Justice Tween Brands Employee Reviews

Fun place to work but a lot of scheduling conflicts and employee disputes.
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 18, 2016
A great place to work if you love customer service. There can be a lot of problems with management and stress. Not very flexible with hours especially during the holidays. Expect no break unless your shift is over 6 hours.
Pros
A lot of great customer interaction/ positive customers
Cons
Little to no breaks. No raise or advancement opportunities.
I loved the message!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLMarch 8, 2017
I will miss my time with Justice, as my store is closing. The company believes in improving the self esteem of EVERY girl.Girls will hug you for making them feel pretty. You are the first bra, first sleep over, first everything...

Ascena brands expect a LOT out of management and expect perfection. If you can handle the task load, it's rewarding. Retail has it's ups and downs, it's hard to convert in a slowly dying mall such as mine.

I will miss my team and my customers :)
Pros
Hugs from customers! Good benefits package!
Cons
They expect a LOT of management, if you can handle the pressure it's a great company.
Always something to do
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 21, 2017
It's a fun place, especially when families shop in. I would say you start at minimum wage but every year (depending on your performance) you get a little raise. I learned how to speak with customers, proper cleaning routine in the morning/night, work the cashier, and fix all the stock in the back room. Great place if it's your first job in retail. Hardest part would be when customers would be upset but you learn how to handle that.

Obviously some days can be slow but there's always work to do!
Pros
Fun environment, fun music
Cons
Corporate, Customer difficulties sometimes
Its an okay place to work.
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Green Acres, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Hire better management
Non management deserve paid sick days and overtime and paid vacation. Better hours and in need of better policy.. also need a raise in wage
Pros
40 percent off
Cons
Short breaks low hours. No paid sick days or vacation for non managers.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 26, 2016
I could definitely show off my competitive sales skills and abilities. Management was great
I met new and exciting people everyday and I got to categorize their lifestyle and "dress it"!
Pros
job
Cons
salary
Teen Nightmare
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 12, 2017
The managers were really harsh on the the employees, they hired teen girls who would be rather rude and insensitive to the other employees. It was a very competitive job, you had to compete for positions within the store. While working with kids and parents were fun, it was the environment that caused me to quit.
Pros
welcoming exterior, good pay, discounts, flexible hours
Cons
bad management, horrid employees
Fun place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 15, 2016
The best part of the job is making the day of a customer whether it be the parent, grandparent, or little girl! Seeing their face light up when they pick the perfect outfit is so rewarding! You make lifelong friends with your coworkers but the management above the store level doesn't worr much about the balance of family life and work life, and there are late nights and early mornings during The holidays.
Pros
Fun, make the day better for kids
Cons
No work/home life balance
Fun with lots of Glitter
Assistant Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
I worked at Justice from 2008-2013 so I am sure much has changed, however when I worked there I felt it was a fun atmosphere to be in. It was my first job and I stayed for 5 years and had the opportunity to grow my management skills.
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Compensation
Girly and productive job to interact with young girls and help them pick out clothes.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at Justice is coming clocking and getting straight to your job and your standing all day and making sure your finding customers to help. The management was a really big help, they made sure you was alright at all times. The work place was lovely, I probably liked it so much because it was a all girl store , it was calm and pretty. The hardest part of the job is asking a customer do they need help and they say no and that one of the main priorities there. But for the most part I loved helping everyone that was interested.
Pros
Discounts and We were always helping out customers.
Cons
Standing on your feet all day
Love the message!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLMarch 14, 2017
Great benefits, promotes work life balance. High expectations of job performance, expect to be challenged.
Selling focused, unfortunately hard to make profit in my dying mall.
Pros
Great mission statement, benefits, work life balance
Cons
Difficult work load
Productive And Enjoyable
Lead Stylist Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 12, 2017
I really enjoyed talking with the parents and the kids. Seeing them smile made all the hard work worth it. I loved connecting with the children and getting the parents that came in a good deal too! Being pregnant while working there was a stretch but it was a lot of fun. Management was decent and I learned a lot about myself, managing other people, and how stores work behind closed doors. The girls I worked with were incredible and really good people. They all were patient in my learning and we all got along really well. The hardest part of the job was the hours and pay. I didn't make a whole lot and the hours were very inconsistent.
Pros
Very People Friendly
Cons
No Hours - Not Enough Pay
good communications with manger and employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 13, 2016
Obtain daily goals through out this position with team by having a daily chat ins . Also keeping track of all the conversions through the store and sales and always making sure each customer knows our daily promotions and policy's
Pros
great team and management
Cons
not enough hours and underpaid
Slow paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 31, 2017
I did enjoy my time at Justice for Girls, however I needed to moved forward with my career. I did not get what I wanted out of the job unfortunately.
Pros
Assistant Manager position
Cons
Short breaks, upper management did not care for employees, etc.
Good company, terrible expectations.
Assistant Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 5, 2016
Working for the company for a year and a half, I've been able to transition with the company from it's old marketing tactics to the new, and the changes have been awesome. The company has slowly been catching up to other stores technology wise, and the marketing seems to be getting less confusing for the customers, although most of them are still looking for the old "big percentage off of a higher price" marketing tactic. The kids that come into the store are almost enough to make working for the company worthwhile, and it's awesome to be able to make a girl's day. However, there are constantly changes with the company and their expectations of management are at times unrealistic, making it stressful for managers. Multiple sign changes within days, last minute updates to the store in general, customers are constantly frustrated by missing 1-day/2-day promotions, and all of it falls back onto management. The company itself has a great concept, and what it stands for is amazing, but the work is simply not worth it.
Productive Business, everyone knows how to do their job
Stylist Advisor/ Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 4, 2017
A typically day at work on a weekend is very busy, non-stop customers. On a weekday it is usually slow. I learned so much from them that i will be able to apply to other jobs in the future. Management is great, all the managers are nice, they all know what they have to do and get done in order to keep the store perfect. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the new inventory we get. The most enjoyable part is working with little girls, finding them clothes that boost their confidence.
Cons
Hours
Fast paced Retail outlet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 23, 2017
At Justice, there is always room to improve your skills and keep up with the fast-paced retail business. On slower days, I would help out about 50 people within about 5 hours, but on weekends, or sale days, there would be hundreds of customers to help find different sizes, maintain a good attitude and checkout. The hardest part of the ob was selling credit cards, but it was always enjoyable having customers treat you with respect, when that is often not the case when working in retail. Management was always uplifting and encouraging.
Justice
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 5, 2016
This was my first job ever, I really enjoyed working here while building friendships with my other staff members. I think this was a great first job but Justice needs to step up their game on pay raises. 23 cents is not a good enough raise for working there for three years they couldn't even give me a quarter raise.....
Pros
loved management
Cons
not enough pay
Nice break room
SALES ASSOCIATE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2016
My workday consisted of being assigned to a specific area in the store and inform customers about the new promotions going on in the store, greeting the customers and making sure customers spend over 50 dollars to receive coupons. I learned that you cant convince a customer to like something about a certain item but you can find another alternative and give more ideas that will make them like something else.My coworkers were very sweet and the company was very family oriented. The hardest part was making sure we clean the store and count down drawers and making sure noone was short and having to leave no later than 11. I loved the little kids that came in to shop and help them find their perfect outfit that they loved.
Pros
That it was at the mall and i could shop on my lunch break
Cons
People calling off all the time
Only good for a first time job ages 16-17
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 7, 2017
I had to do so much and for not enough pay, it was below minimum wage. It's good to work here if it's your first job, if you're 16-17. But if you're looking for a job that'll help you support your lifestyle etc, this isn't the one. This job would only be good if you were a manager to earn some decent money. I learned a lot working here and met some nice people. It was fast pace and I had to be on top of things. Overall experience, it wasn't bad but retail was not for me.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Low pay, selfish management, drama
The worst place I have ever worked.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 14, 2016
The store was run terribly always a mess. As I new manager I tried to fix these things was instead labeled as an outsider and was fired.
Pros
Can't think of any pros
Cons
Terrible organization and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Tween Brands. Our community is ready to answer.