JVM Realty Corporation Employee Review

View all JVM Realty Corporation reviews

salary plus commission based, busy place to work.
Leasing Specialist/Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2014
Typical day at work:

-Morning meetings with community manager/staff to prepare for future/current residents
-Taking responsibility for JVM’s mission statement to ensure higher customer satisfaction
-Meeting/Greeting prospects for future residency/online posting to Craigslist/maintaining appearance of Model for viewing
-Responsible for incoming/outgoing calls for rental rates/resident request/service request
-Assist in Inspecting units for move-ins (pat downs)/move-outs
-Data entry processing rental applications for approval/future prospects
-Preparing packages for new leases/lock changes/mailboxes for move-ins
-Letters/referrals/handling of customer satisfaction
-Monthly commissions/renewals/market surveys
-Maintaining resident files/assist with delinquencies and eviction paperwork and posting resident rents thru OneSite
-Currently going to CAM classes and keeping up to date with the latest Grace Hill courses
-Assistant to Community Manager

What I learned:

what I learned is what not to do.

Management:

I started with JVM with over 10 years experience, from Leasing to Assistant Manager. I had no formal training at this company, I had to hit the ground running and was only trained by my manager on a need to know basis. I started training myself based on the minimal information I found on my own. Once my manager was let go, I had to run the office on my own for weeks. when a new manager was hired I expressed my concerns, and started receiving more updated training, and structure. I received several raises and promotions in a short period of time.
  more... With new management morale is low, and its a hostile environment to work in. They are now being sold.

Hardest part about my job:

Working with a manager that did not want to see you succeed.

Most enjoyable part about the job:

Was helping people, building resident relationships, and seeing the hard work that I put in pay off, and be recognized.
Pros
day off during the week, 3 weeks PTO
Cons
no training manuel, nothing to refer to, training comes from management depending on what they want to teach you, I trained myself thru my past experience

Other JVM Realty Corporation Employee Reviews

Extremely demanding company with no leadership above the community level.
Community manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2016
A very demanding yet rewarding work experience at the community level. Very very busy office, JVM tends to under staff so there's always plenty to keep you busy.

I learned a great deal at JVM, I learned how to learn by hitting the ground running! I learned to be a great leader, but experiencing what NOT to do. I learned to utilize the tools provided for me and I learned to never ever ever trust Human Resources.

The community managers are amazing. Strong network of managers always willing to help one another.

The regional manager is completely unprofessional and has no clue how to lead. She manages by intimidation, humiliation and bullying. If you have any human emotions at all, this is probably not the company to work for in Kansas City.

Corporate management seems completely out of touch with things happening at the community level. A lot of decisions are made from the top without much research or communication with the people it will effect.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the regional manager.

The best part of the job was the demanding nature of the job. I grew a lot in a short amount of time. The community teams are an amazing, top notch group of intelligent, hard working people!!!
Pros
hard work, people, benefits, beautiful communities
Cons
regional manager
Respectable Company
Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2015
Respectable company to work for. Great benefits and bonus structure. Revolving door, though the company is respectable they have a hard time keeping good employees, lots of turn over.
benefits
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JVM Realty Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7