Just Energy Employee Reviews

fun and exciting
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2016
Door to door sales. Tough job but well paid if you do the hard work. Worked on Commission based pay.
Pros
travel, good pay
Decent work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJuly 6, 2016
commission based company, didn't really have a life outside of work, I would travel two hours (public transportation) to and from work. 12 hour work days 9 a.m - 9 p.m
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no benifits, no outside life, if you dont sell, you dont get paid
Worst Job ever
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 23, 2016
walk around town and to get people to lock in a flat rate on their ulitity bill. I learned that not every job is a good job. Mangement was poor. I worked alone so i didnt even see my co workers like that. The hardest part of the job was getting 50 - 100 doors slammed in your face daily.
Pros
Cons
worst job ever
productive and fun when manage by the right people
Currently the companies top salesman in the state (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 17, 2016
a lot of money to be made there which I did make. But the hours were ridiculous. 6 days a week 12 hours
Up-beat and energetic environment
Marketing and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 2, 2016
Going door-to-door you never know what to expect. Everyday was an adventure. I learned to deal with different types of people as well as every situation is different and you have to learn to adjust. What works for one person may not work for the next so I learned to read my audience. The management team was actually really cool and understanding to life situations. My co-workers was like family. The hardest part of the job was working in unpleasant weather conditions. The most enjoyable part was talking to new people everyday.
Pros
Good pay, working outside, and great work environment
Cons
Very long hours, getting to work early and making it home late
Poor company with terrible management!!!
Customer Service Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIMay 6, 2016
This company has TERRIBLE management. The communication is lacking terribly. If you make mistakes you are chastised for it. Management walks around on their cell phones, eat at their desk and gossip. There's suppose to be a no cell phone environment. But management does what they want. Management plays favorite! If you are not a yes person you are a target. You have management gossping on the floor about personal issues, management messing around with each other The best part of the job was my coworkers that is is it. This was by far the worst company I've ever worked for. If you're desperate for a job this is the place for you. I say get paid for the 8 weeks training but PLEASE find something else!! You will be miserable working here!! I promise you that!!!!!!!!!
Pros
no weekends, great coworkers, 9-5 shift, occasional free lunch and snacks
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication, team leaders does not suuport their team
Energy Source
Retail Sales Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMay 3, 2016
This Job was the supply and demand, on how your energy bill goes up in the winter time and not everybody knows about the rates or what makes there bill go up
great company
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
great company, flexible schedules , great work environment, high call volume, great promotion oppurtunities, management his great, co workers are super friendly.
Great location, great people, hard work.
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 23, 2016
The people are great, management is typical. Typical day a bit stressful but at the end of the day productive. NO advancement opportunities available for fast track.
Pros
Great teams, great benefits
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Door To Door Sales
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2016
Terrible company. The way they went about sales was corrupt.
Very dishonest type of training.
scammed people into signing up.
not good
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2016
I would not refer anyone to this job. They want you to work and don't pay. I payed for my traveling, and lunch. they just give you a location and your on your own from there. Knocking on peoples doors for signatures in the freezing cold. They don't appreciate their workers at all.
Slow paced
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Just Energy was ok but, if you were not sure in your roll they kind of overlook you. You sit in limbo while everybody else around you does their work.
Hard Environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIMarch 9, 2016
Assisted residential and commercial customers with inquiries regarding their natural gas and electricity bills. I was later promoted to a recruiting position where I was responsible for bringing in potential candidates for employment.
productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 3, 2016
Great place to work, very team oriented, great benefits and pay.
fun environment, great management and a very enjoyable job due to being able to work independently.
Okay Job
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2016
Okay job, they differently helped me build my work experience. I also got the chance to meet many different people and we were working in a good environment.
Very positive and fun environment to perform in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoy being able to assist customer's with their needs. Taking more than 100 calls a day makes time fly very fast. I enjoy working with my team members, they are always respectful and treat you like family.
Pros
Great pay
Misleading and Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2016
The people who run the company are relatively nice, but the people they hire are very unprofessional and not educated at all. I worked with them for 3 days and that was more than enough time to realize I had made a HUGE mistake. The girls were at each other's necks. Not to mention you ride in broken down vehicles with random people to far away locations where you walk the neighborhoods asking people to sign up. You are gone from 9 am to 9 pm every single day!
Pros
You could go home and take a nap
Cons
All of it
half stressful half laidback
Independent Contractor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2016
One would work twelve plus hours when working with the rest of the team. A typical day consisted of role play from 8:00 to 11:00. Then a reward from the day before with a set goal listed on the board along with the Days competition (money for a certain amount of sells). Next we would get in the Car and head to whatever town we were scheduled to be in. we would Get out of the van and try to get at least 4 sells from 12:00 to 2. Lunch around 3 or 4. back to work till 10:00PM. I learned to not expect much from coworkers because they will let you down on purpose when at a commission based job. They will drop you off in areas they know wont want the assistance. The head of the building I worked at was a pretty good person, he was influential and a respectful man. The hardest part of the job was waiting for the commission to come, because I was homeless and couldn't afford to eat throughout the day. 8 hours on your feed and 12 hours with no food can get very hard. A few of the older women that were mothers offered to help some times but I didn't want to accept often. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding the good people and joking with them on the way up the road and the way back. A few male co-workers were so rude to the females, it disgusted me and I resigned. Another thing that I didn't like is that the company did not provide the transportation. The drivers weren't paid to drive and often didn't drive so well. It got pretty stressful at times depending on the driver.
Edit review
Pros
Good opportunity to make money. the chance to work solo
Cons
rude co-workers, long hours
fun
Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 10, 2016
this is a fun place to work however you have to be able to deal with the customers. other then that it is fun and can be entertaining. if you love helping people this is the job for you
Busy, Busy, Busy
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
Very long hours.
Working in all types of weather.
Great Incentives.
Great networking.
Direct Sales.
Positive attitude
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8