Justice Resource Institute Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Work Environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Thompson, CTSeptember 11, 2017
Excellent Training

Poor implementation of policies and procedures

Unprofessional Work Environment

Very difficult to get time off

Political/Social Environment

Lack of Staff - Not enough support (even in dangerous situations)
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Difficult to get time off, lack of staff
September 18, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We are pleased that the training provided, as well as the total compensation package offered by JRI, were appropriate and valued by you as an employee. Regarding staffing and time off, we can generally accommodate time off requests that are submitted with at least two weeks notice.

productive and fun place to work
Residential Counselor- Cohannet Academy (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 11, 2017
It is a good and fun place to work. At times it does get tough but the good outweighs the bad. The residents and staff are great and always willing to help
A for-employee company
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Middleton, MAAugust 9, 2017
Great benefits, great management. Flexible schedule. Training is always available if you want it. Great education advancement opportunities. Different settings is a plus
Great benefits, tough work atmosphere.
Employee (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 7, 2017
JRI as an agency is amazing. The benefits are above the competition. Pay isn't so great and the particular program I worked for was much to be desired.
Supportive nonprofit
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 27, 2017
Justice Resource Institute provides a supportive environment for growth and learning while maintaining a positive outlook and array of services for clients across states.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive managers, care for clients, benefits
Cons
Healthcare system
Flexible hours, supportive of staff
Regional Resource Center Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 24, 2017
Management was supportive of staff, training was encouraged and paid for. Job advancement was encouraged, however there was not a lot of of positions available. Good time off and benefits.
Pros
Good time off and benefits
Cons
lack of pay increases
didn't enjoy the job
Overnight Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 13, 2017
a lot of turnover
a lot of egos
The kids weren't treated properly
for some staff it was about the check and not the girls
no place to grow in the field
August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate it and will use it to improve our training and support systems. We never want an employee to have a negative experience working here and we are sorry that is how you felt leaving the position. This is a difficult job and unfortunately there can be turnover at the entry level positions. We are always looking for better and more creative ways to retain our work force as we, agree that replacing staff is not good for the youth and families we work with as they need our support and assistance. We have a strong reputation regarding the care provided to our youth and always reiterate to every employee to report anything they do not feel is meeting this standard. If you have any additional suggestions, please let us know - your Supervisor and the Director would love to hear more about your experience so please contact them anytime. Again, we are sorry that the position did not work out for you and wish you the best in your next steps!

No longer work there
Senior Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 12, 2017
I have nothing to say in regards to this Company since there was some issues in regards to management and the lack of leadership at the time. My time there was fun and educational is all I can say
Pros
Kids
Cons
Favoristism
August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope you had an opportunity to share your feelings with your supervisor. We never want an employee to have a negative experience working here and we are sorry that is how you felt leaving the position. Your feedback on “issues with management” would be valuable to hear more about. There are a number of people at JRI that you could speak with and you could always talk with our Human Resource Department. We are always looking for better and more creative ways to retain our work force. I am glad that you found the work educational and that your experience working with the youth was positive. If you have any additional suggestions, please let us know - we would love to hear more about your experience so please contact us anytime. Again, we are sorry that the position did not work out for you and wish you the best in your next steps!

Program Director (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 22, 2017
Good place to work, great culture or inclusion and empowerment for persons served and team. While it's a really big organization, it still feels like a small community organization because we're broken out into divisions.
Glen haven academy
Residential counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2017
This company is great I still stand behind their mission to provide a safe and learning environment for trauma inflicted or troubled youth. The work life balance could use a little tweek seems like people would call out and leave some one working 12 hours.
Pros
great hands on making a difference with youth
Cons
mandate list
Mission Driven Agency
Director of Training and Trauma Response (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 15, 2017
Justice Resource Institute is a mission driven organization that focuses on the pursuit of social justice and working with vulnerable populations across multiple settings. The senior management team is accessible, encouraging and supportive. They have provided me with the tools and support necessary to continue to grow within the agency and to expand my role. I have always felt encouraged to work independently but within the safety of a strong support network. I have most enjoyed working so closely with children, adolescents and families who have previously not felt heard and valued by providers.
Pros
benefits, social justice advocates, strong senior leadership team, many opportunities for growth
Love my job
Executive (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJune 15, 2017
JRI is a great place to work. Whether you are interesting in supporting parents to keep their kids safe, and at home, or mentoring victims of trafficking, teaching those with learning differences, or working with learning disabled adults--you can find a place here!
Pros
Mission, benefits, supports for education, training.
Cons
high intensity, challenging work
Great people and great mission!
Director (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 15, 2017
A great place to work if you want to advance your career and make a real difference every day. Many opportunities to contribute and learn about the field of human services. Exceptional benefits and competitive compensation. JRI is a career, not just a job!
Pros
Great colleagues, important work, fantastic benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Starting wage in this industry is low - not just at JRI
Good
Re- Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 25, 2017
Great place room to grow. Fast pace. Good management. Great co workers. Flexible and set schedule. Great team environment. Get compensate for mileages.
Pros
Hours
Benefits
Stressful work but great treatment model
clinical (Former Employee) –  CTMay 23, 2017
Work with most challenging community youth in the state. Flexible schedule, great benefits, ability to complete paperwork from home. Must be an independent worker as there is little support from management team.
Pros
Can complete paperwork from home, great benefit package, great treatment model
Cons
High stress, high turnover, work shedule changes all the time
Justice Institute work experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 19, 2017
Working at the Justice Resource Institute is a great experience because I am able to be a resource and assist clients with their needs. Though the clients were sometimes difficult, I have learned patience and how to interact well with clients that have disabilities.
Pros
Manager was flexible.
Cons
Clients were difficult to work with at times.
a for profit company!
Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Berkley, MAMay 11, 2017
didn't care for the company. I thought they would care about employees more.the position I had was amazing. I was making a difference in peoples lives but then I wasn't billing out enough and I was let go.
Pros
helping people
Cons
more interested in money than people
May 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your response. We are glad that you appreciated the opportunity to help people. We are disappointed that your employment experience at JRI was not positive. If staff have concerns about any work expectations we encourage them to speak with their manager or division vice president.

Cool
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 29, 2017
Once you get to know who you're working with and the clients, it becomes a joy to go into work. 24 kids can be quite a hassle but when you work as a team, it could flow well.
ups and downs
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 24, 2017
It's got it's ups and downs. It can be very stressful, but it can also be extremely fun. It's pretty much par of the course when it comes to human services
Excellent place to learn and grow professionally
Director (Current Employee) –  Thompson, CTApril 20, 2017
I've worked at JRI for over ten years, in several different programs and roles. JRI supported me in getting my master's degree, and really believes in growing talent from within. I started as an entry level direct care staff and was able to grow in the company through hard work and dedication. JRI CT does work with challenging children, but we really believe in the mission of social justice and that all kids can be successful. This approach is challenging and also so rewarding. BUT it's fast paced and can definitely be stressful. That is why we stress supervision and self-care. Lots of training and the benefits are unparalleled.
Pros
pay, benefits, training, mission driven work, tuition reimbursement, supportive culture
Cons
Can be stressful at times and challenging!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Resource Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval