Justice Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, good work environment.
Style adisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ALMarch 7, 2016
A typical day at Justice includes helping customers, working the cash register, straightening the sales floor, and providing excellent customer service to anyone who enters the store.
I have learned how to confidently talk to a customer about certain promotions in the store, and how to apply for a credit card.
The management at Justice is at an all time high. We have a wonderful manager who makes sure everything that needs to be done gets done, that every customer is satisfied with the customer service, and that all employees are following the guidelines set!
The employees all work hard and are kind to each other.
The hardest part of working at Justice is helping a mom and daughter with two different styles find something, but no matter the situation every customer I assist, I help find a happy medium the pleases both mom and daughter.
The most enjoyable part of working at Justice is picking out an outfit and the customer loving it and purchasing the outift!
Pros
It is an enjoyable place to work!
Cons
short breaks
Great environment for kids
Brand Rep/Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2016
A typical day at Justice is helping mom and daughter find the perfect and complete outfit at a reasonable price. What I have learned there is that for my area, customers will not shop if there is not a sale. Customers in the Fayetteville area like a good deal and tend to walk in and right out if there is not a sale. On the other hand regulars will buy regardless of price. The hardest part about the job is you have to be really flexible with hours, you may be scheduled off but they usually call you in, and even though it may seem nice to have hours, it gets very frequent and interferes with your daily life. Also if Justice is not making any money that day, your shift may be cancelled or you will be sent home. The worst part about the job is it doesn't really benefit you by working there other than helping out customers, you may work there 3+ years and only receive a 75 cent raise. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find exactly what they need at a good price, especially bigger girls who have self-esteem issues. Helping them find an outfit that fits and looks great on them makes the job fulfilling when they smile and feel better about themselves.
Pros
helping customers, especially regulars
Cons
work harder than pay, you have to be a little bit too flexible on hours
Positive and encouraging environment for girls
PT Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 14, 2016
Maintaining a comfortable place for young girls to shop and learn the latest styles. Talking up sales and promotions.
Learned how to approach someone who is self conscious or not too confident.
Management was unprofessional, and not much communication was made between managers causing problems within the store.
Sales associates were fun to work with and made it easy to keep a positive vibe in the store.
Being able to feel like a young girl who keep sup with the latest style trends and popular activities.
Pros
breaks often, discount
Cons
irresponsible employees, unprofessional management
This job is only good for girls going to school who need a first job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 16, 2016
This company is full of it. The product sucks and is over priced, the customers are snotty and rude. The culture and environment are very negative and send the wrong message. I can however say that the scheduling is flexible and the store is always fully staffed. Also vacation accumulates the longer you work. Other that that don't expect great pay or to be acknowledged for a great job you may be doing.
Cons
Management is rude especially the DM, pay, negative work environment, communication
No hours,low pay and very little chances of advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2016
Working at Justice is fun and they are very flexible with your schedule. However, the pay is minimum wage.There is also very little chances at advancing or receiving a raise. This job is surely for someone who is in high school. If you have bills to pay then the job is just not for you.
Pros
staff, working with children, flexible schedule
Cons
little hours and low pay
Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 19, 2016
You don't really work with kids, it's more about the parents. The huge complaint I have is the unrealistic standards that the company holds. Everything you do has a rule/way you do it or everything part of the store has a picture and when you get audited or the regional manager comes, you get clocked if it's not the way the company specifically wants it. There's little room for moving up in the company unless you work there for 1 year or higher. You can get tossed around to other stores too. One of my Lead Sales Associates got demoted and moved to another store because the manager felt like it. There's also little room for pay increases. Overall though, it's a super fun and high energy environment that keeps you on your toes. But DO NOT work here if you are lazy or "chill" because you will not fit in or be at the company standards for selling.
Pros
Super fun energy
Cons
Short/No breaks, little room for advancement, super high/unrealistic company standards
Would not recommend!
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  SudburyApril 6, 2016
Want to do the same amount of work as an assistant manager for less pay and little recognition? If so, become a keyholder (Leading Style Advisor) at Justice. Management in this company is terrible at store level due to poor communication skills all around and contradictory behaviour from the district manager. This company expects its employees to go "above and beyond" for them but does little to reciprocate.

Specific to my location:

High turn over rate of the employment of reliable, hard-working and dedicated employees. Unprofessional and lazy workers consistently managed to fly under the radar with little consequence due the store manager's personal biases.

Part time associates are composed mainly of college age drama queens who like to gossip. Lots of staff with no one to work as most employees frequently call in sick and are tardy.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, overly pushy sales approach, unreliable staff
The environment is not for me! Trying to find a NEW JOB!
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Giddings, TXFebruary 18, 2016
To much underhand, cheating, and unfairness to the youth that are here! It is so sad to say if I can do it all over again I would not have ever work here! It is not the youth that I work with It is the people! Some are good people that are helping the youth in a positive way and they are to many bad people that are bullying the youth and their co-workers if they don't play by their rules, lie cheat and falsify on state documents. But I learned a lot, I enjoy working with the youth, the hardest part of the job is dealing with adults Co-workers that have horrible behaviors, lie on you in your face and witness them treat the youth unfair! Trust and believe I do my part in reporting the unbelievable sad events that's occurring when I'm at work! Some management brush the issues under the rub because they are friends or have relationships with the co-workers. Its a sad situation!!
Productive and Fun workplace
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be greeting customers as soon as they walk through the door, asking and helping customers if they would like me to help them find anything, ringing customers out, and then going through the store and straightening the store to make it look nice. At Justice I learned how to have awesome customer service, and how to deal with angry people during stressful times. My managers are awesome, if you need any help they will always help you whenever you need. My co-workers are awesome as well, but I don't get to see them as much because I close all of the time. The hardest part of the job would be not getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when I can have a girl walk in with little to no confidence and by the time she leaves she has all the confidence in the world.
Pros
Right next to Target and Ulta.
Cons
Not enough hours, no benefits.
Productive and Fun place to work
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 22, 2016
Great place to work. Learned a lot like OPS and Cash handling, Co-workers are awesome. feels like a family. Management is easy going very fun people they really look after their co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job is trying to handle many people at once. The most enjoyable part is seeing your customers face light up when you find them something they love.
Very needy company
Assitant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 7, 2016
good place to work however not willing to allow you to work over your 40 hours a week to do all the tasks that you are required to do. example markdowns, re-tickets or marketing changes. they require you to take longer lunches so you don't go over your 40 hours even though you are spending all your time at the store. The store was enjoyable to help all the customer to try on all the awesome new product. excellent clothing line for little girls.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not paid for actual hours worked.
Justice Tween Brands
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Justice is great for part time asscociates who are willing to gain some customer service experience. The face to face interaction with customers grants the opportunity for sales asscoiates to open up and learn communication skills that can lead them in other professions, as well as other ventures in life.
Pros
exciting environment, communication, customer service, the people you meet
Cons
management, no guaranteed hours
Great Management and a wonderful work environment
STYLE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 19, 2016
I have nothing but positive things to say about the location I worked at. The management knew how to run shifts and made everything very simple. The training for the job was straight forward and simple. This was my first job in retail and it was a great experience.
Gained leadership skills and developed professionalism
Lead Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Greendale, WINovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work involved checking emails and opening registers. I learned how to maintain a sales floor and manage employees. The management and coworkers were great and reliable! The hardest part of the job was depending on the younger sales associates. The most enjoyable part of the job was working through the holiday and recommend gifts.
Pros
Fill the fridge and fun atmosphere.
Cons
Single employee in store for slower times.
very rude
Assistance Sales Leaders (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 1, 2016
Very rude management, very inappropriate, poor training. the only thing i absolutely loved was helping little girls find the perfect outfit.

other than that, i absolutely hated going to work to be disrespected by the management.
Pros
discount, hourly pay rate
Cons
poor attitudes
amazing experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 20, 2016
This is a great company to work for. they challenge you and help you get to the next level. I started as a sales associate and become the assistant manager. i learned so much about retail and management throughout my time with this company.
Overall, a steady job that just barely paid the bills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 27, 2016
I worked for two different Justice locations. The first location I worked at was an amazingly loving and encouraging environment to work in. The second location was the complete opposite. This job is not the most enjoyable because of the hours and small pay. So, if you do have good co-workers, this job quickly becomes miserable. I learned a lot about customer service and figuring out the most consistent way to uplift my co-workers. Some days are better than others depending on the customers that day. Working during the week was more enjoyable than the weekends because you get your faithful customers during the week.
Great Job as a First Job
Brand Rep (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work is basically, greeting customers and helping them in anyway you can. I learned a lot of patience and customer service skills while having this job. The management is overly strict which can affect other's in the workplace. But it is great as a first job. The coworkers that I had were very nice and were a help also. The hardest part of the job was catering to all of the mother's needs while trying to keep up the store at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children fly around the store in awe and love of the products.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, Low pay for the work load
fun and i felt like a little girl again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 15, 2015
I love working with little girls and making them happy. I never worked with clothing retail. It was a different experience but I liked it. I love working with people and meeting new people. The hours were hard for me because I have a family. The company was in the mall so the hours were a little different than what I was use to. The health benefits were great too. The people I worked with were great too.
Fun place to work
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
Enjoyed the staff and the customers. Learned how to sell more efficiently. Improved my people skills. Excellent management. Very fun store.