JW Aluminum Employee Reviews

Was an okay work environment
Store Room Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 22, 2017
For the office workers there was very little chance for advancement, even less for minorities. When my job was phased out due to a software upgrade I was offered a job in the warehouse. Now my background for all my working career was in the office. But after watching a few safety videos and after 4 hours of training on a forklift I was placed in the warehouse to load and unload millions of dollars of equipment. Of course, that was to say they had offered me a chance to remain with the company but after 3 months I was let go.
Cool place to work at
Operator (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 14, 2017
Cool place very hot in summertime swing shift so your away from family at times they never close so your there on holidays but you get holiday pay so it's worth it
Unstable
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 29, 2017
JW Aluminum was a good work experience for me. I worked hard and made few mistakes and was rewarded for it. The company had made several cuts to staff over the last few years and most employees there aren't sure of their job security.
Pros
Good Supervisor/Good Hours
Cons
Fast Paced/Job Security
Great place to work.
Commercial Buyer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 9, 2017
JW Aluminum gives you the freedom to work at your own pace as long as you are productive. My typical work day is contacting current suppliers and buying their scrap Aluminum as well as looking for new potential suppliers.
As long as the rich get richer who cares what happens to you.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2017
Insurance is worse than obamacare.
Company wants you to think and act like an owner, as long as it don't affect performance. Numbers and quota are the only goal. 2 percent raises a year at the cost of less benefits..so basically you go backwards in payscale. If there is no other opportunities for you, then u might want this job long enough to get you by. Other than that I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Hard to think of any.
Cons
12 hour days, Insurance, last minute overtime postings, no breaks except lunch
great place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 12, 2017
my overall rating for this company will always be a 5 star rating if I could rate the company 1000 times I would, I like them because they take great care of there people
long hours and dangerous work
Cold Mill Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 18, 2017
It's a rough manufacturing facility. Lots of physical dangers from cuts/burns to getting crushed. Worst part was getting forced to work 7 days. It was a union job.
Good place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 9, 2017
I was employed in 2012 as a maintenance machanic. Great place to work. Awesome supervisors good pay,good hours, I really enjoyed going to work. The company treats they employees pretty good. That's why I am going back to jw aluminum as a rehire doing the same job title, over all good place to work
Pros
Good upper management pay health insurance
Cons
Hot
great place to work
Maintenance Technician/Welder (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 1, 2017
Was one of the best places I have had the oprotunity to work people were all great never any issues with others was a very fun inviorment to be part of
Pros
great people great management
Cons
there are none
This is a good place to work especially in the shipping/receiving department.
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARFebruary 27, 2017
JW Aluminum is a good place to work. I enjoyed working in the receiving department. I also tested raw materials that came in to the facility to check the pureness of the aluminum that was in the scrap.
Pros
Great hours and friendly management.
Cons
Extreme heat when near the furnaces.
Not bad work, terrible schedule.
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 3, 2017
Work 2-3-2, the only issue is night shift works Saturday thru Monday. This means that every Saturday your either getting off or going in.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Schedule
load and unload trailers plus transport raw and finished goods
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 29, 2016
Load trailers with finished goods to ship out. Unload raw goods coming in to the warehouse. Print BOLs for loads shipping out
highly productive work enviornment
Holder operator (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 29, 2016
Swing shift operation,work 15 days out of the month night and days. 12 hour shifts intense heat. Must take pride in your job in order to be effective and help move the company forward.
Pros
overtime availability
Cons
swing shift work takes you away from the family
A good place to start
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PASeptember 22, 2016
Not bad but not good if u want to improve and move up in the company. If you are a hard worker then you should be ok if u like drama every day from management..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad management
let you do you job
PLC & Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville ar 777 Tylor roadMay 17, 2016
Check on what had broken down on shift before ordered parts. Made list of things we needed for my shift and layed out a plan for the men to follow to get work accomplished
Cons
24/7 on call, no break for 3 year
Productive workplace with opportunity to learn
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 27, 2015
JW offers a great work schedule for their corporate employees which includes weekends off. There are many departments within the corporate offices and everyone I came in contact with seemed to be friendly people who genuinely enjoyed their jobs. A typical day at work could be very demanding depending on the circumstances. The ability to multitask is a must. Communication was necessary and the company made great efforts to streamline the communication process. They are an evolving company and understood that change is necessary to stay competitive. My co-workers were amazing. They were a little hard around the edges at first but once I got to know them they had such warm hearts. I would say my co-workers were the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job waiting on others for follow up. I learned a great deal about Aluminum and the Aluminum Industry while working at JW.
Pros
Great work schedule, friendly team, good benefits
Able to balance work and life goals
Director of Planning and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, SCAugust 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job has been the constant learning and changing of roles and responsibilities. I thrive on business improvements and moving the business to new levels. The technology with today's ERP systems is both rewarding and challenging and I enjoy both faucets. The thrill of diving into a current process along with my colleagues to find a solution that improves their work life and the companies bottom line is my definition of a successful workday.
The company still struggles to with changing the culture but are on their way to something great. The current marketplace has thrown them a curve ball but I am confident they will do all they can to stay in the game.
Pros
Fast Paced, embracing change
Cons
Too many directions, unable to complete current taks before moving to next
Heavy industrial environment
Shift Electrician (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek SCAugust 8, 2015
Good company in general. Nature of process lent itself to requirement for constant safety awareness. Fires were fairly common. Very hot environment due to presence of molten metal and processes produsing heat. Very dusty and oily. Rotating shifts challenging on family life.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
Difficult environment (heat)
Advacement Possibilities
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 22, 2015
Overall it is not a bad place to work. Like every where else management needs better people skills. Most everyone is easy to work with and able to get along.
Benefits
Cons
Odd shift schedule
great place to learn how to work with hydraulics and pneumatics if you dont already know
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 13, 2015
same as above... very hot enviroment and oily conditions you learn the most from working with other employees that working by your self

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Aluminum. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8