JWT

JWT Employee Reviews

Flexible Job Opportunity
District Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 20, 2015
Flexibility to work from home for position. Great team, client and creative. Autonomy for job to allow personal growth and project ownership.
Short tenure
Partner / Director of Print (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 17, 2015
Company very much in transition. Downsized significantly from previous years.
Learned more at JWT about marketing than any other job
Vice President, Account Director (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: very challenging work. great resume value at the time.
Cons: 24 x 7; at the time, the sprint client had some abusive team members
Both New York and SF offices extremely competitive

Worked on Sprint account in SF, which, at the time, was very difficult.
Fun workplace setting. Hardly any promotions and zero raises.
Producer (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: fun, open office setting where you can chat with everyone and share ideas.
Cons: raises and promotions are extremely rare. the turnover rate at jwt is really high.
Work-life balance is decent.
However, the moral of the company as a whole is low because employees are not being rewarded with raises and promotions are extremely rare.
Fun environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Good Company to work for. Fun and fast paced environment. Crazy hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Account Executive Intern (Former Employee), San Juan, PRApril 1, 2014
Its the best place to work. Coworkers are welcoming and they help you with everything you need.
Legendary Company
Freelance Song Writer / Performer (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Provided commercial musical performances and compositions for JWT.
Fun place to work. Nice co-workers.
Senior Database Developer (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good vacation benefit. great experiences to learn.
Flexible hours.
Nice co-workers.
On-site gym with locker room.
Good Vacation Benefit.
Great experiences to learn.
Flexible Schedule & Casual Work Enviornment
Database Developer (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: paid time-off approx 20 days per year plus 15 days of vacation time.
Cons: company growth
A typical work day for the most part is a steady flow of work and minimal meetings.

I've learned how to work withTeam Foundation Server to manage and control versioning of SQL Code and SSIS packages.

Management is relational and supportive.

Co-workers are supportive and team focused.

The hardest part of this job is that there can be extended periiods of downtime due to client delays.

The most enjoyable part of this job is its flexibility/telecommute. Coworkers take an interest in each other’s lives other than working relationships.
Great office space. Too top heavy
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Pros: office space and in house bar
Cons: no advancement and too much upper management
There is no loyalty to hard-working employees, you will be fired at the drop of a hat. No training, no advancement and no raises. JWT still feels that you should be honored they chose you to work there.
An intern's point of view
Intern (Former Employee), Downtown, LebanonApril 25, 2013
Pros: got introduced to the work place and its heirarchy
Cons: didn't work in my field
Working in the web design and development department, shows you the flow of work, where they meet, how they assign the work. The team was composed of members with different tasks..ranging from copy writers, junior graphic designers, senior designers and project managers. I was the intern who had to seek attention from the members to give me a certain job. I ended up working on programming. It was not something related to the field, but I learned something and I was able at least to watch people during their work time and the methods they use to deal with each other.
Horrible place to work
finance associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2012
Pros: nice building
Cons: management, work ethics, and salary.
By far the worst place I have worked. No organization or structure at the atlanta office. No training for new hires, no compassion, and horrible management. Definitely no the best place to work if you value team morale or organization. Also, they will fire you without warning and for no reason. More of a popularity contest than how good you do your job.

November 12, 2012

By far the best agency I've worked. The Finance team is wonderful. Management is very considerate and the supervisors are down to earth. No, I'm not a manager or a supervisor but just a happy employee who thought it's only fair to share the positive experience.

like pulling teeth
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
continued layoffs for 2.5 years now, low office morale, no cost of living adjustments or raises or bonuses except for the C-level officers.
Jr. Account Managment Intern
Internship (Jr. Account Management) (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 16, 2012
Finishing my Advertising Bachelor Degree I have been accept in a John Walter Thompson Internship.
My internship job consist in assist the Advertising Executive Account of Pueblo, Triple S and Walgreens. Manage customer account database and maintain client contracts and files. Work collectively with all departments to complete a job. Also attend client meetings, in company of the Account Executive Manager.
Challenging and Busy Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2012
Pros: smart and creative co-workers
Cons: very hard to maintain a work life balance.
JWT can be a very challenging place to work but the end rewards make all the late nights worth it. The account and creative teams are top notch as well as the support staff. In my two years, and counting, here at JWT I have learned a great deal about how a large creative agency operates and how to get things done under tight deadlines.
see resume
Intern Executive Account Jr (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 18, 2012
Love working as intern. Best experience as intern executive account jr. Did a variety of things that a Executive Account Jr, did.
nice place to work
Consultant, Associate Creative Director (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2012
nice place, nice people, nice environment. It was a good experience.
Great Culture
Freelance (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2012
I freelanced at JWT and the culture was fantastic. The people were great and helpful. I enjoyed going to work every, single day. My most challenging day was a fun day. I'd love to freelance or work full time there in the future.
Great people
Accounts Payable Coordinator / Client Biller (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2012
Pros: free fridays, long weekends, healthcare.
Cons: outsourced
Very nice place to work in. Has lots of Holiday.. Great people to work with.
Creative, exciting time as the agency was transforming itself to a digital centric shop
Head Revenue Growth North America (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2012
Pros: tons of resources, high energy, great clients, fun people
Cons: north american management structure made it difficult to coordinate multi-office new biz pitches
Loved my time at JWT. Won agency of the year just after I left and I'm proud I helped in the years leading up to that award.

About JWT

J. Walter Thompson Company, doing business as JWT, is a leading advertising agency in the US and one of the largest in the world – Read more

JWT Salaries