Justice Resource Institute

Justice Resource Institute Employer Reviews

Best workplace I've been a part of so far
Support Staff (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJune 18, 2014
I worked with and helped manage adults with mental disabilities. My managers and coworkers were outstanding to work with.
Work along side DCF
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Taunton, MAMay 6, 2014
Pros: work with various individuals
Cons: budget issues
Challenging work; learned DCF requirements; challenge of balancing budgetary needs and needs of families.
Clean workplace with a great benefits package.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Pomfret, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: fun activities, good benefits
Cons: no breaks, high turnover because of stressful nature of the job
This job is team oriented, you have coworkers who really work together to fulfill the mission of the company and serve each individual based on their needs.
Great Work Experience
IN HOME BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST (Current Employee), Acton, MAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: extensive travel
Long hours, lots of paperwork, great clients. Collaborate with state agencies as well as school systems. Co workers from different background and degress
Great job for someone who can roll with the punches!
Program Manager (Current Employee), MAJanuary 22, 2014
This job can be very rewarding but also very stressful. There is a lot to do and I recommend it for someone who is single with no children or someone who has a strong support system at home.
Justice Resource Institute
Case Manager (Former Employee), Thompson, CT Phone 928-5900October 16, 2013
Pros: like-minded teamwork
Cons: extended driving
I was hired as part of a management team who were tasked to develop three new group homes and behavioral programs, policies and procedures for the rehabilitation of adolescents with a variety of behavioral, cognitive, and psychological disorders. A month into the job the funding that had been projected as forthcoming from DDS fell through. Consequently, – more... so did the planned management and staffing structures. I elected to move from group home management to the position of clinical case manager so that the Assistant Group Home manager whom we had already hired was promoted to Group Home Manager without a raise in pay, but did not suffer a pay cut.

Once opened, a typical work day saw me traveling to one of the three group homes where I provided individual, family and group therapy. My work day included case management, ensuring that all providers to include DDS and DCF were on the same page with progress and delivery of services. I worked closely with direct care staff to ensure best practices toward building therapeutic alliances with the residents. The most difficult part of the job was the extended travel. The group homes were located between Chesterfield (Norwich area) and Thompson. Often I would be called on to be at Thompson for staff training and then travel to two or more group homes for unexpected meetings mostly having to do with one of the children requiring crisis intervention. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a like-minded team who practiced a gentle and consistent approach to behavioral change, and who refrained from shaming, blaming or judging in order to manipulate behavioral compliance. – less
Great people and just when you think you seen it all, just wait a second.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: commute
I get into to work between 8am and 10am. Look at the communication log and see if I need to follow up on any situtations they may have occured after I left, check schedule, assign staff to taskes needed to be done through-out the shift, check all medications,(If any Doctor appt. are scheduled) Doctor appts. and make sure all proper paper work is in – more... place and filled out.
Most of the co-workers are pleasent to work with as a "TEAM."The commute is the hardest part of my job.
I love working with people and assisit with any help needed. Sometime it's just to listen to how they feel. – less
Great house to work in.
Lead Staff (Current Employee), Oakdale, CTMay 1, 2013
Pros: overtime is always available.
Cons: relief pool
Not much room for growth because of geographical issue. Our group home is apprx 50 miles from the others. Management supplied us with unlimited resources to make the house a fun and safe enviroment.
Summary
Program Manager Employment Services (Current Employee), Natick MAApril 1, 2013
Good place to work, Hardest part of the job was the always schedule and transport. I moved up to management fast. Co workers are ok, I learned a lot about human services and developmental disabilities. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the clients everyday and knowing that I helped them get a job.
Incredible learning experience, good pay, great benefits, physically/emotionally draining at times.
Residential counselor, asst supervisor, supervisor (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, weekly supervision, training
Cons: daily physical restraints, risk of injury, questionable upper management
Worked at one of the residential schools (live and attend school on site) with adolescent females. There is room to advance, camaraderie amongst direct care staff, immense training and education given weekly, and the chance to work in both the residential and educational capacity.
Good Benefits, Bad pay
Contracted employee for DYS (Former Employee), WestboroMarch 8, 2013
It's a DYS contracted company so if you like DYS, you'll like JRI.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Acton, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: gained experience as a receptionist
Cons: there was too much down time.
Answering phones, filing, faxing, photocopying. Greeting clients, arrange meetings,calender management. Preparing purchase orders and expense reports.
Productive, profession, and fun work place.
Senior Therapeutic Mentor (Former Employee), Acton, MAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: being your own boss, managing your time when to meet with clients.
Cons: long work days and stressful sometimes.
Typical work day was out in the community working with troubled youth. I learned a lot about maintain healthy boundaries and support juveniles while they were going though crisis. My co-workers were very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. I worked with a great team of people.
Had a basketball gym and ping pong table
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free meals
Cons: long work day 12 hours
Monitor kids while playing games and sitting behavioral limits on them.

How to be patient.

Supportive with employees.

Supported each other.

Sometimes having to physically retrain kids if they assaulted each other of staff.

Playing games with kids.
Counselor
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 28, 2012
Supervision of a group of twenty-six female residents within the program for behavioral and emotional difficulties, ages raging from thirteen to eighteen years, ensuring their safety and the safety of all members of our staff at all times, expressing exemplary behavior in front of the residents while maintaining structure, privacy, and respect.
Chanellenging place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Concord, MAAugust 12, 2012
Demands a lot from you. Have to always be on your toes. The residential counselors stick together and provided support for each other.
Incarcerated youth
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 20, 2012
The moral of the job compromised staff's attitudes and behaviors.

I learned how to work with the different attitudes and the laiser-faire behaviors of the staff by documenting any issues.

I enjoyed working with the boys on the units as a staff and advocate.
Excellent workplace
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJune 6, 2012
This place was the best 4 years work excellence I had. Wonderful company to work for.
Great Residentials for troubled youths
789 Stevens Road Swansea, MA (Former Employee), SupervisorNovember 7, 2011
Pros: room for advancement.
Cons: physical interventions needed at times.
This was an entry level position as a Residential Counselor. I soon became a Supervisor. I have found this to have been the best Company that I have ever worked for. I would not hesitate to take a part time position with them anytime. Great Administrative Residential Director