work would had been going to bed very late around 12 am. After arising and then, reaching work late in the later hours of the morning. Later around mid afternoon, having to canvas around NJ area. The amount of Guidance could easily be minimum, and the amount of pressure could easily be tremendous seeming on recently hired employees.
I would have made more at McDonalds
Sales (Field) (Former Employee) –  WestmontAugust 3, 2015
Door to door sales. Commission only. I don't believe in it so I couldn't sell it! Great co-workers. Manager had a stick up his butt for the most part and my team leader was a dingbat. Unless you're an amazing salesperson, and believe in it I wouldn't bother. I worked here for about 8 months, 60-70 hours per week. I would have made more money at McDonalds.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor pay
Easy Money
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 2, 2015
If your a great salesman this is the job for you. A lot of competition in the building, and it helps motivate you. You can be yourself and get a lot out of it. Your not joining a team you join a family. They believe in reaching your goal everyday.
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJuly 15, 2015
The integrity of the management is questioned. The management does not allow your own opinions and are threatened and fired when someone voices an opinion. The rules are always changed and never given any notification in writing. You are not allowed to work independently and daily work life is always challenged by supervision. This may be a better place if the management had integrity. You may succeed in the job if you do not challenge or question a process. Very high turnover for employees. I have never worked in such a stressful environment, because you never feel like you have job security.
A friendly place to work, a typical day is a meeting every morning then after the annual meeting we gather our info on which neighborhood's to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2015
Great place to work, i have learned a lot like dealing with all types customers, i can say my customers services skills have greatly improved sine working there, i also learned on how to manage a team, the only difficult apart about the job was the excessive walking through the snow in the winter time plus the frigid cold temperature's, the enjoyable thing was seeing new faces & interacting people.
Pros
Company Van
Cons
Walking Outside
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Good company for entry level jobs also great to learn about the energy market and get knowledge for the field of energy. Started as a customer service rep and was promoted to the operations dept. I was able to work in advanced transactions and now I'm working in the billing department.
Hot summer
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2015
Second rate Company, working on door to door electricity sales was not a moment of my life that I would like to go back to, didn't adorn being called names by going up to peoples houses.
fun
Crew Coordinator (Former Employee) –  dallas , txJune 29, 2015
family environment i loved the commodity between everyone on the team its fun fresh and challenging it has helped me in many aspects of life
Little office of horror in the westchase district
Administrative Assistant / Jr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westchase District HoustonJune 22, 2015
The worst place to ever work. You will be overworked and underpaid, and have to lie to people on a daily basis. If you have no morals and do not mind working for free practically then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
There is not enough time in the day to list them all.
Secure Job / Well below industry average pay
Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
So long as you are an expert in your particular role within the company, then the position is secure. If you are looking to make a nice living (monetarily), then this is not the place for you. They are notorious for paying well below industry standards and are not shy to tell you the same. They also are notorious for stacking more work on you and not compensating you for it. Speak with anyone who has been there for any length of time and they will tell you how they perform the work/function of at least two to three individuals in any other comparable company.
If you are looking for a foot in the door and an opportunity to build your resume, this is a good place for that, don't be looking for long term career with good compensation, though.... you will be sadly disappointed.
customer serivce/ sales
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  houstonJune 12, 2015
Daily meet and daily goals and going about pick which area needed help the most and getting out there and helping them by servicing them with their electrical needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8