Juvo Autism + Behavioral Health Services

Juvo Autism + Behavioral Health Services Employee Reviews

Behavior Tech
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 3, 2017
Seeing your client progress is rewarding but the job is physically demanding and can be very frustrating when the parents don't cooperate with the behavior plan. The hours they also gave were terrible and were not realistic if you have life responsibilities.
Cons
short to no breaks, terrible hours
Behavior Therapist
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2017
Working one on one with children on the autism spectrum is an important job. Getting to know the families and making a difference in their child's life is very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with children and seeing their progress day to day.
I Miss My Kiddos
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2017
I started this job my senior year of college and it was great for that stage in my life. The pay can be better but I have no real complaints compared to Positive Pathways (avoid them). That company made me miss Ed Supports and my kiddos. You'll know if ABA is for you ASAP. Hours can be unstable when kids call out sick but that's it. I loved the cancellation policy because sometimes I got paid for free!
Pros
I got lucky and got great kids
Cons
Pay more
Great supervisors and training
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2017
The mandatory training with this company really defines why this is such a successful and rewarding company to work for. Meeting the CEO, practicing role play, and working with others who do/don't have experience in the field was the best part about being with this company. I felt very close to the staff and the atmosphere was young, patient, and supportive. The scheduler had everything together and the supervisors were always on it.

Also, the company compensates for last minute cancellations and allows you to bill the entire session if ended early- which is a super plus!
Pros
Great coworkers, hours, compensation
Cons
Waiting to begin training, difficulty relocating
Not for everyone
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 6, 2017
If you are smart you will adapt the minimal tools provide during training and continually expand and adapt to see your clients grow and learn.
You don't really get to interact with any other adults outside of parents and supervisors.
Pay is horrible, communication near non-existent, and no benefits unless you can reach over 30 or 35 hours a week.
But truthfully if you are driven by seeing little ones succeed and surviving financially is not a concern, then this a very rewarding position.
Ed Support Services
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 14, 2016
The company as a whole is fantastic! Every Clinician I've come across has been very helpful in teaching me ways to become a better therapist! My team of clinicians are quick to answer my questions and guide me for successful therapy session. My job is fun and rewarding in ways that I haven't expected.
Great job, personal/educational growth
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 2, 2016
I love working for this company. They care about their employees and treat us well. The job is fulfilling and helps you grow as a person, i.e. intellectually and emotionally. Only downside is lower pay, don't get me wrong the pay is good but could be higher in this field as I have seen with other companies. Also, when transitioning to a new client you might take a transient cut in hours. You usually work alone unless someone new is shadowing you or your supervisors come out to overlap which is once per week, at least. Management is good other than low scheduling coordinators but I believe they have transitioned to have more people so it is better but the new people are still confused on some things which can be frustrating but expected and understandable. The hardest part of the job is the job itself, i.e. the tantrums and process of teaching the kids, it's a long process and requires a lot of patience but when they do make progress it's extremely rewarding!!
Pros
Travel time, mileage reimbursement
Cons
low pay although not too low
fun and got to meet neat peaple
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Yerington, NVNovember 20, 2016
It was very good and I learned a lot it mad me make more friends and Alsome people my kids was happy to so I can get them thanks and get us a nice place to live.
Pros
free
Cons
dont mater
Friendly staff ok supervision
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 19, 2016
Good company low pay. Hours better than most aba companies they give anywhere from 10-30 hours a week. Strick protocols
Pros
Company parties
Cons
No breaks during session sometimes 4 hours long. Travel unpaid to clients. Abusive clients
Fun company great directors and staff
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 11, 2016
Training with Ed Supports Services was amazing and fun, I met the CEO, staffing coordinator, and my supervisors. ESS is a great company with lots of potential growth depending on your progress with education. You will be in 1:1 settings in clients homes (most cases) and be using your own car. The pay is starting at 15 an hour and 50 cents per mile. The down side is if families cancel sessions or go on vacation that time is not paid. The staff and your co-workers are super friendly and helpful. I've heard lots of reviews about other ABA companies and ESS is one of the best according to my clients!
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
Contacting supervisors, Sessions in homes of clients
Worked mostly worked with clients that had Autism Spectrum Disorder challenges.
Behavior Analyst/ Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 19, 2015
Work was challenging but fun and very productive. The clients were able to overcome their challenges in slow but progressive manner.
ABA Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  oakland, caFebruary 4, 2015
Great work environment and solid foundation and use of ABA Principles utilized for behavior change. Typical day is long, around 10-12 hours depending upon how many clients you see per day. Clinical Directors and supervisors are GREAT! Easy to communicate with.
Pros
Plenty of hours!
Cons
Short breaks, lots of travel (but you get paid for it!)
Small company with a fast- growing vision for our clients and staff alike
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAAugust 14, 2014
Each behavior therapist works with a kiddo long term, usually every day or at least several times a week. That's what I love about this position, I'm able to build a connection with who I'm working with. The greatest satisfaction I get is when I see progress, and that they are learning and reaching their goals. I once had a kiddo on the autism spectrum disorder who was recovering after being hit by a vehicle. He had lost a lot of motor skills so seeing him relearn how to drink from a cup was a huge step! This job taught me to be self- sufficient to trust my instincts and judgment. I usually have session with just the kiddo, with clinical visits from my supervisor and director once a week or every two weeks. I learned to be more patient and more creative in my ways of teaching.I believe the hardest part of this job was when I wasn't able to navigate around how to teach a specific skill that the kiddo would better understand. There were times when I was stuck and had to further educate myself on strategies or ask for guidance from my team.
Pros
Knowing that I am helping and being able to make a small difference in someone's life, flexible hours
Cons
Unpaid vacations, minimal interaction with coworkers
Nice
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  oaklandJune 26, 2014
Nice company to work for and also able to make your own schedule which was really nice.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Not always able to get in contact with staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juvo Autism + Behavioral Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Juvo Autism + Behavioral Health Services Reviews by Job Title