Just Energy Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Crew Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 1, 2015
Was a great job to start but management changes were made and this office turned into and unprofessional workplace. Would not recommend anyone working there under the current management team. Enter at your own risk!!!
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, Bad management in place. Would not recommend!
Wonderful Place to work
Resolution Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
The most rewarding experience. I loved working at Just Energy. We've became family rather coworkers. If I could I would still be there!
I like my jobs
cashier (Former Employee) –  chicago, ilMay 26, 2015
I really had fun with the people I spent my time around and the staff was nice we had plenty of jobs to keep on a task for a while
Pros
free lunches yes
Cons
the breaks was awesome we worked out side
High Energy workplace
Large Volume Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
Good customer service, great rates and protection. Serious pay issues. Great company. Excellent business model. Wonderful opportunity for the right mindset
Cons
Severe pay issues
working outside
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 30, 2015
this job was a tempary job. I learned how to talk to people and be comfortable with speaking to them. My co-worker were very helpful with the scipts we had to remember. The hardest part of the job is that not knowing if we were getting paid or not. If we didnt sign people up that we wouldnt get paid. I enjoyed walking , that really keep me in shape that year.
Productive and fun environment
DOOR-DOOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work is punching in at 11am and punching out at 9pm. Group meetings are held from 11am to 1pm where we practice our sales pitch and give praise to those who closed deals the day prior. From 1pm to 9pm we our out in the field going door to door trying to enroll customers into our program. This job has improved my communication and people skills. The hardest part of the job is accepting rejection whereas the most enjoyable part of this job is enrolling a new customer.
Pros
Great benefits ( health, medical, dental, 401k )
Cons
8 to 10 hours outside no matter the weather
My favorite
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 22, 2015
Great job! i traveled city to city door to door giving discount on gas and electricity bills. We sold month to month contracts. I did this for about 2 years
scam i think but not sure
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, MIApril 21, 2015
Fun job door to door sales a seasonal job commission pay stinks but the people around you are very professional,out spoken, nice and hard working but always smiling
Enjoyed parts and challenges of job
ASSISTANT CREW COORDINATOR; CREW COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Farmers BranchApril 19, 2015
My typical day at work is walking an average of 50 doors.
Closing 12-15 sales
Traveling to a different city daily sometimes travel out of town weekly.
Pros
Interacting with customers, gained people skills, travel, training others
Cons
Scheduling conflict, too many hours required, poor managment, untimely paid wages
Great pay
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILApril 10, 2015
It was a fun place to work except in the winter where we had to go door to door registering people's electricity and gas supply to Just Energy.
difficult
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 6, 2015
waited on customers
there was very minimal management
I enjoyed most people that I worked with
the rude customers
leaving with cash in my pocket
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kew Gardens, NYApril 4, 2015
Made a lot of relationships
The hardest part of the job was maintaining the Quota of how many interviews came in.
The Most enjoyable part of the job was the different types of people I got to meet and my coworkers that worked in the office with me.
fun job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  houston,TXMarch 30, 2015
I liked working for Just Energy because we traveled to different areas in and out of the city. I met seveal different people form different backgrounds. I really enjoyed the potential to make more money.
Unsafe
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2015
A typical work day was from 9 am to 11 pm, 7 days a week. I worked there for three months and made about 500 dollars. My co-workers would constantly try to get me to smoke weed and get drunk on the job. I was uncomfortable, overworked and underpaid. They had me go solicit in no soliciting zones, and I almost got arrested because I didn't have a license to solicit, which I didn't even know I needed. When I told my boss, he just brushed me off.

My boss, when he would sometimes come with us, lied to drive about 90 miles per hour down the highway. Every other word from his mouth was a curse word. He was rude and unprofessional.

The only good part of the job was learning something new and experiencing door-to-door sales. I learned a lot, but overall, it wasn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers, Management, Hours, Pay, Everything
If your cool with no social life its god
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
High energy enviorment because its sales driven. The higher ups are good people that want to see people advance because it further advances them.
Pros
good pay if your good
Cons
no pay if your not, no free time
Not Good
FULL TIME (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 14, 2015
Not organized. rude all the time. all coworkers where not professional
the hardest part of this job was dealing with the unprofessional people and being nice when everyone was rude
It's an alright place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
I would not work here any more for the simple fact they pay on commission. You have to walk around outside in what every kind of weather, which I don't mind.
sales
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2015
it was an ok place to work. it was not for me after a while which is fine. I needed more balance in my life. made excellent money
fun work place
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHFebruary 25, 2015
knock door to door for sales, I learned how to talk to people better. Management is open and flexible to how you work. co-workers are not around often except in morning meetings or knocking doors with you. The hardest part of the job is getting the customer to listen to you. The most enjoyable part of the job is signing the customer up.
Pros
no cap on money to be made
Cons
pay commission only
Nice to have pool tables to enjoy at lunch time however, Supevision could be improved.
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSFebruary 24, 2015
It has been an awesome experience learning how each of these agencies have interconnected somehow. Working for Sitel Company has been an awaking experience to how important good supervision is to a company.

2.8