JVM Realty Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely demanding company with no leadership above the community level.
Community manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2016
A very demanding yet rewarding work experience at the community level. Very very busy office, JVM tends to under staff so there's always plenty to keep you busy.

I learned a great deal at JVM, I learned how to learn by hitting the ground running! I learned to be a great leader, but experiencing what NOT to do. I learned to utilize the tools provided for me and I learned to never ever ever trust Human Resources.

The community managers are amazing. Strong network of managers always willing to help one another.

The regional manager is completely unprofessional and has no clue how to lead. She manages by intimidation, humiliation and bullying. If you have any human emotions at all, this is probably not the company to work for in Kansas City.

Corporate management seems completely out of touch with things happening at the community level. A lot of decisions are made from the top without much research or communication with the people it will effect.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the regional manager.

The best part of the job was the demanding nature of the job. I grew a lot in a short amount of time. The community teams are an amazing, top notch group of intelligent, hard working people!!!
Pros
hard work, people, benefits, beautiful communities
Cons
regional manager
Respectable Company
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2015
Respectable company to work for. Great benefits and bonus structure. Revolving door, though the company is respectable they have a hard time keeping good employees, lots of turn over.
benefits
Cons
work life balance
Application and follow up
APM (Former Employee) –  NoblesvilleDecember 5, 2015
Company is very bad at follow up and addressing issues. Seems to start at the top and filters down through their staff. Management doesn't seem focused in growing the company.
Cons
Management style
4.5 stars and I am a tough grader!
Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Oak BrookDecember 9, 2014
I've been at JVM for almost 3 years. I have never been bored. There is always something to do and always something to improve upon. I have learned a lot about leadership, and how to manage change. The management and leadership team is great! I always feel supported and I have never worked with a better team. I can't imagine ever leaving this team. The hardest part of my job is that I am never "done," but I like that there is so much variety and so many challenges. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fulfillment of knowing I am making a difference to those I work with and the people we serve.
Pros
benefits, career path, performance based recognition, and my team!
Cons
not alot of places near by to walk to for a break and i put in alot of time.
Meeting New People
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHAugust 3, 2012
Typical Day is to answer the phones for residents calling in, showing new perspective residents the apartments and posting ads on craiglist.

I learned about housing laws and contract/ lease agreements.

Hardest part of the job is not being able to help someone when they request things to be done.

I enjoyed meeting all of the new and existing people that come in!
Pros
bonuses for selling
Cons
no advancement in company

2.7