JW Aluminum

JW Aluminum Employee Reviews

great place to learn how to work with hydraulics and pneumatics if you dont already know
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 13, 2015
same as above... very hot enviroment and oily conditions you learn the most from working with other employees that working by your self
good pay
Oilroom Mechanic (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 3, 2015
Hot and dirty. Some of the best people work the floor at JWA. It's hard work sometimes, the swing shift schedule Has good and bad aspects to it! Top management has no sense of reality when it comes to the conditions on the floor. All in all it's a good paying job with lot's of days off, and teammates that become family!!
Gained a great deal of knowledge
Shift Electrician / HVACR (Former Employee), Russellville, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: hot place to work in the summer
This work was a hot place to work in the summer but the knowledge I gained made it worth it. They allowed me to attend the Electrical apprenticeship class to work towards getting my journeyman electrical license.
Has its Pros and Cons
management (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: great upper leadership with a very motivational view of the future of the company.
Cons: as with most work places you see your fair share of politics.
Great upper leadership with a very motivational view of the future of the company.
Horrible work conditions! New management has no clue, I'll be surprised if the company lasts five more years.
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: you get a lot of time off, plus a full week off every month.
Cons: working night shift, long 12 hr shifts, and the worst is it's so hot & dirty!
worst work environment you can imagine. morale is so low throughout the entire company that everyone hates being there anymore. new management is running the plant in the ground. not to mention that they will threaten your job over the smallest issues. very stressful place to work now. seven or eight years ago it was a great place to work. they treated everyone with respect and the employees actually – more... enjoyed working there. As much as you can expect to like a job I mean. they cut the benefits and now you can forget about working hard to increace advancement. the way things are now I wouldn't advise anyone to come work here. but if you like getting treated poorly, working like a dog and treated like a child then this is the place for you. I've never seen someone (management) take something simple that has worked so well for 20+ years and change it all around to where you have new work procedures every other week. you'd think after the second few million pounds of finished product was returned a light would go off letting you know maybe our new ways aren't the best way to go. I could go on and on but who has the time. I don't want you to think that I'm just one sour employee who sucks at his job and must get more abuse than most. thats not the case at all, I'm well liked and great at my job. if you can talk to anyone else that works or has worked here they will all tell you the same. You're just a number to these people, and one that can be replaced at the drop of a hat. It's sad really, it's a game around here to see who can get out first and find a good job. But that's just my opinion. – less
Fast-paced job
Slitter (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good supervisor's
Cons: rotating shift changes
The job was fast paced and I really enjoyed that. A typical day was running the fork lift and paperwork.
Great group of employees
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), St. Louis MOFebruary 27, 2014
The employees here treat you like family. The team of individuals are very dedicated to their work. The job can get dirty but it is always something new and exciting. No two days are alike.
production
machine operator/crane man (Current Employee), st.louis mo.January 30, 2014
Pros: union healthcare
Cons: union dues
its a good place to work but it's slowing down and loosing hours and having layoffs.
ok place to work great pay but the management was horrible
Melting Operator (Current Employee), russellville Ar.January 8, 2014
Pros: great pay for being at home
Cons: schedual
easy job all in all the hardest part would have to be cleaning out the furnace. it required using a forklift picking up the dross pans, placing them under the door, and raking out the impurities.
Productive and Hazardous work environment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCDecember 5, 2013
The hardest part of the job would be the heat, because it is an Aluminum factory. The easiest would be the fork lifting. I worked night shift and received proper breaks. I took direction from my supervisor and executed them well.
Enjoyable job but made promises they didn't keep.
Accountant (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 18, 2013
Posted purchase orders. Compared purchase orders to invoices. Billed customers. Weekly payroll review and posting. Month end close duties.
Dynamic organization with desire to grow
Corporate Lean Deployment Manager (Current Employee), Mount Holly, SCMay 14, 2013
Proactive organization with a vision for a secure future in partnership with a growth strategy to become the leader in the industry
Good summer position
Summer Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2013
I was working under the lean deployment manager. I learned quite a bit about Lean Six Sigma. The best part was working on the preventative maintenance project.
Careful_Private equity owned
Product Line Manager (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCApril 13, 2013
Good work environment, great pay, good management, but just a small player in the industry, hence vulnerable...Job can end anytime.
Productive fun place to work
Caster Operator (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: great pay and time off from work
Cons: bad for health
Very hot and dirty, but that normal for that kind of place. Management was the worst.
Work people until they cant work anymore.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2013
Cons: long hours and no communication
never worried about the product as long as it went out the door. There is no communication and they don't work in the WIN system they try to preach.
Mill operator
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2013
It was a good place to work. Machinist union local 9.
management was horrible. they was quanity over quality. Great benifits
Enjoyed the shifts at this job
Aluminum Coil Truck Operator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 12, 2012
I enjoyed the shifts at this company
The pay at this company was decent
This was a temporary position through a staffing agency
Productive work place and can be fun at times
Packer (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCAugust 3, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad work hours, short breaks, long shift
This job is a great job for someone who doesnt have a great home life, its like a family there in some aspects but in other ways the hours and long shifts help with all the time off
Quality and Balance
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAMarch 23, 2012
Pros: security, advancement, excellent payscale
Cons: somewhat high healthcare costs, schedule changes
JW Aluminum allows me to balance work and family. The work environment stresses quality without stressing out the employees.

About JW Aluminum

When it comes to helping companies that show promise, Wellspring Capital Management is overflowing with support. The middle-market – Read more

JW Aluminum Salaries